Hair Loss Prevention?

Currently I have a full head of hair, but at 34 I am seeing signs of it thinning around my temples. Part of the culprit is likely genetics, part my high stress job, and part possibly because of some of the supplements I take, but whatever the cause I want to stop it. I'd hate to be bald by 40.

The problem, as we know, is there are a lot of charlatans and snake oil salesmen out there on this topic so I wanted to ask Veeky Forums if there are any tried and true methods you've used to prevent hair loss?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4017725/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Finasteride

I don't do pills. Is there a powder form for this?

No.

>I don't do pills because I'm a massive flaming faggot.
Ok. Enjoy going bald.

Nah, I just can't swallow them. Unlike you I never learned to relax my throat and ignore my gag reflex.

But user you take it with water, get a decent mouthful of water, throw the pill in too, and pills go down easy.

>Finasteride
Enjoy your impotence

Yeah, I saw that there were some lawsuits. I have a gf and need my dick to work. What else is there?

If your brain wasn't busy with suppressing your homosexual thoughts, you'd realize you could just crush the pills and dissolve them in water.

>put small tablet in your mouth
>get a mouthful of water
>swallow

it's not hard nigga

Does your mother cut up your food into little chunks for you?

>40 year old guy took fin for 5 years because he's getting old and losing his hair
>libido is also going down because he's getting old
>"hurr why can't I fuck like a 20 year old anymore, must be the fin durr"

Pretty much everyone who takes fin unanimously agrees that they regret not starting it sooner because they had the same inclinations about it. Fin is the only thing that can work. Even transplants don't make any sense unless you're on fin.

I have tried this for years, but choke every time.

I thought about just crushing the pills, but if my dick doesn't work how am I going to fuck your mother?

A pretty comprehensive study showed 0.7% of the placebo group reporting sexual side effects and 1.2% of the fin group reporting the same

it's a pretty negligible amount, and those who do get the short end of the stick are going to be the loudest about it on the internet and elsewhere

castor oil.

Solid stats. Link? Also, this is well reviewed on Amazon. Placebo?

Is this the stuff?

Argan / castor oil won't do jack shit to stop your hair loss. For now, the only things that do work are 5-ar inhibitors (Finasteride and Dutasteride) and Minoxidil. 2% Ketoconazole shampoo is a nice addition as well.

Sure you could go the saw palmetto and RU58841 route, but that'll be expensive in the long run.

I myself was on Finasteride and got horrible sides, but I won't discourage anyone from using it.

What kind of side effects?

>34, fucking 34 years old worries about his hair
>18 years old me is even worse

is life fair bros?

Are you shitting me? Here is 1.25 mg of finisteride, one daily dose, which I take before going to sleep. You actually have to cut it into quarters.

Everyone is going to come out and say that it will ruin your dick. (arm chair doctors, am I right?) If you trust the FDA they said only 3% of all test participants had temporary erection issues while taking the medication.

I've been on it for 6 months and have had no ill effects.

this is a 30 year old man

Severe brain fog, panic attacks, muscle twitching, dry eyes, testicular shrinkage, lowered libido and a completely limp dick at one point.

My dick is back online, my right testicle appears to have recovered and no more panic attacks. Still got brain fog, although not as severe and some muscle twitching. Eyes remain dry.

I do realize that I'm in the minority of users, most don't seem to get sides like I did.

Is it working for you? Also, what brand?

Oh, and some pains in my lower abdomen (could be my prostate) and my testicles.

Testicle ache is also gone, lower abdomen pain comes and goes. But it's very dull at this point.

I have never heard of a M.D. today who will give you plugs unless you've been on fin for at least a year

Damn. I used to have panic attacks several times a day until I convinced myself it was bullshit and stopped. That said, I do have anxiety and would hate to make it worse. Freaked out with a limp dick seems worse than being bald.

A hair transplant without Fin = Hair transplant after hair transplant until you run out of donor hairs and end up looking like shit.

no, Propecia/Proscar

I don't have the link, it's always posted in these kinds of threads though so I basically have it memorized

try googling "finasteride study", there is a lot of research done on it

There is no stopping the march of time, OP. Accept your fate as a hairless freak as women recoil in disgust at the very sight of you.

Literally everything that isn't fin, minox or keto is snake oil. And the latter two are pointless without the first.

>you just gotta apply coconut oil bro
>no actually it's castor oil
>no wait it's lavender oil
>no wait it's actually pig lard, apply pig lard twice a day and your hair will grow for sure
>make sure to pop some multivits bro
>don't forget fish oil
>and zinc and magnesium and all the other supplements you can buy
>buy them all and surely your hair will grow
Spend an afternoon browsing hair loss forums. People have tried literally everything. The few people who claimed to have had success with homemade remedies never post pictures.
I've been there too.

