Is no pain no gain a meme? Do you have to get muscle soreness?

Is no pain no gain a meme? Do you have to get muscle soreness?

No, you need to overload progressively, muscle soreness typically accompanies pushing yourself, but with good nutrition and stretching it doesn't have to.

For most beginners DOMs is unavoidable simply because they haven't used those muscles before

I've only been lifting for 3 month and I only got sore on my first 3 days. I've been adding more weight every day too

dom lasts for a week for me too

its normal

You get muscle soreness if you don't stick to a routine.

I deadlift 220kg and ATG squat 180kg and I still get sore after every workout. I basically do lifts every 2 weeks. If you stick to a routine and go 4 days a week, you won't get sore after a few months.

>If you stick to a routine and go 4 days a week, you won't get sore after a few months.
That's not necessarily a given, it varies from person to person. I go four days a week and I get sore every time.

Muscle soreness is in no way and indication of progress

He's obviously new to lifting and is just testing the water, or warming up

you only get muscle soreness the first time you train a muscle, after that if you regularly train it you stop being sore

this

doms lasted for me 2-3 workouts as well

if you get domes, then slow the fuck down. I added weights to my bench press like a fucking retard and then I injured my elbow and had to remove 10kg of my personal best for a month before seeing any new progress.

Doms feel so fucking good

I dunno, I've noticed I can lift much more weight the next time I workout the muscle group after having had doms compared with no doms

That's true, it does vary.
Everyone who says it's only beginners who get sore can't squat 3 plates.

DOMS is not the same as an injury. There's no need to change anything just because you get DOMS.

Same here and I've also lifted for 3 months. Exceptions are when you REALLY push yourself. For instance last Friday I spent over 2 and a half hours in the gym and I'm still feeling it in my delts and tris

What about people who bench 3 plate, is my opinion invalid too?

You are supposed to add more weight every time you workout

Depends, is your total 1000lbs+, or are you a one bench wonder?

That's ludicrous, what do you only work out once a week? If I were to do that I'd have to be improving by 25 lbs every single week.

It works for beginners who are taking appropriate measures with their nutrition. You would be surprised just how effective it is by making sure you get your macros. It's like roids.

Well I'm at 1.5/3/3.5/5, so about 1,300.

I thought the 1000 pound thing only applied to the powerlifting big 3?

As I suspected. It's a good bench, but it's disproportionate. You probably fell for the normie meme and trained it exclusively until you realised routines existed.

It doesn't matter, 1/2/3/4 is a redditor goal. You don't actually look that good when you reach it.

Doms is your body punishing you for the days you don't lift

6 months in and i never have doms, except for legs
and i did progress a lot

Certain ways of training will produce more soreness than others. Higher frequency lower volume will not make you sure but low frequency high volume will, I've been doing PPL / brosplit for about 3 years and I get sore from time to time but not during the PPL.

Just apply progressive overload and you're fine.

I didn't fall for anything, my ass and thighs were just already big enough. That plus, benching is the exercise I enjoy the most and was the first piece of equipment I bought for my home gym.

I only get leg doms routinely (calves being the worst).

However I have noticed that doing an exercise for the first time (or for the first time in a long while) produces doms. Did landmine press on Friday and I swear it was the first time I had chest doms since I began lifting. Felt fucking great.

Muscle soreness, means you don't train frequent enough. If you do the challenge every day squat, you'll be sore all the time, but after 1 week it won't be there anymore. I have exams so I can't train, I trained legs and I can't feel them bitches anymore.

Why do obese people lift weights thinking it help lose weight and get more in shape? Are they just too lazy to do cardio?

Not really, for me anyway it depends on which muscle group im working and by extension the manner in which i work them.
For example on my non compound days i tend to hit the hypertrophy range and rarely get DOMs unless i try something new, whereas providing im pushing myself i always get DOMs from heavy compounds, lasting from 1-3 days.
So i guess to make gains you dont need to get sore but you probably still will

>Why do obese people lift weights thinking it help lose weight and get more in shape?
Because it does.

Pump though

I only squat during the summer months, since my CC's training center has everything but power racks and squat racks, unless i go to the main one which is open during the summer and has power racks and squats.

And i get sore as fuck from basicaly having to restart my squats every summer

And here I thought that "no pain no gain" was more of a metaphorical or general statement. Not just muscle soreness.

The only effective way I found to break my plateaus is going to physical failure on that muscle for each set for 1-3 weeks so in a sense yeah I guess? that shit hurts like hell both during and after.

Since I started lifting, I got sore only at the beginning. When I played sports for 12 years, I was sore after every training which was 4 times a week + game, so I constantly had DOMS. I really miss it desu, should I just push harder or is it detrimental?
I stretch a lot if that matters

This guy ain't kiddin, I missed a week of lifting (let's just call it a """deload week""") and I was sore as fuck the next time I worked out

I have literally never seen an obese person lifting heavy weights to lose weight... ironically it does help, even more so than cardio.

I wouldn't say that weight lifting is even close to as efficient as cardio. It does burn calories, obviously, but the inconsistency is goin to limit the potential, compared to cardio which can be much more consistent and designed more strictly to weight loss.

this
took a few days off for thanksgiving and oh lordy lord i fucking felt it in my pecs

>I wouldn't say that weight lifting is even close to as efficient as cardio.

That's cause you're a fucking idiot

do you spout garbage consistently?

Prove that weight lifting assists in weight loss more than cardio.

Protip: you can't, because it's already been shown that HIIT is the most effective form of weight loss exercise. Fuck outta here you newfag.

>Protip: you can't, because it's already been shown that HIIT is the most effective form of weight loss exercise.

the most efficient by maybe 100 calories more. Exercise in of itself is not required for weight loss, only dietary changes. Weight Lifting and cardio are more or less interchangeable, though only lifting will encourage muscle preservation.

>body dysmorphia
>using strength to measure aesthetics

>You don't actually look that good when you reach it.
If you train only those 4, probably true.

that qt in the back tho... you americans so many beautiful women

Even without DOMs the last reps can be kind of painful on their own.