Is a Ketogenic diet the best diet for losing weight?

Lardass here. I want to stop being a fat shit and would like to lose weight. I currently weight 230 and running will not fuck my knees, so that is not out of the question.

What are some good programs I can try to lose weight?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=v9Aw0P7GjHE
youtube.com/watch?v=YoA5yAvbN5U
twitter.com/AnonBabble

2 months of eat less move more in pic

Eat less move more is the only program that works.

Salt is bad for you and keto is retarded and will make you feel shit.

You should lift while you cut, I was at -1250 a day deficiet, slowed it down to -750 now.

Even at -1250 I made strength gains because I was so weak.

Carbs are fine, just get 1.3g/lb of bodyweight of protien, 20% calories from fat, rest carbs man

Keto will get you faster results but takes more willpower than anybody who is just starting to want to lose more weight has. Just regular low carb, however, might be easy enough for you.

Walk on an incline or use a bike or swim to get cardio that won't fuck your knees.

230 isn't too terrible a start if you're average height or more, you'll make it if you try.

>keto will get you faster results

No.

>takes willpower to not eat fucking carbs

No.

The reason why keto is horrible and why it shouldn't be done is because it's unhealthy, and the macros are horrid.

Not because you have """"willpower""" for following fucking horrible macros and eating butter and bacon

What was/is your height/weight in each pic? I'm on a cut as well, just trying to see how long it will take me to get where you are now.

193---> 173 5'10.5"

I don't think -1250 is ideal. Lots of people told me 'Just cut -500'

But man, fuck, I wanted to speed up the process.

I hope and pray I didn't lose too much muscle, because I ate a lot of protien, ate clean, and lifted.

The danger with eating at such a high deficit is that you apparently, lose muscle.

But my lifts went up. I don't feel like I lost muscle. I dunno.

I can justify it to myself as 'Well, the muscle you lost, you can get back since you can bulk for a longer time period'

Low/no carb is a faster diet than regular cutting, even accounting for what is obviously just water weight loss.

No. It's absolutely impractical, will most likely make you feel like shit, the cravings are super hard even for someone that wasn't fat and always eats healthy and you'll get fucking tired from eating the same damn shit again and again. Also since you're eating really caloric dense food, you don't eat alot which, even though you wont feel hungry, make the cravings even for normal stuff incredibly hard. So simply from a psychological perspective: Don't do it - 99% chance you will not be able to keep it up for longer periods of time.

Oh and it teaches very bad eating habits with muh cheat DAYS. Learn to eat healthy consistently, reduce the calories slowly and at most allow yourself a moderate (in terms of calories) cheat meal once in a while. That way, it will not only be more likely that you actually stick through, but that you'll keep the good eatings habits even after stopping the diet.

Read the sticky and stop shitting up the board

Mods need to ban illiterate shitposting retards like you much more often

>Salt is bad for you and keto is retarded and will make you feel shit.
> just get 1.3g/lb of bodyweight of protien

>I was at -1250 a day deficiet
What a way to waste your noobgains.

I made strength gains though. Fucking small gains, but at least I didn't get weaker.

Huh? Are you implying that like 200g of protein a day is bad for your kidneys? lol?

Citation that -500 deficiet of butter and bacon and salt is going to result in more weight loss than -500 of healthy oats, chicken breast, etc?

Yes and yes you faggot

Once you get into ketosis your body literally eats it's fat supplies. I dropped 30 lbs in 3 months doing Keto and IF. Do some research on it if you don't believe me. Do keto while you count your calories. You want to cut weight fast, this is the way. Cardio twice a week and weights 3x. You will shred FAST as long as your dedicated. FIRST COUPLE OF WEEKS EAT FAST FOOD AKA burgers with no bun. Then slowly ween off fast food for good and fill up on chicken breast, low carb shit, cheese and veggies.

What do to not feel like shit and drepressed on keto tho

>I dropped 30 lbs in 3 months doing Keto and IF
And you wouldn't have with simply reducing calories and eating healthy? If you can't answer this 100% positive, your anecdotal evidence is worthless gibberish.

