Tfw you deadlifted for the very first time

>tfw you deadlifted for the very first time

never felt more alive.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=u6UgD1H_AXw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>tfw I remember when this reaction image was first posted and the guy is taking a dick in his butt

now wait till you hit 4pl8 for the first time, best lifting feel I've ever had

Kill yourself if you can't deadlift at least 330lbs.

>le kill yourself unless you lift my 1rm

330lbs is still baby weight.

Am I the only one that grins like a fucking idiot every time I beat a PR in deadlifts?

No, there's something just so satisfying about it. More satisfying than any other lift.

Yeah there's just something about diddlies that is just so primal and manly.

It's gotta be his 1rm. Who the fuck comes up with 330lbs as a strength cutoff?

7 months ago: dyel 130lb recovering alcoholic. fucked up my hormones, 26% body fat, never lifted a day before in my life.

deadlift 60lbs with shit form

7 months later deadlift 205lbsx5 with great form. best feeling ever. wanted to tell everyone I knew, but I know they don't care so I'm telling you Veeky Forums. I'ma hit 4plates before I die. Nothing can stop me.

I actually got tears in my eyes hitting 4 plates. The rush is amazing.

Is it normal to walk around giggling after deadlifting? It feels so sore but so good.

>tfw you deadlift 100kg for the very first time

that felt good

Not to shit on your parade because its cool you're hitting the gym but 205lbs after 7 months is pretty bad

Just ordered roids, so it'll improve.

I hit 2pl8 1x5 overhand grip in 2.5 months and I started as 120lb skelly. Eat better mate

I think you guys are underestimating what drinking a fifth of whiskey every day for 8 years does to your bones, muscles, and body chemistry.

Yeah I think 4 is the best

3 was fun and felt like I was getting somewhere.

4 was a big fuck yeah.

5 was now you need 3x bw you shit.

My gf could dl 1 plate the very first time she stepped into the gym

Some of you need to take a hard look at yourselves

Be honest with me guys.
4pl8 diddy after 3.5 years is pretty shitty right?

Fucking sick bro, i never slipped into the drink myself, however my dadbro did and never recovered... its you against you. Just because you cant be the best, or achieve results as quick as others, the important thing is that you fuckin did it....

Weight?

I'm at 230kg at 82kg bodyweight after about 2.5 years. I train for strength and deadlift is my strongest lift.

Nice meme, I could too. I could probably 245-255 1x5 mixed grip, but I'm trying to progress w/o injury.

I'll be deadlifting 2x body weight within a month, doubt half the fatties on here could say the same.

It's true

She is a bit high test though

What is 2xbw?

I weigh 230lbs or 104kg
I'm on a bro split technically

Yeah pretty bad then sorry

If you're on a split I guess you only care about aesthetics so who cares

Yeah, that's pretty awful. I hit 4 plate at 155 lbs and 5' 11" within 7 months. A few years later and I'm at 565 lbs weighing 190. You just need to try harder with deadlifts.

My grip can barely hold 2pl8. Mixed grips fucks up my form badly.
What to do?

How would they fuck up your form? Are your feet approx shoulder with apart?

>Are your feet approx shoulder with apart?
Yes. But my back is arching when I pick up the weight with mixed grip

>tfw my max deadlift is 95

Your hamstrings probably aren't flexible enough to deadlift form the ground up. When you deadlift, slowly move down to position. Stop when you feel your hamstrings seize up. If that's before the full ROM stop there. If it isn't, then hamstrings aren't the problem.

L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N

I do 90 kg, 4 sets of 8 reps. WTF is with all that 1x3 or 1x5 faggotry? Do you also do 1x3 bench, 1x5 curls, etc?

P-Pacific Northwest actually...

My hams are non-existent but I never feel that my legs are the weakest link. It's always the grip or lower back

k... Just keep the form in check, I don't want you to injure yourself

>be junior in highschool
>never weightlifted in my life, but did marching band and soccer, so strong legs I guess
>take strength training class and actually lift for first time
>1st time deadlift I can pull 3pl8
>after 5ish months I max out at 5
Three year lifting hiatus later:
>leg press 1093 (11pl8)
>still deadlift 455 lbs
Do some people just have naturally crazy legs or did marching band infuse me with power untapped?
still average everything else tho

Sure thing user!
I spend like 90% of my time exercising cardio so I can get a more fem look but I realized I shouldn't let my muscles die off, so I picked up lifting last month.
It's so tough not knowing what to do half the time but I feel a lot better lately.

program and diet?
starting DL on first day and 1st month mark?

You be a top notch trap with some muscle definition, just don't go overboard with hypertrophy because your natural test can ruin the feminine look

>4pl8 at 155lb in 7 months

I'll admit I'm pretty fucking sceptical about this user. I hit my 4pl8 at 155lb, 5'10, it just took me a couple of years.
Yes i know my progress was dog shit anyway but 7 months is ridiculous at that bw.

I'm actually finding it easier to progress now that I'm stronger, always had problems with my dl when I started training.

At >200kg at 71kg now.

You said mixed grip made your back round? Does it happen with double overhand?
Can you get into proper position before the pull or is it difficult?

P O R T L A N D
O
R
T
L
A
N
D

marching band director here, only reason my legs have any strength is 8 years of that shit

btw, I'm 5'9 at 180 lbs

you march corps?

