So whats the fuckin verdict?

I sware every other day it changes. How many eggs a day? Sometimes i hear its only really safe to eat one a day. Sometimes i hear up to 4

Other urls found in this thread:

advances.nutrition.org/content/3/5/711.full
researchgate.net/publication/227602378_Eggs_and_dietary_cholesterol_-_dispelling_the_myth
ibcmt.com/2009-03-16-EffectsOfDietaryCholesterolOnSerumCholesterol-PaulHopkins.pdf
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10426702
nutritionfacts.org/video/eggs-and-arterial-function/
sciencebasedmedicine.org/death-as-a-foodborne-illness-curable-by-veganism/
foodpolitics.com/wp-content/uploads/Physicians-Committee-USDA-HHS-Lawsuit-1.6.16-2.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

go to examine.com

basically, theres been studys up to 6 eggs daily and it shows no harm

more than that is unknown

seems legit, some people feel so strongly that theyre unhealthy in larger amounts and some people say its perfectly fine. dont know what to believe

This question gets axed every day. How many eggs you eat isn't important. What's important is that you eat ALL of them, whether that's 1 or 36.

I eat 4 eggs daily and 2 without yolk.
Just wanted to say that. Is that ok for Veeky Forums?

youll prob die tomorrow or this week. im doctor

ohh ok yea that makes sense

i ate 7 yesterday how fucked am i

dude, hospital. now.

I've had 6 eggs a day for around 6 months now and haven't noticed a problem

And also if you're worried about that cholestrol meme, it's been completely debunked that dietry cholestrol has any real impact on your levels.

>basically, theres been studys up to 6 eggs daily and it shows no harm

Post that study.

>it's been completely debunked, it's all just a meme guys

Oh, okay, I can see you've backed that up well enough

I actually need the source for this, got a link to the study? My neurologist fatass father has been trying to convince me that eating eggs with yolks is terrible for you, but maybe he'll calm down if I give him something he's likely to read.

advances.nutrition.org/content/3/5/711.full

I found this but it says the opposite. It does, however, say that eating eggs doesn't increase your risk of coronary heart disease.

> It does, however, say that eating eggs doesn't increase your risk of coronary heart disease.

"Donald K. Layman is Director of Research for the Egg Nutrition Center."

I wonder why

you cholesterol cucks are fucking retarded. Dont listen to people who tell you not to eat eggs. Theyre fucking idiots. As long as your diet as a WHOLE is balanced, youre perfectly fine, eat a fucking ton of eggs.

researchgate.net/publication/227602378_Eggs_and_dietary_cholesterol_-_dispelling_the_myth

>Acknowledgement
>Dr Juliet Gray and Dr Bruce Griffin are both independent advisors to the British Egg Industry Council on scientific issues.

Why do all the "eat more eggs" papers come from the egg industry?

The amount of times I've linked and argued about this, I no longer have the effort to get the links etc, I've done the research and live my life by it. If you care about the topic go look into it yourself friend.

> If you care about the topic go look into it yourself friend.

Okay, I googled it and found a meta-analysis of hundreds of controlled experiments showing dietary cholesterol does in fact raise the amount of LDL circulating in your blood

ibcmt.com/2009-03-16-EffectsOfDietaryCholesterolOnSerumCholesterol-PaulHopkins.pdf

I used hyperbole for my point but the effects of dietary cholesterol is so insignificant it's barely worth working your diet around.

IIRC you'd need to eat something like 30 eggs a day to have any real negative impact.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10426702

>1.3 egg yolks a day
>increased LDL by 8-11%

It doesn't take much. Yolks are concentrated as fuck.

half the studies on them contradict each other and some of the pro egg ones are funded by the farming industry. Look at non egg related cholesterol intake and go off that instead.

What has been proven is poultry product consumption raises your prostate cancer risk by a notable amount. Guess how they treat that besides chemo? test suppression. Yeah I'll pass on the chicken breast and 4 egg omelet.

Science vs. food industry propaganda

nutritionfacts.org/video/eggs-and-arterial-function/

>t. Egg Council

I eat 8 eggs a day.
Then again I'm a poorfag so eggs,milk and oats are my only protein source.

He fucking linked it you meathead

>eating egg whites
I SERIOUSLY hope you guys don't do this. How the fuck do you even eat that shit? Looks and probably tastes like cum. I love egg yolks but whites are disgusting.

That site is literally hidden Vegan propaganda

All he said was "go to examine.com." That's not a study. Might as well take "google it" as a citation.

Any criticism you can make about the video?

So is mixing my whey with hot water bad? I mixes easier than milk and it's cold season.

The problem with threads like this is you're all fucking retarded, as is most of this industry/community.

