Alright, Veeky Forums, whats the scoop on ankle/wrist weights? Are they effective...

Alright, Veeky Forums, whats the scoop on ankle/wrist weights? Are they effective? Would I get much use out of it if I just wore them about my every day life?
Why do they never get discussed?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=u6EH9Gkv4hI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

1. Read the sticky newfag
2. Life isn't anime so stop thinking it is

So a thread about losing weight while skateboarding is a-ok but an actual piece of weight equipment is not? Regarding the image in use, yes it is a cartoon, but the real world representation in it is clear.
In other words, fuck off, retard

My bad

Please wear a bunch of weighted equipment and punch and kick the air like your hero Goku and expect to get huge

REEEEEEEE REEEEEEEEE ANIME IS REAL REEEEEEE

fuck you, skateboarding is rad

Alright "real world representation" is worded improperly, but you're sitting there saying strapping 10+ pounds of weight to your limbs while running or going about your day does jack all for shit without considering the consequences of said actions.
Instead you nitpick about an image used for visual representation? Why I thought this board would be populated with semi competent conversationalists at 2:30 in the morning is my fault apparently

I'd rather just go sprinting or biking desu, but beyond the stigma of it being a teenager thing I guess it's alright

Its not your image that made me think that (though it helped), but I know whenever a faggot talks about limb weights, they watch DBZ and think Goku's training will help them.

But for the answer you want:
If you pretend to play Goku, your joints are going to be all kinds of fucked up. Now read the sticky or fuck off back to what I assume is /b/

OP, you are not really sure what you are asking. You just say 'effective.' Effective for what exactly?

>gaining muscle mass
not effective
>gaining strength
not effective after the first week
>gaining cardiovascular endurance
not effective
>getting used to day-to-day activities whilst wearing ankle/wrist weights
probably extremely effective

In fact I wouldn't be surprised if they aggravated your joints, especially your rotator cuffs.

>Why I thought this board would be populated with semi competent conversationalists at 2:30 in the morning is my fault apparently

It wouldn't do much, ankle and wrist weights are a meme mostly from animes.
It would just put unnecessary strain on your joints and back, you can compare it with just gaining 10 kg of fat. Just spend 45 mins 3x a week in a gym instead of trying shit memes.

You can wear it but move very slow. Slower than your usual. Also try bowling with it.

I used to go running with a heavy backpack and ankle weights when I was about 19.

After a while my lower back became so fucking painful that I didn't do any proper exercise for about a year, because it was constantly on fire and I didn't know what to do.

I went to have a massage on it a couple of times and the dude discovered that my gluten were absolutely locked out and that's what was causing it.

Nowdays I get lower back pain extremely easily and it's always directly related to either my ass or my legs. I stretch myself a lot, almost every day and that keeps the pain at bay.

I'm a cyclist though so I have extremely disproportionate strength in my legs compared to my upper body.

*glutes

The sticky really does have all they answers to miscellaneous questions

Let's observe fat people for a second. They carry around some 100+ ponds of weight on their legs every day if they'd ever walk. And when they do walk, it's short bursts of high effort followed by very long rests.
Over time, assuming they don't lose weight, they'd be able to stand for longer times, which would mean they're gaining muscle mass, correct?
This isn't subject to their legs either as their arms carry a significant amount of extra weight as well, and swinging them around causes centrifugal force causing more weight... So on.

So just on the surface observation, minus joint stress, having limb weights would appear to help cause muscle gain over longer workout periods (the day) rather than burst training for an hour in a gym.

minus everything you just said, it makes sense

Alright, so counter-points, then

Just think about what you are saying. Just try to think about it. You should be able to argue yourself out of what you just said

>Alright, Veeky Forums, whats the scoop on ankle/wrist weights?

Great way to give yourself overuse injuries.

>Are they effective?

At injuring yourself, kind of. Not as effective or as fun as rugby, however.

They are good for literally nothing else.

>Would I get much use out of it if I just wore them about my every day life?

Only if you could find use from chronic injuries.

