What exactly is the difference between meat protein and other sources of protein?

What exactly is the difference between meat protein and other sources of protein?

Meat is the most expensive thing i buy, but for 1.5€ i can get 3000+ calories worth of peanuts, which has 125g of protein.

Can i get all my protein from peanuts or do i need to eat meat to get big?

Other urls found in this thread:

onegreenplanet.org/vegan-food/the-ultimate-guide-to-vegan-meats-and-meat-substitutes/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

some plant proteins arent consumed as well as meat protein, not all of them.

Aminoacids.

This , plus 125 g for 3k kcal is a bad ratio. If you want to cut at 2k kcal, you are limiting yourself to 80g protein. That is probably too little.

But if im trying to bulk and gain muscle at the same time, would things like eating a shitload of peanuts be a good?
Is there any medical threat from eating that many peanuts a day?

don't eat salted peanuts. that much sodium will kill you and it will hurt the entire time you're dying
regular peanuts are fine. i eat a handful every day. apparently they are good for the heart

protein is made up of a bunch of different amino acids, and the different protein sources contain different amino acid profiles. not all amino acids are super useful, and some plant based sources lack some essential amino acids.

Eat them with some grains like oats and you have a complete protein "meal", just as good as animal protein (minus the great bioavailability, but it's good enough for gainz). If I was you, I'd have a shit ton of Peanut Butter sandwiches (with whole wheat bread)

you would be sweating fat if you ate that many peanuts

Eggs are a high quality source of protein, and much cheaper than meat. Great when bulking.
Nuts are great for upping kcal intake, but not necessarily as a protein source.

this, I find pre-salted peanuts waaay to salty, so I buy unsalted ones and add a bit of it myself so it doesn't taste like raw feet
but yeah, peanuts are GOAT for bulking

so if i got i right, i can get the essential amino acids only from meat?

i also have acne, will peanuts increase my acne outbreaks?

Beans are a better alternative than peanuts. Lentils are probably the cheapest protein for your buck and have a decent AA profile. 1 pound of dry lentils is about 115g protein, 1100-1600 calories depending on if you want to include fiber calories, and should cost somewhere between $1-2

My understanding is that the amino acid profile of legumes and the like are not complete, compared to that of meat. I think legumes are missing things like carnitine and something else.

You also need to be aware that peanuts are brutally high in fats and are generally salted. I would recommend finding some other methods of getting protein. Perhaps dairy and the like if you must avoid meats.

This site doesn't say shit about macros or anything but here are some alternatives: onegreenplanet.org/vegan-food/the-ultimate-guide-to-vegan-meats-and-meat-substitutes/

For cheaper protein that still has a good ratio of protein per kcal, go with eggs, beans, and lentils. Though as some other anons pointed out, the amino acid profile may be sub-optimal. You'll have to do some more research.

Unless you plan on getting all your protein from one source it is a moot point.

>so if i got i right, i can get the essential amino acids only from meat?

It's a lot harder to do without meat. Humans weren't meant to be vegan.

Ignoring amino acids and complete proteins and shit.

Less lean cuts of pork and beef can give you 150-200 calories and 20-25g protein per 100 grams.

Lean cuts give you 100-140 calories and 20-25g protein per 100grams.

Peanuts give you 25g protein per 600 calories at 100grams(not satiating at all).

Lentils and kidney beans give about 8g protein and 110 calories per 100 grams.

Basically, you're fucked because your "protein source" is actually a carb source, so if you eat other starchy shit like rice/potatos or fruits/etc you wont have any room at all to fit your protein requirements outside of being cucked into using protein powder.

daily reminder that human breast milk is made of 5% protein, and completely different amino acid profile than meat and milk, and you grow twice in size during breastfeeding.

>meant to

What did he mean by this?

>It's a lot harder to do without meat.

Tell me more

>maintaining +50% body fat
No thanks.,

TVP gives you 50g protons per 100g, 330kcal

Not quite. Meats do tend to be complete proteins, making the process way simpler, but there are a lot of non-meat complete protein sources.
There are 23 amino acids, 14 of which can be synthesised from the other 9. If you can find the amino acid profile for a given protein, you should be able to compare it to that of beef pretty easily. Also, from what I understand, Leucine is of particular importance.

Worth doing research into if you care about nutrition.

Ironically, the only protein that actually completely lacks certain amino acids is gelatin, an animal protein.

*certain essential amino acids

unsalted peanuts cost a lot more than buying a bunch of salted ones.
so just buy salted peanuts and wash them.

peanuts have a lot of fat, so make sure the bulk of your calories arent coming from peanuts.

eat a handful, maybe 500 cals worth to get to your required surplus if you're struggled to hit it with regular foods, but dont eat thousands of calories worth of peanuts.

and eat unsalted. they taste great without all the salt anyway.

i dont know why i find this so funny