I know nothing about Georgia the country. Is it important historically?

I know nothing about Georgia the country. Is it important historically?

Other urls found in this thread:

cam.ac.uk/research/news/fourth-strand-of-european-ancestry-originated-with-hunter-gatherers-isolated-by-ice-age
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

One of the first Christian nations I guess. So kind of but less so in terms of actually influencing the region.

its a side character in history

Stalin included in the previous couple Civ games actually came from there in the same way Alexander came from Macedon in spite of leading Greece.

so insignificant that most of the world (no, not just americans) will assume you're talking about the state when you bring it up

>Catherine De Medici - France
>not Richelieu

>Saladin
>Arabia
>Kurd
>Arabia

They're really grasping at straws for a few of these, aren't they?

Also
>bonus to declaring war
>gain culture by murder
>bonus when converted

Now, I haven't played Civ 6, but how the fuck do these work? The other bonuses seem to make sense.

>not so important

or Napoleon coming from Italy in spite of leading France

Civ is not a historical simulation game, its an alt-hist fantasy game.

Nah its pretty realistic

>(no, not just americans)
la novo mondialo...

>Saladin hailed from the Rawadid tribe
>Originally of Arab descent, the Rawadids ruled Tabriz and northeastern Azerbaijan in the late 8th and early 9th centuries.[1]

Why is Gilgamesh a nigger?

I feel like this picture would be better if you just took the 2 dudes sticking their sticks into their bum and put the 2 countrys flags over it.

anything achieved was thanks to armenians

>30% of ALL European DNA is Georgian
I suppose that was the Armenians too, eh?

>30% of ALL European DNA is Georgian

cam.ac.uk/research/news/fourth-strand-of-european-ancestry-originated-with-hunter-gatherers-isolated-by-ice-age

I knew Georgia was a country long before it was a state. Though we call it Georgiƫ, whereas the state has the original name in English, making them easier to distinguish.

Who will the last 3 civs be?
My guesses are the zulus under Shaka, the Incas under Pachacuti and Byzantium under Basil II.

Zulu seems likely. I'd like to see the Creek but that won't happen because they already did the Cree.

Kongo gets a bunch of bonuses to everything if you convert them to your religion. Gorgo's Greece gains culture whenever you kill an enemy unit (including barbarians). And a few civs gain immediate bonuses when they declare certain types of war.

Gorgo's ability is fucking awesome, you get 50% of the enemy units strength in bonus culture, you blaze thru those early civics like no-one else.

la atrocidad...

>LOOK AT THESE GREAT VICTORIES GUYS!
>Still got TURKED.
Its like Georgia is a misplaced Balkan country or something.

>"hey guys let's go for some less well known/previously unused leaders this time"
>Theodore Roosevelt, Peter the Great, Barbarossa, Philip II, Trajan. So far so good.
>Montezuma, Gandhi and Genghis Khan are back
Fuck Civ 6.

California SJWs have a weird anxiety about acknowledging the existence of minorities in Arab places, be they Kurds, Berbers, Assyrians, Indians, Persians... That's why Google tried really hard to rename the Persian Gulf to the Arab Gulf on their stuff.

Maybe even Jews too.

They don't want to piss off the rich Gulf Arab elites

sumerians are brown.

I though Persians make up 50% of iran's population?

>Still no Portugal

Lisbon is a city-state in the game.
Why are you all so concerned about a strategy game for kids and young adults? Past Civ IV the series doesn't even pretend to have a focus on historical accuracy and relevance.

Can't imagine Georgians will complain too much about Tamar being used, she's apparently one of their most celebrated rulers.

I know Georgia is a thing because Stalin was from there, and that's about it.

I think he's supposed to look Persian.

Zulu always get in eventually, it took a while with V

Montezuma I don't blame them. If you're adding Aztecs, who the fuck else are you going to use?

Was Corsica not owned by France then? I know it exchanged hands but I didn't think it was Italian in his time

That's not related to the subject

The literally who of Asia

Napoleon was a French citizen, he was Italian by blood. Different circumstances.

>Gilgamesh
>Persian

Well his kingdom was in modern day Iraq so, close enough?

It joined France like a year before he was born

who is hojo tokimune?
I've always thought the most famous japanese historic figure was nobunaga

>classical Macedon
>not Greek

Led the Japanese against the Mongols and was the one who spread Zen Buddhism in Japan.

It was annexed by France not long ago, and in fact Napoleon disliked French culture during his youth, until the realization, and acceptance of French innovative thoughts

I though Tomirys was just a myth character invented by Herodotus

This, though if Cuahtemoc didn't run like a pussy and instead died in battle I would nominate him as a good choice though.

Maybe? I mean Gilgamesh is in the game, and the trailer straight up admits that we're not 100% sure if he actually existed.

She was, but considering the other civs with female rulers who are literal whos in comparison to other male rulers, it's pretty obvious why she was made into a leader in civ.

Plus even if her existence is a lie, according to Herodotus she was in charge during the one time the Scythians actually did something of note.

you mean lose a third of her army to alcohol and her son in the same stroke?

I meant killing Cyrus

Other than Wilhemina which I think was a really weak choice, I honestly like all of the chosen civs/leaders for Rise and Fall. I especially want to play as Chandgragupta, because I'd like to play as India when it's not Gandhi.

What did he do of note in history?

Unified the majority of the Indian subcontinent pretty much right after Alexander's war there. Which is an amazing feat as India is huge.

>Army gets dumpstered by Cyrus the Great
>Somehow not only rallys despite losing their general and a massive portion of their best forces, but then goes on to not only defeat cyrus, but kill him, identify his body, and bring it before tomrys so she can behead him herself.

I'm more inclined to believe the epic of gilgamesh desu..

>Who on earth would rather play spain as philip 2nd when you could play as this handsome son of a gun.

Honestly I'm too used to Isabella representing Spain at this point.

No

Not classical greece

>Lisbon is a city-state in the game
Doesn't mean they can't or won't add Poortugal, there was another civ represented by a city state, and hen they released them as a full civ, they renamed the city state.

>Cyrus, King of Persia
>bonus to Sneak Attacks

>the first Persian conquest beyond Median borders was Sardis, a siege they lay after following the Lydians back accross the Red River after THEIR surprise attack

What the fuck Firaxis

Corsica was part of France in his time and remains so to this day. In his youth Napoleon was a corsican nationalist but as he grew up he realized that it was best with France. This was doubly true after his childhood nationalist idol Pasquale Paoli was content to become an English lapdog and side with the reactionary powers against liberty

Yeah I mean Seoul is currently a city-state but Korea is coming