Why are normdrones so bad at squatting? Guys I know can bench 2pl8 and can't even squat the same...

Why are normdrones so bad at squatting? Guys I know can bench 2pl8 and can't even squat the same. I'm pretty strong at squat (110kgx5) and it escapes me how these cretins don't think it's important.

Other urls found in this thread:

exrx.net/Testing/WeightLifting/StrengthStandards.html
youtube.com/watch?v=Ca9q070dnsM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

dafuq is that? Low bar squat with high bar position?

Mostly because they are pussys. Heavy squatting is incredibly exhausting and most guys don't want to actually work at the gym. Also it's rather easy to do it wrong and hurt yourself.

Some people are just not made for squatting. I can deadlift 4 pl8s, but struggle to squat 2 pl8s with good form.

>hahah everyone else is a normie but not me here on /fit xD xD

Fuck off

Remember to save and retort these threads folks.

Freebar squats are not for everyone. Many people just don't have the flexibility or the prerequisite strength to do them with even 1pl8. Seriously, I see guys at the gym all the time trying to do them, their heels come off the floor on every rep, they're struggling all the way down and all the way back up, knees shaking and veins standing out on their necks because they're straining all the weak core (abdominals and back) muscles that just can't handle supporting the motion. Sometimes I'll ask them to just go all the way down into an ATG position with no bar, and they just can't do it without toppling over. I tell them to go work on their flexibility and core for a month, then come back and try squats again before they wreck themselves. Most of them never come back.

Yeah - some people. That's not the reason why barely anyone ever squats more than 1pl8.

Have you tried wider stances and are you even mobile enough to do a proper squat?

>why does CHAD never squat yet he looks 3 times better than me!

How is gomad going faggot?

>that one fat neckbeard in every thread that has to remind you what his fictional comic superhero named Chad does

Yes. I work on mobility and I also do wide stance squats. It helps, but I still suck at them. It's a common lanklet problem.

Because your body needs to be tight and in strong form to bear the weight evenly on your body, no one teaches people this shit and the ones who do squat are usually taught. When i started out i had no idea what i was doing and didnt brace my core when squatting, it didnt end well and some people might get scared after something like that.

This. Strength and flexibility are one and the same when it comes to lifting strong. I can say this with experience of being overweight un-flexible fatty.

Is this bait or are you just painfully autistic? Everybody has different goals and those goals are really none of your business. I can squat 110kg for 5 as well, but I generally choose not to squat because I have arthritis in my lower back and I don't like putting weight on it. Regardless, you've got no right to think you're any better than the average curl bro.

> I'm pretty strong at squat
> 110 kg

no

>almost 3pl8 for 5
>weak

no

... 3pl8 is 140kg. You're just barely over 2pl8 at 110kg.

>110
>anywhere near 140

no

Personally I think everyone should start with the empty bar, do 3-5 sets of 20-30 reps, slowly, concentrating on form. Do that for a total of 12 training sessions, adding 5% to the total load every 4th session. That builds muscular endurance, and gives everything in the critical path a opportunity to start adapting and strengthening. After that jump the weight up to what you can do 3 sets of 10 to 13 reps, progressing 5% every 4th session. Seriously, it seems like most everyone tries to jump into squats way too quickly, then they get frustrated and confused when they stall out and/or get injured.

>counting the bar
kys

Have you tried trying?

Not him, but anyone with long femurs will struggle to squat.

545 DL, 385 squat here

Have you read the rest of the thread?

Based on things I've been reading lately and on my own experience, I believe this to be true.

>Guys I know can bench 2pl8 and can't even squat the same.

I thought it was just me.

Still weak tbqh

325 DL 175 Squat. God bless 0.30 femur to height ratio at 6'2

Fortunately nobody cares what your opinion is, because you're retarded.

Ok, tough guy. It's still stronger than 99% of people in every commercial gym.

I squat 100 lbs more than that for 5s, and I wouldn't consider my squat strong yet.

>I stalled out and hide the fact, but that doesn't stop me from making myself FEEL better by hacking on someone with intelligent advice

A 242 lb squat is shit. Stop comparing yourself to fags in your gym that don't even squat.

Nope, I'm making gains. 565 deadlift a couple weeks ago, 340 lb squats for 5s last night weighing 190 lbs. Doing 5x30 with an empty bar for weeks on end isn't just retarded, it's turbo retarded.

>242 lb squat
What kind of 3rd world number is that?