Dietary cholesterol does affect your LDL levels, but not nearly as much as conventional wisdom would like to believe.

For many people, that means you can mostly ignore dietary cholesterol for a reasonable amount.

For some people that are high risk, it is still a good idea to limit dietary cholesterol.

For all people, even the most genetically unlikely to suffer from heart disease, it still doesn't mean you can start chugging lard.

Like the vast majority of everything in nutrition; moderation and dosage is everything. A small dose of something may be beneficial. A large dose of that something may kill you.

So saying a blanket statement like 6 eggs/day is bad all the time for everyone is dumb. It could be fine for many and terrible for some. Or worse, saying eggs are bad period or good period.

>Dietary cholesterol does affect your LDL levels, but not nearly as much as conventional wisdom would like to believe.

What does that even mean? It can have a big impact or a small impact depending on some factors. Usually when its impact is smaller, it's because your numbers are already shit to start with.

>So saying a blanket statement like 6 eggs/day is bad all the time for everyone is dumb

Say that after providing some sort of evidence to support your point. 6 eggs is a fucking lot of cholesterol, so even if your point is about moderation and how some people can deal with it, that would not be considered moderation by a long shot.

You guys are fucking idiots, unless your ldl cholesterol is below 75 mg/dl(below this point atherosclerosis does not form) you SHOULD NOT CONSUME ANY DIETARY CHOLESTEROL OR SATURATED ANIMAL FATS

it's not even worth debating your fucking morons because not matter what fact or logical is presented for you, you don't care cuz HUURR DURRR GOTTA GET MY 300g OF BROTEIN TO MAKE MY KIDNEYS START TO FAIL SO I CAN SQUAT TFW NO GF

op if you don't want to die of heart disease no eggs

that cite has a store on its website

Eat at LEAST 6 EGGS DAILY

Have at LEAST 1 HEART ATTACK

>says something is bad without knowing what it tastes like
Are you 10 years old?

I did try egg whites you moron, they taste bad. I said probably because unlike you I'm not a faggot that knows how cum tastes.

You honestly haven't tasted your own cum?

Goodluck on your wizard goals

>not eating your own cum for those sick gains
Never gonna make it.

Do you want a fucking APA citation u retard?

> vegan propaganda

The whole point of veganism is to reduce suffering and promote health you fucking mongoloid. The agenda is in your best interests.

Meat and eggs however are proven to cause cancer, proven to raise LDL cholesterol, proven to increase risk of heart disease and other chronic diseases. These studies are commissioned not for your health and not the health of any living being. They are commissioned so you think it's fine to pay for a product that will eventually contribute to your death. The meat industry is a huge money maker and they can't afford to lose money when people realise that it's bad for you, hence why they commission studies and skew it towards themselves by showing false correlations that indicate a non impact on health.

Eat as many as you please. Eggs are a a common part of the diet in many parts of the world, especially in Asia where egg is added to pretty much every meal. Don't believe the guy that goes into every egg thread babbling about the egg lobby while citing PETA affiliated sources. FDA & Harvard studies said that dietary cholestoral from eggs is not an issue so you should beleive them over any quacks from web sites with pop-ups telling you to buy their book.

All the eggs

>established MD talks about dietary substances and their effects on the human body

>shows sources while HIGHLIGHTING his quotes

>presents said information in graph/visual form

>Veeky Forums cries about the site

Jesus Christ, this guy has literally done ALL the work for you and presents it in multiple, easy to follow , 5 min videos.
just because someone has shown you a well laid out, opposing viewpoint, its immediately dismissed.

With ANY other subject discussion this mindset wouldn't fly.

>Sometimes i hear its only really safe to eat one a day
It's not unsafe to eat more than one egg a day, Jesus. Why is everything overanalysed so much?

of course they don't, because that would be an actual discussion and we don't have those here.

Maybe Veeky Forums cries about his site because the owner has close ties to PETA, Michael Gregor's name being synonymous with quackery due to the insane claims he makes and the fact that he's had his conclusions debunked by other doctors.

>shows sources while HIGHLIGHTING his quotes
>presents said information in graph/visual form
>Any criticism you can make about the video?

sciencebasedmedicine.org/death-as-a-foodborne-illness-curable-by-veganism/

>“If only you would watch this video”

>I hear that all the time from people who have been overwhelmed by the information presented in a video that supports their beliefs. They assume that the evidence presented is incontrovertible, and that anyone who agreed to watch it would necessarily be converted to their beliefs.

>These videos tend to fall into an easily recognizable pattern. They feature a charismatic scientist with an agenda who makes sweeping statements that go beyond the evidence, makes unwarranted assumptions about the meaning of studies, and omits any reference to contradictory evidence.

The point of veganism is to not to eat animal products

That's it.

