Random tips thread

A reverse qtddtot, because let's not just make reposts

Drop factoids and opinions

>Creatine monohydrate dissolves much better in coffee with a little milk.

I mean it, stir it before you take each sip and you won't have to gag when all that powder at the bottom slides down your throat

Other urls found in this thread:

soulmatefood.com/creatine-how-to-get-the-best-out-of-it/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Creatine with caffeine
There've been two studies showing small loss of muscle contraction, why would you recommend combining them?

>Put your thumbs over the bar when doing pull ups for significantly more lat activation.
>Lean back with feet forward (body should make something like a 30 degree angle) for even more lat activation during pull ups.

>Narrower grip when high bar squatting gives less balance but more mobility and translates into better lifts

>two studies
Okay so where are they

>why would you recommend
Because it dissolves better

Plus there's such a thing as decaf

The 6-7 rep range does absolutely nothing
1-3 for power
3-5 for strength
6-7 for wasting time
8-15 for hypertrophy
15+ for endurance

Or you could just narrow grip low bar

>Place the scoop of creatine directly into mouth and chase it down with water

>if your progression is stalling then switch to high rep range with lower weight and add weight until you are at the weight you couldn't get past, then switch to previous rep range and add weight

>stare into your own eyes in the mirror instead of looking at your arms etc because that just looks like you're looking downward which makes you seem introverted and unapproachable

>tea tree oil prevents calluses on hands from going too dark yellow (not sure why) and makes them easier to peel off

>if anywhere hurts other than muscle during workout, stop and identify the cause of pain before continuing

The solubility of creatine increases with the temperature of the water:
6 g/l at 4°C
14 g/l at 20°C
34 g/l at 50°C
45 g/l at 60°C
which gives the approximate formula of 1.44*temp-2.17 for the solubility in g/l.

Always mix creatine into hot water and only drink it once it's been all dissolved.

soulmatefood.com/creatine-how-to-get-the-best-out-of-it/

vienna sausages has more protein than that power crap you buy at the fitness stores because you dont know where to get roids

and at the gym people like it when you make eye contact and finger your belly button if your a guy

i dont think your writing this down but you should

Sets of odd numbered reps give more gains than even ones but the best are sets of primes or fibonnaci numbers. That's why 5 reps works so well, it's both prime and fibonnaci. Same with 3, you could do 3 sets of 5 to get both in.

Problems with your lower body???

Google Limber 11

It's a warm-up/mobility plan by Joe DeFranco, a well known coach.

(Helped me with lower back problems and my hips are better then ever.)

This really sounds like a cheap commerical...

WTF is wrong with your creatine problems?
That stuff has no, zero, 0, taste.

Put your 5 g in the shaker with the whey and down with it, easy.
AND DON'T EVEN DARE TO START WITH FLAVOURED CREATIN BECAUSE OF MU TASTE!

Im doing all my pulls now thumbless - except deadlifts and DB rows.
This works much better for me.

Here is a good tip:
>Lifiting weights on a regular base give you strenght and muscles.

>>Lifiting weights on a regular base give you strenght and muscles.
Thanks! Saving for later.

It's the texture that fucks with me, I think I'd hurl
Genuinely intriguing never knew that thank you
See first reply

The sooner you find out what specific strength goals you have the sooner you can customize your routine.

Don't be afraid to go your own way, but make sure you study barbell bodyweight facets before you do your own thing.

>Having far out and nearby goals will keep you tracking your progress

>Reject decadence: embrace hardship

>Stop buying small stuff like snacks, movies tickets, or fast food. That adds up

>Save wherever you can. Cook bulk food. Buy discount canned food.

>Maintain a healthy distance and skepticism for people that deride your healthy or frugal habits because they themselves will likely not make it and fall for all the memes (consumerism, averageness, etc)

>The Jews were right. Most people are no better than cattle.

>Realizing the above point allows you to respect and love yourself by rejecting decadence and embracing hardship

>By living such a way you will recognize other people doing the same

>These people will see the same fire in your eyes and it is like being in a secret club of sorts

>Be kind to others, but for the most part the respect of these people should count more than others

Aren't you supposed to be saying this to your stepson?

DON'T EGO LIFT
You'll have to take time off to plan a return flight from snap city

>movies tickets
What does this have to do with the rest?
Watching movies is one of the few things I still enjoy with exercise and playing cards.

How many times a year/month?

If that's one of your very few indulgences, then I get it.

It was more of an archetype than anything. That was a personal vice if mine.

