So i went to the doctor today. Learned I am 388lbs, 6'1. I have been keto and staying well under 1500 cal. for 6 weeks...

So i went to the doctor today. Learned I am 388lbs, 6'1. I have been keto and staying well under 1500 cal. for 6 weeks. Ive also been at the gym 3 times a week (30 min cardio and lifting). I cant seem to notice any results. Am i just too whale to notice any weight loss yet, or have i simply not been going long enough? Feel free to shit all over me. I more than deserve it, but any real responses would be appreciated

You aren't calculating your calories correctly

What was your starting weight?

If you're not losing weight, then you need to count calories better

you are gaining muscle so your weight will stay the same for a while just keep at it. You could put on 30lbs of muscle in a year dude

OP here. Went from 360 to 290 3 years ago. Then i quit my job, fell into depression, and didnt stop eating. Now i feel like shit putting myself through all of this again. Need a little pick me up.

I didnt weigh before i started unfortunately. I suck, I know.

What do you get out of lying to us? You're definitely not eating 1500 calories a day

buy a scale, look at your weight once per week in the morning before you eat anything

>didnt take a starting weight
>hurr i don't feel like im making any progress!

How the fuck do you think you're supposed to know if you're progressing or not?

Please make a plan to lose weight and stick to it. If you won't do it for yourself, do it for me. I know it seems pointless sometimes and the results seem so far away, but I promise you it's the best thing you could ever do for yourself. It may take you a few years to be happy with the results, but that's better than giving up and never being happy with your body.

Please user, pull it together. For us.
We're all gonna make it.

My clothes still fit the same. Not getting any easier at the gym. I dont have the shit down to a science like most of you, and for that i apologize.

If you choose to not believe me, feel free to post somewhere else. Or dont, I cant tell you how to function.

Single self bump. Then ill let it die.

There's absolutely no way you're on 1500 cals then, when I did keto @ 2000 cals when I was 150kg the results were insane.

try harder

How long till you had noticeable results? People around me claim they see results. Im just so self critical, i dont see it.

Your probably losing like 100-200 grams a day, that's going to feel like nothing at your size just stick to it and incorporate some walking/cycling. Try intermmitent fasting as well

Down to a science? How hard is weighing yourself? Don't complain about not seeing results if you don't do the bare minimum. You expect to have clothes fit you different after a month? If you want to see progress then you actually have to measure yourself.

At 388, i dont have access to a scale that doesnt say error when i step on it. I really dont understand the hostility. Im simply look for assistance in my journey

Why do you do keto?

Wrong guy, sorry

People in my family have lost a lot from only eating keto. Plus my doctor recommended it.

I said do some walking/cycling (better on your joints) and stick to it. As for fasting aim to go without calories for 16 hours and eat your 1.5k in one sitting (easily 1 meal a day) drink lots of water to stay full.

Yea sorry bro, i responded to the wrong post.

At nearly 400 pounds, he should be losing weight period.

Dude, I'm going to tell you something.

Your attitude is not good. Your head still isn't in the right place, and that's making all of this ten times harder than it needs to be.

My dad just had his second heart attack in two years, and he's only just starting to come around his diet, but I don't know if it's going to stick. There's just too much going on inside of him that he can't admit to himself. His problem is one of habits unmoderated and emotions unacknowledged. I wonder how much of that applies to you.

You've apologized for every single post you've made. You're beating yourself up before anyone gets a chance to throw a punch. You're being unfair to yourself.

Your past, your mistakes, your inability to act on your intentions...no one knows about it. No one really cares about it, except you. And as long as you focus on what you're doing wrong, no amount of doing right is going to impact your mindset.

The food, the weight, your health...these aren't the problem, these are symptoms. You already know that.

A lot of numbers in your post. You don't need to convince any of us that you're doing enough. You need to convince yourself that you're doing your best. As long as you can say that to yourself without lying, the results will follow.

