When did you guys realise that flat bench is just an ego lift and that incline and dumbbells are superior for...

When did you guys realise that flat bench is just an ego lift and that incline and dumbbells are superior for hypertrophy?

give some empirical evidence of this

otherwise its bait

Ask pretty much any bodybuilder

Still not empirical evidence. Nice bait.

Don't flat and incline stretch different areas of pecs?

Flat for lower part. Incline for upper part.

t. skinnyfat pseudo powerlifter who has been doing SS for 1 year

Both exercises hit pectoralis major, but yeah, incline focuses more in the clavicular head and flat more on sternal head.

Not him, but still not proof of anything.

When i read this post

>Strength = Ego
>(You)

Yeah senpai, I bet you are the guy I see benching the 14kg dumbbells at my gym but hey, they are better for hypertrophy right?

tfw i bench 14kg dumbbells

I bench 2 plates for reps you slag

Keep it up senpai and you will be stronger in no time

>Lifting heavy weight for the sole purpose of lifting even heavier weight

Literal autism

>flat bench
>ego lift
>hypertrophy
>not ego
LMAO

more like

>soul purpose

get the fuck off of Veeky Forums

Attempting to lift weights at all is simply for an ego boost.

let's see your results

>training bench doesn't improve OHP
>Training OHP improves bench
>Routine focuses on THE PRESS and push ups
>Chest development is fine
>OHP is more than bodyweight

hypertrophy is an ego goal.

Damn. That right there is some irrefutable proof. Hell, I don't even know why I ever doubted you!

But srrs, go fuck yourself, and get some evidence while you do it.

It's pretty much accepted on any bodybuilding site that dumbells are superior (even rippetoe says so)

And it's pretty much accepted on any bodybuilding site that you need 15 reps per set to get bigger. That doesn't make it true.

I do single armed dumbbell bench and one armed push-ups because I'm a poorfag homeworkout guy, and I have made better chest progress than I ever did on SS.

That was beautiful

Why not do both you absolute moron?

>single armed dumbbell bench
how do you keep balance?

it really depends

some people truly aren't built to squat or bench press efficiently, and as a result they progress slowly, or don't get enough stimulation where they need it.

unless you're training pl or wl, there is no lift you absolutely have to do.if your end goal is hypertrophy - find a horizontal press variant that suits your needs, and just progress on it. it doesn't matter if it's barbells, dumbbells, or machines.

that being said, you can always compromise by adding in some chest flyes after your bench work. this has the added bonus of being 'insurance volume'. honestly, this whole minimalist training fad needs to die off, it's worse than the "hurr squats and deads" dogma. if your frequency isn't high, why would you cut the hell out of your volume? (this is assuming you're trying to gain mass, and no i'm not giving you permission to go and blast your chest with 20 sets on "chest day")

>SS has 25 reps of chest work 1.5 days a week
>He adds in more chest volume and frequency
>gets better results

I just can't believe that working a muscle group harder and more often would lead to better progression.

>Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe, pg. 68, Starting Strength
...the dumbbell version of the exercise...is probably a better exercises for most purposes other than powerlifting competition.
There are a few reasons why the barbell version is the preferred "initiation" to the supine press (as the bench press used to be called). The primary one is simply that it is more appropriate to start with the technically easier exercise.

Veeky Forums BLOWN THE FUCK OUT

Lots of lifts are ego lifts.

Want biceps ? Chinups are the most effective for hypertrophy. The only reason people like to isolate muscles is when they are on gear and can afford to lift 7 days a week.

Flat bench is probably the most useless exercise for anyone who doesn't powerlift.

>Little carryover to strongman, oly lifting, or other sports
>Better chest exercises for bodybuilding

>Chinups are the most effective for hypertrophy.
Fucking full retarded.

No. Deadlifts are ego lifts, one armed calisthenics too. Not isolations

One arm calisthenics have 100% carry over to every thing you can do in life and are faster and more convenient then any lift you can name.

i went from 35 lb dumbbells to 60 lb dumbbells in 3 months. i mean im still DYEL as fuck, but you can make quick progress as a beginner.

Fucking ur mum is all the ego boost i need m8

I do one armed calisthenics for ego and carry-over

>Only drink milk

>nobody recognizes Adi. A tripfag that is not even that old.
>the tinder legend
Man I miss him. Too bad he got doxxed .

it is, in my opinion, the best exercise for chest to overload the muscle with heavy ass weight. Any ilft can be an ego lift.