How long does it take to achieve a 3plate squat?

how long does it take to achieve a 3plate squat?

Other urls found in this thread:

strengtheory.com/what-it-takes-to-break-world-records/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

About 3 seconds.

Did it on my first day in the gym desu

How long does it take to load the plates?

LIGHTWEIGHT BABY

depends on your weight

6 months if talented
1 year for most people

^^assuming you're not a fatfuck

any longer than that and you're wasting your time

Difficult to answer that as you haven't given your weight.

When I got 3 plate squat for 5 I was 160 lbs~ now doing 160kg for 5 at 185 lbs ~.

The 3 plate squat took me a few months I'd say after my severe depression, so taking that into account I think it shouldn't take too long.

My main problem was just being confident enough to squat that heavy, as I never had a spotter and still don't now. Just don't be afraid of dropping the weight and make sure to use proper form and it shouldn't take longer than a few months.

Did it before I even entered the gym. There was a barbell laying around in front of the gym entrance with 3pl8 loaded on it. Cleaned and front squatted that for 10 reps.

Took me about 10 weeks or so on SS. May take a bit longer if you don't have a background in athletics.

About 6 months of SS and youll be doing 315 for working sets. At least thats how ot was for me.

3plate at 160lb? nice. Did you always focused on strength?

If you have an experienced person coaching you and are dedicated, 6 months would be good.
Took me 7 months to get to 275 working out at home with some of the usual fuck-ups.
General consensus on Veeky Forums is that hitting 1/2/3/4 within a year is not bad.

I weigh 270 and it took me about 4 months. Started at one plate, now I'm at 3 plates and a 25. Feelsgoodman.

i weigh 160 lbs and i squat 285 but i have been training for 11 months
but i wasnt adding weight every session
maybe if i did i would have gotten it already

It took me 2 years and 3 months to be able to squat 140 kg for reps (don’t know what my 1 rep max is). I started at 27 years of age and 63 kilos (138 pounds) and now weigh 76 kilos (167 pounds).

Judging by the stories I read on Veeky Forums this is an insanely slow progress. My testosterone levels are fine though, about middle of the normal range. I usually train 3 times a week and I rarely miss a gym day. Have done SL, 5/3/1 and PPL. My diet could be better but I always eat 100+ grams of protein a day.

I’m old and probably have bad genes. But still really impressed by all who made it to proficient in just a couple of months. On this board I’m embarrassed by my progress. But in the real world I rarely see people lift more than me, and when I do they are usually way bigger.

Depends on how much 3pl8 is relative to your weight. Fatasses can hit it faster

>My testosterone levels are fine though, about middle of the normal range

For your age range? Curious because I've heard all kinds of stories of doctors telling them their test is normal when they're a young man in their 20s with the test level of a 60 year old man.

I went to a private clinic to test my levels. I had 22 nmol/l which converts to 635 ng/dl. I’m no experts on testosterone but according to the online sources I’ve seen that is within the normal range. The normal range for 25-29 year olds is something like 12-35 or 400 to 1000. But the range seems to vary a little.

Maybe my levels should be higher since I had been training for about a year when I got tested. But where I live I don’t think any doctor would consider prescribing me anything.

This

A 3pl8 squat is over double my bodyweight. Its a lot harder to hit for me than some dude who weighs 250lbs.

I'm the same way. I squat 245 pounds (111kg) for reps and I'm 158 pounds (71 kg), taken me about a year to get here on SL. I figure the people in our position aren't going to be the ones posting their lifts on a fitness board so it's easy to get down on yourself.

a year or less if you aren't fucking around

>1 year for most people
so fucking sick of this 1 year meme

not even 20% of Veeky Forums can rep 3pl8 squat or 2pl8 bench, but everyone's like 'yeah, you could totally do that in 8 months easy'

3pl8s is babyweight

I feel like that says a lot more about Veeky Forums than it says about how long it takes to hit those numbers.

idk, i was able to squat 3pl8 after a few months. keep in mind i played football and wrestled for 4 yrs in HS, and when i got a membership at a gym it wasn't the first time picking up a weight.

even then, if you aren't doing a dumb meme routine and you're actually eating A LOT of food there's no reason a healthy male can't reach a 3pl8 squat within 1.5 years... and i'm being generous with that time frame.

speak for urself kid

lower body lifts came easy to me cause i played football and rugby in hs

i was zercher squatting 3pl8 in kindergarten

but at that time i was also qb for the all-american pee wee football team

>not even 20% of Veeky Forums can rep 3pl8 squat or 2pl8 bench
fucking Americans and your retarded measurements. Are we talking about 100kg 1RM flat bench? Absolutely doable in a year.

