Why should I do stronglifts 5x5 or SS instead of jumping straight into something like PHUL or PPL...

Why should I do stronglifts 5x5 or SS instead of jumping straight into something like PHUL or PPL? I understand progressive overload and such already.

Yes, SS is designed to give you faster gains than volume-deficient PHUL or lower progression PPLxULx based programs, which you want to have when you can make use of beginner gains.

Beginner programs are designed to take you from untrained to novice in the quickest amount of time possible. During that time nearly all your gains are CNS adaptation. Very little is actual muscle growth. Being untrained, you're too weak to lift enough to stimulate muscle growth. It also allows you to practice the big movements with little fear of injury.

So basically you can do SL or SS and gain muscle faster than if you did an intermediate program ? It's basically a shortcut

while you're a novice, yes

that will not last forever through, so you'll need to switch to an intermediate program eventually

Feel free to do so. We make suggestions, not cut and dry laws.

That being said, running a basic program, such as starting strength for 2-3 months, and running it properly, will have you squat/bench and dead 2-4 times a week. Even at very low volume per session, that volume adds up quickly, and gives you excellent strength gains and development right off the bat. More importantly though, it teaches that the best progress comes from focusing *on* progress, not "3 curl and tricep extension variations switched up every 3rd workout because gainz brah."

You should do SS. SL puts too much volume on beginners leading to you having to take deload weeks too early. And a beginner program is not a shortcut, its specifically designed to take advantage of beginner gains. You want to stay on beginner programs for as long as possible because it has faster progression.

What about once you've exhausted SS? Will Texas Method for hypertrophy give me as much muscle gainz vs something like PHAT?

I know this might be a ridiculous question, but should I be eating +500 calories a day? Or would I still see progression with just this?

Texas Method (even templates) aren't really very good for hypertrophy. You'd be better off with Candito Linear or Candito 6 Week, which come with good hypertrophy templates. But all that's 4-6 months away, focus on maxing out SS right now.

Woops meant to attach this. Just a screenshot saying what a TDEE calculator said what I need for maintenance

Yes SS is best for noobgains.
You'll want to do it a few months. You learn the lifts, get used to going to the gym, build starting strength as the name implies so you don't hurt yourself on advanced routines.

That way when you do go to an advanced routine you also lift more, which in turn gives you better aesthetics. Which sounds like you're trying for instead of just strength.

when do you know you've maxed out a beginner program? should I continue until 1/2/3/4?

Yeah till how long should I continue SS
My current lifts are
45/65/90/105kg work sets

SL is a ripoff of SS by some nobody in Turkey or some shit.

SS is an entire book of everything you need to know about lifting and diet written by one of the top coaches in the world. Stick with that.

Do SS for lower body lifts

Do Push/Pull for upper body

So like this

Lower Body = Monday/Wednesday/Friday
Upper Pull = Tuesday/Saturday
Upper Push = Thursday/Sunday

Yeah it's 7 days a week, but you're not meant to do HUGE amounts of volume. Get the volume right and you'll find this shit works the best.

SS is an in every way inferior rip off of "Only the strong shall survive" program with nonstandard lifts done by fucking no one outside of Rips gym.

And he's not even the top strength coach in his fucking town let alone the country.

OP, please do GSLP.

SS is decent, and SL is just internet marketing. Greyskull is the best of the three by far IMO

Nothing will increase your weights as much and as quickly as SS. Then, once you've increased your strength and built a nice muscle base, you can train for hypertrophy with much heavier weights and get much quicker and better results.

You stop the program when linear progression stops working.

do you actually think starr or pendlay wouldnt recommend starting strength

youre such a mong hipster faggot its unbearable

My issue is that I work out at home. I have a squat rack and all the plates I need... and dumbells only up to 20lbs.

What program can I do besides SL? None that I know. And my results have been huge legs that suck up all the protein powder I drink... and a chest that so small birds aren't even afraid of me.

How about SL 3x5?

Should I stick with SL 5x5, or switch to 3x5 immediately? My gym doesn't let us do powercleans.

>nonstandard lifts done by fucking no one outside of Rips gym

Ok nobody does power cleans but other than that?

>Bench
Literally the most popular exercise
>Squat
70% of people who lift legs at all do them (incorrectly), squat racks are always full
>Deadlift
about half the days I go to the gym I see someone deadlifting
>OHP
Not really common but I see someone else doing it at least once a week

I'm not a huge fan of SS but you've lost it on this one user.

I'm a fatty who's cutting so my lifts have stalled but I can go up if I start eating more.
Should I still do ss?