>2016
>not doing bent over rows for all-over back development

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19197209

>The standing bent-over row produced large activation symmetrically across the back

nigga you row to your buckle not to your chest like a fairy

>not wanting symmetrical strength

Gonna do db rows followed by t-bars in an hour, some of my favorite exercises t b h f a m

The position you have to get in to do those is too uncomfortable

why dont i feel the activation tho? it aint normal.

it feels wrong too.

switched over to db rows which are a lot better but there are not too manyhigher weight dumbbells at the gym so its not enough

gonna try t-bar rows or maybe inverted grip, some dude mentioned that its much better like that

That's because your back is weak from deadlifting (which is a hip exercise).

It's my understanding that inverted grip will target the lats more. Front grip targets the traps and rhomboids more, both are good.

please never post again

Sorry, it's like that. If you want lower back, do Oly lifts or back lifts. Deadlift is really nothing for the lower back, assuming your technique is okay. It's more like a hinge movement.

You row to both because you're interested in developing all of the muscle you filthy isolation peasant

The key to lats is the position and movement of the elbows. Think like you're pretending to be a chicken or an olympic skier- your elbows should be doing all the movement and they should come straight back and behind your lats til your scapula pinches.

Another good way to think about it is your lats being the chest of your back- for bench press you want to bring the dumbbells/grip inwards as your elbows pass your chest because it's what contracts the muscle- similarly you contract the lats by bringing your elbows back and slightly in like a chicken/skier

Always target the muscle

The deadlift is primarily a glute and hamstring movement but it does hit the lower back, and traps isometrically and despite very short ROM you're still involving your lats to a large extend.

Where did he mention deadlifts?

Fuck rows

I still do them but I hate that shit

My lower back hurts at every row I did (BB Row, T-Bar rows, seated cable rows). So, I should do inverted rows to spare my lower back?

I row to my naval, typically, with an underhand grip.

>bent over
what are you gay or something ?

So is classic bent over better than pendlay for size?

Is it normal to be able to take more weight in bent over rows then in bench lifts? Recently started 5x5 and my bench is stalling at 50kg (started to increase the reps) but my rows are going fine currently at 62.5kg

yeah, pendlay is more lower back because muh deadlift accessory

>I row to my naval

KEK

You should stop doing supermong RP and keep your back straight.

Could be shit form or just weak core.

Being able to row the same or more than your bench is a pretty good indicator that you've got a balanced push/pull. From what I've seen though beginners usually can't row as much as they bench.

>they don't do yates rows

because dumbbell rows are much better

Why is he bent over at a 90° angle instead of a 45° angle? I thought bent over row was done at 45°.

My back is always straight and my form is good. Every time i put on a little bit more weight, my lower back starts hurting again. Anything above 1plate bent-over rows hurts my lower back.

For what it's worth I'm not a pure beginner as I used a self made "program" for 2-3 months before one of the guys I train with suggested we started with 5x5, for example I could do pull ups (only like 1 proper) before 5x5 started.

Then your form isn't good. Drop the weight.

Anything other than Pendlay is shit

kek

I've been lifting for 4 months and can row 2pl8 but I bench like 170, is that normal?

Why would I choose this over, say, a dumbbell row, which is also very fast and I can also afford?

>don't squat the day after you deadlift because your lower back will be exhausted
>but do use bent over rows on the press day after squats/deadlifts because you need to work out your lower back
Seriously don't get this shit. I'm not going to do fucking hill sprints or power cleans the day after doing 5x20 on the calf raise machine. Why the fuck would I try to workout my lats and upper back by needlessly involving my spinal erectors when they probably already got activated sufficiently in my last workout?
Unless you need to train for strongman or olympic pulls I see no benefit to bent over rows as they complicate programming and you limit the load on your lats to what your lower back can handle.

>Tfw my bent over/pendlay row is as heavy as my deadlift 205 :/

Regular bent over rows are not possible to do with correct form when you reach a respectable weight tho

>I do pendlay rows

>I do dumbbell rows

A variety of rowing is good since the mechanics of the back are fairly complicated and none of them are competition lifts anyway. i do pullups, yates rows, pendlay rows, and db rows. T bar rows are great too

I do dumbbells because I find it easier to make sure I'm working both sides equally.

Cool do you have a pic of yourself standing next to a bra?

I like to do mine underhanded also I think pic relateds tilt at the hips is a little excessive and could lead to unnecessary lower back strain.

My niggah

>I can't afford a barbell
dyel?

No but I'd send a pic of me wearing a bra for my bf.

My row stance is to bend over till I can let the barbell fall just below the knee, like I'm about to do a hang clean. I bring it to my waist.

This good form?