Start of 2016:

>Start of 2016:
>Tell myself ill finally get fit, learn programming, how to play guitar and finally get a job I like

It's been a year guys. I haven't done any of it.

How the fuck do I make 2017 MY year?

Other urls found in this thread:

dawnbarclay.com/break-down-your-goals-into-do-able-chunks/
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Programming_Languages#Should_I_learn...
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>have realistic goals
>have a contingent mindset

What does that even mean

>guitar
is for showoffs only, it's completely useless otherwise.
>fit
can be done with sport and some weights.
>learn programming
and compete with 3rd worlders where $2 buys them a skype connection and a ticket out of poverty
>rewarding job
it has a title precisely because it's repetitive and no one wants to do it. Money is the reward for your time.

By that logic everything is useless.

What are we then, if not useless shells performing useless actions?

Write down your goals, break them down, make a plan and stick to it.

stop thinking of your life in terms of years and just fucking make something of yourself. don't bother waiting 11 days for 2017 to start, just fucking start doing something right now

Jesus man, what did you waste 2016 on?

No, 2017 is claimed by me already.
Will cut for the first time after bulking a couple of years, gained over 20kgs, gonna look sick on cruises this summer

The showoff types are universally less than they appear to be, I think it's better to aim the other way around. I only mean to promote less focus on the traits which are mainly about exhibition.

I say this having gained all those traits OP listed too. They seem like virtuous enough goals to start but they usually come from sub-par underlying ambitions. And they come with too much potential to overload attempts to find better values.

>Write down your goals, break them down, make a plan and stick to it.

Can you give an exampld?

How should a template look like?

These are the wrong questions, but this should help

dawnbarclay.com/break-down-your-goals-into-do-able-chunks/

there is no template to everything brah, sometimes you have to use your brain and figure out in what speed do you learn a skill.

>mfw I have achieved all of those

AMA OP

Thank you fellas.

Consider seeing a psychiatrist rather than ask for advice on a Sudanese gun cleaning forum.

Seriously, though, I've managed to go to a gym for a year now and am on the road towards getting a job as a junior consultant in 2017 since they've finally found the meds that work with me. I'm not you, though. Finding the right meds is a long process and it gives unfortunate side effects to some people, so if you can tough this shit without them, that would probably be better.

Considering you couldn't manage to do it in a whole year however, maybe seek professional help.

aren't meds what cause people to shoot up schools?

Nah man, fuck you, 2017 is mine

On track for straight A's
Gained 9kg in 6 weeks, aiming for another 25kg lean in 2017 whilst hitting 1/2/3/4, currently at 0/0.5/1/1.25

I have been told it's near-impossible, so I'm gonna get it done.

This is my year.

>Gained 9kg in 6 weeks
That's 1kg of muscle and 8kg of fat. Slow down.

2010: 3/10
2011: 8/10
2012: 7/10
2013: 8/10
2014: 0/10
2015: 9/10
2016: 1/10
2017: ?/10

I've noticed a pattern with odd numbered years being better. Therefore 2017 is mine, back off cunts

I will in a month or two, but I'm going from spooky skeleton mode, so I want a bit of fat. Aiming for bearmode by the end of 2018, fuck ottermode.

u wot m8 il fukin sock ya

I haven't shot up a school, if that's what you're asking. The only reason people shoot up schools and shit is because they're bitter cucks that shoot their face to spite their nose. You're obviously trying to be someone here and when you get meds and you notice you're improving in your life, you're not going to randomly decide to slaughter a school where you got your head dunked in the toilet and then give yourself a shot gun mouth wash.

The only thing that matters is you and what's stopping you. What was stopping me was constant anxiety , constant fatigue, causing me to be dead tired no matter what sleeping schedule I maintained, complete lack of interest in others and interacting with them, because I thought literally everything I did or said hurt others or reminded me of how I had hurt others in the past. Guess what? Now I'm on an anti-depressant and an anti-epileptic and I work jobs, expand social circles, work out, help out my sisters, I started dating again. You need to want to improve and if you find you actually want it, but can't do it, then maybe you need help and you're going to need to reach out.

If you want to make it your year you need to make it your life and start living in a way that's truly free from the weight of other people's expectations. Just do what you want and be true to yourself. Disengage the super ego and learn to simply be yourself.

(When I mean spooky skeleton mode, I mean my veins are visible all up my arms, even at rest. I'm gaining fat until some of it goes sub-dermal and they disappear, then I'll lower my caloric intake to a reasonable bulk.)

Jordan Peterson's future authoring program is probably amazing because Jordan Peterson is a legit genius.

I am slowly coming to terms with how full of shit everything and everyone is.

