When did you realize Rippetoe and his training methods are a meme perpetuated by beginners on the internet?

When did you realize Rippetoe and his training methods are a meme perpetuated by beginners on the internet?

It's not a meme. Starting strength is an ideal routine to get strong.

If your goal is to look good, yeah, it's a fucking joke. Almost sarcasm really.

But rippletits wrote the book as a guide to... strength.

And it works. It makes you... strong.

The problem is literal downies trying to do a strength routine to look like a bodybuilder that does high rep range (8-12) high volume routines

It's a weightlifting routine therefore has little to nothing in common with aesthetics or bodybuilding. It makes you strong in 3-4 exercises and increases your overall strength. Nothing more. The real meme is Veeky Forums sticky which shills SS so hard.

It's objectively than reg parks beginners and greyskull

I agree with everythign that was posted.

Whats also true, is that an SS can still be appropriate for beginners who have mainly aesthetic goals. Just with some modifications.

Like, after a week or two of learning technique on 3x5s, change the reps to a 2-3x5 (still doing your LP), but after strip the weights down a bit and do 2-3 sets of 6-10 reps. More volume, higher reps, more growth.

The inclusion of other excercises is definitely neccesary as well. I would definitely include pulldowns/chinups/pullups and some for of rowing. Can be alternated each workout. If you're going to deadlift, do them after. Arm work and things like that are fine too.

Pretty much just SS with some backoff sets after your main sets and accesories. Would work very well as a good introduction to lifting, and you will make decent strength gains and get decnet muscle growth as well. Good for your first 3-6 months. Then move on to a program for what you want to do.

These, if you want to improve your bodybuilding gains you need good strength gains Everybody and their mother has a 12 week PPL hypertrophy routine, to get the most out of it it's a pretty good idea to do a strength training routine first.

You are supposed to do SS for a few months.
Nobody gets aesthetic in a few months.
But you can get very strong in a few months.
Also, aesthetics are mostly just low bodyfat.
And low bodyfat is mostly diet.
What you do in the gym accounts for maybe 10-20% of how you look.
If you want to be aesthetic, cut to

been working for me desu

LOL

Doesn't matter if it is a meme, 99% of beginners on Veeky Forums now will have stopped lifting six months from now anyway.

>Starting strength is an ideal routine to get strong.
Hahahaha.

No.

SS=Noob gains with better marketing. Squats and deads will rise by themselves anyway and all people on SS have horrible upper body stats. I vividly remember the "I can bench 70lbs now go me!" posts.

>what I expected
>expected to become an elite world class lifter on roids in 4 months
>it didn't happen
whoop dee fucking doo, son.

When did you realize Starting Strength is a meme was a meme.

I do Reg Parks which is basically SS with accessories for upper body and it's working alright.

No matter how heavy weight I have put, it always takes me to finish main SS routine in no more then 30 minutes, and after doing 10 minutes of cardio I can hardly feel any fatigue in my muscles the next day. Should I start doing what this user says?

t. third week of SS

if you lifted for more than 6 months you'd know that "aesthetics" is impossible without getting strong

the FASTER you get STRONG, the FASTER you get AESTHETIC

the people you think look good lift 10x heavier than you do and that's why they look like that and you don't

>manlet

JUST BECAUSE STRENGTH IS A BY BYPRODUCT OF TRAINING FOR AESTHETICS DOESN'T MEAN YOU SHOULD TRAIN PRIMARILY FOR STRENGTH YOU FUCKIN MONGALOID

anyone who trains for aesthetics ALSO trains for strength, albeit at a slower rate than pure strength training
they are two inseperable concepts, an aesthetic body is a byproduct of a certain level of strength
you are far from that level of strength

but go ahead, keep curling your 10lbs, see where it gets you

>but go ahead, keep curling your 10lbs, see where it gets you

HURR DURR TRAINING FOR AESTHETICS MEANS NEVER INCREASING THE WEIGHT

stfu skinnyfat pseudo powerlifter

ah sorry
15lbs

This person is the only person who gets it ITT.

Low bf is what gets you aesthetic. "Hypertrophy" is fucking meme science pushed by roiders who look good regardless of what their rep range is.

>"Hypertrophy" is fucking meme

Ok carry on believing that OHP is all you need for juicy shoulders and that squats and deadlifts are enough for abs

You're not doing heavy weight yet then. Keep doing your linear progression, once you squat 220, deadlift 300 and bench 180 you'll be wasted and need 5 minutes between each set

Carry on believing "isolation" 1.25kg x 50 bro split faggotry while natty will make you look like Zyzz (a self admitted roider)

It's ironic that people call SS noob when the biggest noobs are faggots who believe this bro science anti info bullshit.

a bro is just starting out, using a routine very similar to SS (squat/bench/row on one day, then deadlift/ohp/pullups on the other). he says it's more fun than following my push/pull "routine" (i basically do whatever i feel like, as long as it's either pushing or pulling) and i'm sure he will make some decent gains. might report back in a few months, but i might as well not, because who cares. in the end, it's all about what makes you happy. as long as you're happy, you'll keep at it and make gains.

juicy shoulders and abs are literally all genetic. i've tried a shitton of different exercises for shoulders and they're still only average, while my abs have always looked good, despite never working them directly, only squats/deads and weighted pullups

>220lbs squat
>heavy
wat

3x a week it is

okay i have to admit i never squatted that frequently. but especially when you squatting 3x/week, 2plate should be cakewalk

Checked.

And not even after the first chapter. Remember, SS is STARTING strength, as in "I'm a weak faggot who can't even do a single pullup and need to build my base" starting.

Starting Strength is a great program. In the theoretical picture, you can see how the pressing movements can go from the bar to the 200's in a year. The Squat and Deadlift could reach the 500's if you leave out cleans.

Add in some chin-ups (which are in the program) and you will have a pretty solid body in one year.

>30 minutes to finish a SS routine
You are either not resting enough, not warming up, or skipping sets. This might be fine since you're new, but as you start getting into heavier weight, you will undoubtedly need to spend more time warming up and resting between sets.

Dude, you will soon be taking 5 minute rests between worksets, which equates to workouts about an hour to an hour and a half long.

In truth, you can push linear progression pretty far, but the costs is the increased rest times which end up becoming hard to deal with in the long run.

I'm convinced there is one dyel newfag who started lifting for 3 weeks and is mad that he's not arnold making these posts.

lmao

200's bench and ohp are way out proportion to eachother.

Just benching 225 is very hard to achieve for most average joes. Not gonna happen in a year.

Virtually nobody presses 200+ let alone for 3x5 lol

>Virtually nobody presses 200+ let alone for 3x5 lol

Most people don't seriously train the lift. If power lifter types would train the Press like they train Bench Press, you would see more 200 lb Presses.