Hey Veeky Forums , share me your perspective on life

I'm just wondering what's your perspective on life, lifting , time, idk. I'm bored at work, I'll post mine if the thread is alive at my lunch time.

We all got REALLY lucky for living this >life so we have to make the most out of it by >lifting to get strong because >time is fleeting

honestly now its become trying to live a safe and comfortable life without falling into depression/nervous breakdown

> Time spent being happy is not time wasted, regardless of the activity.

> Don't complain unless you're also prepared to offer a solution

> Don't say anything about someone you wouldn't say to their face

> Always assume they're going to let you down. That way you're prepared if they do and pleasantly surprised if they don't

> When learning, try to find a teacher who struggled with the same subject. People who were naturally good will never understand why you don't

> If you wouldn't be comfortable defending your point of view in front of an audience, deep down you know you're wrong

> Always be patient

> Its perfectly fine to hold a grudge. If it meant that much to you, you should be honest with yourself

> Don't hurt others just because you yourself are hurting

> Be consistent in your attitudes towards people

> Just because you're tired doesn't mean you're finished

> Just because you've put a lot of time in something doesn't mean you need to see it through to the end. Circumstances, viewpoints, needs and goals change all the time.

> Always tell people how you feel about them. Tell your mum you love her, tell your dad you appreciate everything he's done for you. All it takes is one bleary eyed lorry driver and you'll never have the chance again.

Baz Luhrmann - Everybody is free to wear sunscreen is a great song for reflecting on life

just live life the way you want it to. have fun, try things, explore things. that's it
don't plan your whole life cause those plans very rarely work.

Well put, really got me thinking

>don't plan
>plans very rarely work
It sounds like you suck at planning

Two are needed for lifting, and life: balance and consistency

>>don't hurt others because you yourself are hurting
I didn't ask for these feels

Don't be selfish, but realize your life is about you. You are not responsible for anyone else's happiness but your own.

Follow this if you are a faggot.

101 how to life.

Life is not anything other than females and currency

>Have been in weird existential flux for over a year and feel like I no longer have any grasp of reality or cogent worldview
Wake me up

Hey op here, I just fear death most than anything, that's my main motivator into anything, I lift to have a healthy body, same with diet. Just cuz I fear death. Feels pathetic.

The idea that I won't be able to feel, think, suffer, anything after death terrifies me.
I feel like I wasted a lot of my life and I'm only 22.
It's really infuriating wanting to do stuff and not being able to do any cuz i don't have the money, and knowing that I need to spend my whole life working for money. While people do nothing or just steal, makes it all feel worthless, it's truly a shame that things are how they are, but i guess that's life. I hope I don't die feeling regret. Gl Veeky Forums

Why would you fear death? Death is the most normal thing around. Everyone's doing it. Everyone in history has done it. Nobody has come back yet to complain.

Thanks for the share m8

It's the non existing part, it's just terrifing, more so knowing that it's unavoidable.
I try to use fear as a fuel to fully use my life.

But you will never experience death. If you're dead, then you aren't alive to worry. If you're alive, you're obviously not dead, so why sweat it?

Death is something that happens exclusively to the dead. There's no reason to worry about it.

I know it is retarded, I just don't want to stop living, I can't be the only one that thinks that. Sadly I can't control what I feel

Well luckily for you, user, the ride never ends, you'll always reincarnate in another manifestation of the universe.

no reality always kicks in and the plans you make for the next 50 years will never ever be realized the way you want them too

>> Always assume they're going to let you down. That way you're prepared if they do and pleasantly surprised if they don't
way to go faggot, how to live life miserably 101

user, you have no idea how bad I need this. I truly hope this exists , in any shape or form.

Lately my mind has been occupied with concept of free will and self.
Does free will really exist or is it only illusion? What is you?
I just hate when someone is trying to tell my how to live, so I always try to find various factors that can influence my behaviour and thoughts. There are different levels at which this works, for example:
On a human level you've got stuff that you probably know like hypnosis or propaganda. This stuff is relatively easy to spot and counter.
Deeper you've got biochemical level, meaning there are certain substances that can influence you. I mean, not only drugs, but rather how your body works, you're just one big insanely complex biological reaction. It gets kind of tricky here - you lack certain substance, you fall into depresion. You got too much of another your mood swings in another direction. Does that mean there's certain balance of various substances that make you, you? If you have been depressed your whole life, but doctor prescribed you medicine that heald you, are you still you? Or former you is real? Or both? Or neither? If my thoughts can be influence by balance of substances does that mean I'm actually only a biological robot?
Going deeper there's molecular level. What if one day scientists will make computer powerfull enough to predict movements of big clusters of particles accurately. Clusters of a size let's say human. Or maybe a whole city. That would mean there won't be free will, because your actions would be predicted and there's nothing you can do to change it. Think of it like hosts from Westworld. Fortunately Heisenberg's uncertainty principle prevet's such things, but who knows what future holds.