The optimum you can do is 1g of fin every day, dermarolling once a week, minox twice a day, keto twice a week. These are the only things proven to work and the only things to have scientific data to back them up. Once your hairline is stable through fin you can get a transplant.

Honestly, I didn't mind the lowered libido and dry eyes at first.

It was the brain fog and ED that scared the nigger out of me.

oh yeah? castor oil worked for me. it reversed hair loss, and prevented it to further spread.

I'm just taking the generic 5mg fin that cost $8 a month that you cut up into quarters. Generic for Proscar.

I have seen some growth in my widows peak, and a slight thickening on my tippy-top of my head, but probably won't see a big change until a year out. I can say that I've seen a lot less hair in my tub's drain since I started taking fin.

Then take it at night when you don't have to think, just sleep/

That's exactly what I did. Took it every night just before bedtime. Didn't stop me from getting sides.

Is it prescription or OTC?

I've had luck with Trx2 and PSO. But it's been a long time, and the results aren't anything really. Hairline receded about an inch, it came back about half an inch. Just got some minoxidil on the way; I was too worried about fin because people keep talking about the sides but I might just get on it anyway. I think the people that have problems are a very very vocal very small population.

Post pictures. Then volunteer yourself to hair loss research.

I'm willing to bet you a million dollars that you started losing hair only recently, heard about castor oil, and now delude yourself into thinking that miniaturizing hair is regrowth when in reality it's existing hair slowly becoming smaller and smaller until it falls out, telling yourself
>it's all going to be fine, I don't need fin, I won't be bald, it's all going to be fine, I don't need fine, I won't be bald, it's all going to be fine, ...
You have the same shit happening all the time in every forum that deals with hair loss. Then they flip their shit when people don't believe them because they don't post pics or their pics don't show anything and leave. And after a year or two they come back
>g-guys I've just jumped on fin, wish I had started sooner, is it too late?

Seriously, everyone should invest an afternoon or more into reading hair loss forums. It's been the same shit for the past 15 years. The cure is always 5 years away. Every year there's a new oil that supposedly is gonna help for sure this time.

I am financially successful and have been with the same woman for 8 years. This is pure vanity, user.

Representative photographs of patients at baseline and after 24 weeks of treatment with PSO.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4017725/

prescript, from cvs

Is getting a prescription something you talk to a dermatologist or your general doctor for?

looks like some1 beat me to it.
just because the pharmacy industry doesnt believe in natural cures doesnt mean they dont exist or work. have a good day

Misery is the result of resisting that which is. As long as your dick hasn't fallen off you're all good hombre. man up and move forward.

I called up a few dermatologists that I found online and asked if "doctor "x" specialized in prescription hair loss treatment".

If the answer is yes then make an appointment.

You really don't have much to lose taling to a dermatologist and getting the facts, rather than getting the opinions of arm chair doctors on a Chinese anime image board.

Not him, I'm seeing my general practitioner in a couple of weeks and was planning on asking for a finasteride prescription

is there a reason he'd say no? If so I may look deliberately for a derm instead

I tried PSO + SAW for months and can really confirm that this works. It really takes some months to work, but it really does.

Was paranoid about hair loss due to the use of masteron, so i overdosed on PSO + SAW and my hair was never this thick before.

Currently 1 month on keto shampoo also, which also seems to thicken my hair even more. My hair was never this thick before.

link to brand?

Did you take a pill for PSO? I'm seeing there are topical treatments too, just curious what you were on

No, but thousands of people trying it without success means it doesn't work.
Again, I want to believe it. Provide a before/after pic of your changed hairline.
Some guy before claimed his hairline regrew half an inch. That's massive progress and should be easily visible on casual pics.

I started this about a month ago, as well as minoxidil. Hoping to see some results in a few months.

Depends on your GP, just go and ask and if you want a second opinion find a doctor and make an appointment.

>n=75
>wasn't reproduced
>claims 40% regrowth but picture shows far from it
>pictures could easily be before/after shampooing hair

Brand doesn't matter, as long it contains the saw palmetto and pumpkin you're fine. Would also recommend using keto shampoo. Once a week. The rest of the week just wash your hair with water, no other shampoo.

You will def see results after some months. Without shitty side effects, like everyone is scared of with fani

Pill.

5x 450mg
3x 1000mg spread over the day

Can take some time, 12-24 weeks according to the study which also was the time is started to thicken my hair also.

You should also look into keto shampoo. It's crazy how it also thickens the hair

They fucking looked at with a lens. But let's ignore facts and science and listen to what this user got to say with his dyel eyes.

