Can we all agree that squats are overrated as fuck? Like why would there be programs built around a squat, just baka...

Can we all agree that squats are overrated as fuck? Like why would there be programs built around a squat, just baka. Deadlifts are superior in every way and provide better athletic/real world benefits.

Deadlift:
+ true test of a man's strength/alpha as fuck
+ gain well built forearms, back, and strong but not overly large legs
+ promotes good posture and if done with proper form and weight strengthens the body against injuries
- often promotes ego lifting

Squats:
+ better for leg mass
- easy to go t Rex mode
- if you are tall or not built for squats, welcome to snap city, 1 way ticket

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Av3LO2GwpAk
youtu.be/vX04g9X-MAQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Wow it's like you can't do them both in a routine :^) fancy that

>Mfw when they work all the same muscles

>same muscles
> forearms and traps

And while they do work similar muscles, the WAY they work those muscles is the difference. Deadlifts rely more on back strength, meaning a strong back and pretty much guarantees no trex mode. Squats are only superior if you like big, unathletic legs. The vast majority of aesthetic guys/sports players don't have those characteristic huge thighs

There are far more effective exercises than squat, unless you are a competitive powerlifter there's no point

>easy to go t Rex mode

If that's true i wouldn't have dyel legs squatting 180kg at 80

Stop making excuses and do the king of exercises. I feel like a nu male if I don't squat for a week.

The vast majority of athletes do squats, you pussy. Front squats, at that.

>A full body exercise that works almost everything
>Useless

Is this what bait tastes like? I love it

huh? deadlifts put a lot of sheer force on the lower back. Oh but they just use bad form user, no... it just happens eventually. Yeah look at my max, oh I sumo, oh really, tell me more about range of motion. Bbbb...b.. but my mix grip bicep tear.

Just use simple physics and common sense. Why not do 50 lifts instead of a deadlift? Practicality. Why are squats better than deads? you guessed it, practicality. Squats will move slightly less weight over twice the distance, and force the core to hold the weight that is abovee your shoulders throughout the lift. You will not find a better exercise that maximises the amount of work possibly achievable by the human body unless you are a paraplegic. Not to mention you are less likely to get injured compared to deads.

>Deadlifts are superior in every way and provide better athletic/real world benefits.

Said the fag who never played rugby.

Regardless, pic related

Front squats I respect, as they promote good posture and strength. My post did say "squats" but i was referring to barbell back squats, which i believe to be inferior

> brunette goddess vs blonde bimbo

Didn't claim it was useless, better to do squats than neither of the two. All im saying is that its inferior. I'm not saying squats are shit, they are just not as good as deadlifts for most people.

Deadlift + Front Squat is the ultimate pair:

Deadlift covers lifting things up.

Front Squats cover carrying a load.

Fuck back squats. They are only included in beginner programs because most new lifters lack the arm flexibility to front squat.

Conventional and sumo Deadlifts impact on cns is greater and you recover more slowly from them than squats.
Same with grip, you can overtrain your grip faster than lets say your quads or biceps.
Thats why bulgarian isnt good choice for regular deadlifts.

So said Eric. And i believe him because he pulls 700+ natty

Truth

listen you fucking faggot

squats are not better than deadlifts, deadlifts are not better than squats

depending on individual anthropometry (segment lengths) which are VERY VARIABLE in humans either one can be very effective, or relatively in effective

short femurs, long torso? expect your deadlift to be a nightmare to progress on, and a higher risk of injury

long femurs, short torso? expect your squat to be a nightmare to progress on, and a higher risk of injury

the effectiveness of either of these lifts for YOU is determined by YOUR body

so if for whatever reason you can only do squats or deadlifts, pick the one you're good at and progress on with more consistency

no arguments against this?

everything you posted is garbage so it's not necessary to refute any of it

>less likely to injure yourself on squats

citation needed, i've seen many more people injure themselves on squat than deadlift due to the more technical nature of the lift

>twice the distance
what the fuck are you even talking about, it's nowhere near twice the ROM

also comparing range of motion on completely different lifts is retarded

all i see is some weak faggot with a shitty deadlift, discrediting deadlifts because he's a weak pussy and he sucks at them

don't you ever let me catch you posting on Veeky Forums again

you can squat more often than deadlift. which is why its usefull for the deadlift.
Ttheres not many exercises that you can load up as heavy as the squat and deadlift. so its Difficult to find sustitutions for those exercises.

