Who here /started lifting recently and 2017 will be the year of gains/?

who here /started lifting recently and 2017 will be the year of gains/?

fuck off new year resolution fag

I started in August

Started August 13 gained 25lbs since then
aiming for another 20 before the same day August 2017

Started Sheiko recently, expect big gains and to no longer be a twink shit soon

May the gains be with you, augustbro

would you be able to specify what gains? as i seem to remember there seems to be an undefined type of gains that might to my recollection be hypothesized into some kind of abstract definition of gains one type of gains that may in al actuality typically would be able to quantify itself by an infinite quantifyety?

Started may this year. Currently 135/200/265/315x5 and about to start a cut to lose my love handles and start a lean bulk afterwards. I just don't know if I should stick with 3x5 for my main lifts or if I should up the volume and lower the intensity. Can you make gains during a cut by using different rep schemes than you usually do to give the muscles a new stimulus they aren't used to yet?

keep lifting and eating the same way you would usually do and use cardio to create a caloric deficit
work for me

I started lifting 1.5 times a week in June. Despite the low frequency, I've been able to increase my OHP from 20 lbs (weak I know) to 100 and my Lat Pulldown from 100 to 170 lbs. I hope to be pressing and pulling in the 200s for both by year end 2017.

>tfw gained almost 20lb but don't look that different from when I first started

my lifts are still really weak so that's maybe why?

70lb ohp
105lb bench
175lb squat
240lb deadlift

started at 130lb, almost at 150 now, I don't know what goals to set realistically, I thought I could get a 1pl8 bench by the end of the year but i'm far from getting there, thought I could get a 90lb ohp by the end of the year too but I just couldn't, why am i so weak

When did you start?

Feb 2017 will be my 2nd anniversary of lifting. I still feel like I just started.

late august, starting stats were

barely the bar for ohp
barely the bar for bench
bar for squat
90lb for deadlift

my progress feels really slow even though i've gained a decent amount of weight, i'm still skelly

Just started lifting back in April and hurt my lumber disc bulged them does it take time to heal.

wtf is this

Are you on roids? How the fuck can you increase your lat pull down from 100 to 170 by lifting only 1.5 times a week (how the fuck do you work out 1 and a half times?)?? Are you talking 1 rep max or what?

Sounds like pretty solid progress, especially considering your bodyweight. I've been using weights since january, and my stats are:
130lbs OHP
205lbs bench
205 squat
250lbs deadlift

And I'm much heavier than you are.
Don't sweat the progress. Lifting is a marathon, not a sprint. You'll get there.

I hope you're joking. See picture.

I started at 100 lbs and add about 2.5 lbs every workout.

Each workout has a 3 worksets of 5 reps.

I don't track warm up sets.

thanks man, we're all gonna make it

Whoops, miscalculated my DL, it's 270lbs, not 250. Still, my point remains the same. In a year from now, I bet you'll barely recognize your body.

My primary goals involve pull-ups and handstand push-ups.

Since I weigh about 200 lbs, I figured I could use barbell progressive overload to gain the needed strength without overtaxing my joints.

I've been working out longer than that, 5 days a week and haven't hit 170 yet, wtf

how does one lift 1.5 times?

>5days a week as a beginner

no wonder you are making no progress your intensity is most likely shit.

are you fucking retarded or something? who the fuck told you that you need to work out less when you start?

>tfw squat higher than deadlift

Squat-315
Deadlift-275

Its all because my deadlift form always sucked

Here
Started last june, I'm gonna make sure I can diddylift 4 plates by this time next year

Bump

Due to my goals, Lat Pulldown is my primary lift. Almost all workouts begin with Lat Pulldown which alone takes 30 minutes.

Warmup (1 set of 5 reps each):

50, 75, 100, 125, 150...

Then three worksets of five reps with 5 minutes of rest in between each set.

I am essentially applying the starting strength philosophy to the Lat Pulldown.