>FIRST COUPLE OF WEEKS EAT FAST FOOD AKA burgers with no bun
People unironically believe this.

>Huh? Are you implying that like 200g of protein a day is bad for your kidneys? lol?
OP is a 230 lb dyel and you're suggesting he eats 300g protein a day

>burgers with no bun

So ground beef? Fucking lol.

>body eats its fat supplies

You lose fat at a deficiet no matter what.

>30lbs in 3 months

Ironically I also lost 30 lbs in 3 months eating carbs.

Regardless, who cares? Losing weight is simply a matter of eating less food and moving more.

This is not some difficult task. What we are discussing is how to preserve muscle on the cut.

And the ideal way to do that is to stick to the accepted and standard macros.

Anyways, we ran a fucking -1250 deficiet. That shit is retarded and why are we advising other people to do it?

I did it out of impatienence, and most likely, I paid the price in terms of muscle wasting

idk why you're acting like being impatient is something to be proud of

Oh shit I missed the fast food part.

What the fuck, why would you eat fast food. Is this bait?

If you want ground beef, fucking fry that shit up in a pan. Cheaper, easier, cleaner.

Still, it's an inferior source to chicken breast, I guess. I just prefer the taste, but I eat both

i'm a fat dyel too (u didn't see my pics?) , I just parrort shit I've heard because I'm also retarded

That said, that 1.3g a day really worked for me. I feel like I didn't lose that much muscle AND my lifts went up a little

Op I weighed exactly what you weigh when i started. been a while and a lot of hard work but im down now to 180.
Start simple by counting calories. 1500 a day.
Cut out majority of carbs, eat lean meats and eggs and protein shakes.
But count every calorie.
Run or hike (if near mountains).
Use a fitness tracker to determine how many calories you burn during exercise so you know how much you can eat after you workout.
But really just count calories and eat a lot of protein. And dont drink sugar shit, just water.

>I just parrort shit I've heard because I'm also retarded

the thing about diets, is that they don't work for everyone. what may work for someone may not work for another. keto isn't bad, and can be a means to an end. the key is to find something that works well for you, and for some it could be keto.

Low carb is considered under 100 a day. if you eat under 50 your body usually goes into keto. Buttt you can prevent keto by eating high amounts of protein as some excess protein can be converted into glycogen therefore preventing ketosis.

>hard work
>losing weight

lol man

>1500 a day

Are you 5'4? You can't eat below BMR man.

Also,

>1500
>meat
>eggs

You're gonna wanna kill yourself eating such calorie dense food like eggs and 1500 calories a day, just eat vegtables for carbs and meat for protien + fat and oats for carbs

No. high protein, low carb.
weight loss is weight loss but its WHAT you're losing, With keto you can lose a lot of muscle. High amounts of protein reduce muscle loss on calorie defects

>eggs
>calorie dense
like 80 calories an egg? lmao

>With keto you can lose a lot of muscle.

Yeah I'm glad we're in agreement at the end of the day

Daily reminder keto fags:

>5 eggs with ..5 tbsp of butter for breakfast with smoked salmon and cream cheese
>protein shake with some real cheese for lunch
>greek yogurt for snack
>EIther fresh salmon or chicken breast for dinner with fresh broccoli
Run about 20 minutes a day for deficit.
What I've eaten today, 1500 calories.
No urge to die
>tfw I love life

If you eat like a person in the developed world you have some degree of insulin resistance. What keto allows to eat reduces this factor. It is not the only method, intermittent fasting which is really skipping breakfast will achieve as well.

Yo, I eat 1500-1600 a day. Lots of fruit, veg, whole grain bread, oats, yogurt, lean meat, fish, eggs. Been doing it for just under 4 months now. 6"1 male, started at 275lbs, now 220lbs (so -55lbs). I row/bike for 40min 3-4x a week. 600-700 calorie lunch, 800-1000 calorie dinner. Feels good man.

>If you eat like a person in the developed world
Meaning?

Abundant simple carbs and not working like a peasant to expend them.