Any morals or health benefits are personal.

OP here this thread has not helped whatsoever lmaoo

i've been eating 8 eggs per day for nearly 2 years and this is the second time i've heard anything about eggs being bad for you. first time my mum got slightly pissed and said it's not good for you but didn't give any reasons

It's fine to eat eggs in almost any practical quantity.

There MAY be a link to raised cholesterol levels.
Raised Cholesterol levels MAY increase the chances of health issues such as Heart disease etc

If the studies regularly cited are true then regular eating of eggs MAY (not in all people) therefore increase the risk of health complications.

However - if you look into the foods you'l;l likely be substituting the eggs for - they'll have similar health risks.

The most important thing by far is to eat a balanced diet with sufficient nutrition.
Not doing so WILL lead to much higher risks of health issues - including heart disease (which is the main focus of the anti egg guys)
TL;DR
Eat a balanced diet and lift

Moral considerations about the poultry/egg industry are an entirely different matter however.

>not even vegan

I'm pretty sure aged 13 to 14 I ate 2-5 eggs almost every night 12 years later I'm doing just fine.

I have a little anecdotal evidence. I ate 6 eggs daily for 3 months and then got my cholesterol tested. My numbers were all fine.

>Sometimes i hear its only really safe to eat one a day.

Not on Veeky Forums. Nobody on Veeky Forums will ever tell you this. Veeky Forums's opinion on eggs is the only one that matters.

My cholesterol went down once I stopped eating bread and replaced it with bacon and eggs in the morning.

I haven't been in here for a couple months, but let me tell you what I know about eggs.

Eggs seem to have been heavily targetted by industrials seeking to sell you their garbage and have you stray away from this healthy, affordable, versatile food. For years I've heard from respectable doctors who actually ate truckloads of eggs themselves and had their own hens for fresh eggs everyday, that they're absolutely fine and healthy, and don't contain much if any kind of bad cholesterol.

The eggs industry certainly doesn't need to pretend anything, they sell more than enough as it is, and could hardly produce more. Plus it's not like there's one big industry, there's many small ones and there's hardly one with enough power to pull that off.

Actually I had a similar situation. My blood pressure and cholesterol were way down after the period of eating shitloads of eggs. That probably has more to do with my weight loss though.

Should get protein powder, unflavored style.

Milk is more expensive for for dollar to protein ratio than protein powder.

eggs arn't vegan

a chicken only has one hole an assvagina

You people are retarded, I eat 12 eggs per day and have made massive gains. I'm bigger, stronger, and have developed an excellent ability to scratch for bugs. I can even fly short distances now. So suck it

>Milk is more expensive for for dollar to protein ratio than protein powder

Not when you factor in toilet paper

I wish I was at home where I could scan my last two blood test results (I get 4 a year) to show people that eating eggs (including yolks) does nothing towards cholesterol. I eat 4 eggs daily for breakfast. When my cholesterol (specifically LDL) was extremely high, it was because I was drinking high fat milk. Took that away and now my HDL is 102 whereas LDL is in the 40's.

I now this is a joke, but 11 lbs. of protein powder is $60 ordinarily at MyProtein. Unflavored plus Stevia.

what? did you even watch the video?
btw this is coming from a guy that eats eggs daily.

Eggs are great. Dietary cholestrol is of no concern unless you're one of the few that needs to be concerned. Saturated fat isn't bad for you, it's a vegan myth perpetuated based off of old, bad science. Just to be safe though, I wouldn't recommend people who are overweight and sedentary to be eating a lot of eggs.

As long as you aren't being stupid about the number of eggs you're eating (as too much of anything is bad), you'll be fine. Like most things in diet, use common sense and you'll probably be ok.

Every cult and fringe ideology insists that what they advocate is in your best interest. Having a vegan insist they're the "good guys" isn't comforting.

>Meat and eggs however are proven to cause cancer

Now you're just lying.

>proven to raise LDL cholesterol, proven to increase risk of heart disease and other chronic diseases.

Wew lad.

The site used to be called the Vegan Research Institute as well. It's about as trustworthy and unbiased as the egg industry studies vegans immediately dismiss and ignore when they're posted.

Source? Am curious

If it's a vegan blog kys

I tried going low saturated fat and cholesterol. While keeping the same fat macros by replacing them with "healthy fats".

All it did was kill my test levels, makr my dick stop working, lower my sex drive, make me depressed, and stall my weight loss and strength gain.

I now eat the same amount of fat but I started eating saturated fat again. Now im making gains again, test is going up, my dick is working, I feel better, and Im making lean gains with minimal fat gains. I also dont feel like shit 24/7.