1pl8,2pl8,etc. is an international gym measurement bro.

wow yea you really did start exercising and then hit a 3pl8 squat in a few months hahaha xd ebin

Started squatting in October, hit 3pl8 2 weeks ago, with no routine or any of that shit just squatted max every workout. It isn't that hard desu, unless you are 70kg or some shit

Why don't Europeans ever realize how retarded they sound when they attempt to take snubs at America? The plate measurements, like the other guy pointed out, are international.

I squat 120kg x 3 after 1 year, 76kg 1.73m manlet. Also don't believe people here, there are people saying they deadlift 200+ kg after 6 months.

not my fault that you were a NEET in HS who didn't participate in athletics

Took me 2 weeks to get to 1pl8 from 40kg, then 1 month for 2pl8, then 1 month 2 weeks for 3 pl8

its not hard once you get your form right, most of the time i spent was to perfect my form and to make sure i squat at or below parallel each time

same, my squat is shit after 2 years of on/off lifting.

i've thought a lot about this and my conclusion is that some body types are just extremely conducive to squatting and some aren't. the squat is a technically complex lift and if you have an incorrect body type (long femurs, unbalanced back etc) you will face a lot of difficulty making gains on it once you get near 2pl8s.

i know Veeky Forums tends to shitpost about it a lot but the leg press is a completely reasonable exercise to do in place of squatting if you hit plateaus like this and are worried about injury.

>NEET in HS
i mean i agree but u should really explain to me how one can be a NEET while in education

The pissing contest on Veeky Forums has always been about who can have the highest standards, without being called out on it.

And in the case of being called out on it, convincing that person that it's a solid standard. I say person because if more than one person calls you out, you automatically lose.

That's why people are so quick to call samefag when it happens, it's an attempt to save face and argue for your standard.

I honestly don't think any serious lifters participate in this, except ironically. It's always newbies and people trying to fit in.

>shitposting about Americans
>American ran and hosted Siberian Yak Knitting Image Board.

Fucking Europoors.

>Fucking Europoors.
What if I told you, there are people who shit on Americunts, who aren't from Europe?

Seeing how we have 7 continents.

What even is a 3plate couldn't you just put 3 1.25kg plates on each side and call it a 3plate? I don't get it

this, make sure to wear sandals and you'll feel like you have the power of 2 paramedics

>didn't hit 2pl8 bench 3pl8 squat in first 4 months of lifting
why are you even trying

No you idiot
Only 20kg/45lbs plates are considered pl8s

Absolutely agree. There probably are some overachievers on this board. But every other person just can’t reach a proficient level in a matter of months. The numbers on this board simply does not correspond with the reality I see at the gym.

Also saying what you squat without mentioning what you weigh is not enough.

Furthermore, if you have been training sports for several years before you start to do squats. You are not starting from scratch. It is worth mentioning.

This.
I've been training for just under 3 years now and hit 140kg for 2 reps (high bar) the other day. Last year has been almost soley focused on my squat.
I would mention that I weigh 74kg and my entire life before starting the gym was spent in front of a computer.

Yeah and I bet your Dad benched 3 plates on his first day

Very good post, astute observation skills user

This is in line with the kind of answers I would expect these threads to be filled with. Yes, maybe some guys under 80kg squat 140kg after 4 months. But guys that make progress like that must know that they are ahead of the curve. It simply is not every other person or else I should have seen more of you at the gym.

I love these threads, when everyone insists squatting 3 plates is a piece of piss even though in real life I've seen it maybe a handful of times after a couple of years in different gyms.

ITT: Half reppers

I rep 3pl8 for a few reps (3-5 with a belt at peak leg form) prior to an injury, going back in and starting around 255-265 and working up weekly.

Most of you are talking shit about your nonexistent 3pl8+ squat on a watermelon carvers trading forum. Does everyone here start from super fat? That might be the only explanation

After skipping legs for a year, I hit 3pl8 in about 3 months. In under 20 leg days.

Wow, how can one not be in education while in highschool. That's almost as retarded as a person who lifted weights in sports claiming they squatted 3 pl8s after just a few months of going to the gym like all their previous lifting was no longer valid.

It's called a lie. Anonymous surveys here have shown that the vast majority of Veeky Forums has not his 1/2/3/4 yet every thread some retard claims everyone hits it in a few weeks.

i remember my first team lifting session, my rugby coach took all the rookies including me, some who have never lifted before, and tested them on their personal strength. of course there were a couple dudes putting up 350-400+ but those dudes have been lifting for a while already. almost everyone could pull 315lbs, excluding the little guys, but even they could manage 2 plates. most of the dudes were squatting in the 185-250lb range as well. im sure its the same for football teams too.

put these kids on a proper diet and strength routine and you've got them squatting 315 in no time

being involved in sports from a young age + being naturally athletic and strong really does make a difference. keep being bitter though, im sure it will make you stronger.

