>no spotter
>dropped 225 on my face

your fault for being a weak fuck and not ready

>benching over your face and not towards your feet
im lmaoing at ur life

>not benching with your feet
never gonna make it

YFW you fall for suicide grip meme

I bench 225 all the time. I failed the last rep. Never happened before.

>current year
>not doing incline bench

>not using dumbbells when no spotter

Gg you dumbbell.

>not benching in an alternate dimension

do any of you even lift?

But did you die?!

you failed the last rep by dropping it on your face? can you draw this in ms paint, I want to savour your retardation

>not using dumbbells all the time

>not knowing the roll of shame or plate dumping technique.

It was a slow drop. Like oh shit, not gonna make it. Tried to get it on the bottom rung of the rack. Got it on the right side. Missed the left and lost it on to my face.

oh well that's just normal bullshit, did you just duck out after getting conked

Some good dudes ran over and pulled it up.

>mfw people stare when you do 125lb dumbbells

>not benching your way through the 4th dimension, effectively turning back time
If the 3rd dimension can connect two spots in the 2nd, then 4th (time) can do so for the 3rd. Wake up user. Open your eye.

lol my gym fell for that meme so hard when they reset the gym they make 3/4 of the benches inclined by default because im like the only guy that seems to do regular bench press nowadays

Fucking kek. Well done, well done.

I do user, because thats the only thing I have.

Hell I don't even have a bench so i'm doing floor presses and doing one handed rows off my couch.

How bad was the damage? Post pics

why not just do the roll of shame?

Can she drop her ass on my face?

>100lb Dumbbells on an old bench
>6th rep lightweight ez
>top of rep the bench breaks
>nut underneath comes off and destabilizes bench
>lose concentration
>both Dumbbells coming at my face as I become unstable
>last second aversion using my shoulder strength
>contort arms to keep weight from obliterating my face
>weights slam to the ground
>lay on the ground for 15 seconds
>adrenaline surging
>almost full gym and nobody even steps in my direction to ask if I'm alright
>go to another bench and continue chest workout with 90s cuz trembling as fuck

I almost died and no one even cared. Good times

>roll of shame

kek

Opposite store

>1.5pl8 incline
>bench collapses mid set
>slams into flat bench mode
>maintain control of bar and finish set on flat bench
>no one saw
>pretend they did

Story

>dumbass on barbell
>lifts off and it immediately becomes off balance.
>some skinny manlet was in the way
>hand gets crushed, a ton of blood squirts out
>he just sort of looks at his hand, wiggles his fingers and laughs

>If that were me I would have panicked and probably cried.

If this is true, you deserve the (you) for playing it off so smoothly.

>read a story
>"ok nice but what's the story?"

>benching without knowing how to roll of shame

>he can't do at least 6-8 reps of 225
The fuck are you doing, brother?

I'm homegym and it's literally impossible for the bar to hit my face. There are spotter pins that extend out to about my neck and they're just a bit higher than my face. I don't understand how my $75 Craigslist bench can be better than a professional gym's.

It's heavy bro

It's not a real bench press if you're not feeling the adrenaline rushing through from the thoughts of a possible iron decapitation

I just want to lift the weight and not worry about crushing myself if I fail.

Confirmed never going to make it

There was only one time I ever did bench without a spotter. My life was saved by one of the arab gym rats who happened to be watching me attempt to bench 200 lbs for the first time.

Shit was pretty scary

THE ULTIMATE SUPERSET

In high school, I watched a cocky cholo douche nozzle named Beany Rodriguez or something drop 315 right onto his teeth. Crushed his lower jaw, he was spitting up blood and chunks of teeth and the ambulance came. They had to cut an emergency tracheotomy hole in his throat so he could breath. I couldn't eat for a week because the thought of it made me gag, still does a little.

I stopped benching with a bar after that and stick to dumbbells and machines for chest.

My man tits are juicier and my teeth look better than ever, and toothless Beany Rodriguez or whatever his name was went to prison for murder a few years later.

>barbell bench press leads to breaking your face and breaking laws

bro you said it was all me

>all you
>spotter is rowing it

thanks dickhead

What's with all the horror stories.
I've failed on bench countless times and never had any sense of real danger:
- don't lift the barbell over your windpipe
- learn the roll of shame
there, now your autistic ass can go heavy without having to drop spaghettios while getting the courage for 10 mins to ask for a spot

this just push it to your legs

>be 175lbs 6'4 lanklet
>benching 165 lbs
>last rep of last set
>can't do it
>try to put bar back on safety rack
>put left side
>right side drops right toward my face
>manage to keep it 1cm from my face and call for help
>some guy drops the lat pulldown machine bar, weights slam so loud it sounds like a plane crashed
>runs up and helps me

Cool guy, always say hi to him.

Here's the video, the plates are osmium so they're super dense and way heavier than they look.

jesus fuck, that looks painful! Did you go get your skull checked?

Wait.

The osmium pl8s are not just a meme?

Had the same thing happen to me. Just don't try to rack it like that and do the roll of shame.

The 3rd dimension connects 3 spots in 2 2nds.

Why does the fourth dimension always have to be time? Why can't it just be a spatial dimension?

ofcourse
PROTIP: lighter osmium plates are in short stock, but you can use helium plates with heavier plates to make them lighter.

just bench with safeties... how hard is it

I saw a guy once doing incline db press and just before full extension the bench dropped. The dumbells switched sides as he dropped them (right hand db on his left side and vice versa)

LMFAO HE JUST TAKES IT, fuckin white kid white polo

The problem was I tried to get it back on the rack and missed.

