/OWG/ - Olympic Weightlifting General

/owg/ - Olympic Weightlifting General
A thread for the discussion of the sport of weightlifting and all things related. Keep the insults and shitposting to a minimum.

>stronk af edition

>If you are new to weightlifting please read these first and check the other sources they link to before asking questions:
chinfl.blogspot co.uk/2013/07/how-into-weightlifting.html
reddit.com/r/weightlifting/wiki/faq
dropbox.com/sh/mjgz5nmcikhhvnu/28iq3URWUW

>helpful blog on some technique quirks:
yashathoughts.com

>The information that you are looking for is probably in the above links.
That includes routines, shoes, information on the lifts, etc. Check out the pastebins for literature or the reddit faq for general information.

Included in this youtube playlist are videos related to weightlifting which you may find useful or insightful:
youtube.com/channel/UCl3WCm2GfvLxvH877oJ1xEA/playlists

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tAAAbwEtZRo
youtu.be/w4mGKSBQFxA?t=45
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

best weightlifting shoes in your opinion?

How do you keep your shoulders over the bar without falling in front?

snatch or c&j?

Both, I think. Literally every weightlifter I've met has said to start and stay a bit more over the bar.

>Inb4 blueshits comes and ruins thread.

Ass back more so center of gravity is pushing through heels. Your shoulder blades should be over bar, so the back of your Delts will line up with bar.

what to do against passing out in the clean? like, I never COMPLETELY passed out, but there were some moments where everything went black and it was a miracle that I kept standing

By changing your torso angle and the position of your hips to redistribute the weight. So, butt back, torso closer to the ground. Keep the chest 'stretched'.

1) Breathe
2)Keep the bar off your carotid artery

Don't worry, once school lets out he'll be here

I have Position 2.0s and I love them. Honestly any shoe with a .75 heel height or higher will probably be fine.

>I have Position 2.0s and I love them.

ur a fucking shill and u dont even cant snatch a 20kg

I mean I'm pretty DYEL, but I snatch 65kgs (dat dere lack of overhead mobility), clean and jerk 100kgs, front squat 138kgs and back squat 148kgs at 82kgs bodyweight. Not quite a 20kg snatch, but yeah.

and u think u have the knowledge to give advice

>that webm
>powerlift 2.0
>shitty advice

i can literally smell trappy in this thread lol

JUSG A FEMINDDF BKUEZHOE IS FUINING OWG

HES FUINING OLG RIFHT NOW HES RUINGING PLG RIGHT NOW

HES HRUING PLG RIGHT NOW
TRAPPY CHAN WILL SAC US WITH HER QUALIRY POSTING
TRAPPY CHAN WIL SAVE US WITH HER QUALITY POSTING
TRAPPG CHAN EILL SAVE US

I MENA T TIT

BLUESHOE WIL KIL US

BLEUSHOE KILING IWG
BLUESHIE START POSTING..

OWG FALL OWN

ITS NOT A OCINDIENCE

TRAOPG CHAN WILL SAVE U
BLUESHIES IS KILLING OWG AND HES KILLING PLG HES KILLEC PLG

ITS HAOOENING

SDINT REPLY TI BLUESHIE POST

DONTNTALK ABOUT HIM

DINT GIVE HIM ATTENTJON

BKUESHIE IS A BAD GUY

TRAPPT XHAN WILL SAVE US

ok borderlandshoes

What should I do to increase my drive for the jerk? And my dip isn't significantly high, otherwise I sacrifice some tightness in my shoulders and back.

Lock in, dip, and fucking EXPLODE YOU PUSSY FUCK

Like with timing trap engagement and extension in the pull, you need to time shoulder engagement--actively pushing the bar from the rack--with the end phase of the dip extension. Maintain control of the bar at all times. You need to always be working against the bar.

I just said I like the shoes, wasn't aware that you need a significant total to recommend shoes

go home blueshoes

Godelli is a good lifter though, even if he is a dirty cheat

jerk drives, front squats

Blue Romaleos 2

you think he is a good lifter based on his shoes though

I think Godelli is a good lifter based on his shoes? Are you retarded? He's a lifter because he's medaled at worlds. Retard.

hi trappy

til thinking Godelli is a good lifter makes me a brazillian dyel tranny

those shoes are really terrible, only tranny wears them right????

2016 53kg gold medalist

shoes don't make the lifter

it does actually if you think about it, statiscally you fucking tranny

megan is hott and a good lifter

Nice pull

Also please stop forcing your fucking stupid infographic on plg

Its like you actually think you're spitting mad shit but nobody cares about your mixtape

I am making a compilation of trappy using no trip code

Notice how she keeps complimenting herself

everyone already knows this, stop posting it here bringing more attention to this degenerate

nice snatch

HA!