>not living in USA or europe
>mattering

pick one m8

If you're tall / skinny then awhile. If you're fat / short, faster.

I worked as a PT, even had a gig training some athletes for a national athletic body. In normal population I saw maybe 5-6 people ever squat 3pl8. Of my 12 athletes, two could do 140kg+ and all 12 were at least national level getting paid for this shit. A 3pl8 squat is respectable and is going to take most people a lot longer than a year.

I was a skellington and hit those numbers in roughly a year. Not for reps though, except bench.

The 3pl meme has to be bullshit, I've been biking since I was in jr high and this year at 25 is the first I've started going to a gym.

I'm 5'8" and ~148 lbs / 67kg and I started my squats at 125 lbs (~ 4 kg less than 1pl for Eurofags). There's no way in hell I could reach 3pl after a year of lifting, 2pl doesn't even sound reasonable to me because I would have had to increase my lift by 100 lbs over a year, that's 2lbs of weight every single week.

Claims of reaching 3pl in a year, natty, sounds like either pure bullshit or terrible form. If I jumped on the leg press machine I could probably do 50% more weight easily but with real squats your stabilizer muscles have to do a lot of work keeping your knees from snapping out to the sides.

>67kg

You're forgetting the 1/2/3/4 meme applies to burgers who are like 100kgs/225lbs to begin with, 1/2/3/4 is just because its' easy to remember

a better metric would be .09xbody weight OHP, 1.5xbody weight bench, 1.4x body weight squat and 1.9x body weight dead lift idk

Have you tried trying? Adding weight to the squat is easy as fuck. Went from a weak as fuck 75lbs x 5 to a 210lbs x 5 in 2 months. And that's not even that good.

same

If you have absolutely 0 athletic experience and never lifted weights for more than a month, 1-2 years of consistent training depending on how old you are and how much you weigh.

If you are already athletic but you never seriously weightlifted, then probably still a year, less if you're a /bigguy/.

no we're talking about 102.058kg fucking euro trash

>being involved in sports from a young age + being naturally athletic and strong really does make a difference

Yes. But let me ask you this.
A: is being involved in sports from a young age not training?
B: how many in a given population are naturally athletic and strong?

As impressive as it is for a teenager to squat 100kg the first time they tried the lift (I actually doubt this number but ok). It is quite a leap to say most people should be able to squat 140kg in a matter of months.

Nice try eurocuck, you don't matter.

Don't listen to these faggots in fit parroting that you can hit a 3pl8 squat in a year. Start lifting and you'll REALISE how hard it is to get. Everyone who says "oh yeah you can get a 2pl8 bench/3pl8 DL in less than a year ez" is trolling and has never lifted. You gotta understand that most people here don't lift and only parrot what the next man says, which results in Veeky Forums seeming like the strongest fuckers when in reality only a small portion of them lift and know what it really means to squat 140kg.

It depends on too many factors.

It depends on proportions and genetics, but assuming you are under 150lbs then more than a year.
If 150-170lbs around 1 year
If 171-190lbs then 6 months.

bruh i hit 2 pl8 bench after 3 months at 160lbs, it shouldn't take a year to rep it if you don't weigh less then me.

t. bitter NEET who was too scared to participate in sports

>thinking near 1x bw overhead press is the same strength as 2x bw deadlift

these are the retards giving you advice.

This person is sort of right. Your squat should go up decently fast once you get form down, but 75 to 210 in 2 months is ridiculous and I'd guarantee this punk quarter reps his shit.

If you think Veeky Forums is anything close you reality you're going to be in for a nasty surprise

I've been at two gyms, one Uni gym (90% are 20-35 yr olds) and also just a normie fitness gym, if any of your lifts are 1/2/3/4 for reps then you're easily in the top 20% of the gym.

In all my years I've only ever seen 2 guys bench more than 2.5 plates and a handful squat more than 3 plates and both were very big guys (100kgs+)

Go to the CBT threads and look at the people you're talking to all day, it's just like Reddit go look at the Reddit fitness meet up pics lol - most importantly just train hard and don't compare yourself to anyone else

who said i was bitter

i started out benching 65 and squatting 'my knees hurt i cant do this :(' and im progressing at a rate i'm happy with

my point was
>being involved in sports from a young age
is different from
>not being involved in sports from a young age

Why are people so stupid? Fit has made you believe that it's bad progress because everyone e-stats, and it's become the norm for people to just think that a 3pl8 squat is achievable in a year or less without prior training experience or an athletic background. There's a reason why you don't see people squatting 3pl8 at your gym every day - it's fucking impressive for the average commercial gym normie and the neets on fit who have never stepped foot in a gym have made you believe that it's the norm.