>Why do they never get discussed?

Because most people on Veeky Forums aren't nearly as stupid as you

>My perception of reality is formed by Animes
>I want to and behave my favourite Animu character

Be honest OP. Do you run like this?

You're probably right, but there's a significantly larger amount of people more knowledgeable than myself, thus thread

How are the injury risks compared to regular weight lifting and running? Is it a statistically significant difference? Does limb weights produce significantly less results/effort than regular training?

Hasn't read the thread: the post

No, I saw an Amazon deal a while ago and I just started thinking about this stuff as an afterthought

It's gnarly you hoser

OP, you seem like you are genuinely seeking information. However, you also seem to know nothing about tried and true practices in physical exercise, whether it is weight training or running or sport or what have you. I suggest you read the sticky, then come back and ask questions. The information you want is generic and has been written a thousand thousand times.

Pretty spot on, but have been here a bit and read the sticky which makes no mention of limb weights. After seeing an Amazon deal it sparked a bit of curiosity and instead of Google searching, which I just did, I asked Veeky Forums instead looking for a conversation piece. Plus it's really fucking early in the morning and I'm not thinking straight.
We can sage the thread now

Would using small wrist weights be good for increasing the weight on dumbbell exercises?

Sure if you find it easier than just getting bigger dumbbells.

I used to do this when I was around 10 and was really into running/sprinting. I would strap little 5lb ankle weights to me. The only thing I really noticed is that after I ran with them on for an hour I felt super light for like 1 minute.... And then it went back do normal.

Same thing but for wrist weights and punching.

Fuck can you hit hard with weights on your wrists.

> why do they never get discussed?

They do, you're just not here to read them

if you managed to find weights that didn't interfere with your normal range of motion it would only train your muscles in endurance because of the small amount of weight and high amount of stress it would put on your stabilization muscles.

Whoah, OP truly is a faggot.

>he thinks anime is real life

did he loosen up your glutes?

>Would I get much use out of it if I just wore them about my every day life?
If you wore weights everyday like rock lee or piccolo your joints would be completely fucked after a few weeks.

it would be more effective to just train in 100x gravity

Could you use some form of weighted clothing that spreads it fairly evenly throughout your body to avoid ruining your joints?

Theoretically the calf gains would be insane, like an ex-fatty's

youtube.com/watch?v=u6EH9Gkv4hI

>not wearing 250lbs of weighted clothes every day

it's like you don't even want to be a saiyan

rip joints

Why does Goku sound like a fucking 9year-old girl?

miniscule muscle growth more like. The whole point of weightlifting is to lift heavy enough and fast enough that it tears and breaks your muscles down and then they repair and grow stronger and bigger.

For limb weights to be effective you shouldnt be able to move your limbs after 5 mins, if its any lighter than that then it wont have any effect adn will just strain your body and joints. Not only that but if you can wear them throughout the day (6 or 7 hours) then its light enough that it will have 0 effect on your body.

I think he was supposed to be like 15 or something in this episode

>In the Dragon Ball franchise, she voices Goku in both child and adult and every biological male relative of his (Bardock, Gohan, Future Gohan, Goten, and Goku Jr.), except for Raditz.

Even if so. No 15year-old sounds so girlish. Especially not some high-test saiyan.

B-but why though?

If you want to build muscle you don't want to be in a constant state of lifting. You want to lift heavy for a short period and then you want to rest.

they are good as cheap microplates

i use them only for weighted dips, i don't like wearing the belt and i add 22lbs each leg and do 7 to 9 reps on my dips, better than having a 45lbs pl8 between my legs

He literally fisted my ass with his lubed up fist so hard that I had to yell from pain.

He did it to me a couple of times untill I learnt to do the trick myself.

Because real 15 year olds are awkward as fuck. Getting an experienced female voice actor to act the voiced of high pitched boys, makes the characters more beliveable and relateable for the target audience.

No but why does she voice all the male adult characters. It makes sense for the children but for the adults it just makes them sound retarded.