Hey /b/ros how the fuck do you do pull ups without equipment?

Hey /b/ros how the fuck do you do pull ups without equipment?

I've seen some people do them using a door. Is that shit safe?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fXVkCIolV60
youtube.com/watch?v=wSglftsQgoc
t-nation.com/training/inside-the-muscles-best-back-and-biceps-exercises
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

you will bend the hinge. just do them on stairs or or a tree branch outside. or fucking buy a thing called pullup bar for 20$ on amazon

I've tried to do them but my door somehow closed while I was up and pinched my fingers. Shit hurt, make sure you put something so they ca

op is a faggot

this guy stopped typing because his fingers started to hurt

No. You'll rip the top door hinge out of the doorframe, bend or destroy the lower hinge, and likely ruin the door (especially if it's a typical hollow-core interior door).

reeeeeee I guess I'll just forever stay a skinnyfag

bump for interest. My lats are lagging

just buy a pullup bar, its cheap safe and effective

Samefag.

You ruin door hinges. No.

Just buy a pull up bar. Keep it hung into a room where you walk in and out a lot, and every time you enter the room do 3-4 pullups.

shove something underneath the door to keep it from pulling on the hinges and its perfectly fine.

>3-4 pullups
not gonna make it

something towards the middle and the end of the door

>I've seen some people do them using a door
That's fucking retarded

Buy a $20 pull up bar. That's like 2 trips to Wendy's.

Jesus.

Should've mentioned to increase reps once you got the hang of it

You're mom retarded

>Spending 10$ at Wendy's

Fatty

if it's a steady door put something under it and see for yourself

chin-ups use more lats than pull-ups.

depends on width of grip, no?

no

3-5 reps is best for hypertrophy and strength

You're supposed to increase the weight

Chinups use more bicep than lats vice versa.

Naturally of course
youtube.com/watch?v=fXVkCIolV60

>vice versa.
So lats use more biceps than chinúps?

Chin-ups use biceps aswel. Pull-ups isolate lats pretty much. So pull ups are better for building lats

No man you literally cannot into the top position of a Pullup or Chin up without using all of your lats. Neutral grip shoulder width puts you in the most mechanically advantageous position.

I don't get this shit some guy told me that I was wasting my time doing chin ups because they isolate biceps.. like who the fuck started this meme!? Yeah put 180lbs on the barbell and then tell me chin ups isolate your biceps bro.

Wide grip is just artificial difficulty and you're cheating yourself out of perfectly acceptable reps and more volume for the sake of literal broscience.

If you want to get technical pullups are like hammer curls so you'll be hitting your biceps no matter what

Can you back this claim up with any actual studies? This is the first time I hear someone say that in three years, plus literally every reasonable lifting-site is on my side here.

How to install pull up bar on my ceiling?
Do ceilings have studs?
Help me be handyman, Veeky Forums.

You can prove it for yourself. Put at least 3/4 your bodyweight on a barbell and strict form curl it for as many reps as you can do Chin-ups. Oh you can't? There you go.

Now describe to me how one of the smallest muscle groups in your body puts more work in than one of the biggest muscle groups in your body in a heavy movement where you're mainly pulling your shoulders down and back.

Make sure you attach it to main support beams in your building. Attaching it to plasterboard or thin wooden planks is dangerous

Are you literally this stupid? Maybe the guy mis-spoke...

Chin ups don't ISOLATE your biceps, although it does FAVOR them more than a pull up.

Secondly.... wide grip is not artificial difficulty... that's a stupid fucking concept. Putting yourself at a mechanical disadvantage to increase the amount of muscle necessary to complete said rep, is like putting more weight on the bar. Also, wide gripped changes the angle at which the fibers in you lat muscles activate.

Wide gripped pullups are literally the gold standard for a powerful back.

Keep telling yourself chinups are good enough because you are too big of a weak pussy to do proper wide gripped pullups.

youtube.com/watch?v=wSglftsQgoc

Not the other guy, but why not do weighted pullups from shoulder width? Then you have the advantages of both ideal body mechanics and have more weight to lift.

Nah sorry man at the end of the day it's about volume good form and range of motion, if you can do more volume in a mechanically advantageous (not even to mention safer for your shoulders) position you're just shorting yourself. But yeah if you keep banging your head against the wall it'll work eventually.