>1.5 bench
>1.4 squat

wew

>.09 bodyweight OHP
i think i can OHP 17 lbs........... get the camera lets find out

>5'9
>72kg
>Start at gym last december

Now
>83kg
>Squat 160kg 3x5 then drop sets

Took me about 9 months to reach 3 pl8

2 years at least

Also for what it's worth I think I'm genetically gifted for squats and my deadlift, OHP and benchpress are all dogshit

I'd say 3 pl8 within 1 year is a sensible universal target

>0.09
>near 1x bw
These are the people giving you advice

2 pl8 in a year is def possible if you're doing SS/SL consistently. When you're starting out you can add 5-10 lbs a workout, do that three times a week, you're looking at over 50lbs in a month. It'll start to slow down the more you progress, but squatting 225 after a year isn't inconceivable.

Squatting less than 2 plate after a year of training just means you weren't serious about lifting. Or you're not a healthy adult male.

Remember that Rippetoe had Zach squatting 320 for 5x5 within months. 315 for 1rm within a year is achievable by anybody that actually tries.

I was a NEET for the entire two months. Basically did nothing but eat, sleep, and lift. I hit depth.

140kg-20kg/(3*2.5)kg week^1 = 16 weeks

Should be no more than that.

Nah, that retard said 0.09. It was probably an accident but we don't know for sure.

Based on his other multiples, I'm gonna conclude it wasn't an accident.

So he thinks a 150 pound guy should OHP ~15 pounds

1 year if you were already taking stairs daily

Starting with light football training

>19yo
>180lb
>Squat 185 for 2 months to get comfortable
>jump to 205 for a month
>225 for 3 months
>the heavier the weight the longer I stayed there
>now 21 @205lb
>375lb squat

That's with 2 leg days a week working out 6/7 days. Not impressive by any means but I wasn't lifting to impress anyone else. Also didn't help that at the beginning noob level I did back the day before legs and I didn't like using a belt. Still don't use a belt.

All depends on level of fitness before you begin and body weight it seems.

Most people in on Veeky Forums don't even lift
But that doesn't change the fact that 1 year to hit 1/2/3/4 is achievable for an average male, 6 months if you program well, 2-3 months if you're gifted

>tfw long femurs
>tfw you'll never be able to do a squat like that

2lbs a week is piss easy to add to a squat. When you're starting out you should have added about 10-15lbs a week to your squat.
You need to gain weight to hit those number of course

Hell you realise that there are people that started on 3 plate squats?

Why do you all keep saying 140kg/315lbs? 3 red plates is 170kg.

>most people on fit don't even lifted
>1/2/3/4 in 2-3 months if you're gifted

Clearly you don't lift. No one is going to go from learning how to deadlift to pulling 405 in 90 days.

Getting 1/2/3/4 within a year for 1RM is expected if you actually give a shit and try. I got to 400 DL in about 7 months. 3 plate squat took me a full year because I had retard form. 1 plate squat took 7-8 months. I got to about 240 bench in the first year. I started as a skellington, not some highschool athlete that played rugby and football for years.

The reason you don't see people hit those numbers all the time is because nobody trains heavy squats and deads regularly. Meanwhile every skinny black dude can bench 2 plate. This is because people train bench all the time. If you go to gyms where people train those other movements a lot (like and actual PL gym), then you'll see that 1/2/3/4 is basically still beginner level.

It 3 plate squat within a year can easily be done. Just like Rippetoe making Zach squat 320 for 5x5 within months. It often doesn't happen for people, because they're lazy, don't want to train hard, and don't eat enough.

Some people will. My brother is 6' 6" and weighs like 280 or something. He does manual labor and woodworking for a living. He pulled 405x10 within a few months of buying a barbell. He's certainly an outlier, but it illustrates it CAN be done. A big dude with natural talent toward strength sports can definitely pull 4 plate within 3 months.

strengtheory.com/what-it-takes-to-break-world-records/

Seriously, 2 pl8 bench 1RM should easily be achievable if you train and eat enough for it, I non jokingly benched 1pl8+ the first time I benched and got to 75-80 after like 2-3 weeks, I never cared for bench much so I stopped at like 90kg.
When I started squatting I did 2 pl8 after 2 months or so

>I'm weak and dyel so everyone has to be
Kill yourself, adding weight initially to squat and deadlifting is easy as fuck, once you get the form down you'll add half a pl8 easy