So I have found out why I am short, cannot gain flexibility at all in my legs no matter how much I stretch or foam roll...

So I have found out why I am short, cannot gain flexibility at all in my legs no matter how much I stretch or foam roll, and why I walk like a retard unless I consciously try very hard not to. I have cerebral palsy apparently... Just found out today. It's minor which is why I am only mildly fucked up.

I am pretty sure I have the kind that only affects my legs and not my arms, because I can type extremely precisely, am very good at spamming tech skill in fighting video games (lol), and have played the piano at a pretty good level.

Does this mean I can never gain flexibility because of the cerebral palsy? Surely something neurological can't fuck up your muscles in this way?

I have fucked up, slurred and quiet speech too. Does anyone have general tips for this kind of shit?

I am not a severe case that's wheelchair-bound or completely disabled. Just fucked up in non-obvious ways.

It is minor enough that I can "force" myself to counteract it if I try very hard, but whenever I am not paying attention the symptoms take over. As in retarded walking posture (scissor gait), slurred and quiet speech (people always have to ask me to repeat what I am saying unless I am exerting a lot of conscious effort to speak clearly), etc..

Kinda fucked. Talk to doc. Occupational therapy can give you tips for overcoming some of the issues. Keep working at it.

Moral question here, would you guys look down upon someone with cerebral palsy taking steroids to compensate? Because I found out I was low testosterone through bloodwork because I felt like shit all the time and had 0 gains, and started using them due to that.

I only now realize, that I have deficient hormones because of the damage my brain (and my pituitary gland) suffered at birth... I had 197ng/dl testosterone, which is half that of old men apparently, and 1/4 that of average young men...

Check out Wade the cerebral palsy suffering bber. He turned pro recently.

No one gives a fuck everyone looks down on you anyway because you walk and talk fucking stupid
Just watch breaking bad, everyone fucking hated junior and that is how we see you

Cerebral Palsy is a shitty excuse thought up by people who need to man the fuck up about how much lifting doesn't feel like a blowjob in a jacuzzi.

edge

Wow i am not even 1/100 as bad as he is damn.

Low-test weaksauce.

Hey op i studied speech therapy for a bit. I'd recommend you go get some if you can. In the meantime I'll look up my cerebral palsy resources give me 1 second.

Ok I can't access it atm but occupational therapy, physiotherapy and speech therapy will all help you. Do you have the money to get that? You may be able to find a speech therapist that will do sessions remotely over skype which could make it cheaper.

I'll look into it all, fuck.

If you can't get consistent physical therapy I would suggest getting into martial arts as a form of consistent therapy.

Also it takes a year to become legitimately more flexible then you were when you started stretching. Tendons, fascia, and shit take hundreds of days to permanently increase flexibility so consistency and not being too mentally hard on yourself is key.

I have heard dance can be useful for retaining or increasing dexterity and balance in the legs at least in Parkinson's disease and stroke.

If you can manage to be pretty normal when focusing hard, getting into a physical hobby with rhythm and music which you enjoy may make it easier.

For the speech problems you could try singing, it is useful in other speech therapy such as stuttering, may allow you to gain more confidence and increase the volume and technical proficiency of your vocal cords/lungs.

>Just watch breaking bad, everyone fucking hated junior and that is how we see you
Junior was a literal Chad with lots of friends and a gf.

I am "normal" looking by all means. no one would ever guess i have it. It's just specifically I walk a bit weird and talk unclearly + quietly if i don't concentrate on it.

I have insanely good balance somehow too, I can do headstands and stuff without walls. Excellent coordination and dexterity in general too.

It's mainly the neurological symptoms that are affecting me honestly, besides the very specific physical manifestations in that I walk weird and talk weird unless I try not to. Even the talking is becoming a very rare occurrence since I sort of "gave myself" speech therapy and practiced it until I instinctively talk normal. It still slips out on occasion though.

You sure you have cerebral palsy? My symptoms sound pretty similar but I've just put it down to anxiety and overthinking from smoking weed

I've seen the documents from when i was a baby that officially diagnosed me with it from imaging of my brain, so yeah

>self diagnosis
Fucking autist.

Wait, did you actually get diagnosed with it or are another, self-diagnosing faggot?
If you actually got diagnosed - sorry to hear it. Good thing that you were mostly spared from the more serious forms.
>Surely something neurological can't fuck up your muscles in this way?

That's wrong. Neurological disorders are what takes away normal muscle function, often completely. You need medical support to help you deal with this problem.

Then, as you know, you have brain damage. Luckily, it isn't serious, but still makes some tasks harder.
Physiotherapy can help you regarding the movements. There's also speech therapy.
Good luck.

That sucks man sorry to hear that. Why have you only just found out?

my mother didn't want to tell me until i was old enough

I saw a pic similar to this describing transgenders
now I really know it's degenerative