Yeah that's what you do, once you can do at least 8 pull ups

This is true for me personally. I feel like chin ups engage more lat and pull ups more bicep. Its even the same on the pulldown.

>Hey /b/ros how the fuck do you do pull ups without equipment?

Find a playground with some kind of metal frame.

Go find some trees with low branches.

I made my own

buy a fucking door pullup bar on amazon for like 15 bucks you enormous faggot

do em anywhere

i did em on the frames of bathroom stalls, frames of swings on the playground and bunkbeds with legs straight out when i was travelling.

i do pull ups when i'm shitting, too, man

thats weird

>3-5 reps is best for hypertrophy and strength
Too kek, escape SS before it is too late my dude

>Bought a door mounted pull up bar
>Set it up
>After about 30 pull ups the trim snaps straight off
>House too weak for pullups

What do

If you have a basement use the beam. It will also improve your grip strength.

Would narrow grip chin ups affect lats more than neutral or wide grip?

can confirm the devil speaks the truth, used to do this at my grandparents before they finished the basement.

lose some weight

fork putdowns x F
table pushaways x F

I weight roughly 150 pounds, nice try though.

eee

been doing your pic related for 2 months or so. 3x6 right now. I'm only 150lb though.

How old is your house? It might just be a matter of your trim is too old to handle any real weight anymore. I bet it'd be as easy as installing a new door frame. You can buy those premade plastic ones or, if you want to make it nice, redo that section of the wall completely and just install wood trim separately.

who pushes away the table when they're done eating? seems kinda rude

Nope. Neither of those posts are mine.

Plebeian tier meme, get to the fucking gym you dip

>seriously implying that someone who isn't already at least past the point of being muscleless should go to a gym

>muh "nobody else cares lol" meme

Yeah, going to a gym when you're a skinnyfag or a fatass is just asking for trouble, and everyone knows it. Don't try to pretend that "nobody pays attention to anybody else" you delusional motherfucker.

honestly the reason i dont go to a gym is being broke as fuck

kek

You'll damage the drywall or siding.

just get a bar that hooks over a doorway like this

if you think a fucking pull-up bar will make you big I've got bad news for you

If you're about 110lbs

underrated

broom stick between 2 chairs

If you can get a tall wardrobe's side, but it's still uncomfortable. You may have to look outside your house to find something stable enough. Home pushup bars are fucking fake shit.

Arms uses more back than lats and biceps

kek

seems reliable. Good job.

Go to the nearest park

Kek, are those fucking staples?

No way an umbrella would handle my weight

pullups handstand pushups sprints and u get big with good diet

How the fuck do these work? Don't they damage the door/door frame anyway?

I've had it on my doorframe for 5-6 years, granted I've actually been using it regularly only for the last 2-3 years. There hasn't been any damage.

this.
its not like doing chins doesn't use your lats as much as pullups. its just that chins allow you to use your biceps better thus allowing you to do more weight/reps.

No, door frames are structurally strong as fuck so unless you're a fat shit doing stupid jerk pull ups you're fine.

you really couldn't get some rope and a bit of wood?

Honestly I prefer doing it on I beams than regular pull up bars plus with an I beem you cab do neutral grip and hang upside down like a sloth

>Miron devil trips

kek you really don't

Depends on your definition of "big"

A bodyweight routine will build muscle tone for sure

Won't make you a fucking bodybuilder though

jeff seid is natty stfu newfag

i don't know which one builds lats better because i fucking do both, nigga

>A bodyweight routine will build muscle tone for sure
oh sweet new years resolution child...

>every reasonable lifting site is on your side

Rip disagrees with you.

Also, t-nation.com/training/inside-the-muscles-best-back-and-biceps-exercises

Wide grip pull ups have a higher peak activation but they have a shorter ROM. Either way chins and pull ups are almost the same.

>Muscle tone
Misguided Newfag confirmed

>he's tricking himself into believing that he actually enjoys picking up and putting down several pounds of metal repeatedly in and of itself

sure, buddy. we all know you're doing this because you want to get ripped. no need to deny it like a fucking pussy

Joke's on you, my weights are vinyl

Doorpullups accomplish two wonderful things:

1) damages the door hinges and frame

2) proves ur a manlet

>manlet detected

>t. I have never done a door pull up

Whatever you say, submanlet.

>cheap safe and effective
>millions of youtube videos showing 50kg skinnyfags falling down with the bar.