Okay, so I started the military diet. I know it's got some mixed reviews and it's like a fad diet...

Okay, so I started the military diet. I know it's got some mixed reviews and it's like a fad diet, but I've decided to try it. Today is my third day, and I've been extremely strict with it. I'm used to dieting though because I've done a ton, so eating few calories doesn't bother me too much. I also work out 6 days a week. I'm definitely not sedentary.

Anyway, if anyone has heard of this diet please respond. My question is, once you go off the 3 days of planned meals, what can I eat for the other 4 days? I've researched and read that you can really eat anything as long as it's 1,500 calories or lower. The military diet also makes some suggestions of different meals you can eat during the 4 days off. I don't like some of the foods they offer, but I'm open to anything. I'm not too picky.

Also, can I eat steamed blue crabs on the 4 days off? Before I decided to go on this diet, I would eat a half dozen of medium sized or large blue crabs. Crabs are really healthy and high in protein, and I was trying to see if eating crabs would be okay. I eat them plain. I just love eating seafood.

So if anyone can help me, just let me know. Thanks guys.

Other urls found in this thread:

livestrong.com/article/192883-military-diets-army-diet/
liamrosen.com/fitness.html#part3
liamrosen.com/fitness.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

If this isn't shitty super high sodium food twice a day and then hard liquor Red Bull and tabacco products it needs it's name changed. And this is from a person who hates that they live/lived like that

dude, how much did you lose?

Already lost 6 pounds.

Kek, the name actually has nothing to do with the diet.

Bump. Need some answers please.

I just looked it up and wow what a stupid fucking diet

Yes crab is fine. Better than eating toast every fucking day lmao

And ice cream too wtf

Who the fuck came up with it and are people really that retarded about nutrition to think it's a good idea?

Like I said, I'm just trying it out. The ice cream is there so that you get some fat in your diet because everyday you cut out more calories. I've asked a few personal trainers at my gym. Each one gave me different opinions.

If this diet doesn't work, I'll try something different. But I have lost weight so far, so I'm just seeing if it will continue that way. I eat pretty healthy anyway though. I also diet and exercise a lot.

And thank about the crabs. I like eating seafood, especially fish because of the Omega 3 fatty acids.

I meant, thank you about the crabs.

Sorry my autocorrect is fucked up.

>The ice cream is there so that you get some fat in your diet because everyday you cut out more calories.

Wow.

>1,500 calories or lower
>Military diet

livestrong.com/article/192883-military-diets-army-diet/

don't do this to yourself, don't fool yourself, don't "take days off". Eat at a caloric deficit and keep yourself SATIATED to the point of not being HUNGRY all day. Eat when you are HUNGRY to the point where you are SATIATED, then fill up with water and if you can afford to supplements.

To anyone willing to do a science experiment for me, I would advise you to stock up on pemmican and see if you can overeat it alongside 3 low-cal or daily total calorie on a cut meals. Shit sits like a rock and is hard to get through, but its nutritious and gives you the basic sustenance you need for weight loss but solid body gains (aka workout 3-5 times a week).

I'm not asking to be criticized. Maybe you're just projecting your own problems on me. I'm asking for advice.

If you're so smart and perfect with dieting, why don't you give me some suggestions? That's what I want. I do tons of diets. I'm very strict with food. Maybe you can suggest some to me?

>I'm not asking to be criticized.

Yet here we are.

Most personal trainers are single-cert dipshits with no nutrition knowledge that isn't outdated broscience horseshit homie. Fuck most of the ones I've seen barely know any workouts that aren't meme-magazine-routines

Okay, here's some advice. Educate yourself about what makes a good diet. Start by reading this: liamrosen.com/fitness.html#part3

You can not "really eat anything as long as it's 1,500 calories or lower." You don't take days off, or cycles, or whatever you think you're doing.

If you need more fat in your diet, eat nuts, not ice cream. Are you serious about eating something that's mostly water and sugar and convincing yourself that you're doing it because you need more fat?

80% chance OP is a buzzfeed-tier grill approaching beetus

>I do tons of diets. I'm very strict with food.

And yet you're fat

Set diets are bullshit. Your body recognizes food by only these three things: protein, fat, and carbs. Calories only come from those three things.

How to diet: keep calories low and protein high. This means you have to either lower fat or carbs or both.

Ice cream is high in carbs and fat and low in protein. It is the exact opposite of what you eat when you're losing weight

Crab on the other hand is high in protein and low in carbs and fat

Kek, I wouldn't say I'm fat, I just gained about 10 pounds from the holidays and cold weather comfort food lol. So I'm 130lbs and I'm 5'1". I would like to lose about 10-15 pounds. I'm overweight for my height though.

Honestly, I don't think you're the most reliable person to listen to. Some of what you're saying makes sense. But I don't really trust everything you are saying. I think you're also trying to make me feel like shit lol.

Just dropping in to call you a retard, regardless of whether you're trolling or not.

