/plg/ Powerlifting General

Threads have been good, congrats everyone.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=s6Jy8OgYuTY
youtu.be/7qAycZuz3gQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

did the survey results ever come out?

It didn't go well

that's too bad

Sumo is comfy for me, doesn't take nearly as much out of me as conventional, and I can pull more with it.

look here frog, a weeabo talentchad that survived about half a year of lifting
the same thing will happen to you
hf

ok lol but me and commi have way different mind sets desu~

yea ive heard that, do you think i should do it ?

When I first started posting on plg I was 14
I thought I was a special snowflake
Now I'm 18 and I'm witnessing a new generation of underage fags

And it's a weird beauty

God speed you under age annoying faggots

;; sry commie

To shorten the range of motion.

But your success with sumo depends on a lot of things, like mobility and if your quads are strong but your back is a weakpoint, and some people (Nuckols) have analysed both lifts in depth and concluded that they are pretty much tied in power level. But since they require different levels of strength for different muscles, some people end up being stronger in one than in the other.

If you check the world records, most are conventional. And the medals are evenly split between sumo and conventional pullers, from what I've seen.

Now, should... I think everyone should at least learn how to do it and test it for a while. Then you'll quickly find out which one you prefer.
It is more difficult to learn and perform well than the conventional, in terms of technique.

Holy fuck lads I have not felt doms like this is an age. Do NOT take ten days off squatting.

Drinking mulled wine to make the hurt stop.

You said you gave it a try and it was painful. Was your mobility fine, and could you externally rotate properly?

>retweak shoulder going for chinup PR

Tell me you've listened to TMB
youtube.com/watch?v=s6Jy8OgYuTY

wrong pic desu

The file name always gets me

back then i pointed feet too forward and didnt have great mobility at the time desu that was almost a year ago so i barely remember it

So I came really close with a that girl but good bruh is talking way too much to said gril right now so what do?

You should have one "when she gives you a piece of paper"

And specially a "when you listen to In Rainbows"

Pedophiles need to get out of mine general

Give it a go then I guess. Make sure you stretch out your hips

it's not funny when it's reaction photos of yourself

how big is your ego, chad?

I mean, the photos have to be posted somehow, and only he has them.

kekk

His hair makes it even better.

not as big as you think

IM WALKING DOWN A LONELY ROAD

CLEAR TO ME NOW BUT I WAS NEVER TOLD

TROUBLE WITH DREAMS IS YOU NEVER KNOW

WHEN TO HOLD ON OR WHEN TO LET GO

Why is he walking towards the camera?

I forgot I made you that image 0.0

>when she asks you to double bag it

tfw just slightly too short to safely use the rack height above, and really tall for the rack height below

iktf
i have to quarter pin squat the bar to unrack

im feeling really euphoric for the first time in 4 weeks
feels good man, life is good
ily all

Oh man, if you're feeling this good now just imagine how bad you're going to feel later!

:(

You playing ds3 right now trappy?

no hes playing with his dick

Yeah i prefer the constant numb feeling
More predictable

who /chickenpotpie/ here?

Nah, just chilling with the bois

My computer doesn't run DS3 very well.

UGGHGHGHGH FUCKING CANT SLEEP BECAUSE OF A HEADACHE AT 4:45 AM AND ALL THE PHARMACIES ARE CLOSED

who are the bois?

I miss when Veeky Forums had a standard time that every user saw so you could tell Euros that it's actually 1045

Yoooo

:33

Just a few close friends;

I have this and am also in the weird grey area between belt notches

>between belt notches
IKTF, and there are only two notches left.

>tfw you wanna keep bulking but you're running out of notches on your belt

i miss candytoe ;-;

>tfw nuclear annihilation hasn't freed us all from the cancer of loliposters

why doesn't SS have you doing 5x5 and then move onto 3x5? I feel like that'd be a lot better ultimately

didn't get to revel in plg after i finally deadlifted 600#. weighed around 215 in this

youtu.be/7qAycZuz3gQ

inb4 back is round

its not cancer desuyo

>I feel like that'd be a lot better ultimately

Nah, not really. 3x5 is more manageable and more sustainable, doing 5x5 before that might be maybe a tiny bit beneficial, but in the long run, we're talking about a few months on a novice LP either way.

Why not at least attempt a neutral spine?

Volume killed Rippetoe's kids, so it's his mortal nemesis.

yeah true, I'm on TM now but it sucks cause i'm already fat from 4months of SS

powerlifting

powerlifting

kek alex looking cute

I miss candito's videos. They were pretty entertaining for some reason.

tagging you for the pic related

at the midwest meet up do we get le high qual pics taken......

You did post it and we all made fun of you for TWO ENTIRE FUCKING THREADS.

KYS

i'm just stronger with rounding. the geometry just ends up much better for me. i've had a lot of lower body injuries in the last 2 years so my back is stronger relatively than my hams so i like to minimize how far behind the bar i get. my hips are a little higher than optimal in this attempt.

this year there was a photographer, I don't know if he'll be there again, but maybe. you'll just have to be there to find out

thats what i get for posting and then going to sleep.

i don't go on Veeky Forums enough anymore i miss being roasted

I'm not unfamiliar with round-backed deadlifting or round-backed deadlifters. You round a looot after you start the lift.

You're obviously pretty strong but I still don't think it's a good idea. Good luck to you.

i could take photos with my decent cam i use

This is interesting and all but from what i have read about this sport it seems like a strange end goal that you sacrifice so much of your bodys function to achieve.
Wouldnt you all rather be functionally fit, like crossfit or strongman?

So why didn't they just drop 4 mk84's on Pablo Escobars prision when he was in that meme prison?

working on a cycle of trying to stay straighter. coming out of a max attempt im doing a phase 10-12 rep sets at about 60-65% beltless so hopefully can continue to tighten things up before my next cycle. 300kg is a long term goal.

>sacrifice so much of your bodys function

>not 5x3
Enjoy your 10-12 decent reps losers, I'll be here depositing 15 GORGEOUS reps in the volume bank.

>functionally fit

Second day using my Inzer belt and this shit happened... went to the Hardwear store to try and find rivets that size but couldn't.. ended up
Sending the belt in to get fixed....

At least i pulled 550 with it the other day

have exact belt and color for almost 1.5 years and no damage looks almost new really howd you break yours lol

Truthfully breh I don't even fucking know.. I deadlifted yesterday with it and today when I was squatting after I racked the weight I took it off and put it over the pins and it hit the power rack then after my next set I noticed the rivit on the floor... I got 2 uses out of the belt lol Shit sucks now I gotta go betless again

>functionally fit

pic related

maybe you should have broken it in properly before going full retard. the stiff material didn't flex enough and the rivet broke... what a suprise

Haha fuck I remember that thread.
Why the fuck was he so sweaty?

Lmao Inzer claims the rivets are used in space shuttles... and I sat there and rolled it all night. Regardless rivet shouldn't have popped like
That

>You're holding the phone wrong

>stops jumping and training plyo
>jumps get lower

Has nothing to do with powerlifting lmfao

That's messed up. Had a the same thing happen to a friend that didn't roll his so I ASSUMED you did the same. sry pham. Just got mine last week and no issues, went with single prong though. How long is the turn-around time for repairs?

Stops squatting high bar
jumps get lower

direct correlation between optimal powerlifting squat form (low bar) and decline in athleticism.

didn't he also break his foot and move up a weight class