/plg/ Powerlifting general

Welcome to powerlifting general, where your lifts don't matter and your wilks isn't real!

>mememememeeeme edition

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/iNWrFmCCfXw
youtu.be/2E2lhe9GHoU
youtube.com/watch?v=ojCWs2Ga9ZI
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eleKMNJv_CbQkw0MyzZvJo7gxOlhPjzEyKSJdc3Iigo/edit?usp=sharing
powerliftingwatch.com/records/raw/world
powerliftingwatch.com/records/raw/women-world
pastebin.com/99cMvaQh
pastebin.com/RiXEg5L1
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B0Vyec-yHY6DYmNiMkg1dlZIelU&usp=sharing
youtu.be/XpgmQmdMfe0
youtu.be/tfYez7-h55c
youtu.be/hlBMGsRly1c
youtu.be/_5tQpNoSiKU
youtu.be/RMFHgVN_pcg
youtu.be/e-ORhEE9VVg
youtu.be/XrVZqPkgdXo
youtu.be/_V189hK85BI
youtu.be/f3EuCSe7pUA
zeemaps.com/map?group=1252009&location=United States&add=
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>drama causes /plg/ to dissolve
>still to intelligent too listen to Radiohead
>more news at 11

In the future use this op

Welcome to /PLG/ Powerlifting General.

Primarily for the purpose of becoming a better athlete on the platform, but all forms of strength training accepted!
>youtu.be/iNWrFmCCfXw edition
Post progress, PR's, meet videos, schmexy lifts, or anything strength training related!
Powerliftinggeneral.com

Reminder to report ban evading

>got a bruised testicle
>can lift
>feels bad

Reminder that asking for reports is against the rules and ban-worthy

Announcing reports is against the rules, and the most you'll ever get is a warning.
Asking for people to report isn't against the rules.

Secondly, please kill yourself :)

It is. If you'd been here for a while you would know all the rules.

The warning only happens if it's the first time or they want to be good for whatever reason.

Now please throw gasolin on the walls of your room and light a fire.

Oh my sweet summer child...

It's not.

Now cut your fingers off so you never never type again

>PLG 2014
Big strong fat guys lift, compete,and bant about nuggets. Friendship, memes, helping. Helpful OP. Bump limit every 2 days.

>PLG 2016
Average wilks 275. Secret club drama. Unironic tranny obsession. One program allowed. Broken dicks by sheiko, alcohol, or HRT. Fags calling fags fags. Sean-tier OPs at 250 posts.

Friendly reminder that behind every post is a living, breathing human being with feelings and aspirations, and not only we should treat them how we would like to be treated, but also LMAO4PL8!!1!

Is it odd to hate both Lith and the tranny?

Go to and ask

And stop imitating me I'm not your older brother. Fuck off and die.

Form check
youtu.be/2E2lhe9GHoU

>Lith

That's normal

>tranny

kys we don't want you here shitposting.

kek get lost cancer

On last day of week 5 of C6W tomorrow, what programme should I try afterwards? I enjoyed C6W very much but I can definitely see it isn't great for benching however I liked the fact that it is only 6 weeks long so if I wasn't enjoying it I can just wait 6 weeks and swap to something else.

Any ideas?

Run C6W again with different bench programming

Well what have you gotten so far this week and what's your bw and time training?

Cube.
TSA.
3/5/1 for Powerlifting.
Dietmar.
28 Free.
Westside (conjugate).
RTS Generalized Intermediate.
GZCL (powerbuilding)
Hepburn.

So, after 5 years of lifting, and about 2.5 years of almost autistically following mobility and powerlifting routines, I'm finally going to attempt a 1000 pound lifting day next Friday. Bodyweight ~ 168 pounds. Will be doing highbar, atg pause squat; conventional deadlift, mixed grip, no straps/chalk/belt; and competition style pause bench wearing nothing but shorts, tank, and my trusty chuck taylors while probably listening to calvin harris.