If you want this, then want it. If you don't, then don't. But if you waffle, if you can't commit, then you're going to look back on today and wonder why you made it so complicated, when it was always so simple. Not easy, no, but simple.

Meditate. Read. Journal. Paint pictures or model cars. Draw. Exercise. Turn off the TV, put down your phone, leave video games alone. Do things that force you to be with yourself. Stop running from your inner critic, because you already know that you can't get away; you've been trying for years now.

Listen to the voice you hear when you lie awake at night. It's trying to tell you something.

Good luck, OP.

If Im doing it effectively, should i see results 6 weeks in?

I'm going to create a complete retards guide to weight loss and fitness goddamnit.
I swear to god.

Would the steps not include what i listed im already doing? Honestly, tell me

Whats this? A HUMAN on Veeky Forums?

at your weight, moderate exercise and healthy eating within a reasonable calorie margin should give you fast results. not that you should think this will be easy, 200lbs is a lot of weight to drop, but you started so far out of normal body weight, if you eat and move like someone with a normal body weight, you should lose weight relatively quick

On the scale at your weight you should see results in a week if you're counting right and working out. I lost 5lbs my first week eating at 1800 calories a day. You should aim for 2lbs a week. Calculate tdee at sedentary.

Thank you all for a lucrative thread. I appreciate the responses. Im gonna try to make it!

SS fitness already exists and should honestly be the sticky.
>we have a sticky that says saturated fat is bad period.

>leave video games alone
are you telling me to kill myself? fuck you faggot

Here's a pro tip that a lot of people on this board won't tell you: you can just buy a scale at the store. You don't need to go to a doctor every time you want to weigh yourself. Then, you will have actual daily, quantitative data which you can use to measure your progress, without having to pay an arm and a leg for doctor's visits.

No. At almost 400lbs, you will lose weight FAST on a sub 1500 calorie cut. You might put on some muscle while you're losing fat, but if his weight is not going down some part of his story is not true. Of course, dummy forgot to weigh himself at the start, so it could be he's lost a lot of weight and just doesn't realize it.

30 min of cardio and lifting total?>?? That's not enough. I'm fast in the gym, but it takes a solid 30 min just to go through my lifts. I don't talk. I take little rest between sets.

You probably aren't burning enough calories , and you DAMN sure aren't eating 1500cal a day at your weight. NO FUCKING WAY. You would be starving dude. You aren't counting literally every little thing you eat and drink, for sure. Every little piece of cheese. Every slice of bread. Every coke. Every french fry. No way.

I just spent two seconds on Google and found a scale that goes up to 400lbs for 40 dollars. You have to try at least a little bit amigo.

I dropped around 7kg of water weight in the first week and noticed my clothes a little looser and everyone notices the weight loss (especially around the jawline) almost instantly.

My last round of keto at the start of this year was probably my best, went from 106kg to around 90kg in 3 months.

Are you 100% you're doing keto right? and have you worked out your calories right? If you're iffy about it you should go buy some ketostix.

He's burning 3500 calories just by existing. Whether he burns 100 or 400 more on the elliptical is way less important than whether he's actually eating a low calorie count.

It's hard to see or feel results at your weight. Say you lost 10lbs, that's approximately 2.5% of your total weight, that's not going to look or feel like a huge difference. You have a baseline now, 388lbs. Buy a scale, weigh yourself naked first thing in the morning so you get a consistent measurement, see if the number starts going down. If it does, you're golden. Easy peasy.

...which is why he mentions he cant be calculating his food correctly.

OP here. I barely eat at all anymore. I fast untill dinner. Ive been NEET for 2 years and live with mom. she makes low carb dinner every night. I do eat some sugar free candy after dinner, but i always stop with the one serving.

>I'm not eating
>I'm gaining weight

Exercise is honestly a shit way to lose weight. Compare the enormous amount of effort that it takes to burn away 1000 calories in the gym to the zero amount of effort that it takes to not eat 1000 calories. It's just a no brainer, dieting is the superior choice. Not that I don't think you should exercise, because exercise is great and has a lot of positive effects, it's just that the primary goal shouldn't be to burn calories.

