So a family member of mine feels absoultely obligated to get me a gift for christmas and i want weightlifting shoes...

So a family member of mine feels absoultely obligated to get me a gift for christmas and i want weightlifting shoes. My question to Veeky Forums is, romaleos or adipowers?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.co.uk/d/Shoes/Adidas-Unisex-Adults-Powerlift-Multisport-Indoor-Black/B01FZHC8QQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1481781381&sr=8-2&keywords=weightlifting+shoes&th=1&psc=1
twitter.com/AnonBabble

romaleos

I love the double straps on my Romaleos

this… just because of the colour choices

if you want a wider, heavier shoe, romaleo.
if you want a lighter, narrower shoe, adipower

you guys have issues with the first metatarsal strap being too long? i hear it's a common complaint.

I don't. I read that too, but neither strap touches the floor. I have Romaleos 2, so maybe it was the first gen?

I mean it's a bit on the long side sure, but it's not really a critical factor (Romaleos 2 checking in)

Just get ones from your family and the other ones from santa

think i'll go with these in either the black/red or straight black. i'll pass the word along.

thanks Veeky Forums

Mine was kind of long so I folded the tip down and taped it up. Not a big issue.

I have the solid black, and I honestly don't like them. They are like two big black blocks on my feet. Wish I would have gotten another color, but at the price I paid, I'm going to wear them until they fall apart.

yeah they looked a bit bland. black and red or the varisty red looked varied enough.

Will these increase your squat or deadlift if you're used to working out in regular basketball shoes? If so how much?

Probably won't "increase" your lifting stats, but from what i understand it makes diddys and squats a hell of a lot more comfortable on your knees, which is a concern for me at the moment. looking into wraps to go along with them actually.

I don't think you could put a generalized number to it. You'll get some gain from the lack of compression (you won't lose energy to the squishy sole). You will have more balance and your brain might "allow" you to lift more. Maybe 20lbs for me? I'd feel shaky as hell in basketball shoes.

deadlifts they shouldnt increase it... the shoes make squatting easier so they MAY increase your squats (dont expect huge jumps)

romaleos look autistic with their two straps

It will help you hit depth on squats. So if you struggle with a weight in regular shoes cuz it's too high, you might be able to hit it in lifting shoes.

But it does feel a lot different. The mechanics are different.

Walking around in high heel lifting shoes looks autistic. Having a single strap doesn't change this. But we do what we have to do.

But Santa isn't real :(

this was the rom 1 not 2

Romaleos

there are pretty heavy and blocky. but if you use them for squatting, the grip and security that they provide is really good imo, my feet are locked in once theyre down

Weak bait. Explain how the presents appear under the tree then

Oh yeah, the performance of the shoes is great. The solid black is just much uglier than I anticipated.

i agree there. wish mine were a different color but oh well

Newfags like you bring them from >>>>>>reddit

were you writing your pr's on them at one point or something

this

Yes I was writing PR's on my shoes. I haven't written any PR's on them as of late...

what's the largest number on them if i may ask

I've tried both and I personally bought the adipowers. The romaleos were heavier and felt clunky. Ive also got a boner for the wooden heel in the nobull weightlifting shoes tho. Looking to get those from Santa

675lbs

wew lad

Sad... I know...

I haven't tried them for DLs but for squats it feels great going ATG especially for my ankles

I had the Adidas Powerlift 2.0 (The white and red ones), but I lost them this summer.

Havent needed them anyway due to an accident and no lifting, but im starting again and im thinking about getting some new ones

What does fit think of these?

amazon.co.uk/d/Shoes/Adidas-Unisex-Adults-Powerlift-Multisport-Indoor-Black/B01FZHC8QQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1481781381&sr=8-2&keywords=weightlifting+shoes&th=1&psc=1

The Adidas Powerlift the shittiest weightlifting shoes on the market. They're still better than lifting in whatever you're wearing now probably, but unless you're dirt poor, get the Power Perfect II for about 100 instead.

They're a meme.

barely any elevated heel, compressible sole.

Damn based family for willing to spend 170+ on you.

I have the romaleos damn impeccable shoe. Feel so damn sturdy in them. Once theyre broken in they are amazing. Both are great shoes but rom are heavier than adis but it really doesnt matter. Both shoes have produced champions. The common complaint in strap length on rom. They are a tad long but they dont get in the way at all.

It should be noted that you should have already been able to squat to depth with your flats before getting the shoe so the shoes dont act as a bandaid and you get the best out of the shoe. Maybe expect a 5 to 10lb increase in the squat. But if this is going to get your hobby till you die then both shoes with help with potential knee pains.

I have the red and gold ones.

Definetly not deadlift
They help you stay upright on the squat
That helps engage your quads more, and reduces buttwink so they're pretty good for your back
It's hard to front squat with good depth without them
And I you don't have to have knees pushed as far forward which is good for them I guess

This. Or one of the Chinese lifters
Even some of the reebok crossft shoes are better

I've got the nikes and they're GOAT

Get sleeves for health, wraps are for maxing.

Been able to squat atg since i started with no buttwink. People lifting 4 times what i was were baffled. I can only imagine it'll get better. Knees are starting to get stiff these days

if i wanted to get a pair of shoes for just squatting and not any oly lifting is the powerlift fine?

if not what is a better alternative (asking cuz i cant find power perfecr for good price in canada) i also dont want to spend shekels for romalos or adipowers

Reebok crossfit lifter plus 2.0

how big do you have to be to wear lifting shoes and not get laffed out the gym??

Hope you're still in this thread because nobull isnt a wood heel.

At my gym the only people who wear them are a fat "powerlifter" girl with a shaved head and a manlet who only snatches 115lbs. So not big or strong at all. Nobody cares about your shoes.

First gym i ever went to was a ymca, and the pt there wore adipowers but had extreme chicken legs. Guy was all upper body. He didn't even use them

I wanna get Position p2.1s

Thanks a lot. I just wanted to avoid the red/white design actually, I don't like it.
Are these a meme as well? They look like it, but still not that red/white design. I just don't like it, but I might have to go with it, the red/white Power Perfect II

I can't get over how shit they look plus the suede is not going to be nice with the chalk

Underrated

powerlifts are a shit .5" heel vs .75" heel and squishy which almost entirely defeats the purpose

Phew, was close to buying them today. Is there any consensus on other brands?
I see the power perfect everywhere. I wonder how good others are, I rarely see other brands than Nike or Adidas

>spending 200+ euros for lifting shoes and not even competing

I copped these the other day at the adidas outlet for literally $17. Maybe they mispriced them but oh well :-)

nike's look less obnoxius but nike supports child labor and are sjw (ironic, isn't it)

>not buying the most ostentatious shoes you can
Not gonna make it

>spending money

>having money

pents for chicken legs bwuk bwuk

I don't have the budget to spend almost $100+ on shoes. Where can I cop a pair of these for around $50?

I have these, feels bad man

Nike. They have a wider (more stable) foot print. The straps are nice too.

I ordered the Power Perfect II now, 69 GBP.
Should arrive in two weeks, neat.

Get Wei ru warriors instead

Fug, mirin.

ROMALEOS NIKUS NIKKUS ALL THE WAY MANG! They last forever!!1

Is that snatch or C+J?