Been following a slightly modified Texas Method for over a year now. Had the flu followed by mono earlier this year which knocked me out of lifting for over 2 months. Current bests are a 445 lb deadlift after a squat volume day, squat triple of 325 followed by 2 singles, and a 180x5 bench. A/B/C days have been Mon/Wed/Fri.

Just want to say I love all of you and I hope this finally brings me happiness. If anyone has any experience in modifying the last week of a texas method routine to maximize for a Friday attempt at 1 rep maxes across the board, I'd love suggestions. Currently, I'm thinking about just doing about a 10% weight and volume deload on my volume and recovery days.

>Well what have you gotten so far this week

4 reps on the heavy squat day
3 on the bench
and probably gunna be 3-4 on the deadlift day as well

120/97.5/185 respectively

BW is 110 (but im 6'7 so BW is kind of pointless) and time training is something like 6 months ? I started on candito linear but it dried up after a few months

On the 6th week im gunna test my 1 rep maxes at some point and then change to something else on what would be week 7.

what bench programme do you recommend?

kys

>highbar, atg pause squat

not powerlifting, get out

I've found C6W bench with some extra volume to be fairly effective

I like 3x int med from 28 free, it's brought me up from 225x10 to 245x9 and progress doesn't appear to be slowing down.

I'd recommend continuing to do c6w for squats and deadlifts at least, and look to Greg Nuckols' 28 programs for bench.

strengtheory.com

So I watched Alan Thrall's newest video on deadlift form and setup

(This one) youtube.com/watch?v=ojCWs2Ga9ZI

And I'm trying to work in his suggestion to sort of pull myself into position versus what I typically do (just the basic setup Mark Rippetoe teaches), my issue is it seems like when I attempt to make my back completely straight, it feels like my back is doing more work than when I only try to keep it neutral.

Is my back being completely straight some kind of illusion where I'm actually hyperextending my back versus it being just neutral (either due to fat on my back or just the shape of my body in general)?

close enough? :(

I'd do lowbar/parallel if I was actually competing.

you can still do highbar, but atg is pointless when the aim is lifting the most weight

if thats not your aim, go away

>be @ 114kg
>got a throat infection
>lost 8kg
>start lifting again
>still weak af and weigh 108kg after 2 weeks
Do I just eat whatever to 115kg or take it slow? What kind of programming should I do? I got back into "Bulgarian" type training but are there better ways in getting back to where I was before the infection?

Compete how you want. Just follow the rules and commands. Good luck!

Has kbooey commented on getting btfo?

>highbar, atg pause squat

W-why?

Atg lowbar in training tho....

Thanks for the ideas guys

the 3xint med you were talking about seems to be only 4 weeks long which I like the idea of, however that obviously doesn't line up very well with C6W how should I work them together?

I wouldn't call it pointless. Anecdotally, I've loved doing atg for overall leg strength, my deadlift progression also seemed to benefit from it.

Once again, not doing it for a competition, just a personal milestone. This isn't the end of my progression. I was hoping my post would focus more on programming, not actual technique. Also, giving a shout out to everyone.

What's your lads favourite row variations?

I tried meadow rows today and they're definitely a favourite

The ones where you rest the weight on the ground each rep

pendlay?

your mom rows

C6W lower, CLutz Upper

y/n?

>favourite row variations?
Pendlay and weighted chins cover your bases really well with great carryover.

Reminder that Sean doesn't row, hence his BTFO shoulder.

Could you help me lads?

I've been on madcow for two months, these are the accessories I enjoy:
Chin ups
Dips
Good mornings
Lat pulldowns
CGBP
Miscellaneous bi curls

How would you spread them across the week? Not necessarily all of those need to be implemented.
Thanks

You seriously don't just do pendlay rows and chins, right?
First year Lifting?

isn't clutz int upper like 4 days a week?

You'll want a 2x upper program to go with C6W to keep the upper/lower split going?

>just do pendlay rows and chins, right?
Yes. No shoulder injuries, balanced upper body, good thoracic bracing on sq and dl.

