/Sig/ - Self Improvement General

I want you mother fuckers to give me one, just ONE fucking reason as to why you have not read every book on my Complete, Definitive, and Non-Meme Total Alpha Male Mental Gains Reading List...

1/2

2/2

it's a very nice list. I'd have more Mishima and probably the Road in there too, but why did you include Tolkien books?

people who make lists like these almost never do the stuff on the list, so honestly I don't give a shit.

Gay fucking list for a gay fucking person.

Lists like this are for middlebrow dilettantes who want to say they read literature.

Nice handwriting. Good on you if you actually manage to read all of those.

Poetry is dumb.

They're arguably the greatest pieces of western fantasy literature of all time. Tolkien is also one of the primary reasons why a lot of the epic poems are studied today. I enjoy the story as well.

>High school English Lit, Western Civ, and Civics teacher
But you will be surprised how much you can read in the span of roughly 45 minutes per day.

Subjective

>why lift weights if you will never achieve a 800lb squat
Pretty shitty worldview there babe

No blood meridian?

Haven't read it yet babe

>why lift weights if you will never achieve a 800lb squat

Why lift weights if you're only doing it to reach the low and restrictive standards of some DYEL's online? Bloom's list is the only one worth looking at; even that is gay.

You should add The Edda. It's basically a bunch of Norse mythological stories.

How regimented are you guys when it comes to scheduling your life? I fucking suck at time management and I'm about to just buy a full size notebook day planner and schedule my life hourly so I don't fuck off.

You guys got any other suggestions?

Find out where most of your time goes during your leisure time, and try to cut back on whatever it is.
If you have a hard time staying off the internet or social media, get an addon for your browser that blocks them.

You sound like an utter pretentious cunt

I actually plan on doing that sometime in the (hopefully) near future. Should I bump it higher on the list? I say this because I'm about to dive into the major theological texts...is it worth reading beforehand in your opinion?

Why no Paradise Lost?

Also, why include 2 British Romantic poets and not the better and more obvious choices like Wordsworth and Coleridge?

not much modern lit in here user (1984, outsider etc)

Maybe because most of modern literature is absolute shit. Welcome to Post-Modernism

Only read The Illiad and Inferno. 1/3 of the way through Ody.

Have the Divine Comedy and all of Tolkens works though and Aenid.

Think I'm going to read Paradise Lost or The Sandman series next. Though I could read something inbetween Sandman I guess.

>/r/iamverysmart

Why is this written down and taken a picture of?
You're on a fucking computer. Make a fancy list using paint or just post them in the thread.

>Shakespeare's major plays
>all four of them

Oh, yeah, Julius Caesar over King Lear, Much Ado, Midsummer Night's, The Tempest... real good choice

No, "The Prince"

I found it an absolute chore to get through...

The poets on the other hand are just the ones I personally enjoy from that era.

Was written while my students were taking a test. Typing is distracting.

Julius Caesar ties in with the Greek and Roman literature.

If you had to pick 3 plays to read by Shakespeare you would pick Hamlet, Macbeth, and R+J and most everyone would agree with this.

The purpose of the list was to give a broad spectrum. But yes, if you are studying Shakespeare read them all.

obviously these books havent 'made' you any more alpha cause youre still bragging to Veeky Forums about how smart you are

do the most alpha thing of all and read books you enjoy ... reading the constitution? what the fuck is wrong with you.

wow a bunch of useless fucking dumb books. good use of your time op. ever leave your house?

kys brainlet

Reddit pls go...

>he took out Penultimate after someone called him out for being a fucking idiot

kek kys OP you faggot

>Download Google books and a of ebooks off bookzz org
> Use a passive means of transportation or train or bus to go to school or work and read then
>Alternatively read write you walk down the street or brie you go to sleep
EZ

Wow

>no nabokov
>no machiavelli
>no frank herbert
>no vonnegut
>no tom robbins
trash list

Nice list. Where are the Eddas though? Or Beowulf? Old Norse/Anglo-Saxon morals are something all men should aspire to. Honor your oaths, you are your deeds.

>Julius Caesar ties in with the Greek and Roman literature.
Nigga please, it's historically inaccurate and all about the ambitions of men - hardly fucking Seneca is it?

>If you had to pick 3 plays to read by Shakespeare
I would leave off the overrated early trash that is R+J and replace it with one of the later comedies. Hamlet and Macbeth, fair enough, but they're only one side of Shakepeare - personally I'd drop Hamlet and include all the sonnets.

t. Cambridge student

Regardless of your political views you are exactly what is wrong with the current status of politics in the united states and if you aren't from the united states you should still read your country's constitution.

ADHD fag here, only recent diagnosed (28 years old). Two concepts really help. The first is a bullet journal (google it). I modify mine with a weekly personal and professional Top 3 for the week and each day I focus on getting three tasks done. This way I'm task focused, not time focused. As long as I get my tasks done that's what matters.

Henry the motherfucking V.

Ties in with the subject matter, that doesn't mean it's 100% historically accurate. I chose it specifically for the themes.

Again, I understand, but the list wasn't suppose to be a watch mojo top 10 list of specifically about Shakespeare babe.

Other than wasting time, what is the point in reading all of this?

Actually, yeah: Macbeth, Parts I and II, Much Ado, and the sonnets.

>epic journeys (Illiad, Oddesey, Aenid), perfect states (Republic) and a lil history (Aurelius, Herotodus
>anything to do with THE DOGS OF WAAAAARRRR

I guess it's all Greek to you, right? But thanks for confirming you never read them, or even worse, that you sped read them with no critical understanding to inflate your ego :^)

>What's the point in becoming an educated person
These simpletons are the people giving advice here.

Great rebuttal.

I just finished the book of 5 rings and found it to be much less philosophical than I was expecting and more a book on hard martial arts. May I ask why you included it?

>overly americamized bias in titles
enjoy your delusions of murica

>Silmarillion
top kek you'll die of old age first

audio books from places like audable or whatever are good as you can listen to them while you do something else.

in addition to it takes more than to simply read the books.
You must understand them also.
And remember what you've understood.
Apparently we only retain about 20% of the info we take in while studying, etc so I think my final bit of advice is to know your limits and have realistic standards/expectations

theres no way im going to be able to read all those books

what are the top 2 or 3?

gookmoot should really think about adding a philosophy board

inb4 there already is one

your hand writing leads me to believe that you are a homosexual