Heres something Ive been thinking of for a long time

Heres something Ive been thinking of for a long time

Im 21 years old and I have ADD my mind is always restless and overactive.. sometimes filled with true joy and other days deep depression. What helps alot is consuming coffee and working out

Is this ADD brain chemistry an actual disorder or is it how a human is supposed to function and the outer world sees it as different? I also feel very phylosofical quite often with deep thoughts

Any ADD fitiziens sharing the same?

There's nothing wrong with you put it that way

I feel very different from people around me from work school etc.. cant connect with 99% of them is that normal

Doctor suggested it might be autism but I dont think im autistic

We are all different. You will learn to control your body and mind. Try yoga or meditation.
It will probably take insane amount of practice, energy and trying but you will make it user.
Controling body and mind is possible. John Nesh managed to overcome schizophrenia.
zeeez is watching.

Yeh I felt the same .. society tries to but everyone into a box but some see through the bullshit.. just enjoy life and do what you want to do. Believing in yourself is key

L-Theanine with your caffeine might help you be less overactive senpai

Don't fuck with adderall or anything if you don't have to. Just try and harness how fast you think and overcome it when it gets in the way of things you want

sounds like youre bi polar. extremely high highs, very low lows

That's not how bipolar disorder works you dumbshit.
Yes, you are diseased very treatable. Also, ADHd meds are awesome.

I'm the exact same thing, to a T, you better get the fuck outta my brain man you're givin me the willies. I also like to write and smoke weed to cope in the evenings when caffeine isn't the best option. My gf who studies psychology said that I am different from a lot of other ppl but in a good way, so take that with a grain of salt i suppose only slightly better than your mother telling you that.

ADD is a meme so shitty parents can justify their child's poor behaviour/academic performance as a disability as opposed to taking responsibility for raising their offspring.

>Im 21 years old and I have ADD my mind is always restless and overactive
oh lawdy, victim blog incoming! take your learned helplessness/self imposed shitty blog post else where.
>ADD
more like
>yay i have an excuse to blame all my problems on so i never have to take responsibility for myself and society has an excuse to turn me into a lifelong legal drug addict!
KYS or wake the fuck up and start taking responsibility for yourself
>phylosofical
oh god, nvm, just fucking kill yourself you idiot.

>I feel very different from people around me from work school etc
thats probably just from your IQ/mental functioning being significantly lower than the average person

Not op but you guys are dumb. I was also diagnosed with ADHD and every year in school I scored within the 98th percentile on standardized tests. My grades were often shit tho because I couldn't stay focused on the boring, tedious tasks assigned by most of my dipshit teachers. There is no correlation between intelligence and adhd. I had some good teachers who recognized this and only assigned me more meaningful, hands on projects. I have realized over time that part of the problem is that American schools aren't really designed to teach you information or how to think but rather how to fill in bureaucratic documents without asking questions. Otherwise our classrooms would be modeled on open ended discussion with integrated participation from all the students.

Are you me?

I am restless, overthinking, maniac and impulsive. Also one moment depressed and sad, in the next hour i am full of joy.

Social contact feels autistic, calculated, not intuitive most of the time, but i am 27 now and i have learned the mechanics. Still i get tired fast from social contact.

It is hard to stay with hobbies after the initial fascination. I get bored very fast and it is hard for me to motivate myself. Same thing with girlfriends. They get boring, I hurt their feelings and swear to keep the next one - repeat.

I dont know if i have ADD or if it exists even though i am diagnosed with it. Everyone can relate to the symptoms a litte, but i feel like i am not functioning like most of the people i know.

Sorry for my english.

holy fuck I relate to this so much OP. Exactly what I experience

I also feel as if I recognize patterns in things more than others, although this could just be arrogance. I am constantly thinking about different things. On days that I do feel good it's to an extreme, a constant euphoria as if nothing could stop me. But on days that I do feel depressed or down it's the same but I tend to try to pick myself back up with positive thinking and lifting definitely helps with this. I feel like I am not a part of the herd of sheeple.

I also feel like I can read a person very well and know what kind of person they are after having talked to them for all of 5 minutes

Samesies can we b friendz?

always willing to befriend people who are as psychotic as myself :)

At days especially when im about to do something I enjoy doing I get an intense rush like I snorted 5 lines of Bolivian Cocaina. I dont need the feel to eat much .. intense focus.. everything feels so right and very positive about the future

this usually ends when the night is coming close and I start feeling anxious and restless.. a general bad feeling overall..

:) :) :) :)

Anyone else a misunderstood INTJ genius here cant get their shit together or connect with other people but have huge self importance and think they are better than everyone else while being incapable of showing it??

So I have ADD/ADHD as well.

I am always happy. Depression is not a part of ADD.ADHD.

You do not have to be this way and you can beat it.

>I also feel very phylosofical quite often with deep thoughts

I very rarely have deep thoughts.

Or if I do, I don't care very much about them desu.

It's real, but it's beatable. YOu don't need drugs to beat it. Just willpower.

One of the symptoms is you have bad short term memory, because you're always thinking, thinking about work, thinking about this, or that.

So you're not focused on stuff that isn't 'essential' or 'important'

This can be countered. Example, force yourself to only put your car keys in one spot, you won't absentmidnley leave them somewhere while thinking about work, and lose them.

Sounds like autism, I never got diagnosed, but I have not really an inability to connect with people, I work sales, and I'm very good, more a lack of desire.

I simply don't care to connect with anyone or even do basic stuff like say hello unless they intrest me or are a customer.

I also don't care at all about what others think of me, unless customers. probably also ties into autism, maybe it's related to ADD

tl;dr: You can beat ADD/ADHD with simple willpower.

The only negative effects are lack of focus on mundane tasks, willpower will beat that.

You're fine. As long as your self described 'restlessness' isn't actively ruining your life in more than one setting, you don't clinically have ADD. Everyone has deep thoughts (maybe not everyone, but being introspective is normal even though most people don't share their thoughts), everyone has times when they feel down. Again, if your depression is beginning to ruin your life, that is when you should see a therapist or seek help.

I also go through depressive bouts, drink lots of coffee, and lift the pain away. But this is who I am and I've learned to deal with it and also to accept to like myself for the person I am. Sure, I get deep and down sometimes, but fuck it, just makes me me.

Also yes, ADD is a disorder, thought to be caused by aberrant neurotransmitters in regions of the brain (hypofrontality, over-active anterior cingulates in regards to norepinephrine). Depression is a also a disease of hypofrontality and possible overstimulated amygdala.

>misunderstood INTJ genius here cant get their shit together or connect with other people but have huge self importance and think they are better than everyone else while being incapable of showing it??

LITERALLY ME

Congrats, you're fucking pathetic. No one gives a shit what you think you can do, they only care what you actually do. Until you get your shit together, you're the mental equivalent of some guy on synthol walking around the gym talking shit about how much he can bench.

>not picking up on the facetious tone of these posts.

Congrats, you're fucking stupid.

this is ME

trips prove it

Them is some nice titties