At 12 and 24 weeks, there were 30% and 40% mean increases in hair counts from baseline in PSO-treated men and 5% and 10% increases in hair count in placebo-treated men, which resulted in significant net increase of 25% and 30% (both, P < 0.001) at weeks 12 and 24, respectively, in the intervention group as compared with the placebo group (Figure 3).

my hair seems to be thinning around the center of my head, like a vertical straight line of no hair.
shit guys im only 20 years old what do i do? Is fin for me?

2017 is the year I hop on finasteride

I've been biding my time for years to make sure I got as much of puberty done as possible, I'm 22 now and graduating so it's time

going to start on a low dose and hope for the best desu

You can get 6 month supply of minox on amazon for like $30.
Grab PSO and Palmetto suppies, and keto shampoo.

>posts no before/after pic
>posts pic of full hairline "oh yea gaiz I used to be bald like you but now I'm not I just used this snake oil believe me"
The study is years old. People have tried it and it didn't work.
The pictures they posted in the study doesn't show anywhere near the amount of hair they claim grew.
Even if they counted, vellus hair can be grown easily and can be all over the place. The pictures from the study show literally zero cosmetic improvement other than the hair being less oily.
The same shit happened with the detumescence therapy study that was published a few years ago. People went crazy over it and again, after a year they came back because it didn't work. There are still people who hold on to it claiming it totally work, but guess what they don't do: post before/after pics.

I'm all for trying homemade remedies. Maybe the do work for some individuals. This is what is toxic:
>You will def see results after some months.
You can't promise that. No one can, not even with actually proven solutions like fin since there are people who don't even respond to that. But what these promises of snake oil do is prevent people from actually doing something that is proven to work and indoctrinate people with the
>hurr fin will make your dick fall off durr
shit. If you wanna try oils, go for it they can't hurt. But use them in addition to fin/dut or enjoy going bald eventually.

Also studies get shit wrong all the time. Confirmation bias, pressure to produce date, sponsoring, etc. That's why scientists have the habit of reproducing the data before accepting it as true.
But I guess we can dismiss the scientific method because those chinamen here counted the hairs with a lens and because user here posted a picture of his full head of hair and promised us that he was balding too but totally reversed it.

You're hair is fine, no need for hormane changing drugs senpai

Not the guy you're replying to, but his temples are clearly receding. Mine are receding about half an inch and I'm considering getting on fin too

It's been gradual, I've noticed progressive thinning and receding though

the point is, I don't want to get to the point where it's clearly balding, at that point you really can't reverse it significantly

low doses (0.5mg/day) of fin were shown to decrease DHT by around 60%, if this doesn't significantly impact my sex drive or gains I'll stay on it, if it does I'll hop right off

I'll never be able to sleep at night if I don't make an attempt at least

Thinking that fin changes your hormones is proof that you really don't understand what you are talking about.

>5x 450mg
>3x 1000mg spread over the day

Isn't that way too much?

Waar koop je je saw palmetto eigelijk in nl?

yeah I had that problem, trust me you NEED to learn to swalow it's easy and won't take more than 6 months to become effortless.

first you might throw up so do it in the mornings.
start with fish oil as it goes down easy.
Get one that's medium
keep swallowing until it goes down and you don't throw up
eveytime you throw up, take another capsule
I threw up once, after that I was able to do it.
for 3 months everytime I did it, I still felt like I want to throw up but ignore the feeling and man up

What the FUCK is wrong with you, grown ass man who doesn't "do" pills? Wtf I would say back to plebbit but you wouldn't fit in there

everyone talks about fin but what about duta?

fin>duta?

Moar pls

I used to be able to swallow pills no problem. A few years ago I had a medical issue with my esophagus and I no longer can.

>1g of fin every day
>1g
>g
slow down cowboy

Most guys just want to save their hair not become a tranny.

if the average good looking person goes balding he is no longer good looking

but all that has changed is less hair covering the head that was already there

summation : people are actually all ugly and need camouflage to frame their face just right to hide the fact

What are you implying about duta?

I jumped on finasterid 2½ months ago, my tempels/hair line have become much thicker since then. I am hoping for more hair growth and lower hair lines in the following months. No side effects, am 23 years old

Good looking people still look good without hair.

barely...

edited summation: need a not too big head to survive the damage of a completely exposed head

dont take fin until you're completely done growing. so maybe at 25 consider it because it blocks dht. dht helps with secondary sex characteristics.

saw palmetto and biotin.

Nofap works for hair growth.

eunuch are noted for great hair growth

i fucking hate you faggots who say

>just shave it bro lol

the whole point of Veeky Forumsness is being vain

unless you have a jaw that can grate cheese everyone looks better with a full set of hair.

If they have the skull for it. Some people just don't.