Deadlifts only put a lot of shear force on your back if your back is moving during the lift. The same applies to the squat

it's not that easy to go t rex mode, you guys are delusional, also squats promote good posture too and if done with proper form and weight strengthens the body against injuries. the same fucking thing the deadlift does. you compared the two in an unfair way.

asks for citation, then gives anecdotal evidence of the contrary. ok baus.

tell me, out of all of the people you have talked to about bad lower backs (really, a huge proportion of people have some sort of partial bulge) and ask them how it manifested, and what aggravates it. You want a citation for common sense and something so broadly known? why don't you read up on biomechanics and pioneers in this area such as stuart mcgil you dumb fuck.

comparing ROM on different lifts is retarded? heard of a thing called evolution? see our bodies have adapted to move around the environment and the idea is that our biggest movers will give us the most effective physiological response, hence, why we don't bother with 900kg calf raises and instead it's better to go for the lift that provides the most work possible. You are saying which is better, by your logic, calf raises are better, by your logic, sumo's are better than conventional, and by your logic 2 inch rack pulls are better than sumos. I think you fail to grasp the fundamental idea of resistance training, evolution, and biomechaics so I am not all that upset that some user is posting and just says "oh that's retarded."

My dead is my best lift, but it's a cuck lift, I am sorry your sumo knee-wobbled rounded as fuck mixed gripped with strapps RDL from the rack max is not in contention anymore. You are a cuck, you don't know anything about biomechanics and your arguments are literally calling the other person retarded. goodday sir.

Most healthy people who doesnt have back pain have a problem with their spine. 30% of 20 year olds have disc degeneration and another 30% have disc bulging. without any pain at all.

The reason people get pain fro lifting is usually shitty form. Its not about the lift. And peole fuck their back ups on squats just as much as deadlifts.

but with squats people also sometimes get kneepain. and stop taking his point and push it to the extreme, you argue like a retard who got a hard-on for squats.
The only reason why squats are thought of being slightly better is because you can do them more frequent than deadlifts.

the question is, what's better, squats or deadlifts?

relative to a person squatting or deadlift, the dead is more likely to lead to injury. I can't believe it has to be argued, can you understand the mechanics on the back when a load is being hoisted from the ground? Ok let's pretend that shearing force occurs as little as a good low bar squat. You're lifting less weight, over a much greater distance - you're lifting less weight... less weight. So the load is reduced, and now tell me does addinng more weight cause injuries? ok, there you go.

hard on for squats? deadlifts have their place, and as most research agrees, volume is the major contributor to growth, which you can't do a great deal of with deadlifts, relatively to the squat. even if squats are only 1% better than deads, they are still better. You have only tried to shoot down arguments to make both lifts comparable and have not given me any credible advantage as to why deadlifts are better.

post that strong deadlift you big cuck

because unless you pull 500 you don't know shit

lol I was pulling 500 before my first herniation 3 years ago cuck. I have done my masters in exercise physiology?

You just say deads is more likely to lead to injury without any source at all.

When it comes to injuries in the deadlift people tend to get back pain or bicep tears.

With squats people get back- knee-, shoulder-, elbow- and groin pain.

Because of the bigger ROM and bar placement on the back you are more likely to get problems with the squat.

>shearing force
shear forces doesnt matter if you manage to keep your back neutral during the lift. Its way easier to keep the lower back in the deadlift in correct position than in the squat. As squats require more flexibility when you get to the bottom of it, and most people go too deep and rounding their backs a bit when they get tired.
Beginners also often do the buttwink. Which reate way more shear force than any exercise.

>You're lifting less weight, over a much greater distance
Many people can squat more than what they deadlift. And how long the ROM is depends on proportions of the body. people with short femurs have short squat ROM and longer deadlift ROM.

The reason why i shoot down your arguments is because theyre false. Or based on flawed ideas

The squat is better when it comes to getting volume for the legs, but the deadlift is better for lower back and upper body development.

What exercises are better depends on what you are going to do.

god damn it, this user knows. stop generalizing you fucking autists.
doing deadlifts with a trap bar works very similar to a squat. dont look at them like exercises, but as basic movements. the only difference is the center of mass (on the ground/on your back)

youtube.com/watch?v=Av3LO2GwpAk

for your first 3 points, besides the previously mentioned mcgil, if you just look at biomechanics (it's seriously a fascinating field as you can actually get some concise conclusions due to newtonian physics n all that), you will see that there is a much greater moment arm for deads, not to mention the weight is greater. it is like you're arguing that 3kg is heavier than 5kg, you cannot out argue math.

when we talk about squat, we're not talking front, high bar buttwink shit. Bottom of femur to top of pattella is an operational squat, you cannot push an argument because some idiots like to buttwink or do other eccentricities that bastardise the lift.