Looks like it is closer to 1.25 times due to recently being sick. I mostly workout on the weekend and on week days occasionally.

Started mid this June
Felt like I've made fuckall progress
OHP: 55 -> 115
Bench: 65 -> 145
Squat: 105 -> 230
Deadlift: 125 -> 285, though I managed 1 rep of 315

one must imagine sisyphus happy

W-what are your goals user

Not a beginner - PPL+core and another push day.

I do 3x12 generally, except when I'm trying to increase strength or max lifts. My main focus is chest which my 1 rep max is 205 and I do 4x4-5 time under tension.

Just haven't really focused on my back as much, but I still train it once-twice a week depending. Don't know how you can increase your strength so fast just training once a week.

>all these people making progress but saying they haven't made progress

are you all fucking retarded?

EVERYONE IN THIS THREAD, REMEMBER THE DAY
1/2/3/4
BEFORE 31st OF MAY!

except comparing lat pulldowns is a bullshit.

I had one friend who was bragging he could rep his bodyweight on lat pulldown, then he came to my gym and he could only do a third pin...

They are machines, you can't be saying you are lat pulling 120 kg because you dont know how many kg is there, they could put anything...

My short term goals are:

5 reps of pull-ups
5 reps of handstand push-ups

I think I will have the pull-ups in 3 more months at my current pace.

The handstand push-ups will take a year or so.

Long term, I would like to do one arm push-ups and pull-ups.

I've been prioritizing vertical pushing and pulling since I was pretty weak to start. Once my OHP hits 140 lbs, I plan on adding in some horizontal work.

I weigh 200 lbs, so I figure I will need that much pushing and pulling force for pull-ups and handstand push-ups.

Based on a 70% rule of thumb, push-ups are 140 lbs of resistance at the bottom.

Fuck I'm gonna need to start cutting again in 2017. Cut from 185 to 165 and now I'm back up to 175 because I stopped giving a shit. Cutting sucks famalam

I own my own Lat Pulldown machine which can be loaded with standard plates.

My machine is very basic, so the pullies only change the direction of force. The weight is still the weight of the plates.

i feel like this is the year of /giving a healthy amount of fucks about lifting/

>3 days a week, 3 meals a day, mostly meat and veg

i'm in my final year of Engineering and i'm happy with the body i've made so far.
I've found lately that my more shredded mates have issues with women due to their height or fucking assholeish personality, where I've never really struggled simply because i'm 6'1 and a friendly boy

Not trying to make manlets feel bad or anything, just explaining that lifting, for me, was never about women.

something for ya'll to maybe reflect on, idk
end blogpost.

I can lift half that, what program do I do to get there in 5 months?

Do starting strength without the cleans. You should be able to get their in 5-6 months.

this actually really inspired im a bit behind you with the weights but still nice to see each of us progressing :)

>Start in august 2013
> Put on 15lbs (only)

Whew

Started in July mid July. Clean bulked and gained 15 lbs. Hopefully I'll gain at least another 15 by July 2017

bookmarking this thread, don't any of you fucking DARE give up

Are those for sets of 5?

I was doing roughly those numbers for sets of 5 after 4 months, and my bodyweight went 135 to 139lbs in that time.

Started SS at the beginning of last year, put on a lot of weight the 6 months I did it and was making good progress, then instead of moving onto a bodybuilding routine I tapered off and just did bodyweight and martial arts stuff. I'm getting back into lifting now with a good otter mode base, just need to find a routine which requires limited equipment because all I have right now is a bench, barbell and dumbbells.

Beginning of THIS year*

>not starting off with 60 lbs of extra fat like me
>not cutting calories like me

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Started lifting last september (2015) at around 120lbs bodyweight. Benched the bar, squatted 75lbs, and didnt deadlift.

Now I'm at 300lbs squat, 205lbs bench, and 365lbs deadlift at 170lbs bw.