You can't even read a book and, after being bored to death by page 200, call it boring and go do something else. There are 9001 academics and journalists and other pseudointellectuals ready to call you a pleb.

I've read wealth of nations to page 200 and it's literally nothing but painstakingly slow anecdotes about increased supply lowering prices and decreased supply raising prices. It's boring as shit trivial anecdotes yet I will be called a pleb for saying that.

I am at about page 350 of a Dickens book and even though its paid by the word turgid aimless nonsense I will be called a pleb for saying that. Even though Dickens wrote for people with less formal education than 10 year olds today, pseudointellectuals pretend that reading him is a sign of intelligence and that you need ten PhDs to understand him. THAT is how high pseudointellectualism has progressed.

I read Plato and he spent 80 pages wondering whether names are just labels or whether they properly describe (or match) the nature of what they name... I'm not even fucking joking. Yet people will defend this.

I don't want to dwell on books but shit permeates everywhere.

My engineering degree was just introductory maths and physics and chemistry class plus a load of stamp collecting brain-dead corporate wagecuck training courses.

You're told that work is noble... yet people look down on me and laugh at me for working in a retailcuck job.

You are 90 % judged on what university you went to. My one was ranked in the world's top 150 (I only chose it because it was nearest to me) and I still feel like a prole who has been branded as an idiot.

>finally get fit, learn programming, how to play guitar and finally get a job I like

those are big goals user but you have no short and midterm goal in there. what do you want to achieve till the end of january ? what do you want to achieve within 3 months, 6 months ? how will you measure progress, how to measure success ? which programming language do you want to learn ? which song do you want to be able to play ? which weight do you want to be able to lift ?

So why not read more advanced engineering/whatever you're interested in, do something worthwhile with your mind and body, and prove how full of shit everyone is?

Lead by example, fix all the broken shit in society, and prove everyone to be devastatingly wrong.

Either that or you're one of three things: arrogant, lazy, or cowardly.

Bro Just slow down u Will regret it, Just chill, the fat Will come

I did the same thing (started at 58kg) and I regret it. You get fat before you need to and you'll end up too fat to bulk, and too weak to cut, and it's a miserable place to be stuck in.

but we are

By:
>not being a faggot
>forcing yourself into a routine
>not getting distracted
>surrounding yourself with like minded folks in order to promote a productive environment

It's easy. I wanted to start lifting this year, so I did so. 2017 goals are to get out of SS meme tier, try 5x5 then once I have a good base to go into a more personalised routine.

dude if you wanna learn guitar check out justin guitar it's a free program that will give you lessons

You need SMART goals, user. I forget what that stands for (look it up) but the basic idea is to be more specific.

"Learning guitar" is vague, for instance. You need to be specific. Take 10 guitar lessons would be more specific. Finish the beginner section on Justin Guitar. Learn a specific song by x date. That will give you something more concrete to work towards.

Those are all vague long-term goals. You need to set concrete short-term goals and a hard deadline to achieve them. For example, "I will be able to deadlift X in one month." Construct a schedule to achieve your goals and stick to it.

>How the fuck do I make 2017 MY year?
Post your phone number.
Someone from Veeky Forums calls you every day and asks you what you've done to work towards your goals.
If you say you've done nothing, or lie about it, then they post here telling everyone what a complete faggot loser you are, post your number again, and you get a deluge of calls calling you a cocksucking faggot, loser, kill yourself, etc. This continues until you either get your shit together and convince callers that you're getting shit done, or pussy out and change your phone number. So you in, or are you a pussy loser faggot cunt and are out? Choice is yours.

>goals
>self-improvement
>progression in life

user, I know how you feel. I personally struggled through 2016 and I'm glad I've made it through to the end of it without drinking clorox. On my way to turn it round using the exact steps here.

To make 2017 a good year, I would recommend the following:

>Tl;dr
>write down goals
>break into smaller managable checkpoints
>do small tasks each day that take you towards your goal

1. Write down your goals for the year

Bonus points if you can think really hard and identify where you want to be in 3-5 years down the line - that can make the process of goal setting easier as you can just take smaller versions of your 3-5 year goal (similar to step 2). Try and pick enough goals that would make you look back and say "actually this year was alright" as opposed to overwhelming yourself trying to [get shredded + learn 5 programming languages + learn to play Satch Boogie + become a ceo 10k/day] all at once

Get yourself a page-a-day journal (pic related) and write this list down at the front somewhere, try to write a few paragraphs every day to help keep yourself focused. This is both great for mental health (+10000) and as a way of showing off at the end of the year when you've ticked everything off (if you're so inclined).

