Which type of squat is better for maximum glutes and quad gains, 90 degree squats or ass to grass squats?

Which type of squat is better for maximum glutes and quad gains, 90 degree squats or ass to grass squats?

>squatting parallel
>ever

The answer, as it is so often in the real world, is "something in between"

This man, is a good man.

Why would you ever not go ass to grass FOR FUCKING GLUTES? Did you even think before asking this? That is the part of the motions range that puts the most tension on your ass. If your squatting, whatever the reason, go ass to grass.

/thread and the next dozen other 90 degree squat cuck threads. Fucking hell.

B-but 2 plates make me feel like a big boy

Or you could just widen your stance and put your toes out more to activate your ass a little more.

A 2 plate squat ATG is more impressive than a 3 plate parallel squat imo cause the dude who squats 3 plates parallel can rarely squat 2 ATG because he can't even get into the position

>tfw I've been going ATG a lot more often and at higher weights out of nowhere

Good stuff

I feel more comfortable in the hole and pause squat desu desu

As long as you're pretentious and judgemental about your form, you're doing it right. Just make sure to scoff at others in the gym who don't do it your way then come here and post how stoopid they are.

ATG. Only do parallel if you plan on competing. A lot of powerlifters train high bar and front squat but switch to low bar when their meet nears.

pic related is literally you.

fuck off 1/2 repper

atg is unnecessary. below parallel is more than enough

>for maximum glutes and quad gains
Glutes: ATG
Quad: Parallel

When you're in the hole you use your glutes to push you out, meanwhile quad activation peaks after you go below parallel

>belt
>shoes
>knee wraps
>all of this equipment for a non-sport
Top kek, go back to runescape fat fucks

There's absolutely NO reason NOT to go ATG.

get back on the elliptical kiddo

90 degree "squats" will fuck up your knees

>tfw at my uni gym
>2 baseball players approach the furthest right out of 3 power racks
>I'm at farthest left, powerlifter in middle
>toothpick legs
>load up lmao1pl8
>this gun b gud
>1/4 rep
>the angle of this kid's femur and tibia/fibula could not have even closed in on 120*
>knees tremble as he hits the top of his 1/4 rep
>adds .5pl8
>does it again
>takes off .5 and adds another pl8
>these jack skellington mother fuckers are gonna kill themselves
>with 2pl8
>I'm front squatting only 2.5pl8 for sets
>powerlifter in middle rack squatting parallel 415 for reps looks at me with that face Jim makes at the camera from The Office
>they add .5 again for a 2.5 total
>state at it
>deload to 1pl8
>continue to 1/4 rep

why

You should go as low as your mobility allows you to . Sometimes people are mobile , some aren't , really. Going ATG in expense of their lower back is rounding is probably the worst idea . While it's a necessity to go at least parallel when squating , you should consider the degree which you go deep . Do your fucking stretches

Low bar squats to parallel. Programed with linear progression if possible

Lmao dyel detected

Explain

and the 2pl8 ATG Squatter can rarely pause Squat 3pl8

What are you retarded, i squat 2 plates atg for paused reps and can't squat 3 pl8.

Nah;

Glutes: ATG
Quads: ATG or parallel

Fake squats: parallel

This fucking board. The funny part, all of you are 18-24 year old dyel twinks pretending to be something you are not.

sage

jokes on you I'm a 25 year old dyel twink.

>t. weakfags who can't even unrack 180kgs

t. offended parallel cuck

Lower

They are retards

if you refuse to change your stance in the face of new evidence you are a retard. simple as that

>I swear I can do more it's just one of those high gravity days mane. Yeah that's it I'm fuarkin strong you better believe it.

M8 what evidence? I'm new to this thread and genuinely curious.

do parallel squats and fuck up your back with deep leg press

I used to squat ass to grass and I was always so proud of it. I went down as far as my joints could possibly allow me. However, once I got to heavier weights my lower back started to hurt. I went to the gym with my friend and he filmed me and he told me I was buttwinking. So I found that I can only go to just below parallel. However, everybody's body is different. I've seen people who can go to ATG without buttwinking.

However, you better at least go parallel. No bullshit excuses will ever make your terrible squat not cringeworthy if you go above parallel.

unless you cant, then don't force it my dude

ATG whore actually

But who gives a shit.

>sup faggot

I have, what I feel is unfixable buttwink, and only squat parallel. My back hasn't hurt from squats since. I also have severe lumbar spinal issues so I'm limited.

I highly recommend monitoring your depth and when you buttwink and try your best to fix it. Buttwink is bad.

If you're asking this question OP, you should only be worried about breaking parallel.
Chances are that your form is too fucked up to see progressive overload with ATG squatting without excessive butt wink.

Dude. I can pause FRONT squat ATG 2 pl8s as a 1 rep max, but my back squat at parallel is 275lbs

3pl8 squat is more impressive. I do ATG every so often to make sure I can still get into the position, but I don't make it a staple of my routine. More like a supplementary accessory.

>I dont believe in ATG squats because going parallel allows me to lift more weight, besides who cares about aesthetics and form when girls want a man who is STRONG. Right guys?

who gives a fuck about squat depth, as long as you're hitting parallel you're fine, I personally squat ATG because my biomechanics allow me to, if you can't, then that's fine, enough with this cultist bullshit.

I can squat more atg than I can squat at parallel

>at gym yesterday
>doing ohp in the wrack
>some dude obviously on gear carrying around invisible watermelons makes his way over to the smith machine nearby
>loads up 1pl8
>proceeds to half rep squat it with terrible form (way in front of the bar, leaning back into it)
>grunts loud af the whole time