Why do so many people recommend deadlift and squats when it's so easy to really hurt yourself...

Why do so many people recommend deadlift and squats when it's so easy to really hurt yourself? Especially since you can easily replace it with less technical exercises and get the same result for lower risk.

Stop being gay

>roidingmanletinboots.jpeg
WWTL?

Because you can't get the same results

>straining that hard to lift 365
Roiders; when will they learn?

You will hurt yourself if youre stupid.

And you need 3-5 exercises to replace one of them.

/thread

It's really easy to hurt yourself doing any heavy lifts if you're retarded.

Hey look it's this thread again.

I dont think they're a good idea if you:

A) Don't have a coach or some shit to show you exactly how to do them

B) Go as heavy as you possibly can and push the shit out of yourself with them every time

Its honestly just not good for your body, calling someone a pussy for it is ridiculous.

I dont even do mid-weight stuff like that. Unless you're buildign your career around being able to move mountains of fucking weight competitively there is no point in destroying your body.

Pussy

Veeky Forums FOR A YEAR NOW FOR A FUCKING GOD DAMN YEEEEEEEEER. i have TRIED to look up countless deadlifting youtube vids and looked into SL i still get pain in my lower back after i deadlift WTF. it goes away if i stop diddly but comes right back after i begin again. HOW THE FUCK AM I SUPPOSED TO DO 5X5 OR 3X5 LIKE THIS WTF

So you can hurt yourself if you dont properly do an exercise?

Shieeeeeet

Personally I hurt myself 2 months after starting on squats because my form was sloppy and i wasn't paying any attention to the details.

After 2 months off I started again but this time I autistically recorded all of my sets and analyzed them when I got home from the gym, watched all the form videos and information I could get and my hands on and worked really hard on technique for all my compounds, reread the cues for each lift before every gym session so they would be fresh in my head. I did all that until it became second nature.

5 years and I've never been hurt since. If you take the time to learn the proper form you won't get hurt. If you just go in and think you can just start hoisting up the weights with sloppy technique like I did, you will snap your shit up. Pretty simple really.

A) make sure your lower back is neutral during lifts. Read up on techniwue and watch videoes. You can videotape yourself and have proffesionals look at it online

B) going heavy is no problem when ypur form is decent. And beginners are too weak to do any harm. Unless their form is horrible

Stop being a pussy

Fix your hip position. Learn abdominal bracing, and keep the bar close to your shins

i deadlift right next to the mirror and glance occasionaly i make sure my hips are above my knees but not too high. ill look into ab bracing tho but i do keep the bar as close to my shins as possible. could it be possible my waist isnt flexible enough? i also think i might be lifting with my hips at a certain point. but shit man i diddly 1pl8 for 8 reps last year and it didnt hurt until i start pushing myself torwards the end ( last rep). sucks cause my bench is 280 and all my other lifts are good but i cant into diddly its fucking frustrating

and it didnt hurt immedietly it was a slow achy pain i got the next day or 2 lower back where i could barely bend over.

You may need to have hips higher. It depends on your proportions. IIf your hips go up before the weight is moving then youre in wrong position for your hips. Videotape yourself and post it on starting strength forum. You hip position is probably wrong, and make sure to not jerk it of the ground.

I had the same issue, and so did my friend. We both had wrong postion. We had the hips too low. We pulled the bar closer. Used a more horizontal back position and learned how to brace properly. And now we dont have any pain. We both have long femurs. It could be different for you. Which is why you need to film it.

>specially since you can easily replace it with less technical exercises and get the same result for lower risk.

Tell me of those less technical exercises, that get you to be stronger when picking things up from the floor.
Please.
I have spina bifida occulta (my brother was born with a full myelomeningocele) and have been deadlifting to help my spinal erectors hold my naturally lame spine in place, but if I can actually get a better result by not deadlifting 220kg off the floor, I'm all ears.