2. Break down each goal into smaller, more manageable 'checkpoints' with achievable time frames

>Want to lose 50lbs this year
>Lose 4 lbs in January
>Lose 4 lbs in February
>etc

Start small and build up.

3. Just start doing it

I'm aware this sounds like terrible advice but its true. Every day list 1-3 MITs (most important tasks) that you can do to go towards your goal and make them the focus of your day.

>Lift weights
>Apply for 2 jobs online
>Spend 30 minutes on codeacademy

Then get on with the rest of your day. Just don't have days where you move backwards or stay still; keep moving forward no matter how slowly.

Had more but hit character limit, hope this helps user

>we're all gonna make it

In 2016 I lost 60lbs of fat and gained 10lbs of muscle

I went from NEET college dropout to employed

I took control of my drinking and depression.

I got laid ending a 4 year dry spell

It was a good year looking forward to 2017

Your 2017 is going to be great because of the work you put in in 2016 user, good luck

Put foot to ass

Just got a new guitar last week.

8 strings.... No problem in the transition.

I need to quit binge drinking, however, on my days off..... arrrgggh.

Start now. Go to the gym today. By the time 2017 roll around you will already have a 2 week head start

I completely wasted this year. Took the spring off and am failing this semester. I've been fucked in the head for over 8 years but it's time I take control of my life.

>is for showoffs only, it's completely useless otherwise.
completely wrong, it's one of the most entertaining things to do with your spare time.

trust me op, you can recover from any level of fuckup if you just take the first step. the last year for me was horrible (was depressed from getting dumped by a 6-year gf) and spent a good chunk of the year oversleeping, eating absolute garbage and shirking all of my responsibilities.

as long as you have those moments of clarity, no matter how brief, you can come back from it. i was browsing Veeky Forums because i saw so many autistic screencaps, but slowly became more and more aware of what i was doing to my body and finally joined a gym less than a month ago. i still have no visible progress but i feel much better. it's even gotten me in the habit of playing more music (i have a fucking degree in music and i've hardly practiced all year), start writing, trying new things, etc.

just take the first step, even if it's a tiny one, and you'll be good

>reads boring as fuck books
>thinks they should be interesting

Dickens is one of the most boring writers out there. Plato is something you read in a classroom setting. Try reading something actually good, you fucking idiot.

>Everyone is full of shit

No shit.

>2017 is the year that I finally get my job out of college, make bank, and buy a new car

RIP this guy's balls

That's a sexy fucking diary bitch. Show me the cover please. Also spread it out and let me see how big it is. Is it monthly, or daily.

Oh god that's a good fucking diary. I'm learning to bookbind so I can make my own. God that's gorgeous. Turn it sideways so I can see how thick it is.

>he needs an actual template

auTiSM

>get fit

You're on a fucking fitness board, this shouldn't be a problem. Find a program and do it.
>b-but there are so many and I don't know what to do

I can promise doing ANY program at all is infinitely better than doing nothing at all, which is what you are doing now apparently.

>programming
I don't really know shit about this but there are websites that teach you aren't there?

>guitar
justinguitar.com
Start with the beginners course.

>people like things I don't like
>they're full of shit!

You're fucking retarded my man. That's as retarded as them calling you a pleb, unless you are in fact a commoner, then you are a plebeian. More accurately though you're a philistine, there's no real shame in being a philistine, that's just what you are by definition.

This is pasta

Not surprised that a person with this caliber of autism browses Veeky Forums

Programming in general has a lot of resources to learn from and has by far the most helpful community I've ever seen ever. You can get help for pretty much anything.

>youtube
depends on what language you want to learn. If you find a beginning programming tutorial it really doesn't matter what language you start with. I'd advise against C and C++ as beginner languages though. Not because they aren't fantastic languages but because they require many more steps and many more ways to fuck up that aren't really related to actually related to programming logic or syntax. C++'s greatest strength is the ability for the programmer to basically gather a set of tools and program in whatever way he wants to, the programmer makes all the decisions, but as a beginner you won't know what decisions to make so it just makes everything a giant clusterfuck.
>websites
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Programming_Languages#Should_I_learn...

Check /g/ and ask in /dpt/ for advise, they might have a sticky but last I remember its just "what are you working on /g/?" with an anime picture holding "The design and structure of computer programs" I think? Anyways they should help. They will probably recommend Python, C#, or maybe even something like Lua, all of which are fine.

>IRC
If you go on #Rizon there are hundreds of channels dedicated to programming, and anime, and programming and anime. Rizon is basically the Veeky Forums IRC server. /g/ has a channel there and I guess that's a good place to start. Veeky Forums might even have a channel on there.

which drugs?

L-lewd, user.