Wisdom Teeth

I'm getting my wisdom teeth removed on monday. How soon will I be able to lift weights or go rock climbing again?

WHY ARE YOU ASKING A BUNCH OF FUCKING AUTISTIC FATTIES

ASK YOUR FUCKING DOCTOR YOU DUMB KUNT

Wisdom teeth usually have no reason to be removed unless they are actively causing you pain right now, or are crowding your other teeth and pushing them out of alignment. Chances are your dentist referred you to an oral surgeon, giving you some kind of vague reason like 'its just time to get them removed before ___ happens'. Many people live their lives with their wisdom teeth intact with no issues at all, and even people with impacted wisdom teeth have no issues either. You have probably fallen privy to a timeless dental culture scam that no one wants to seem to phase out or stop. Remember when everyone used to have their tonsils removed?

Give it few weeks at the leasy. I got my wisdom teeth removed in February and tried to lift too soon, ended up with a mouth full of blood and pain. Do NOT try to rush the healing process

2-3 weeks after the surgery.
I had mine removed a month ago.
I waited 2 weeks, then when I started lifting again i felt somethimes a dull pain while BP and skullcrushers, but no problem, 1 more week and that gone too.

Took me one week and I experienced no pain in my mouth. Buuuut it did fuck with my food intake as I was limited to mush and soup, and nibbling chicken because my jaw muscle and neck was sore af. My week of recovery was bliss tho.
>clinic level indica strains to smoke on
>clinic level marijuana lozenges
>codein pills to pop
Applied all three and repeat. I wore gauze for the whole week so I wouldn't pop a dry socket when I smoked. I've never slept so much so well in my life.

is this really what the recovery process is like? my dentist said i'd be out a day and then can go back to work after

Age?

Depends on whether you are having the uppers or lowers pulled. Lowers wrecked me for a week. I went back to work the next day after uppers were pulled.

Yeah this. I had all four pulled at once. Plus one of em pushed through and broke my back molar cuz it already had a filling so that had to get removed too. So 5 teeth altogether.
>*results not typical

Hope you're right. I was at the dentist for the first time in years recently and she wanted me to pull two or three wisdom teeth and she was really pushing for it.
I just made it seem like I was dirt poor and couldn't afford it, which is partly true. I had two cavities done and a cleaning and it was fucking expensive enough.

>How soon will I be able to lift weights or go rock climbing again

......The next day?

Are you American, by any chance? I bet you also do the surgery under full anesthesia, and will take pain killers for a few days. Jesus christ it's minor operation, even assuming it's not just pulling them out and requires incision into the gums. You don't even need painkillers afterwards unless you're female or a little bitch. And I'd say don't go that very day just in case there's stitches and you don't want to rupture them gritting your teeth picking up something heavy and putting it back down again. Just wait 24 hours and you're good.

Jesus you people are fucking pussies, I got 3 of mine pulled, one in surgery through the gums, and it's not a big deal at all.

/percy

Taking tooth science at school. Should be fine in 3 days at most.

>falling for the impacted wisdom teeth meme
Dr. Mike Mew is dissapointed

I got 4 of my wisdom teeth removed 2 years ago
each time the area of my face around the tooth was swollen as fuck, I'm talking like 0.25 - 0.5 decimeter^3 of extra volume
I looked ridiculous and people asked me what was wrong with me everywhere I went which was annoying but it only caused pain for 6-12 hours after the removal
I could work out the next day with no problems

Everyone is different, but wisdom teeth removal is one of the most minor surgeries. I was out for 3 days, but other people will take 2 weeks. The main reason a doctor will tell you to wait a week is due to increase in pressure in your head can cause the stitches to rip or tear, and gritting/grinding your teeth can cause them to tear as well.

Lift lifting is fine, but i would not reccomend going for a big top set or 1 rep max for a week. Source: medical family of oral doctors

Maybe never. Kid in my hometown just died the night after wisdom tooth surgery, likely from a dislodged clot that made it to his brain.

>born without wisdom teeth
Hooray for evolution.

It's been 5 days since my surgery. Went to the gym today. Just watch your bloodpressure and don't make faces during the exercises and it'll be fine.

Where the fuck do you guys get your teeth removed? I got pulled all 4 on one day and just got 3 local shots for each tooth. Didn't lift because rest day but there was no swollen face, dizziness or something like that.

If you're not feeling pain, don't get them removed.
Look up Dr. Mike Mew, he's got a lot of content about this and other jaw related stuff online.

Yeah there's no pain, one of them is coming in diagonally like the lower one in OP's pic, so she said it would be hard or impossible to clean and eventually that would lead to bad stuff.
Not saying I don't believe her, but it's so fucking expensive I can't really justify doing it right now. I'd rather save to move out of my parents house instead of blowing my savings at the dentist.

>2 wisdom teeth partially impacted and impossible to clean
>have bad cavities in them that eventually are gonna get infected and hurt like sin

Getting them pulled monday, like OP and I can't wait to get these cheekbiting shits out of my mouth

From what I understand wisdom teeth pushing other teeth in your jaw is a myth because its not a strong enough force, the real problem is the tooth not coming in fully and getting infected and causing cysts in your mouth

I know a guy who had one of the teeth receed up into his cheek somehow, the xray was pretty bad and he had a giant cyst from the tooth basically rotting in his cheek

wait aweek and start rather light if you feel well. your nutition is a bigger problem tho, and i didnt really manage to eat well when i got mine removed.

Absolutely no physical exercise in the following 48h. If you're doing anything other than light cardio, wait 2 weeks to be sure.
I did it a few months ago, and this was the advice my doctor gave.

Hey, I got mine out during wrestling season, took two days off of practice/lifting, a third day of cardio only, then I was back. Be careful, id give it at least a week if you aren't required to climb any rocks/lift any weights