I'm not Op btw. Strength is relative. Considering a 3pl8 squat is way stronger than what the vast majority of people can do - one can say it's strong. It's not strong on Veeky Forums ofc, where everybody does 2/3/4/5 as a warmup, but we're just super mutants on here so whatever.

>Doing 5x30 with an empty bar for weeks on end isn't just retarded, it's turbo retarded.
I'm talking about for a complete, total, DYEL-tier beginner who has never set foot into a gym in the first place, who has ZERO conditioning of any kind, not anyone who has already been doing any sort of generalized training -- although if someone is experiencing the sort of fuck-ups mentioned here: then that person should take a step back and consider what they're doing wrong and take steps to correct it before they fuck themselves up in a big way.

Oh and by the way since you've shown you don't read EVERY SINGLE WORD, I have to CORRECT you now, since I DID SAY TO ADD WEIGHT EVERY WEEK, NOT LIFT WITH AN EMPTY BAR FOR A MONTH. Get correct before you post.

Who gets this mad on the internet?

That's 110 kg. Which is not 3 plate, so I don't know why you keep mentioning it.

Yeah, 3 plate is more than the majority of people can do. But the majority of people don't do heavy barbell squats to begin with. Stop comparing your stats to non-lifters. Compare yourself to actual strength athletes or bodybuilders. You could squat 100 lbs and decide "well that's better than most people, since most people don't do barbell squats!" It's still a shitty squat.

It's pretty easy to add a lot of weight to the squat as a beginner. Went from 75x5 to 210x5 in about 2 months. You just need to eat and not have absolutely retarded form. That being said I am a 18 year old male. I think that too many people are just scared of adding weight. +5 at a time at least weekly isn't crazy. You can't do it forever but it will get you decently strong in the meantime.

Shut up, faggot. You don't even lift.

I'm sorry. 45 lbs for a couple weeks, 47.25 for a couple weeks, 49.61 for a couple weeks. It was very erroneous of me to casually refer to those resistances as "the empty bar".

Don't give fitness advice to people.

I actually said 5 PERCENT, not 5 POUNDS, which after a point would be progressing slower, but sure.

The key here is to learn correct form before starting to add a shit-ton to the load. I don't think most do that, they're in too much of a hurry to get swole and think they can rush the process. Newbie gains don't really count for much since they're misleading, the line on the graph starts to level off.

No it's not 3pl8, it should be a max of 3pl8. Easier to talk about this number than kilos because Amerisharts will get confused over this.

>Compare yourself to actual strength athletes or bodybuilders.
Comparing yourself to professionals is about as usefull as comparing yourself to non-lifters. You should compare yourself to people that put in about as much effort as you do. And comparing a 3pl8 squat to your 4times a week brosplit fag will result in him being alot stronger.

>for a couple weeks
You clearly didn't pass 3rd grade reading comprehension and need to do remedial training in that area.

>2pl8 is 16 stone
>3pl8 is 22.5 stone
you are practically squatting the same weight

5% has ACCELERATED progress over time, holy fuck. You don't do fitness or math.

no, it isn't. Stop deluding yourself, 110kg x 5 is neither more than 99% of people or particularly strong, ffs most people squat more after 3 months of SS

It is. I've literally seen maybe 5 people squat 3pl8 or more irl. 5. And I've been to various (though always commercial) gyms for many years.

you don't need to be able to do an ATG unweighted squat to be able to squat to below parallel with a weight on your back... the ankle and hip flexibility to do this with a straight back is way beyond what is required
flexibility and mobility beyond what is required to be able to perform a movement you want to do correctly is not a good use of training time/effort

>he does a whole FIVE REPS per set
>he thinks he's stronk
LOL, no, you're delusional.
>training for 'aesthetics'
LOL, fags.

Wtf?
Do you go to an all woman gym?

LOL you guys clearly don't actually lift and just browse and shitpost on Veeky Forums, nothing more to see here..

You said 12 sessions. 2-3 sessions per week is a couple weeks for every 4th session.

I never said compare yourself to fucking Eddie Hall. You can be an athlete without being pro. Just stop comparing to non lifters.

Apparently.

As I said, I'm comparing stats to average lifters I see everyday at my gym. I don't know any actual strength athletes myself and comparing yourself to e-stats is autistic af. So comparing 3pl8 to the fags at my gym is quite strong.

You're a fucking idiot who buys the 'counting the bar' meme. It's called 3 plate because you USE 3 PLATES. 60 + 60 + 20 = 140. You're not remotely close.

