LIFTING IN OLD AGE

How can you maintain lifting till death?

Besides the "eat healthy".

Most people in old age get things broken past repair. Get stuck in wheel chairs.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/rGgoCm1hofM
youtube.com/watch?v=39ce8WA6mSM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Rippeto, Dan John, and Kubrick have all written books about lifting when you get older. You could boil it all down to "be careful with your volume". I'm so beat up I might as well be 80, I currently do one lift a day. Like no shit one lift, today is "rows".

The only major problem facing old people is knee and back problems, and those are 95% caused by a lifetime of physical labor and bad posture.
So as long as you aren't working like a Mexican or sitting like /v/ for your whole life, you should be fine in old age.

Interesting. Apparently my shoulders, elbows, wrists, hips, and ankles don't hurt a bit.

lifting with proper form seems to be the best way to stay healthy, but there is no way to completely prevent broken things when you get older. age will fuck you up no matter what, but it's better to be strong than weak.

Damn Bernie got them 99% gainz bro

Money, dedication, knowledge, and a fuck ton of luck.

how old are you?

TRT

Sounds a bit unlucky Bro. 41 here I can still smash the gym for 90 minutes and cycle home hard.

Same age. Keeping at it to maintain flexibility and strength. Improves my posture a lot and as stress reducer.

Just a hard life with no one to teach me any better. No YouTube videos to teach proper parkour landing techniques, but me and my buddies still jumped off roofs. That kind of shit. A lot of extreme sports before they were xTreme. Manual labor. Marines. My joints are wrecked. Back is wrecked. Everything I do is rehab related.

31 here. Did grappling when I was in my 20's. Broken right elbow, dislocated both shoulders (not at the same time) and left knee, sprained ankles countless times, broken left wrist, torn all kinds of muscles. My only hope is that I can at least keep lifting till my 50's. Wonder how fucked am I.

know your fucking limits and don't do stupid shit

>Most people in old age get things broken past repair. Get stuck in wheel chairs.
That's because most people don't live healthy lifestyles into their old age. If more people exercised and lifted until they were 60, they wouldn't break things past repair and end up in wheelchairs.

That's pretty much Scooby's whole channel

All the healthy active 60+ers I know all started weight training before 50. They look very good compared to the those the same age stuck in water fitness low impact BS.

Most people get old and broken and stuck in wheel chairs because they don't lift.

youtu.be/rGgoCm1hofM

Also, as an old lifter (60+) I think that light testosterone and HGH treatments are very effective. HGH can help with joint health and test can give you the muscle mass, strength and virility.

As long as you're not taking bodybuilder like doses of either. Just enough to put you back in your 20s or 30s

Did this motherfucker say he's past 90?
Holy shit.

He got emotional right at the end.
God fucking damn it I hate "young" people.

1. Move to an island nation. Cubains/Greeks have long ass lives due to healthcare coverage and all that ocean air.

2. Warm up/Cool down every time.

3. Learn your body and don't over do it on shit.

4. Research the best exercises for whatever area you're targeting. Fitness is a science that is contently changing. The shit they were doing 30-50 years ago often gets changed up, improved on, or thrown out for how dangerous it is.

>what quirky and odd ideas this old man has

They are not taking him seriously. "Go for the fruit"? Fucking plebs. You can see it in his eyes, he knows they're all doomed.

This. When i was younger my volume was way too much for far too long. It eventually caught up to me. I suffer with chronic joint pains.

Its not so bad if i only do 1-2 main lifts a day however ill get bored at times and jack my load up again until i start feeling the pain come back in to put me back in my place

I knew scooby was still here, we love you

Hell most people don't really do any exercise

>Waiting 70 years to hand in your natty card

Its too bad

That guy is really very wise and I think he is spot on with what is happening with our aging society.

People need to just get out and move.

but it produces infertility, doesen't it?

I don't think you care about that at 60

That's the best time to have kids. You get to pass on your genes, and you wont be around long enough to have the hassle of raising them, or paying for them.

Enjoy your autistic kids

Yes, i kinda think of that. What bothers me is that i'm so fucking autist i fear not being able to reproduce in my life time. I just want to have the hope of having children even at an old age.

Pick fruit after climbing tree, live in Japan, turn 90 and live in town of Centurians, fuck retirement, avoid marriage, adopt the Okinawan diet, drink green tea, have affordable healthcare and be part of optimistic community. youtube.com/watch?v=39ce8WA6mSM