>warm up squat
>add 10 lbs since last week's work out
>crank out 5 reps, ez
>add 10 more lbs
>crank out 5 more reps, still ez
>get too cocky, am now up to 30 lbs more since last workout
>on 3rd rep realize I can't get back up
>luckily safety bars are there, let the bar roll off shoulders onto them

wasn't as scary as I thought it would be. at least when squatting I'm now going to be less cautious about adding weight.

>earlier today
>doing squats
>adding 2,5 kg since last time
>lose balance on last rep
>try to push through anyways
>suddenly all plates on my left side fucking fall off

Apparently I'd forgotten to attach the clip on that side, probably the most embarrassing thing that's ever happened in the gym so far, caught me completely by surprise.

>Benching 245 5x5
>People are waiting for me to finish bench so I rush myself
>jump to next set after only 10 second break
>I can feel my chest juicing on 3rd rep but I keep going anyways
>4th cant get it up and lift butt off the bench get one side on the pegs but other fails and falls
>gym dudes all run over and lift it off and onto the peg
I was out of breath so I tried to explain what happened but instead I just spouted out a bunch of nonsense between heavy breathing and everyone is looking at me like I have 2 heads, just shake my head and clean the bar.

Last night, I started my routine with a bench press. I recently did a few reps of 160, so I got cocky myself and after a warm-up set, set the total weight to 140, going for ten reps. One, two, three, four, five, six, seven... eight... uh-oh, bar only went halfway up on nine, now I'm stuck with that on my chest. I could have bailed by spilling it to the side, but I didn't want to make a huge commotion, so I look around quickly. I see a woman on the leg lifting machine and two guys she's chatting with. I say "excuse me". I say it again, and she turns to look at me, she's looking me right in the eye, she can see I'm struggling. She says nothing while continuing to stare. I say "help". She keeps lookin. I repeat myself, more harsh in tone now because I can feel the bar digging into my sternum. This lady STILL can't take a hint, and worse yet, she looks away and resumes her set. Now I can feel my sternum starting to bend, electing to use the last of my strength to tip the bar over. Just then, one of her male friends finally hurried over and helped me set the bar back.

I was quick to get up, shake his hand and thank him for bailing me out. And then I proceeded to bore a fucking hole in the cardio bunny's face with a smoldering glare when I went to freshen up before continuing the rest of my routine. Normally I don't do passive-aggressive things like that, but I felt like she earned it.

I'm not saying I was entirely in the right here. Thinking isn't the same as knowing, I should have had someone there to spot me. But still, if you see someone struggling and it's clear that bar isn't coming back up, don't fucking stare, I don't care if you're in the middle of your leg lifts, tell your friend who's standing right there. Don't you know an emergency when you see one? I have a small bruise on my chest, but I'll be fine. Next time, and every time after, I WILL get a spotter, one way or another. Lesson learned.

>Failed on last rep of benchpress
>135 5x5
>Roll of shame.

The worst part is everyone watching you unrack the weight from the floor in front of the bench like you're some kinda monster.

>maxing out weighted dips
>going for 1 rep max
>Chain breaks
>weight hits the floor about the same time my head hits the ceiling

TFW I'll never know my weighted dip max

lmao sorry user

the mental picture is just too fucking funny

you alright tho?

kek'd

that went bananas

That happened to me a few months back while doing curls. The bar titled a tiny bit because I accidentally lifted my foot a little bit and an entire side of plates slid off onto the floor and made a really loud noise, everyone immediately looked at me

>deadlift 200kg saturday
>try 205kg today and can't lock out
>try 200kg again and can't even move it from the floor

Your fast twich muscle fibres can take up to 10 days to fully recuperate

use clips you autist

I never fail sets

Yeh, I'm a lucky guy

>2 months ago
>test week
>squat day
>hit 475 last month, miss depth the first time, grind it out the second time
>feeling good
>warmups fly
>decide fuck it go for 495 after hitting 475
>get stuck in the hole
>forced to bail
>watch the video after
>literally less than an inch of getting out of my sticking point and finishing the rep

All of my rage.

Not a failed rep but similar
>reracking weights
>carrying several plates to the rack
>one slips, falls, loud noise
>everyone looks at me like I just took a shit on the floor
Normalfags are such babies about a little noise.

that just went bananas

Yesterday was ny first day i could finish 5 reps
>Squat going strong
>Bench press great progress
>Hit OHP plateu
>DL not that heavy but my grip just wont hold the bar after 2 repa

How do I get through the 3/4 pl8 OHP plateu guys?

>one year ago
>morning 24 hr fitness filled with old people and me because of winter break
>squatting 3pl8
>squat rack has tiny supports to rest the weight on once you're done w/ set (w/e they're called)
>habitually look over my left shoulder to check if I'm good to rack
>good on left
>go to rack
>didn't rack on the right side
>safety bars low since I was going to depth
>bar angled my shoulders and spine and pulled my left abdominals
>audible snap sound

took me months to recover fully. Had to avoid doing any lifts that worked abs at all. I'm just glad I didn't hernia.

Technically I did use one clip.

>have spotter
>doing 60lb db's shoulder press
>"you can do 1 more bro"
>"im done barely got that one"
>"lets go bro"
>holds my elbow
>I'm literally doing all I can which is nothing
>he stops 70% of the way and I drop the weight on my chest and drop the other one

FAGGOT SPOTTERS. Now I never ever push for an extra rep especially when a fuccboi decides to do the kali muscles strat and help all day

i don't use clips and this never happened to me.

wew I just read the post wrong. ignore my autism I'm sure you're a very nice person

>db press
i want arabs and twinks to leave the gym

0/10

american gyms often use metal plates that fit quite loosely around the bar, so it's important to use clips. in my gym, it's basically all bumper plates above 10kg and those all fit pretty snug.

> can't even move it from the floor
> fast twitch fibers

deadlift is a prime grinding exercise when close to your max, nothing to do with fast twitch fibers.

> implying you have a 3 or 4 plate OHP

That feel when my gym's squat racks have no safety bars, or any kind of way to safely fail a squat rep.

Asked the PT and told me to just let the bar drop behind me.