How are you tracking calories?

I think a lot of you missed the part where OP said that he didn't actually know if he was losing weight or not, because he had no idea where he started.

Also I eat a fraction of what i used to eat for dinner and its always minimal carb. I will admit i dont write down my calories, but wtf could i be eating that exceeds 1500 cal in 1 meal? Honestly, im asking

I'm the poster saying I was 150kg, I too turned NEET neckbeard and moved back in with my parents for 2-3 years where I blew up to that size.

You're on to a good thing with keto, takes a while to get right but once you do you'll drop the weight. Also starving yourself isn't the best idea, I got my best results when I was eating 4-5 meals a day.

Here's a before and after facepic.

A jar of peanut butter in your sleep. 4k calories right there.
Stop making excuses. You're not breaking the laws of physics.

You aren't eating correctly nor counting right.

>I will admit i dont write down my calories
Guarantee 100% this is why you will never make it

> I do eat some sugar free candy after dinner, but i always stop with the one serving.

You know that "sugar free" just means they replaced the sugar with fat right? Also wtf is "one serving"?

> I fast until Dinner

Never a good idea. Starving yourself just means that when you do eat, your body will be desperately trying to shovel food in when it can and your body will want bigger portions and choose to more than less every time.

If you want to lose weight you have to make it sustainable dude, eat meals a day, even if breakfast is two pieces of toast or fruit. Also allow yourself a fruit snack before lunch and before dinner WHILE CALCULATING THE CALORIES FOR ALL OF THESE.

>one serving

most likely a bag

Why are you asking us dude? We dont know what you eat and we dont NEED to know, download a calorie counting app on your phone and take the fucking time to calclate it instead of half assing it like you are now.

choose to eat more rather than less*

eat 3 meals a day*

It's candy retard, not yogurt. They replace the sugar with aspartame or some other artificial sweetener, most sugar free candy literally has zero calories.

Are you weighing yourself? You said you went to the doctor and discovered you were 388 lbs, don't you have a scale? Also count your calories better, count everything

I can easily pound down 2k+ calories in one meal, especially if I haven't eaten all day, and I'm nowhere near your size. Just take the 5 minutes to actually see if you're eating the amount you think you are.

I can assure you i havent had any peanut butter since ive stated. I eat just plain chicken most days. Eggs some days. Low carb tacos, tuna salad, pork, steak.

when you weigh 400 pounds, a 20 pound loss is not really noticeable

dumb thread, i saged

I also get in some spinach, zucchini, califlower as well

He also said his clothes fit the exact same. And I still maintain he isn't eating that little. That's WAY too low for someone his size.

An entire package of chicken or what? Start counting calories tubby. You won't make it otherwise.
And by make it I mean to your 40th birthday alive.

>lrn to both
It's a good way to burn calories ON TOP of eating less. You can only cut your calories so much.

Literally said he ALSO isn't counting calories right.

I do both. I exercise to be strong, fast, and muscular, I eat correctly to control my weight and be healthy. I'm just saying that if your primary goal is to lose weight, your best tool is dieting. Eating more calories just to burn them off in the gym is a stupid way to lose weight.
>You can only cut your calories so much
Not really. You can always lose more weight by cutting more calories, the only hard limit is death by starvation, which you are nowhere near at 1500cal a day and 383 pounds.

Read both Protein Sparring modified fast and Flexible dieting.

>Protein sparring
I am intrigued. Are we talking two proteins sparring with eachother, or are you sparring with protein? Are there weapons involved, or is it just hand to amino combat?

When you wear XXXXL shirts, 5-10lbs doesn't really make much of a difference.

OP here. Anyone have any suggestions on meals under 1500 cal? I will obviously do my own research as well, but wanted to see if any of you cooler headed folks could point me in a direction.

>hand to amino combat
XDDDDDDDDDDDD

>try

Lol that quote ran through my head as i typed that!