Let's see. I've tried everything for years, literally every treatment known to man, and nothing makes me feel anything towards other people again. I'm as numb on the inside as it gets. So my perspective on life is that it's short, unfair and statistically speaking will likely end with me killing myself in about 5 years or so. If only I could care. But that's me.

I guess "you" are the sum of of chemical reactions+ enviroment+events+mental ideas + random occurrence, that makes you, there is no need as to why you need free will, cuz being you doesn't depend on being free, just the sum of those factors are what make "you" unique.

Why kill your self? Instead take that numbness and make "life" something you can enjoy, you don't really need to feel anything for people, but you can still use them.

Btw forgot to say, biochemical robots or biological robots. That is a term I actually like and feel that it's true, brain is made out of electric currents and chemical reactions after all

My Christian faith is fundamental to my perspective on life, but that’s rarely met well here.

In terms of “secular” advice/perspective, here’s what I can offer:

>Be joyful. Despair is a vacuum; it has no substance of its own. That void within you needs to be filled by something else constantly.

>Be grateful. If you’ve lived long enough to post on Veeky Forums, and have an internet connection, you have lots to be grateful for.

>Never be petty. Try to take delight in others’ happiness, and seek to emulate the best qualities about them.

>Be humble. Every person you know is capable of doing hundreds of things better than you. Always remember this.

>Be polite and courteous. Every person is just as real as you. Treat them as such.

>Be Controlled. You are a creature with many different urges and temptations. Submit them to your will, and turn your will to what your mind knows to be good.

>Be Just. You deserve what you tolerate.

>Be Loving. This means wanting and striving for the very best for whoever you are loving. This may mean being firm sometimes, and kind another. You love yourself when you lift; despite the temporary pain it causes you. You know it is best in the long run. To love someone means to make them the best they can be, no matter how much it costs them (or you).

>something you can enjoy
I enjoy very few things, and very very little. It's anhedonia.

>use other people
You degenerate. Don't ever speak to me or my son again.

> Time spent being happy is not time wasted, regardless of the activity.
Useless. The problem with most people is that they don't know what makes them happy.

> Don't complain unless you're also prepared to offer a solution
A complaint is a valid form of feedback. Just because you don't have a solution to something doesn't mean you can't point out the problem. Others may not even be aware of there being a problem in the first place.

> Don't say anything about someone you wouldn't say to their face
Talking shit about someone behind their back is an easy way to bond with the one you're talking with. To find common ground. It's just like bullying, but for adults.

> Always assume they're going to let you down.
Can't live like this. It's just a cool thing to say but the entire point of trusting people is that you trust them in sharing the burden. If you cannot do that, then you've surrounded yourself with shit people and then what's the point of even further burdening yourself with pretending that you trust them?

>When learning, try to find a teacher who struggled with the same subject
It should be "When struggling"* not simply "when learning".

Furthermore two idiots don't make a genius. Someone good at something may be good at it because he has a better understanding of it. Therefore, everything else being equal, he will also be the better teacher.

>deep down you know you're wrong
Or you may be simply uncomfortable speaking in front of an audience, which is a very common thing.

And it's natural to doubt oneself which does not mean that deep down you "know" you're wrong.

> Always be patient
Empty.

> Its perfectly fine to hold a grudge.
Yes.

> Don't hurt others just because you yourself are hurting
It's not a choice.

> Be consistent in your attitudes towards people
Vague.

> Just because you're tired doesn't mean you're finished
Yes.

> Just because you've put a lot of time in something.
Yes.

> Always tell people how you feel about them.
Yes.

Everything is doomed to end but can end at any time, therefore you are not assured anything and must accept being happy with what you have while striving for more since you will always be unsure if you don't.

