Why has this board turned so toxic and vile? It's nothing but constant shitposting through shilling and FUD...

Why has this board turned so toxic and vile? It's nothing but constant shitposting through shilling and FUD, it's like /b/ trying to make money

It's never really been great, but it definitely takes a lot longer to sift through shit for the occasional decent bit of info than it used to

POO POO COIN
PEE PEE COIN
BUY MY BAGS
ARE YOU A FAG?

because it's fun

I don't know, but I hate it too. Bunch of assholes for the most part, and an occasional chill user.

Shitposting is occasionally funny but in the last few weeks it's NEVER stopped, I wonder if it's a massive influx of newfags or smart money trying to scare people

it IS /b/ trying to make money

there's nothing more fun for me than getting people emotional about their investments, it's my favorite way to judge sentiment. try arguing token economics and whether the coin is overbought in a link thread a week ago and you would be attacked by 5 different posters. it's kind of also like leaving bread crumbs for clever people to realize the same thing.

Judging by the quality of the shitposts, it seems to be newfags coming from /pol/ and /b/; I don't think smart money would try tactics like that in a place like this, but it could be a possibility

Yes but there are countless morons on the board who literally BRAG about selling low, and this is just the ones who post

/biz was fucking great in april/may. No wojaks, minimal crying. Called xvg, rdd, ans

But then newfags came and ruined everything.

Because we're tired of you LINKIES shitting up the board and now we're serving you your JUST desserts.

Nice just bought 100 Veeky Forums

yea, the amount of space LINK have taken up on biz the last month is pretty extreme, and the worst part is its like everyone who bought LINK is acting like its their fucking child or something. So goddamn emotional.

It's equally as bad to have ten fucking FUD threads about LINK

> it's LIKE /b/ trying to make money
>LIKE

I imagine they're just roleplaying, and due to a total lack of creativity it's the only thing that gets posted. I think it might be too much of a stretch to think that it's a concerted effort by something bigger, but there does seem to be a disproportionate number of these mongs coming here than any other boards.

Maybe they come hoping to better themselves financially, then realise it takes too much research and cash to make it in crypto and just resort to spouting garbage.

yea, for sure.

>it started with the oracle problem
biz was always a shithole even before crypto took over.

>click my adfly link

Bear in mind the majority of Veeky Forums don't lift, the majority of Veeky Forums don't cook, and the majority of Veeky Forums dress like shit. Veeky Forums is no different; it's full of morons that don't actually invest in anything

there is definitely PnD groups that fud the shit out of coins on here and reddit... crypto is a very profitable market if you play it right, hence it gains more and more attention, and therefore also aggressive price manipulation techniques. I can only assume that at a certain point a snowball effect happened, people started to recognize fud, and it became a meme, people started doing it for fun, or maybe they try to take the fud to such ridiculous highs as a sort of countermeasure. fight fire with fire so to speak...
in any case, this board has become completely useless, none of the threads has any form of serious discussion, it's all shitflinging and memes.

Veeky Forums is easily the friendliest board I've been on. /pol/ gives best laughs and memes are off the hook but also makes you mentally ill - especially as it's devolved into endless retarded bickering between stormfags and SJW retards trolling.

/tv/ is the least friendly, most fucking pompous board I've been on - it's only part of Veeky Forums I've had fucking retards drone on about "fucking learn the 'culture' of the board before posting" instead of just politely saying "stfu newfag" or whatever.

>tricking people to lose significant amounts of money is friendly

Agreed there are certainly PnD groups operating, however I think the vast majority of the FUD/shill posts are just shitposts by people that treat the entire thing as a meme.

I only come here for the odd bit of news I wouldn't otherwise pick up on from other sources, which doesn't happen often. There is definitely less and less incentive to keep coming back as the days go by.

but it's only a joke bruh, you didn't actually listen, right??? ;^)

pajeets are ruining this board with their pnd groups. Also normies with their 9gag memes.

Just keep being the change you want to see in the world and I will too, user.

I started reading Veeky Forums last January and crypto made up no more than 50% of the threads. I felt like a total newfag, back then there was a lot of terminology that I didn't understand especially in the finance threads. We also had threads about crisis, politics, starting businesses, so on. Back then, crypto was what the robinhood general was now: basically just one thread a day with occasional questions elsewhere about mining or stuff like that. People shared tips on how to cloud mine, where you would use AWS or google cloud platform credits to run pascalcoin miners and get like a free $150 if you did it right.

I've been heavily involved in crypto since before then: it's what I study, it's my job, and it's my hobby. I've done everything: daytrading, ICO picking, mining, writing smart contracts, writing bots, hell my research group at uni does work on zkSNARKS. But seeing the transformation of Veeky Forums since then especially through the spring boom was really pretty incredible. I think people realized that the opinions touted here actually do convince people; if you shill hard enough on here you can actually manufacture price movement for the exact same reason that
threads posted on /pol/ make their way into the mainstream media. There are these studies (from 538, nate silver's site, and others) that show how material from sites like Veeky Forums quickly disseminates to certain subreddits, which then moves to the rest of reddit and twitter, where it gets blasted to a wide audience, which then reshares it on the most normie sites like facebook. It's like a chaos theory of information transfer; even innocuous comments posted by clueless anons can randomly get picked up on and gain "legitimacy" and end up inspiring articles on mainstream crypto sites. It's a self fulfilling prophecy

what this guy said was accurate, link shills started with
>what is the oracke problem
then released info slowly

palm beach modus operandi

But Veeky Forums is full of high IQ individuals, surely you dont mean to say that youre actually a low IQ one and lost money on x-coin fomo.

real talk tho, Veeky Forums is a place to shit post no person will actually just post relevant info if it doesnt benefit them in someway or gratification in proving the other people are wrong or just plain chaos flinging

>It's never really been great, but it definitely takes a lot longer to sift through shit for the occasional decent bit of info than it used to
No. It was great before digibyte mooned

>2017
>still pretending stormfront is relevant

(2/2)
It's actually funny because back in the day there were lots of memes about nVidia and AMD stock. People rode these up and down on Robinhood in the same way we have memes about chainlink now. And it's all shifted from robinhood trading over to crypto.

I want anons to appreciate this next bit though. The REASON nVidia and AMD had such price movement last year that allowed the robinfags to make money, is because graphics cards were being bought out at an insane rate in order to mine cryptocurrency. The crypto boom was literally signalled by these stocks rising. People shilling AMD saying "I'd never have made this much in crypto!". Looking back at it, it seems obvious that AMD rose 2.5x because their cards starting being sold out within an hour of being stocked, but at the time nobody seemed to make the connection to the small but rapidly growing crypto interest. And now all the people that used to trade on robinhood are full on coiners ~

That's your essay topic for Veeky Forums history today kids

What was great about it exactly? The 'no coiners on suicide watch' threads, or the 'Ethereum is a scam' threads?

Every coin shilled here, actually mooned. People were sharing actual data.
They actually discussed the technology of the coins.

I must've missed that period, when was this? I took a few months off here and there.

Granted, when TESLA first went public the shares were shilled here, which was a fantastic investment.

Because crypto is toxic and vile. Crypto needs its own containment board.

>it's like /b/ trying to make money

Yes. Like it's some sort of Veeky Forums board about business and finance. Hmm, weird.

Yeah I love doing this. It was obvious LINK was the new DGB but these retards get emotionally attached to their purchases so they refuse to sell and start meming about the ALTCOINOFCHOICEmarines

>research
>cash
nigga I started with $1000 in September and it only took 30 minutes a week over 3 weeks to double that

>turned
hello newfag