2017 will be the fucking year of the gains

Quality > Quantity

Also august bro here, didn't monitor my diet closely enough when I started and I don't think I
could have made as much gains as I could have

all lbs 3x5 except dl at 1x5
ohp 60 -> 100
bench 75 -> 135
squat 95 ->195
deadlift 115 -> 215

I started lifting in July and it's been good. Lost like 25 pounds so far and gained a good amount of muscle. This past month I've been stuffing myself as full as I possibly can and only went to the gym like 8 times because my mom passed away at only 49 and it's got me really fucked up. I know she'd want me to be healthy though and I'm going to take this immense pain and burn it as fuel for my journey.

2017 will be the year of gains. Love you mom.

started sept 1 2016 and im fucking ready for 2017

2016 was shitty and 2017 might be shitty too but im not gonna let that get to me

we are all gonna make it and i might just make it as well

I did vinces 1+1 for skinny guys

ohp 40lbx4 to 65 7x7
Bench 85lbx4 to 135 7x7
squat bar to135 7x7
deadlift 95lbx4 to 205 7x7

No idea what maxes are.

>50 bench
>60 squat
>80 dl
>20 ohp

literally just started sup fuccbois

Started in October, am a former fatty on a big deficit to lose all that fat and my lifts are weak as fuck but I'm still doing them.

(all in pounds)
September:
bodyweight 230
OHP 45
Bench 45
Squat 45
Dead 65

Now:
bodyweight 208
OHP 65
Bench 95
Squat 145
Dead 185

I can't fucking wait until I can actually eat food and build muscle.

i will return with gains mark my words we're all gonna make it. Also bookmarking

I have pretty bad fuckarounditis so I don't know when I "started". October maybe?

OHP: 55
BP: 60
SQUAT: 85
DL: 115

is there still hope?

You'll get there breh, took me awhile to get to 140 ohp, even though it's not impressive feels good to me man.

Started in March but my school gym is really pussy, not allowed to do OHP, no bench press or deadlift till age 16 (I'm 15), and they've finally let me start front squat (I was doing dumbbell squats to the bench up till now). The plan they give you is mainly TRX, chin-ups, plank, Bulgarians with DBs + DB squat to bench. Haven't really been eating at big surplus and been doing cardio so I haven't made gains. I plan to start going to a commercial gym so I can do actual weightlifting and make gains.

>tfw you realize when you're on Veeky Forums you're discussing weightlifting with underage retards

Are you a fatty?
If not, why not do weighted pullups?

Started in April, let myself get go and was down to 112 lbs at 5'9, but progress so far has really kind of blown my mind.

Started at
OHP: Bar
BP: 80
SQUAT: 110
DL: 100

Now
OHP: 140
BP: 175
SQUAT: 250
DL: 235

Currently sitting at 140 lbs, but aesthetically I still haven't changed all that much and am still noticeably skinny. All I need to do is just get this fucking eating a shit ton down, I want to explode in 2017 in both strength and physique. Fucking tired of being weak and small.

Increasing lat pulldown strength by 2.5 lbs a workout is easier than increasing weighted pull ups.

My options are:

A. Do what is working - add 2.5 lbs a workout

B. Experiment with negatives and bands

Option A provides a more controllable stimulus.

Consider that many people prefer to do bench press over weighted push ups...

start tomorrow you lazy shit

Septembro here. I've lifted a few years ago but just got back into it. My body and the weights are heavier than they've ever been but got a long way to go. 3 months in and gained 15 lbs in the first month and a half, after my diet stabilized I'm gaining slower but it's less fat and more muscle than the initial gains.

1 year lifting coming up soon. Progress hasn't been great due to real life shit, but I'm happy with what I've accomplished. I'm in a much better place now than a year ago, and I'm looking forward to what I'll accomplish next year.