Apparently Liao Hui is coming out of retirement for Tokyo

you guys need better mobility

I'm seriously not trappy, I'm literally posting from my bed in Dallas right now lmao. I hate trappy just as much as the next guy, honestly didn't think it could get much worse on /owg/ until blueshoes showed up.

I have pretty good mobility though

Was on a powerlifting routine for 16 weeks.
Want to add some olympic lifts like cleans.

What days do you guys do them on? Like with squat, deadlift, bench, and OHP, where the fuck do you fit it in?

Do you know where you are son? What makes you think people here actually lift, let alone lifts that don't contribute to weightlifting like deads and bench?

Face of an autist who bought into meme shoes

Top lmao

>making this big of a deal about shoes

are you sure you're not the autist

For that much money you could've purchased adipowers or romaleos, you know, reputable shoes from well-known, longstanding shoe making companies. But you decided to be a meme and buy meme shoes

>bench
for warmup
>squat
ohs on clean day fs on snatch day bs on friday
>diddy
clean deatlift + clean pull on clean day
>ohp
nah but push press on friday

how 2 improve speed under the bar in the snatch and be snappy like this?

keep pulling the bar up as long as possible

I've been power cleaning for a couple of weeks now. Started with just the bar and doing 60 kg 5x3 now.
Filmed my form yesterday doing 50 kg, since I felt my rack position sucked.
I see that I'm waay too slow on racking the bar. Any tips for this?
Any other things I should do / not do?

too slow didnt watch

1. you're starting from a deadlift position. stop that. power cleans start from a clean position.
2. up the weight, you're catching it almost without bending your knees at all.
3. you're supposed to pull yourself under the bar after you jump. you don't, you just bend your arms and that's it.

1 is the biggest error, but that's easily fixed. power clean is a pretty technical movement, if your gym has a PT worth a shit, ask him for some tips etc. or if your gym has oly faggots who know what they're doing, ask them.

Mobility in back squat is fucking easy to acquire let's see your overhead positions to judge mobility lads

do cleans before squats or deads

clean + front squat is good synergy
clean pull + repetition rdls will suffice for pulling (do ghrs or whatever as well, duh)

desu you prob dont have the mobility to do a proper clean, so just add in power cleans as a warmup to deads on whatever day they're on

Could've also bought the same shoe without the massive strap and logo from strength shop for alot cheaper. It's basicslly the same shoe, same heel height and everything. Would wager same Chinese factory

stupid

fuck off, manlet.

>meme shoes
>belt
>knee sleeves
>WRIST WRAPS 4 HIGHBAR SQUAT

top meme

Sam Hydes, great powerlifter. Anybody knows him?
Here's his routine
youtube.com/watch?v=tAAAbwEtZRo

For a beginner the things based on your videos you should focus on improving are:
>Pull hips through harder, pretend you want to fuck the shit out of the bar. You are stopping as soon as your thighs hit the bar. Practice hip thrusts or pulls to improve on this.
>When you catch it in the rack position, you are bending at the knees and not at the hips at all. After the pull, ass goes back and knees go forward to prepare for the catch, whether it be in a power clean or full clean position. What you are doing is some sort of weird muscle clean. Practice front squats to improve on this.
>Drive elbows through harder. Practice just holding the bar with >100% weight you can front squat. Literally just holding it driving your elbows up.

Overall not bad for a beginner, your pull is probably the shittiest part. Just remember what drives the bar up is momentum, hips striking the bar, and the shrug. Thats why the bar shouldn't go in a straight line up. It should sort of orbit around your knees then strike your thighs and orbit around your chest (or head in the snatch's case).

>>Pull hips through harder, pretend you want to fuck the shit out of the bar. You are stopping as soon as your thighs hit the bar.

jon north? hip smesh

owg is ded we have these retards who dont lift trolling giving advice

bye

youtu.be/w4mGKSBQFxA?t=45

One of you faggots turn this into a webm stat

Today I didn't even get to practice with the bar because apparenlty I suck at hip contact and keeping the bar close to my body.

FUCK I hate myself. I

Idk what the fuck you on about mate. I'm giving beginner advice. Bet you never even competed nerd.

0:36 to 0:45 specifically

sometimes i forget how unimportant technique is

thanks for this vid

>I'm giving beginner advice

exactly an advice from a beginner who can't snatch 20kg

Doing the LSU program, maxing out this Saturday.
Wish me luck lads

bumping for mattie webms

well you should forget it again because that notion is false

You're advice was pretty bad desu

Hit a cheeky 7.5kg hang snatch pb tonight bois

Mattie is livestreaming on IG rite naow

lol