Is natty bulking really a meme...

Is natty bulking really a meme? Every damn time I think to myself: gotta build a strength foundation before you can look good, you gotta eat etc. Than ny abs dissapear, than I start to feel fat, than I cut again and never achieve any of my strength goals. Is bulking and cutting useless when you're not roiding? Help me Veeky Forums, pic related, it's me

Other urls found in this thread:

aworkoutroutine.com/the-beginner-weight-training-workout-routine/
chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2011/08/what-exactly-is-ideal-to-cut-or-not-to.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

when u bulk u shouldnt worry about aesthetics just strength, then when u cut go slowly so u maintain ur strength but define ur muscles

eat right & healthy

You don't have to cut, just be careful about your diet and control your carbs intake... I don't do any cutting/bulking periods, instead I do some force cycling, and when I do that, I eat more carbs than usually

Have you tried `lifting?

I did. I put on 12 kg in the last 10 months, started as a 55kg skellington.

I get that, and I honestly try to. But I always see people in cbt threads with really low bf% but with insane stats on all lifts and I wonder what the best course of action would be.

Then what is your problem, exactly? Fuck off, whiny bitch.

My problem is that I don't know how to go from here. I don't want to be stuck at my strength level, bulking and cutting all the time. I'm asking for advice, friend.

you look strong.

got any pics of your starting point?

Natty lifting after initial beginner gains is a meme.

If you wanna stay lean year round, cut down to 10-9%, then just bulk for one week cut for one week

You will always be at 10-9% and gain muscle

I am a stripper, so this is a nessecity for me. It works.

Also, a clean diet will help, you will gain more muscle less fat on bulk

Ignore the guys saying you need steroids to look good, you can look good without them, just takes extra dedication and work ethic. If you wanna be a monster, you need roids and dedication and work ethic. There is no reason to take roids to look like a natural like 90% of the guys here do

I do, but I'm currently on my phone. Will post, if this thread isn't dead by the time I get home.

Thanks m8, I'll look into what you suggested. But isn't it weird for your body to change caloric intake every week? How do you fare strength-wise?

>I am a stripper, so this is a nessecity for me. It works.
post pics.

I'm bulking, trying to limit carbs a bit and it's working.
I'm still gaining a bit of fat, but far less than outright bulking.
The endgame is an easier cut.
Another funny perk is that I can see my abs even when bulking (not very defined, but still).
Going strong at ~15% body fat.

The disvantage? It's a bit slower gaining strength/muscles, but I'm not in a sprinting competition, so there's that.

Bulking and cutting is generally the name of the game. Unless you want to try leangains or intermittent fasting, that's simply the easiest way to gain size.

Still, there are degrees. I've been slowbulking for more than three years, for instance, haven't done a cut yet.

>You will always be at 10-9% and gain muscle

lmao. nope. You'll be maintaining. If you're a noob and train hard you will gain strength and maybe a tiny bit of muscle but it will be painfully slow

OP, watch your calories. Bulk 200-300 over what you need to maintain for a long period of time

Are you an idiot?

You gain muscle for the week or two you are bulking, then you cut for a week to cut the fat you gained during the bulk.

jesus

You maintain... if you eat maintenance... . Honestly if you know so little about bodybuilding why offer advice?

show me a single xoxox

You probably missed out on a lot of noob gains by cutting too early. Reminder that you should bulk for at least a year straight as a beginner for maximum noob gains.

t. 20% bodyfat embarrassed to take his shirt off at the pool

t. when you bring home girls from the club they look dissapotined when you take off your shirt

t. folds of fat when you lean forward

etc etc

>Buddy at the gym tells me about how he's a PT
>Paying for coaching because he's stalled at 185lb squat
>Give him some form tips
>ask him if he's tried eating more
>"no I get fat instantly"
>Buddy is literal skellington mode
MFW

if you think a week is enough for your body to gain considerable muscle you are literally retarded. Do you even lift weights?

Can you explain. I've been lifting 3 times a week for the past 1.5 months this coming from being a fatass sperg whos done nothing physical his whole life. I'm 5'10
Start. 225lbs
I started lifting and eat between 1200 and 1600 cals a day, kinda pig out once every 7 or 9 days and maybe eat 2-3k calorie
Bench 75
Squat 85lbs
Deadlift 65lbs

I started real light to work on my form. I use this routine
aworkoutroutine.com/the-beginner-weight-training-workout-routine/

Current: 198 Lbs and lifts as of last night. Should I just be fat and bulk until I can lift more and then cut?
Bench: 130
Squat: 135
Deadlift: 165

You're legitimatly braindead.