Starting:
150 lb, lifts 65/125/95/155x5

Currently:
165 lb, 135/205/255/275x5

Deadlift progress has been bullshit. Been stuck at 265-275 for like half a year. At one point I tried to bulk, weight went up to 190 lb, looked fat as shit, lifts barely moved. I've learned that, for me at least, 3x5 training doesn't work. I need high volume for results.

I've learned a lot. Hoping to hit 145/225/275/315x5 at some point this year.

july july july july july

Love you user, hope it goes well for you

I started a year ago, but I had bad form and not enough sleep. After a month I had to deload like every 2 weeks, so there wasn't any progress. Then my shoulder started clicking and hurting, so I've been out of the gym for the past 6 fucking months. Been doing rehab exercises the past month, but nothing's changing.

I'm going to wait a few more weeks, then just fuck it and lift again.

Do not do that you'll injury yourself just like I did with my shoulder and back after saying Fuck it. It may take time but you have your whole life to lift you could possibly do more damage

Started last October, just started my second year of lifting. Bulked last year, cutting this year. Trying to get aesthetic nomsayin. My goal is to get to 2 plate bench and 1 plate squat by next year December.

LIfted from Apr-Jul, life happened so i stopped, picked back up last week of Oct until today (basically 5 months of lifting). Taking a two week break for the holidays, Then starting new routine for the new year.

Apr:
205 lbs
DL; 90#
Squat: 90#
Bench: 20# DB
OHP: 20# DB

This week
Still 205
DL: hit 315 for 2, still had steam, could have hit 5
Squat: 275 for 2
Bench: 175 (BB)
OHP: 105 (BB)

I'm pretty fucking happy with my strength, but i still don't look muscular. Planning on cutting 20lbs then bulking from there.

I'd love to hear opinions on how i'm progressing

2017 will be the year of shreds

i've been like for like 2.5yrs went from obese to built-swole mode.

i've gotten to 435/305/515/185 s/b/d/ohp at 19 yrs old and want to finish leaning out now

wish me luck brehs

>i've been like

lifting**

>what is a mathematical average

u srs rn bro?

Hoping for serious noob gains.

Started a month ago. Current stats are 80/105/140/195. What would be a realistic but aggressive goal for each lift by this time next year? Currently 6'3", 235. Cutting my way down to as close to 200 as possible.

i frankly dont believe you

Novemfag here

started:
>30 kg squat
>25kg ohp
>25kg bench
>40kg diddly

now:
>80 kg squat
>95kg diddly
>37.5kg ohp
>50kg bench

am i gonna make it

my bad ohp was 15kg

>started in September with a friend in college
>pretty sure most people know me somehow
>due to circumstances can't go to gym till January
>Dont want to lose gains, mom offers guest pass for her gym at her yoga place
>Dont want to go and be judged as a resolution faggot

When is it safe to go?I thinkingof going to my College gym soon as and Moms gym in February

Started in October of 2014, hoping 2017 will be the year the gains train finally rolls in and I hit 3/4/5/6

Let's do it lads

too late too early

this is why sports should be MANDATORY in high school

grown men should not be this weak goddamnit, start working my niggra.

Cut, Bulk, or kill myself?

Since you have to cut first, it's hard to say. In a year from now, you should be able to hit 150/240/270/315, depending on your luck and dedication.

We're all gonna make it.

>tfw only gained 4,5kg since september

you should lift

I was a nyr fag last year. Did ss all year. Fuck rippletoe.

Time for aesthetics

been lifting very on-and-off since July, but started doing SL 5x5 properly about 1 and a half months ago

currently

87kg
6ft 2

squat 100kg
bench 67.5kg
ohp 45kg
deadlift 130kg
pendlay row 52.5kg

my plans are

- cut in the new year as I have some bodyfat to lose

realistic to hit 1/2/3/4 by the end of 2017?

The largest difference is your deadlift, where you'd have to add 50kg in a year. That's less than 5kg a month. If your progress is solid, then yeah, that's definitely possible.