There are no safeties on a bench.

This, the fear of death helps me lift

4th dimension is both user

open your fifth eye to see the truth that is kek

This is mostly what I'm afraid of. I work out late and no spotter so if I think there's even a little bit of a chance of me failing the rep I just leave it up. Not worth.

WHO THE FUCK IS THAT?!

So, this is why you only put bar back in rack when you're at full extension and locked out with arms. Same with taking out of rack. That curved path from chest over face to pins is a not going to make it path... Mechanically harder to lift it that way, and when you bail it goes into your head. By locking out first, worst case you drop on chest... Chance of dropping locked out bar is small.

>Why can't it just be a spatial dimension
It is
Time is the movement of matter through space
That's why space and time are interchangeable

how do you guys fucking bench that it would even be possible to drop the weight on your face, isn't unracking fucking impossible when that far down the bench?

also arch your back so youll protect your shoulders and can set safeties high enough that you can bail out anytime

Never go to re-rack unless you are locked out. Regardless of if you have a spotter or not.That bar should be over your face/neck for hardly millisecond.

Benchpress injuries are gruesome and more common than you think.

Had some guy drop 315 on his mouth a few months ago from almost max extension.
Broken jaw, cheekbone and 10 teeth. Fortunately his neck isnt fucked too bad.

More Veeky Forums injuries if anyone is interested.

>pullovers with 120lb db
>miscount reps, did like 14 on my last set of 12
>final rep
>oh shiiiiiiit
>db slowly drops onto my nose
>manage to hurl it off just before my nose pops

alice matos

>be me
>maxing 3pl8LMAO squat for first time
>ask trainer at gym for a spot, he's cool and he's working out at the moment
>trainer agrees
>hit depth
>NOT GONNA MAKE IT
>spotter just watching
>have to drop weight and it rolls down my back
>pain.jpg

DO THEY NOT TEACH TRAINER HOW TO FUCKING SPOT? REEEEEEE

I see the current trainer at my gym spotting front squat from behind...WTF...you're supposed to spot it from the front.

>two trainers doing front squats in their off hours
>spotting from behind
>Trainer drops weights very uncontrolled.
>continues to next set, spotting from the rear

Trainers doing 1/4 front squats and spotting from the rear...FUCK YOUUUU

What world am I living in?

You don't spot a front squat at all because you can just drop it forward whenever

>rep 4 out of 5
>struggling a bit but want to finish the 5th
Good thing there is a spotter to ensure I finish.

You can just finish the rep
Failing a front squat is fair dinkum, it's not like benching where you'll always try to leave a bit in the tank so you don't die

So what's your fucking point faggot? I'm crying about people spotting it incorrectly from the rear. You seem to think that it is unnecessary in all circumstances. That doesn't make them any less dumb for spotting from the rear or you any less of an autist for having to demonstrate your willingness to fail on a front squat...

Like this?

Trolling aside, it is if you look at it considering the existence of a fifth dimension. Kinda difficult to imagine but try. Time is a spatial dimension, but not to us tridimensional beings.

>mfw falling for the skull crusher meme

iktf

not op, but lightly bruised my philtrum and also my gums beneath there because they pushed hard against my teeth. Some dude pulled the bar off quickly.

>current year
>not benching with smith machine

Die in a car fire.

IT GOES IT GOES IT GOES

>guy dropped a 45 on his foot
>Guy unloaded too much weight on one side of bench The barbellwhapped the guy on the other side, broke his cheeckbone and clavicle
>Shoelace got stuck in treadmill, snapped that ankle up
> Guy fell backwards doing heavy ohp Destroyed This poor girls leg
>Heart attacks, broken fingers, dislocated knees and fucked shoulders every new years

I've been working out at the same big gym for like 5 years and never noticed anyone getting seriously injured.

I did fear for my life though, when some jackass decided to do bosu ball squats in the rack just beside my bench. People are fucking retarded

I hit myself in the head with the bar trying to learn to snatch yesterday

Lel

Most of the ones I've dealt with, people go home without mentioning anything. They're either too broke or too pridefull to go to the doctors strait away..So they wait untill the last minute or until it hurts so bad that they cant stand it.

some asian guy hit my bar when i was benching lmao1pl8 with a weight he was grabbing off a tree behind the benches. had to roll of shame that.

nice meme kid
osmium is 13k per kilo

underr8ed

>13 kilogram per kilogram
okay friendo

I know this is a troll post but still
> Not locking out before moving that bar behind the head

Well I guess it's true - you can't fix stupid.

The only time you should be worried about the bar hitting your face is when your wrist or shoulder snaps when reracking. And you have safeties for that.

NOW WITH MORE KILOS PER KILO

No. Osmium is super rare costs over $12,000 a kg. Worldwide production is only a few hundred kilograms a year.

Guess you could say he was doing a decline spot

I have a bench with safeties. I usually bench alone. I just set them for chest height that way if I fuck up, I don't get smashed.

Dude no shit just did that yesterday. Most embarassing thing, a girl from school pulled it off my face too. My nose still hurts.

I like taking only XL Helium plates and strapping myself to the ceiling and practicing my antigravity bench press

kek

>not supersetting your bench with antigravity bar curls
>2016
>still using plates

Seriously get one yourself

You just hang it in the air and it stays there
You need equal amount of force to push or pull it up and down