4th Century

>4th Century
>christians come to power
>pagans ask for tolerance
>christians effectively outlaw paganism: the income of pagan priests are confiscated, their temples and shrines are destroyed or repurposed, pagans are subject to random mob violence by christians, the eternal flame in the temple of Vesta is extinguished, the sacred Altar of Victory is removed and melted down, the Vestal Virgins are disbanded, pagan rites are outlawed on penalty of death, pagan holidays are abolished, the Olympic Games are outlawed for over a millennia, pagans have their property confiscated, censorship is imposed on cost of cutting off the hands of anyone caught copying banned works, and the murder of pagan priests and 'undesirables' is carried out by the government
>paganism is effectively wiped from the face of the earth

>20th Century
>atheists come to power
>christians demand tolerance

Is this 2008? Do people even still call themselves atheists?

Athiests are homewreckers and usually gay? What else is new, their God is the color of their skin and vanity

Rome really should have been more thorough with the christfag removal program.

>2018 AD
>Mid-tier Emma poster posts his worst thread yet
>doesn't realize that those pagan rituals were largely a menace to civilized society
>he thinks he gets to pick and choose which parts of paganism survive
>he thinks things like public gladiator death matches would have gone away without Christianity
>he thinks paganism is comparable to Christianity in any way
>he actually thinks mid-tier Emma is top-tier
>he pretends he didn't see her hair at the CC awards
>ishygddt

Atheism isn't a religion dumbass

>Pagans bully Christians horribly for centuries
>Christians ask for tolerance
>Get none
>Christians come to power
>Christians bully pagans horribly for centuries
>Pagans ask for tolerance
>Get none
>Centuries pass
>Atheists ask for tolerance
>They actually get it and are allowed to believe whatever they want
>Pagans come back and ask for tolerance
>Every religion under the sun comes and asks for tolerance
>2018
>OP comes here and makes a retard post
>OP doesn't realize the group Christians are the least tolerant of are actually other Christians

>>menace to civilized society
>>when rome rose to the height of it's power while observing polytheist religious practice.
>>rest of post is a mix of tedious whataboutism while ignoring that medival christendom was awful too from a modern perspective and stupidly thinking that the polytheists wouldn't have mellowed out over the coming centuries too because reasons and also bitching about somebody else's taste in random hollywood sluts.

Christfags gonna fag it up I suppose.

ussr had a state church of atheism

>Pagans come back and ask for tolerance
>They are called LARPing fags because they are LARPing fags

>>christians ask for tolerance.
Except no, tons of them wanted to be martyred to the point that they would attack polytheist religious figures and sites in an attempt to provoke martyrdom. The early christians were basically the taliban with better press.

That's still not all of atheism. what does an American atheist have to do with that supposed state church?

Christians are pagans too

>>christfags who endlessly fantasize about being crusader knights call modern euro-polytheists larpers

O I am laffin

At the height of the imperial era Rome was what a person like you would call "degenerate." The Roman philosophers themselves lamented the poor state of public morals but only Christianity was able to motivate the average plebeian to actually change things.

Also if you can't appreciate women's hair then I just feel bad for you.

the death of Julain "the Apostate" is the greatest tragedy of the ancient world. Imagine if a Neoplatonist reformed paganism would have been the main religion of the west.

Pagan literally means non-Abrahamic. by definition it's not
Yes. I love posting deus vult memes and I have never been to church in a couple of years. I say the blessing at dinner when I'm with my aunt and uncle though.

>Pagans bully Christians horribly for centuries
Le religious persecution meme xDd there was not actual organised persecution until Diocletian and it was too late as Cuckstinian was in the horizon.

>Cuckstinian
>Degenerate effeminate who literally killed his own son but gave property and money to the Ch*rch
Gets to be a saint

>Julian
>Virtuous, high minded, a general whose main concern was the welfare of the Roman People, a literal Philosopher King.
Gets damned for putting a reasonable stop to the growing power of the Ch*rch

Who's the cutie in the photo plz answer.

>If the persecution isn't state sponsored it doesn't count :)

neo-pagans are as bad as neo-nazis

at least admit when the people you idolize fucked up

according to the filename it's "bread roll"

tolerance is a meme

>worshiping a literal Jewish rabbi who disagreed with the other rabbis on his status as masiach and so was jewed by his own jewish kinsmen
>being part of the cult of the jewish carpenter that imposes cuckoldry: the morality whose most admired archetype is a chaste tonsured bitch sissy

He didn't say that it didn't count, he said that it wasn't organized and I would add that in general persecutions were very sporadic until the empire ran into serious internal problems in the latter years.

>>muh degeneracy
Rome was degenerate by /pol/'s retarded standards all throughout it's history. Even Byzantium had tons of prostitutes. I could give a fuck less about the degeneracy meme.

Hardly, tolerance is how non-insane and non-autistic people get through daily life.

Well, at least you admit to the idiotic hypocrisy involved in this silliness.

>Rome needed Christianity to remove degeneracy.
What a meme. The Romans needed Germanic cultural enrichment to remove degeneracy.

Wew, can't tell if you're memeing or not but you got the noggin joggin with that one.

The moral fabric of Rome wasn't notably improved by the state's conversion. Things didn't get pious until shit really hit the fan.

Oh don't get me wrong I'm not saying Rome switching to Christianity did it any favors, but, to go ahead and declare the paganistic Germans were the solution to the problem is ridiculous.

I was half joking. In that their invasion brought real calamity, they restored piety and moral integrity. But not directly or intentionally. I don't think their paganism hurt or helped, especially.

Source?

Oh ok I see what you're saying now, sorry I thought you were trying to claim that bringing in Germanic people as citizens were necessary for Rome's survival.

Dear God it's way too late with too much of this bottle left. I need to go to sleep.

Julian was a jew loving disgrace. Actively wanting to restore the jewish temple. He wasnt "based"

>>doesn't realize that those pagan rituals were largely a menace to civilized society
is this a fucking joke

>what is Greece
>what is rome
Civilized society is a pagan invention

There is literally nothing wrong with letting Jews have a temple in Judea.

t. american evangelical

kneel and swallow israeli shit you slave

>being so clouded by modern politics and anti-Semitism that your view of historical events is skewed
What does amerimutt evangelical zionism have to do with ancient Romans building a temple for Jews?

#notallatheists

It didn't have a church of atheism, that'd be fucking stupid, but it did have anti-theist organisations.

>he thinks average people are tolerant

>unironically calling yourself atheist on Veeky Forums
>not larping as your favorite denomination and shitting on the others

Who here /spiritualpagan/ master race?

>atheists
>controlling anything

What do you mean by that, exactly?

It's the neverending conflict between the traditional rural man and the degenerate eternal urbanite. Christianity in Rome was spread by urbanites and women, the very word "pagan" literally means "rural person".

>implies Watson is worse than the two worst emmas.
>seems to have almost a grasp of the concept necessary for a good refute but fails the execution completely and just comes along as babbeling.
>probably has no grasp of anyting, actually

>atheists come to power

>20th century Christianity is the same as 4th century Christianity
>people from 1600 years ago are still alive and in control of the church

They typically are actually, you only really see massive amounts of spontaneous intolerance during times of severe crisis.

The difference is that atheists are either jews or week soyboy manlets whereas christians were the chads of the era

Do to them what they did upon you

This guy gets it

>makes nonsensical arguments about Emma posting
>thinks pagan rituals were worse than Christian ones
>doesn't realize public gladiator death matches were little more than glorified wrestling / MMA
>doesn't realize based traditions and ancestor worship own beta pacifist religion any day