This process is employed by everyone in the profession, everyone that needs to look lean 365/24/7

Your arguement:

>Cuting for a week 10 times and bulking for 2 weeks 10 times is any different than bulking for 20 weeks and cutting for 10 weeks once

just think before you type man? Right? common sense? Use it?

Should add that I am seeing progress. Its probably laughable by your guys standards but I can flex muscles I never knew I had now and people say I'm looking good even though I've been keeping the fact that im lifting and changing my lifestyle drastically (I'd like to impress people come summertime)

how fat is too fat by normie standards? i've been bulking for 6.5 months now and my abs are officially gone but i look a lot fuller in t's through my chest and shoulders and i don't have a gut or anything so i don't really see an issue. but i look soft af without a shirt on. should i go for another 1-2 months?

>I look like shit
>should I get fatter?

Cut lamo.

>normie standards

Fuck normies, be better than them. Leaner, bigger, BETTER.

CMON 5 SCOOPS

>Should I just be fat and bulk until I can lift more and then cut?
No, keep doing what you're doing. You can probably make a lot more gains while cutting before you stall.
Generally speaking, if something works for you then use it until it stops working.

Thanks user, just don't want to set myself up for fail, which is why I started on a cut and meal prepping, cant outrun a bad diet.

>Trying to lose weight and gain muscle at the same time
This is a really bad idea.
Not only will it be hard on your body and mind, but you also won't gain nearly the same amount of muscle as a clean bulk.

I would drop the lifting and focus on the diet until you're down to a good weight.

Woah shit dude, we look really similar. I even have that exact same pair of underwear.
I'm 6' and 180 lbs though and my stats are
Sq 320
B 190
DL 340
OHP 140
Definitely keep bulking I started from 160 and it took me about a year to get to my weight and strength

OP here, hot damn we look alike, it kinda creeps me out. Cheers m8, your stats give me hope.

Awful advice.

It's not a meme. It's just extremely hard. I also don't buy into "slow bulking" as a natural; at least it doesn't work well for me. To gain size and strength I need at least a 500calorie surplus.

Pic relates, me after bulk then after cut.

Mid cut here.

serious question: why not do steroids?

>messing with hormones
>ups and downs of cycle
>hairloss, Gyno. Testie shrinking, back zits
>being able to accuse anybody bigger or stronger than you of cheating.

WHITE PEOPLE LOL

Elaborate.

but sik gainz

lifting becomes very boring when you're offcycle and you'll feel the need to hop back on gear

also if you haven't hit natty limit you should not do it

>haven't hit natty limit

Always talking about natty limits but when do I reach them?

You know you've hit your natty limit once you decide to take steroids. So wherever, whenever you decide to take steroids, that's how you know you've hit your natty limit.

what's your daily surplus, what's your routine, what are your lifts?

>Pls respond

mid cut is goal body my man.
What are your stats? Height?

I'm a manlet, 5'5 135 in that mid cut pic.

What are your lifts? What sort of routine do you do?

I'm curious because it looks like you home gym based on the pic. We have basically the same equipment.

As a manlet(I'm the guy in the pic) I love manlet jokes. Crack me up every tim.

I think you have body dysmorphia m8, if you think being 15-20% bf at most for a short timeframe is bad, you've got serious issues.

Then you might like this too

I run PP Off PPL off repeat. I personally gain better on legs when only doing it once a week and I hit upper twice a week. I change it up from time to time but its essentially:

Push:
Bench Press 4x12
Low Cable Crossovers 3x15
Dumbbell Press 3x12-15
Dumbbell Lateral Raises 4x12-15
Tricep Pushdowns 3x12-15

Pull:
Pullups 4x15 with added weight
Seated Cable Rows 3x12-15
Barbell Curls 3x15
Cable Hammer Curls 3x15
One Arm Cable Rows 3x15
Dumbbell Shrugs 4x15

Legs:
Deadlift 3x5 / squat 4x5 (alternate)
Calve Raises 4x15-20 (dip belt w/weight)
Hamstring Curls 3x15 (cable machine)
Cable Crunches 3x15

Pic related it's current home gym. Small 10x16 wooden shed with the typical Olympic bar and weights, squat rack, bench and cable crossover machine.

I like your style m8,

I like your style m8

Bulking is great. Not to mention having above average body fat % when defined literally looks 100% better than having below 10%

>boohoo I'll be fat :(
Noose yourself if you actually give a shit and you don't have abs so it shouldn't matter

I'm really liking that routine man. Thanks for sharing.