>Does it happen with double overhand?
What is that?

>Can you get into proper position before the pull
Sure. I put the end of my toes right under the bar and squat low with my back straight before going up.

Soutwest Washington actually...
I'm trying to keep careful with that too!
Just marching band or also band director?
I took Band for seven years from MS to HS, and I was considering a job as a HS band director. It seems like so much fun, and music is my life. I miss marching!
I think I'll try finding my flute tomorrow.

>I'll try finding my flute tomorrow
Don't choke on it

>what is that?

Oh god. For a start you should begin deadlifting with a double overhand grip then when your grip fails switch to mixed grip.

So basically it always happens when you deadlift. Right I can tell from your queuing that your form is off.

>toes under the bar
No, it should be your midfoot under the bar. When you're in position the bar should be or almost be touching your shins.

>squat low
Not quite bro. Grab the bar with your hands from standing upright and sink your hips down from there keeping your back straight and shoulder/lats tight. When you feel the tension in your hamstrings, that's when you pull.

Then again I'm a pleb who can only deadlift >200kg, go listen to someone like Candito.

youtube.com/watch?v=u6UgD1H_AXw

>tfw you snapped your shit for the first time

Everyone who got to a 4pl deadlift never tells the pain and the hernias they got from it.

So dont fall for the deadlift meme and just SQUAT

So a bodyweight deadlift? Gratz

>hernias

wtf are you talking about you pussy

3 months into starting strength and chill 135kg 5rm, probably more

6'1" 88kg atm

>For a start you should begin deadlifting with a double overhand grip
I lift with "conventional grip". Just both my hands in a natural position on the barbell where palms facing the body.

>Grab the bar with your hands from standing upright
I'm lanky and can't do that without a significant arch.

>When you feel the tension in your hamstrings
never. As I said, I don't have any visible hams and I never feel any tension there except when I do ham curls on a machine (super rare)

>go listen to someone like Candito
My form looks like on that video when I do it with conventional grip. By the bar slips out of my hands on 3-5th rep after 2pl8

Spotted the DYEL

Only on Veeky Forums people estat so fucking much lol.

Never seen a guy dl 4pl without injuring himself, here anybody can ''''do'''' it.

>Can't wait for this.

> 2 days ago I reached 3 plate and I felt like I was cumming inside god.

>I'm lanky and can't do that without a significant arch.
awfull mobility problem
if getting into dl position was easy then it was wrong T. Mark Rippetoe

It's mainly technique that limits you at the start. I went from 1 to 3 plates in a month and I jumped from 2.5 plates to 3 plates as soon as someone pointed out that I wasn't keeping the bar close enough to my body.

I wouldn't recommend anyone straining themselves with a deadlift until they've had a lot of practice and watched a lot of videos on instruction.

I'm this guy you faggot , over 200kg diddly at 71kg bodyweight. Clearly you've never been to a good gym, or been to /plg/, or even on fucking YouTube.

Ok well you stated mixed grip, which is one hand palm facing outwards. At least I think it was you, if not, forget that.

>I'm lanky and can't do that without a significant arch.
Don't worry about the arch at that point, the important thing is when you sink your hips down to straighten your back.

>never. As I said, I don't have any visible hams and I never feel any tension there except when I do ham curls on a machine (super rare)
You're mixing tension up tension with something else. If you stand up and try to touch your toes you will feel tension in your hamstrings at some point. When you're ready to pull you should feel that kind of tension in your hammies regardless of how big they are.

Also if your grip IS failing before everything else if you manage to fix your back/form whatever then switch to mixed grip. You don't want your grip to be the limiting factor in the deadlift.

Wow 90 whole kilos

Share your secrets user

Yes man I am sure all of this is true !
lotus deadlifted 5plates after 3 4 years of lifting,and you did that after 5 months.

believe what you want, but I've always been ridiculously far ahead of the rest of me with deadlift and leg press
[spoiler]can barely squat 315 tho ;-;[/spoiler]

aw well that's just embarrassing

Congrats on just hitting 330

hook grip faggot

Is that good or bad

the cutoff is actually at exactly 333.33lbs as scientifically proven by several studies

>mfw can only diddly 329 lbs

What was the thesis of these studies?

>"Are you strong if you can deadlift 1000/3 lbs?"

they estimated how much OPs mom weighs and anybody strong enough to lift her onto the bed to fuck her was high test enough to be a real man.

Who the fuck can't deadlift 1pl8?
Any man should be able to lift 250 first try without ever lifting a weight in his life.

Also, i just hit 3pl8 at 6ft 160lb after 2 months of lifting, felt pretty great.

>130lbs
>26% bf
How short are you?

t. dyel faggot who just hit 330lb deadlift and is projecting

two times your bodyweight

The first time I deadlifted I was with a bro that was a "Bodybuilder" and he had me do 4 sets of 12. Holy mother of god the doms.

I couldn't even deadlift 1pl8 when I first started back in August, but I weighed 130lb back then at 6'0', currently almost 150lb and I deadlift 230lb for 1x5, just gotta keep grinding, hoping I can hit 405 by mid-late 2017, is that a reasonable goal?

I'm sorry but powerlifting is for closet fags with nothing important going on in your lives.

Alias you, stupid NEET