You can't possibly be this dumb.

Shut the fuck up you've been lifting less than a year

Just realize that 110 kg squats are still beginner level. They're just over 2 plate. Nobody who actually lifts considers this anywhere near a "strong" squat. Rippetoe had Zach squatting 320 for 5x5 within months of training. 240 lbs for 5s isn't a good squat for anybody that takes lifting seriously at all. Maybe good for your first few months of lifting or whatever, but not "strong" by any absolute value.

Unless he weighs like, 60kg

Can confirm, started SL back in August, just did 260x5 yesterday. 240 is where I stalled the first time, it's not an impressive lift.

>measuring weight in rocks

>235 squat
>265 deadlift

god bless being a manlet

most "normalfags" dont do starting strength or similar

They only do seriously shit like bench and upper body isolation moves and do leg moves half-assed

110 Kg is not impressive, depending on body weight is novice level, attainable in a few months training.
I think it's just a bad shoop

No, not even then. 110 kg squats are not "strong" for any healthy adult male.

It's intermedeate though

tfw 5'6 and your femur is still disproportionately long

I'm the same as you guys kinda, 455DL 315 squat @ 6'3"

It really helped when I elevated my heels with some 5lb plates. Progressed a ton since I did that.

>he cant even squat 2pl8 lmao
>im strong at squat at 2pl8 +10kg

So can you bench 110?

How strong is a 2 plate squat in 3 months of gym work? Do I gots good genes or average 'uns?

I squat high(er) bar and with a bit of body lean (though less than proper low bar squat)

Dunno that it means anything, it's just where the bar sits the most securely / effortlessly on my back. If I go lower it feels like my arms are supporting the weight and if I go higher than I'd need some oly shoes in order to achieve depth.

Could someone tell me the app or whatever this thing is

Pretty typical for people that get the right start. Keep going and become great desu

Just google strength standards. The numbers are kind of low though. The USPA standards are better.

It's just a screenshot from exrx.net/Testing/WeightLifting/StrengthStandards.html

Google strength standards and you'll get better looking charts, but essentially they show the same, depending on the formula used to calculate them

I only squat high bar, but also with a bit of body lean since I'm not flexible enough to do a perfect high bar squat. Pic in Op isn't 'a bit of body lean' though, it's a full blown low bar squat/good morning with bend knees, but with the bar on her non-retracted traps.

Not OP, but benched 115 kg today (1RM), without a spotter. What do I win?

obligatory Veeky Forums dildo up your ass, of course

(you)

I have bad knees

press- 87k for reps
bench-135k for reps
squat 100 for 5
dl- 220k for a double last session

I just dont squat as seriously due to my knees

(You)
it took me 7 months to get to ATG 115 kg x 3
fuck off with 3 months of SS

>7 months to get to ATG 115 kg x 3

You're not gonna make it

you always count the bar when you list kg/lbs

I started with a shitty routine 4 months ago that does everything 3x10 and my squat right now is 75 kg (I could barely do 30kg when I started). Squat is my favorite exercise because it has given me some crazy gains. When I put 2 plates on my squats I will probably start crying, I find it fucking unbelievable that I will be able to lift 100 kg. It's just super difficult to believe.

I almost started crying the other day with deadlifts as well. I did my first proper deadlift last week.

Having tried deads myself, I could barely do 1x5 of the bar plus 10 kg of weight on each side. I asked the trainer the other day to show me the form. It turns out I was doing everything wrong. I try 10 kg with his form, he says "it's perfect, add more weight". He puts extra 2.5, again everything perfect, "MORE weight user". I was really scared at this point of going to snap city, but he was very determined, he said "I know you can do more", it's 15 kg each side now. I lift it with no problem. He says, "one final time". "Put one plate". Holy fuck I am thinking what the fuck is going on. He says "put one plate". I see one plate in front of me, I follow the form exactly as he described, and I see the entire bar going up. I almost cried in front of him. He then said "that's your starting weight user, now work your way up"

Being so close to 2 plates in squat, is just unbelievable.

If you're this bad at deadlifting you're probably shit at squatting too, learn how to squat, look at oly lifters, just reproduce what they do, breath into your belly, not in your face, keeping your core tight

>that pic

Hurts my back just looking at it

youtube.com/watch?v=Ca9q070dnsM

>217.5kg at 82 is elite
>230kg at 90 is elite
lmao wat