How long is your bulk, how long is your cut?
Severity of bulk is +500, what is deficit on cut?

You are dyel af, have u tried lifting?

Daily surplus now is about 500 calories. It used to be 300 max.
I do 5/3/1.
1RM's for lifts are:
>Deadlift: 140kg/315lbs
>Benchpress: 100kg/220lbs
>Squat: 100kg/220lbs
>OHP: 60kg/135lbs

I do an Upper/Lower 5-6x per week while bulking around 300-600cals. Sometimes more if I'm in a social setting, like a night out drinking with bros and grills.

Being skinnyfat while bulking gives me fucking anxiety sometimes, but I know that I just gotta bite the bullet and fight through it, then do a 2 month-ish cut around March or April.

Bulking and cutting does work, maybe better than a "slow bulk". But you gotta deal with the extra fat, that's the downside

3 years and those lifts and your giving advice.

I bulk for 6-8 months and when I cut I typically take it slow and only lose a pound a week.

hey nice senpai i'm in the same boat, we even look the sameish assuming that's you

around 189 right now (i'm 6 foot or 6'1ish) and plan to cut when I hit 200 (which should be around late feb early march)

here's to hoping we both look good next year

I've been using weights less than a year. I used to do calisthenics.
Also, I don't need a 200kg DL to know about bulking and cutting. Nice try, though.

thanks brother. you da man(let)

You look delicious, OP. Don't worry about getting a little chubbier. You have a ways to go before you're gross.

you bulk with a 200-400kcal surpluss. if you eat too much then you gain too much fat, and thats pointless.

and then you have to stick to it. for months, make sure to get enough sleep and dont sit around all day.

No.No. Learn how to eat at the proper surplus/maintenance/deficit and prosper. +500kcal surplus for the last couple months, up to 201.6lbs with abs from 185lbs.

Never lost abs on a surplus, even when I did GOMAD. LIFT HARDER OP.

i bulked with 500 kcal surplus for 6 months and went from 8%bf to 17%bf. I think i gained too much fat.
Is a 300kcal surplus a good way to go for the next bulk?

You will gain almost 50% less fat than your last bulk, so probably.

Lotus I'm confused. You said last week to never exceed +250 as a natty, then this week, you are telling us you yourself are bulking at +500.

Did you mean 'begginers shouldn't exceed +250?'

I do cardio which puts me at +250kcal.

Not him but why would dropping the exercises benefit him when he's gaining strength AND losing weight at the same time?

do you still do mike o harnes program?

I love you, Lotus.

thanksu

jesus christ you're humongous wtf.

you have a big dick?

can you post it?

trying to copy people that are already at or near their genetic peak is pretty retarded but you can do whatever you want I guess

That program is/was dope as fuck, made mega gains on it, fuck you've been around for a while. No. But my split is very similar, start with compounds usually, then accessory work for a total of 4-5 exercises per workout.

:)

Thanks m8, won't get bigger than this though, gotta cut in a 6 weeks.

I've been doing a PPL now for 3 months ish, similar exercises to you but seems like your rep ranges are quite high. have you found this to be better than 3x5/5x5 style? considering switching because im gaining too much fat on this bulk even tho im watching my calories pretty well :\

>Is natty bulking really a meme?
Yes.
>Every damn time I think to myself: gotta build a strength foundation before you can look good, you gotta eat etc. Than ny abs dissapear, than I start to feel fat, than I cut again and never achieve any of my strength goals.
You don't 'have' to "build a strength foundation and that's stupid quit doing it.
>Is bulking and cutting useless when you're not roiding?
It's still largely a meme even if you roid.
>chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2011/08/what-exactly-is-ideal-to-cut-or-not-to.html

More total volume = more hypertrophy. Can do this with sets of reps and don't ng it with reps is easier to recover from instead of doing 5x5 constantly. Especially if you're lifting 5-7 times a week.

Try counting your macros.

Fucking auto correct. You can get more volume by sticking to the same rep scheme and doing more sets or by increasing the rep range. It's usually better to just do higher rep ranges as working in the 5 rep range is harder to recover from, especially if you're working out 5-6 days a week.

I already am, using mfp to track everything I eat.

What I get out of this thread is: I either have to push through the bulk, get over myself and accept that I'll gain a little more fat than what I'm comfortable with. Or I should stick to basically what I'm doing and hope for the best. Thanks.