I try to go once a week if possible.
Do you call that a vice because of the money it costs? Because as I said I don't really enjoy much in life anymore.
I'm just surprised to see it among the usual eating vices.

throw some fiber powder in with your protein shake for them smooth poopin' gains

Maybe it's a cultural thing in my town, but people waste stupid money with it.

I would definitely consider once a week a lot, but for you maybe not. If you're saving money everywhere else, then $40 a month isn't that much.

I had it there because it's one of those things people don't think much about.
I'm getting that way with books now. Sold all vidya, and just read.

What's the fucking point of decaff. Coffee doesn't taste that good, the only reason I drink it is for the caffeine. Decaff is like taking non alcoholic beer. Tatses like shit but you get drunk, why go through the trouble without the reward?? It's like smoking fake weed or marrying someone but not actually have any kids or sex. Why do humans hate themselves so much to invent decaff coffee.

Illuminati body hacks

This. I blend oats to powder and throw that in. Shits like silk

It's funny, but I was musing about this the other day.

If numbers really do have esoteric or magical significance, then such a conclusion would be reasonable.

Bend forward slightly at the ankles when jogging
Down strokes of each stride should feel as though their path is directly down to the ground

>coffee doesn't taste that good
I hope you're joking. I sincerely hope you've only ever had instant coffee, and you're not calling french press, V60, espresso or mokka coffee "not that good".
Please tell me it was all a joke. Please tell me you're memeing.

considering you're never dissolving more than 5grams, why use hot water?

> when squatting, stop trying to inhibit knee travel. don't even think about how far your knee travels out. just keep your knees in line with your toes and stay balanced over mid-foot when going down. nothing else matters.

> break at the hips and the knees at the same time

> if you're doing SS, don't go crazy with accessories, you will fatigue yourself.

I'm new to lifting and here are things I've learned over the past 6 months or so:

Foam rolling is amazing. I was skeptical but it very quickly got rid of an annoying pain in my back. Literally five minutes of foam rolling and it was 90% gone.

Experiment with high bar and low bar squatting, if you haven't yet.

>Workout at PF because I'm a poorfag
>Can only squat at their smith machines
>They only have two of them
>Whenever I go to the gym it's usually just the same 4 fucking guys rotating to use it for 20 mins at a time

Jesus Christ I hate planet fitness, how can they possibly think that having like 80 fucking treadmills and stationary bikes and almost no benches and free weights was a good idea?

Don't even bother. These fuckers just regurgitate random google searches from PubMed with no actual education. Creatine itself has consistently shown very little benefit, and the studies that do show any benefit have such a small P-level that it's deemed not worthy of publication anyway and is most likely just due to P-hacking and bias. Due to the sarcomere structure in your muscle fibers, your body automatically stores as much Creatine Phosphate in your muscles as it can, which is more stable than storing ATP. There is no point in taking Creatine.

Always warm up. I haven't done a single warm up since I started lifting a year and a half ago and it hasn't injured me but I guess I should do them?

>Jesus Christ I hate planet fitness, how can they possibly think that having like 80 fucking treadmills and stationary bikes and almost no benches and free weights was a good idea?

Their target demographic is fatties who sign up and then never actually go, just so they can say they have a gym membership.

Install a pull-up bar in your bathroom door and bust some reps every time you go to the bathroom, I've always been small framed and that helped me a lot.

There's literally no benefit of waiting for it to dissolve, I either scoop it into my mouth or put it into a glass of water and drink immediately

being frugal doesn't make you a better person. that is most definitely something a poor fucking retard with no life would come up with.

If you have actual friends/people in your life you care about, you spend money like it's nothing just on enjoying each day. Only an autist would go out with mates and order the smallest thing on the menu and cook at home, or pass on a movie day.

You're going to spend the money on something fucking dumb eventually. Don't tell me you're gonna save 100k from not buying movie tickets/good food and then drop a deposit on a house...

Being frugal doesn't make you a better person by having more money. It just means you have more self control and improve your quality of life.

When I go with my mates I don't order anything unless it's a very special occasion. Come to think of it, all of my m8s cook their own and have their own alcohol at home to save money.

Only an autist would order food so that he'd feel accepted by his friends. And if your friends wouldn't feel comfortable with you not ordering then you're in bad company.

Every little purchase adds up.

Enjoy your nosavings.

>Limber 11
ty needed this

>meme each other: the thread

I heard people are attracted to carotenoid tans, so I have been drinking carrot smoothies to turn my skin a healthy orange. The science sort of checks out; people can tell by looking at you that you are getting all of your vitamins from a diet of vegetables. Carotenoids in the diet are the reason why flamingos and lobsters turn pink/red, and why steve jobs turned orange. Can anyone tell me if I am being memed?