To be happy is the key of life, regardless of whatever shit happens or goes down. The faster you can get over it, the faster you will be happy and see things as they are. You're welcome to be a special as you want, or another blade in the grass. Never listen to anyone else, but never assume you are right. To be confident in yourself but wary of the mistakes you can make is a golden perspective, to strive for greatness is one thing but it should be done at a personal level. "How can I improve" is a broad term and is useful in everything, a grain of salt a day will in turn into a mountain yadda yadda.

Fuck everyone else's opinions on what you do, they will eventually tell you to stop or to slow down if you listen to them all the time. You can only ever know yourself, and no one else can regardless of how smart they think they are. Do everything with the aspect that you're doing things that are not impacting others, especially not negatively. That if you do (in some cases you can throw that away it requires some good judgement since they're being fuckers are are total shits) you're ready for consequences if necessary. You can't carry everyone with you, try to accomodate others but there's a limit to what you should accept and be responsible for reaching out for. Anything else is "charity".

Once you almost die or don't wake up, or things are taken away from you...you start to really look back and go "wow I'm sure happy to be awake today".

>I guess "you" are the sum
But the arise question, how much you can take away from this sum and still be "you"? You would still be you if you lost your memories in an accident? You would still be you if you lost your ability to emphatize with others and become cold calculating psyhopath?

>being you doesn't depend on being free
If you're not free or rather do not have free will makes another problem. Since you're not in controll of your own actions that would mean you're not capable of being good or evil. You would be a tool of forces that control you.

Honestly, I would love to stupy philosophy, but as a career path it's pretty much on a same level as gender studies or such.Guess I'm left with self-learning in free time, it's mostly reading books anyway.

>Every person is just as real as you.

lmao nice try buddy you're all in my head.

I feel like I've only just woken up since I started lifting a year and a half ago.

since then life has been an upward journey and i'm constantly learning new things about the world, people and most importantly myself

I think what caused this was my ex who i dated for 4.5 years cheated on me. I think that day I really learned the true nature of human beings

it's gotten to the point where i don't hold onto opinions much anymore, because I've been so wrong about so many things, so all of my sentiments are fluid and I'm always ready to accept a new viewpoint on something.

Even in typing this, i'm ready for someone to come along and call me a faggot for not having any real opinions or moral ground to stand on and dig into.

And then i'll probably adopt that person's philosophy, until I find a reason not to

and so on and so forth.

I think , you need to spend time thinking and lifting, that mix helped me set a start point ,and from there you can build up and choose what you strive for. It's all about the mentality you have while doing stuff more than what you do, I hope you find purpose /fitizen/

You are the whole sum, but that sum can change over time, it's impossible to truly know what makes you. Since it can change, there is truly not a present "you", rather "you" are the states you go trough and shape you.

Also,free will could be considered not real, but since every human has different interactions, and past interactions shape how you respond to new ones, then the idea of choosing those experiences that shape you, that is what I see as free will.

There was a starting point to knowledge and it all depends on view points, it's never a waste to think about stuff like this , more so if you enjoy it, you never know what I'll end up with. So self thought and self análisis , is a good idea. I like your ideas user

From my own ignorant opinion, you can't progress if you whipe clean each month, year your foundation, you need to find a core self , and build upon it, it's not bad to be wrong , its bad to not grow from it. If you never defend ideals, you will never truly have them, knowing you were wrong should push you to fix the errors in the idea and go higher

In my opinion there is no free will. Your thoughts are influenced by the enviorment, and so when you ''choose'' something, you aren't actually deciding anything, it's just the brain doing the math, adding up the different factors (all your senses, observations, memories etc. etc.)

Let's say when you want to ''choose'' between pizza or kebab for dinner, the factors that will decide what you eat are already out there, it just takes time for the brain to gather the intel and do scale them against eachother. This is called ''thinking''

Just as you said we are nothing but calculators made of flesh.

>Take everything you hear with a pinch of salt, untill you confirm it for yourself

>It's okay to be sad, but it's a waste of time and energy and there is no reason you should have to be sad

>Be aware of the distinctive difference between entertainment and progress

>Do what you have to do so you can do what you want to do

>Make sure you're following your own plan and not somebody else's

>Never hate yourself but never think you are perfect

you need Carl Sagan to give you some perspective,OP

You're not alone, man. I see it the same way. If we had a clone of you, given the same experiences, it would act exactly the same.