I dont give a fuck about saturated fat being better for you in the long run if it means living in misery and being a low test cuck. Low saturated fat only works for women, traps trying to transition, and roiders who have no need to eat a testosterone boosting diet.

Do you ever get bored of arguing on Veeky Forums? I swear every "is it healthy too eat ..." thread you appear.

Then again I'm just as bad for reading them all the time.

>sciencebasedmedicine.org/death-as-a-foodborne-illness-curable-by-veganism/

This isn't a response to that video, this is a critique of a speech he gave around 6 years ago. Even as a response to that other unrelated speech, it's a poor critique since she misrepresents him at every point.

It is annoying sometimes having to make the same points over and over but I don't mind it too much. Hopefully I'm helping at least some people out. I've even managed to have the sticky changed slightly.

eggs literally increase test
eggs have tons of vitamins
eggs are filled with protein

why the fuck do these threads happen?

This is taken from the dietary guidelines advisory committee, who don't have the final say in what becomes public policy. That statement by the DGAC resulted in a lawsuit being sent to the USDA as many DGAC members had financial ties to the egg industry, and they had misrepresented the AHA/ACC report they cited.

foodpolitics.com/wp-content/uploads/Physicians-Committee-USDA-HHS-Lawsuit-1.6.16-2.pdf

The final say by the USDA themselves when they published their official recommendations in 2016 did still get rid of the specific number for dietary cholesterol intake, but clarified that "this change does not suggest that dietary cholesterol is no longer important" and strengthed the message to avoid it by recommending people "eat as little as possible"

It's a good example of media bias towards peoples' unhealthy food preferences. When the DGAC made their statement, all the news headlines were "CHOLESTEROL NO LONGER BAD FOR YOU, EGGS BACK ON THE MENU" because that's what people want to hear, and then a lawsuit is sent to the guidelines committee and anti-cholesterol guidelines become even more strict and none of those journalists report on it.

This is taken from the dietary guidelines advisory committee, who don't have the final say in what becomes public policy. That statement by the DGAC resulted in a lawsuit being sent to the USDA as many DGAC members had financial ties to the egg industry, and they had misrepresented the AHA/ACC report they cited.

The final say by the USDA themselves when they published their official recommendations in 2016 did still get rid of the specific number for dietary cholesterol intake, but clarified that "this change does not suggest that dietary cholesterol is no longer important" and strengthed the message to avoid it by recommending people "eat as little as possible"

It's a good example of media bias towards peoples' unhealthy food preferences. When the DGAC made their statement, all the news headlines were "CHOLESTEROL NO LONGER BAD FOR YOU, EGGS BACK ON THE MENU" because that's what people want to hear, and then a lawsuit is sent to the guidelines committee and anti-cholesterol guidelines become even more strict and none of those journalists report on it.

3whole eggs and 2—4 whites a day

ok but milk also has casein and test-boosting fats that protein powder doesn't have

it's also available fucking everywhere, tastes great, ready to drink, etc

the most underrated thing about milk is how filling it is, you drink a glass or two of milk and you won't want to eat for awhile

supp shill gtfo

jim stoppani said in a youtube video that there were studies done that showed that guys who ate 3 eggs a day put on more muscle than guys who had less. I just hard boil a dozen eggs every 4 days and eat 3 in the morning each day with some hot sauce or something.

If I wanted medical advice I wouldn't ask a layman about it.

eggs are one of the best things you can eat each day to be more Veeky Forums

I try to eat 3 a day

fuck these vegan pussies

>balanced diet
>a fucking ton of eggs

can vouch for this guy. he save my life when I was drinking 8oz of whole milk a day. now I'm down to more reasonable 1.5oz skim milk for the protein.

When i eat eggs i get gassy and my farts smell like shit wut do

go vegan apparently it makes you live forever

Lol at all these anti egg shills ITT

The one and only issue with consuming a large amount of eggs is it makes your loads really pungent apparently. My fwb stopped letting me finish in her mouth when I upped my egg intake to 6 a day.

>anti egg shills

That's anti egg-shills, not anti-egg shills.

Shells

>Meat and eggs however are proven to cause cancer
(You)

I have a better question. I want to start working out, but I also like weed. Can I smoke weed while working out and gain proper bulk?

you might try asking in the questions that don't deserve an answer thread

you should lift weights

>b...b...but muh eggs are harmful to you!
No, it's good for you. Pic fucking related. It's my recent blood test results. My doctor went berserk when I said I eat 6 a day. I told him that eggs are bad for you is nothing but a stupid meme. People confuse cause and effect on this bullshit.

Forgot to attach pic.

>Pic fucking related

>Forgets pic

Fuck how do you come back from something like this, and is there even a coming back?

I wonder why studies always involve more than one person. They should just take you and say "here's the answer, case closed."