Many people squat more than they dead? are you high? a trained individual that does not have atypical morphology will always deadlift more than they squat. Will someone fresh off the boat and never set foot in a gym be able to? it depends, are they a cyclist? bad back? runner? this is highly contextual and so saying that "many" as if it's a significant amount of trained people is just more reaching.

again to the morphology argument, yes, leg lengths are going to dictate absolute squat ROM but is it ever going to shorter than a dead? never. The squat is just better, it's better for overall work output, it's safer, it can be done more frequently and therefore has the best strength adaptations.

are deads good for grip? possibly, do you double overhand your 5rm? if so then it must be a shitty 5rm. the dead is for hamstrings, glutes, abs, and erectors. If you want any of that other shit go for chinups. Not saying the dead is shit, it's just not as good as squats.

Probably cuz u are one

Fuck all you faggot. Leg press = top tier

>argues about diddly
>posts a dude doing C&J

Name one that is as effective as squat. I only Squat and deadlift.
Post your legs.
I have a feeling you're extremely dyel because you don't seem to know anything about lifting.

waste of time.

Why is that guy's form so shit? This is how you deadlift: youtu.be/vX04g9X-MAQ

>Spanish Nyquil commercial

>I only Squat and deadlift
>that chest
I can tell.

Figured this a while ago.

Deadlifts + running > deadlifts + squat

If you're going to do a squat, so the front squat

Squats are beneficial to running, actually very beneficial.

Deads can drive your running as well. Depends on posture.

Underrated post. I was thinking the same. Just shows how clueless and new OP is.

I saved a picture of you when you were cut as an example of what most people can achieve before hopping on juice
just letting you know, and no homo ofc

The only reason Veeky Forums likes deads more, is because everyone can e stat way more crazy numbers on their deadlift rather than squats, also, you don't get t rex legs doing squats, this is only true if you squat like gazillion times a week, look at oly atletes, they squat shit ton yet they are not t rex mode

I have some back problems which i think lead to hip issues. Recently did ss up to 290lbs squat and had some form issue/pain so i deloaded.
Already have big thighs but I'm thinking of not pushing my squat past eventual 3 pl8 just because i don't know if I want to risk causing more back pain to myself or potential injury.
I love deadlifting though.

Front Squats+RDLs>>>>>>>everything else

You faggots can't prove me wrong

> "fit likes deads more"

I can smell the new. Fit is obsessed with the barbell back squat

agree with rom. strongly disagree with injury memes.

squat is a real compound exercise that engages leg and hip muscles in full range of motion, deadlift is just a hip hinge that works your upper body in a static hold.

None has said it yet but squats are integral for maximising explosivity in athletes.

Vertical jumping as a good example.

>Deadlifts rely more on back strength
If you want to be safe and keep a straight back, no they don't.

Deadlifts have a bit higher thoracic spinal extension demands, while squats have slightly higher lumbar spinal extension demands.
Overall, there's not a significant difference.

Squats and deadlifts are very similar.

so you've never seen cycling, any form of football, speed skating, sprinting etc...

rippetoe pls go

Hi you fucking cunt you obviously haven't done deadlifts much

>Traps

Just no

Wow someone on here actually gets it

My squat is 405 and my deadlift is 455

For most people it's like that, but not always

Are you fucking retarded?

Is this b8 or is this your first three months in the gym? Inquiring minds demand to know.

Low bar squats are overrated.

Only reason to do them is if you compete in powerlifting.

Otherwise front squats, high bar squats, even safety bar squats have better carry over to bodybuilding, strongman, Oly lifting

>+ true test of a man's strength/alpha as fuck
Yeah no. Having a couple hundred punds on your back, going down and getting that shit is a million times more alpha than simply picking something up and letting it down again. Stop excusing yourself you damn pussy.

Can you post it please

this

not
an
argument

>Can we all agree that squats are overrated as fuck?
Sounds retarded but I'll keep reading anyway.
>just baka
Wow, you managed to completely blow away my expectations of just how retarded you could get. Please remove yourself from the gene pool.

why do you have the legs of a dwarf