Dude honestly if you just eat a lot of meat and veggies without drowning them in sauce/dressing you're golden.
1lb chicken thigh (I find breasts disgusting, no homo): 1000 calories
1 stalk broccoli: 200 calories
1 avocado: 300 calories
Easy peasy.
Seasonings to avoid: ketchup, ranch, butter, sour cream, basically any liquid or viscous solid.
Seasonings you can use to your hearts content: salt (within reason), black pepper, garlic powder, crushed red pepper, basically any dry powder.

OP again. Id like to reach a consensus. Is keto full-meme?

So as for the dry chicken, i just tough it out? Just wondering because all keto sources swear by butter. Im not opposed to trying your suggestion though

Idk about full meme. Regardless of any other effects it might have, it's definitely much harder to overeat without being allowed to eat carbs. But definitely not as great as some people think it is. I'd say 50-50 meme to srz ratio.

my uncle lost 37 lbs in 3 months on it and keeps talking about how amazing he feels.

That's why I suggested thighs. Chicken breast on it's own is dry and disgusting. Thighs are fatty and tender. Little salt, pepper, and garlic, cook em up in the oven, then eat em with avocado slices, it's a tasty ass meal.

Also, to be clear, I'm not saying eat this every night. It's just one suggestion, there are infinite possibilities for a decently healthy meal under 1500 calories. You can add things like butter if you want, just use in moderation and don't forget to count them as part of the meal. That's the good thing about dry seasonings, they've got a negligible amount of calories so you don't have to worry about how much you use, it's free flavor.

I watched my mom drop 70 lbs on strictly keto diet. Thats why im confused as to why it seems half of Veeky Forums says high fat is the devil.

I'd say at least 90% of Veeky Forums doesn't know shit about nurtition, and probably 99% doesn't have a solid enough knowledge base to be giving advice.

>Listen to the voice you hear when you lie awake at night. It's trying to tell you something.
Wasnt ready for this kind of feels

My thoughts exactly. That post was a doozy

dude, i literally just cut on keto for 2 and a half weeks and i lost 18lbs, there's water weight, muscle, and fat in there i know but still my point is that if you follow the diet, the results will show on the scale.

Even if you have an overactive thyroid or some shit like that (which you probably dont), you wouldn't have any problems as long as you stuck to your diet, so from fatty to fatty, you are doing something wrong

Won't read the thread.

Just post body.

S
T

BODY
O
D
Y

This is true. This man is trying to save your life.

this, op

what are you eating every day?
post examples?
Are you still drinking soda?
Cut all sweet drinks, no sugar even in coffee.

Why would it get easier.
You are way past the threshold for a healthy body and weight.
You wont notice anything fitness wise till maybe 260

If you're curious why everyone here is super hostile about this thread it's because fatties come here and post all the time saying "I've gained weight even though I'm counting calories :(("

Everyone is just used to this kind of thread. But honestly use a TDEE calculator. It'll tell you that you can start of eating around 2,500 calories a day. Fuck lifting you just need pure cardio Right now. Get on a workout bike and watch some YouTube videos. Any amount of biking is better than nothing. 70% of your weight loss is going to come from your dietx, 30% from exercise. Just focus on your TDEE and what it tells you to cut with and you'll start losing lots of weight. And take a lot of pictures during this whole thing for something to look back on when you're around 200 pounds. good luck bro.

>keto
>undereating
>30 minutes of cardio AND lifting

looks good on paper to a normie.

Not to anyone with a fitness standard

>90% of your weight loss is going to come from your dietx, 10% from exercise
ftfy

Yeah basically. Back a while ago when I needed to cut hard to get to a healthy BMI i did a lot of cardio, it really helped.

>1500 cal
(trying with all my might not to get triggered over OP confusing metric prefixes)
Dude, I'm almost 100% sure you've never even seen a 1500 kcal/day diet. There's no way you wouldn't be starving on something like that. If you did, you would complain about it already in here.