Veeky Forums, I need you to answer a very important question. Patton or Montgomery?

Veeky Forums, I need you to answer a very important question. Patton or Montgomery?

Other urls found in this thread:

books.google.co.uk/books?id=oWqaAwAAQBAJ&pg=PA350&lpg=PA350&dq="Soviet method of attacking through mine fields. The German mine fields, always covered by defensive fire, had caused many casualties among the Allied armies. When Red Army troops approached a mine field they moved forward exactly as if it were not there, Soviet theory being that losses from antipersonnel mines would be no greater than those that would have been inflicte4d by machine guns and artillery. When the infantrymen had passed through a mined area, they established a bridgehead, after which combat engineers cleared out the vehicular mines.&source=bl&ots=PCHedl1J9Q&sig=TPc-B2qxuDtXtnBdTaryQUIPSMM&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi10er965fNAhVB2xoKHQR8BbIQ6AEIHjAA#v=onepage&q="Soviet method of attacking through mine fields. The German mine fields, always covered by defensive fire, had caused many casualties among the Allied armies. When Red Army troops approached a mine field they moved forward exactly as if it were not there, Soviet theory being that losses from antipersonnel mines would be no greater than those that would have been inflicte4d by machine guns and artillery. When the infantrymen had passed through a mined area, they established a bridgehead, after which combat engineers cleared out the vehicular mines.&f=false
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I suppose Monty is less shit

>American retard or American retard
I’ll take Manstein, Guderian or Zhukov

Monty could be incompetent, but ultimately he was a nice man. He's not a bad person.

Patton was both a shit commander and a raging asshole the far american right wank off to.

>Montgomery
>American

And well done for naming 3 meme generals

Montgomery single handily defeated the axis with no little than his fists

Patton because punching through the Siegfried Line would've liberated the concentration camps faster and gotten us pregnant Anne Frank

get out 14 year old

Monty wasn't shit, he took a calculated risk with Market Garden and it didn't pay off. Rommel gambled on one big push with dwindling supplies in North Africa and that didn't pay off either.

This, people need to understand there is an large degree of hidden information not available to Generals.

Real life ain't HOI4.

>fails in his plan to parachute troops even when everyone is telling him to stop because it will not work
>blame poles

I miss when shitposters at least pretended to be intelligent.

Neither.

Woh woh not so fast. Monty a nice man? He ruined a man's life because he was right about Market-Garden being a bad idea.

The Chad illiterate vs the virgin tactician

>Monty
>Nice guy
>Whines about not leading the charge in Europe
>Whines about America invading France
>Whines about not getting all the glory, despite lackluster performance outside of Africa
>Gets control of an operation
>Is told repeatedly that it is a bad idea and that he is about to let a lot of men die for his own self-aggrandizing plans
>Ignores advice
>Operation Market Garden happens
>Brits, Cannucks, and Americans btfo'd by Germans Monty was told were there
>It's a struggle, given that the men involved fight extremely bravely and hard
>Operation fails
>Coverup proceeds to say it was a minor setback to the British public
>Monty blames everyone but himself
>Sacks several people to make sure it doesn't look bad for his reputation
>Claims victory in Europe with everyone else despite having little to do with actual European engagements

What a nice fucking guy, the cunt.

Monty was told several times by airmen who scouted the area that a large concentration of German troops were being gathered in the planned drop zones. Weeks of pilot reports and intelligence findings conclude that there was a major buildup in the area. Monty literally ignored all this evidence and said to go ahead with the operation.

It wasn't a calculated risk with unforeseen events causing it to fail. It was his own fault for trying to grab glory before the rest of the Allies could cross the Rhine in any real way and roll on to glory without him.

He knew EXACTLY what was waiting on the other side of the Channel and went for it anyway, despite numerous reports and evidence that he was about to drop his fighting men into a literal manpower pool for a German armored division/.

Based Douglas ''Nuke'em" MacArthur

Gotta nuke something

>Stop fighting, kids

HAHAHHAHAH WTF

>ctrl+f
>no Omar Bradley
You faggots are pathetic.

Never change Veeky Forums

Patton. He was a capable commander who led the soldiers under his command to victory time and time again.

Monty, well...

This kinda puts him into proper perspective.

>threatens to quit because he was butthurt about a Bong leading an American division until Ike tells him to stop being a faggot

Petraeus.

bump

>nothing on Zhukov

Nigger Jack Pershing

THIS IS Veeky Forums!
WE ZHUKOV HERE
>learn your memes newfags

Monty was autistic, Patton was a looney
But Monty looks good a beret

> mfw there are people who don't know the full quote

books.google.co.uk/books?id=oWqaAwAAQBAJ&pg=PA350&lpg=PA350&dq="Soviet method of attacking through mine fields. The German mine fields, always covered by defensive fire, had caused many casualties among the Allied armies. When Red Army troops approached a mine field they moved forward exactly as if it were not there, Soviet theory being that losses from antipersonnel mines would be no greater than those that would have been inflicte4d by machine guns and artillery. When the infantrymen had passed through a mined area, they established a bridgehead, after which combat engineers cleared out the vehicular mines.&source=bl&ots=PCHedl1J9Q&sig=TPc-B2qxuDtXtnBdTaryQUIPSMM&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi10er965fNAhVB2xoKHQR8BbIQ6AEIHjAA#v=onepage&q="Soviet method of attacking through mine fields. The German mine fields, always covered by defensive fire, had caused many casualties among the Allied armies. When Red Army troops approached a mine field they moved forward exactly as if it were not there, Soviet theory being that losses from antipersonnel mines would be no greater than those that would have been inflicte4d by machine guns and artillery. When the infantrymen had passed through a mined area, they established a bridgehead, after which combat engineers cleared out the vehicular mines.&f=false

this is like asking, who is the best JV quarterback on the high-school football team.

the real generals were either Soviets or Germans on the eastern front.

This.

Although the American-Brit breakthrough was intentionally slow and low-risk, because they could afford it.

Apart from D-day landings, which where fucking magic, they weren't really tested.

Operation Market Garden... nuff' said.

Patton's army diverted to Bastogne by excellent maneuver on the fly, while Montgomery with a stick up his ass as usual, unable to get off the dime and trap a kraut army that's like ripe fruit on the vine, same as Falaise. No real contest here as far as generalship.