This is me:
Anonymity makes things difficult sometimes

I don't give a damn what you do. It's your body. If you don't believe me just google "macronutrients"

Calm down little baby.

I'll look it up.

Called it

>So I'm 130lbs and I'm 5'1".

We all got trolled. Nice one, m8. I'm using this in the future.

To elaborate more: if you burn more calories than you consume, you will lose weight. That's just the first law of thermodynamics.

So if you're eating very few calories every day, you lose weight regardless of where those calories come from.

BUT muscle retention is contingent on sufficient protein intake. So if you're not eating enough protein, you lose muscle. You still lose weight, but the weight comes from muscle as well as fat.

To lose weight: calories out > calories in. Your body burns fat (and muscle) to make up the difference. A pound of body fat has about 3500 calories.

So how long would you work out at the gym? I work out about 1-2 hours, maybe 3, but that's usually rare.

liamrosen.com/fitness.html

When you say "work out" you mean you jog for a bit then do precisely 7 reps on the curl machine right?

Exercising is a bad way to lose weight because it burns very few calories. Running a mile burns about 100 which is equal to a small slice of bread

I'm not in the gym for very long. I'll do maybe three heavy sets of whatever compound lift or lifts I feel like and that's it

No. I usually jog for a while and do other workouts. I don't know why you're so angry.

And all the running has given me shin splints.

I also do pilates. That's a great workout. I've been doing pilates for a while. I love it.

Because you're a girl and the guys here are virgins

>military diet

You're eating salty MRE's and a line cook's smegma shavings?

Kek, yeah, I'm used to all the shit posting and insults. I knew the consequences right when I decided to post this.

Precisely.

I'm not angry, that's just what I used to think constituted a workout. It's also what my friend does, then she wonders why I've got biceps while she's barely progressed at all.
Diet and fitness is notoriously hard to pass on knowledge about because people batten down the fatlogic hatches when presented with the truth that dieting is a meme and you need to change your lifestyle. Your proposed military diet is shit because it's arbitrarily restrictive and because as soon as you go off it you will gain the weight back. To lose weight permanently you need to make a permanent dietary change. The military diet is simply not feasible as a permanent diet, hence why it sucks. That's the truth, but if it's not what you want to hear, you won't believe it.

Like I said, originally, it's not that I don't want to hear it, but I've did research and read that already. People say "sure you'll lose weight on it, but then you'll gain it back because you won't know what to eat after that." Things like that, and because it's restrictive, but I would like to know if anyone has actually tried this diet, or a different diet that was successfully for them because I have tried tons of different diets. And I'm mentally exhausted from all of them and counting calories. I'm mad at myself for gaining 10 pounds.

I'm not a huge landwhale. Just 10 pounds overweight. I'm scared of being obese and that's why I'm obsessed with dieting and working out.

anyone who isn't fit is fat desu

Being 5'1" is going to be hell on you. A lot of meals are greater than your daily intake requirements. Rather than follow some meme diet, you'd be better of learning about nutrition and portion size. Learn how your body reacts to certain foods throughout the day. For instance, if I eat breakfast I need a high protein breakfast, eggs and sausage and shit, otherwise I'm crashing mid morning but I actually do better without breakfast. On the other hand I have a friend who needs a high carb breakfast every morning, I'm talking straight kids cereal, otherwise he's toast before noon. We all react on different ways. Learn how your body does. And btw, its winter, you can go hardcore cut for Lent.

You want the real super sekrit to losing weight? Personal trainers will hate me for telling you this.....

Ready?
If you expend more calories than you consume you'll lose weight.

I'm not trying to be a dick when I say you'll gain the weight back, I'm actually not even predicting anything, I know for a fact you will, because your current diet is the reason you weigh what you do. If you change your diet and lose weight, then change back to how you normally eat, you will also go back to how much you normally weigh. That's why you have to permanently change your diet if you want to permanently lose weight. That's why yo yo dieting happens and why fat activists always trot out the "95% of diets fail" stat. That's not true - what's true is that 95% of people fail at dieting, because they see it as temporary, go super strict for a few months, lose the weight, then they're happy and go back to how they always ate, and wonder why they go back to how they always looked. That's why "dieting" is a meme. You can't think of it in that way. It has to be permanent sustainable changes to your diet/lifestyle. Not fads, not 2 slices of toast, not 1 scoop of ice cream. It's actually quite liberating because it's so much less restrictive. The choice is up to you - you eat whatever works for you, as long as you stay under your calories and consume enough protein.

Also, with this approach you don't need to be scared of being obese or obsessed with dieting. If you gain weight you know exactly how and where it came from. It's much more empowering than sticking to a diet because the diet said so. It's like the difference between applying a formula in math class and hoping you get the right answer, versus understanding which formula to use and why.
I highly recommend you read the sticky at this point.

I know you're not being a dick, I understand. Thank you for the advice, it's just been so exhausting, especially since it's only 10 pounds to lose.

nuclear grade autism

It will be more exhausting to do a super taxing restrictive diet and then gain the weight back anyway.