If you want to hate your life for 2 weeks, run PSMF, shit sucks but I am dropping lbs without trying. RIP your motivation to do anything though.

dude, break up the meals more, 2 meals a day is too much and its very hard for the body to digest 1000 calories at a single time, eat breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner. make the snacks just small things like muesli bars or whatever but you will feel alot better and energized throughout the day. dont starve your body or u will lose your muscle weight

keep going bro, i went from 240 to 175. Feels amazing.
Im litterally high on life going from feeling how I did to how I feel now. You'll get there you just have you keep working for it and NEVER slip up.
Try low carb, high protein. Cut out breads and shit and eat a lot of eggs, meats and drink tons of water. you'll start to feel the difference quick. You litterally feel healthier and its an amazing feeling.

Shrug. It works for me. I get up around 11-noon cause I am NEET. Eat my lunch right around 12-1pm. Exercise 1-2pm or w/e. Eat dinner right around 6pm. Go to bed at 2am. So it sorta works out like I'm skipping dinner. I went to bed hungry for the first week or two, but now I don't even get hungry til noon the next day. I like only eating twice. I like a bigger meal with lots of bulk (ie. vegetables) so I can feel full for dinner. I don't want to be sporadically eating throughout the day and feeling like I'm on the cusp on being hungry. After a couple weeks you adapt to it. I feel energized throughout the day and feel so freaking good after rowing for 40-60min. Probably something like runner's high. It's kinda addicting.

Anyway, like I said, ~4months and 55lbs down so far. But I'm still a fat donkey at 220lbs. Need to lose another 50 or so.

Thanks user. I feel a lot better already. Just the exercise has helped tremendously. I love to have a huge cup of matcha green tea before I row and I feel so fucking great and energized during/afterward. Probably what runner's high feels like.

Nice progress man, I'm really happy for you!

I disagree that keto is full-on retarded though. Low carbs (although not keto level) are what keep me going through a cut. Seriously though, the more carbs I get, the hungrier I feel, even when not on a ketogenic diet.

I usually eat under 100g carbs a day and I get as much of that as I can from fiber. 1.3g/lb of protein is complete overkill. The real number is ~0.82g per lean body weight.

PSMF isn't even useful if you're gonna be cutting for a long period of time anyway. Your freak out your body so much after doing PSMF that Lyle tells you to take it easy for a while. I'm pretty sure that if you did less extreme of a cut, the time saved not recovering from PSMF, you could use to cut further.

So I don't think PSMF is worth it, compounded with the fact that you feel like shit.

fix your mental health

what is intermittent fasting

It's funny, i was about to post a thread.

I started Lifting heavy back in August at 270 lbs, i plateaued at 250 lbs for like 3 weeks, was putting on muscle fine but not losing any noticible fat. so mid OCT i started Keto diet lost another 20 lbs. I'm at like 229.5 today. Keto definitely helps with fat loss but when i started the diet i could not get my ass to lift weights, theres little to no energy even though my body is Turning the fat into Ketones. You'll slow the lifting up but youll lose the fat way faster. once you get to a weight you like just introduce healthy carbs and Lift hard and gain the weight back in muscle. At least thats what i plan to do. The results are amazing to go from 270 to 230. Im trying to get down to 200 or 190 and do what i said. right no though i simply do not have the energy to Lift, squat, bench or anything more than a plate. Hungry 24/7 and just constantly drained.

youtube.com/watch?v=v9Aw0P7GjHE

Cyclical Ketogenic diet with fasting is best for body composition.

youtube.com/watch?v=YoA5yAvbN5U

Don't listen to the broscientist on fit. People here a noobs

so much brosience in the 2 link..

I lost 40 pounds in a few months, then went back to my previous diet and gaind
Ed it all back in a year. I can't recommend the diet because of that. Now I do just low carb on most days and hit the gym 3 times a week for an hour. I think keto fucks up your metabolism and lends to to gain weight quickly in the future. Also it made me get stretch marks like a bitch when i got fat again.

>keto for 3 months
>increased vascularity but weight plateaus

>go back on carbs and do cardio
>3lbs lost in a month

You shouldn't start with keto. keto is fine if you want to get shredded when you are already in shape.