Keep it simple.

Nah I'd just do CLutz on top of C6W on the days they needed to overlap

You may as well work a 9-5 office job if you enjoy routine so much

Yooo as someone who uses it regularly, how do your SSB and regular squat numbers stack up?

Sounds pretty rough some days

I'm here. Time to shitpost

They're all great, but my go-to is probably cable with the W attachment.

Get it onnnnnnnn

I made this for fil

Yeah but I can just try harder on those days

Chins and CGBP one each after Mon and Fri for a few medium-heavy sets. Pullups/downs and curls whenever and often. GMs probably after the tougher squat day as a stretch.

cool

enjoy burning out and failing reps

You COULD train four days a week fullbody, bench every day, split up the squat and dead work. I've never run Candito though, full disclosure.

Thoughts on this
As an oldfag.

>squat heavy
>rest for 10ish minutes, walk around
>bench light

Man, sounds super hard
Haven't looked at it closely enough to know whether this is a good idea but I'll consider it.

>Intense squat and deadlift
>then bench

Sure sounds optimal

Thanks, that adds up to something like:

>Mon
Chins
Cgbp
Curl

>Wed
Pulldown
Dip
GMs

>Fri
Chins
Cgbp
Curl

this? I'd like to keep dips in, I enjoy doing them a lot.

Well I mean I'm definitely not gonna bench less than 3 days per week because fuck that but Candito's benching leaves something to be desired by all accounts and I know CLutz works.
I'm just spitballing and shitposting tbqh I mean you have a point I just know myself and I've never done a bench program with less than 3X/week freq that did shit for me.

I was saying closegrip once a week and dips once a week, but if you're just doing bw and cranking out reps, they'd probably be fine to throw in mid week. And I really would consider putting GMs on one of the more taxing squat days. Other than that, sure, looks fine.

to the guy mixing clutz with c6w, do it.
gained 20kg on my squat and 10kg on my bench by doing that. didn't do shit for my deadlift tho.

Ok, I'll tweak it a little, thank you.

I feel a little bad for not doing any dl accessories now that I think about it.

I would just keep running them. I've been thinking about redoing the last week with 5 lbs added and then doing a max out instead of another rep max, I'll let you know how that goes.

I've been running C6W as full body with 3x int med and I've run into no problems. Just bench between squatting and deadlifting, or doing bench amrap before squats on week 2.

Did you just do each as written?

A-anyone?

Last I checked you were using drugs and not competing in the IPF, so you're not powerlifting either.

So please remove yourself and stop giving bad advice.

i did the lower portion of c6w like written and the upper stuff from clutz as written, if i could do both on one day, great. if not, i still kept the same days as the program tells you even if i just had to lift upper on some days.

How much weight should I be able to squat before buying myself a pair of weightlifting shoes?

how do fix forward head?

you probably dont even need a pair if you have no. problem hitting depth comfortably

Gotcha. Thanks senpai.

btw did you feel like dying the whole time or was it pretty manageable?
I can't imagine it was really too bad.
Although I am trying to very slowly cut so I might be fucking myself but it's whatever.

>injure hip from squats and dont squat for 1 month
>injure knee from squats and replace squats with leg press
>try bodyweight squat and see that I'm leaning on my right side, so I decide to do single-leg press
>knee hurts
fuck that shit, should I just suck it up and start squatting with light weight again and work my way back to where I was pre-injury by increasing slowly? Apparently when I do the eccentric very slowly my I don't feel my hip clicking and my knees don't hurt desu.

I have no problem hitting depth but I imagine weightlifting shoes can help me with my power cleans, also I squat high bar so they would help me keep my torso upright. But at the same time someone squatting 100kg for 1RM in weightlifting shoes would probably be laughinggirls.jpeg material.

th-thanks

the lower portion was ok.
the uppsr part tho.. the first two weeks i felt amazing, then i felt weak as fuck. in week 5 my strength came back with triceps tendonitis, but is still managed to hit a 10kg pr. if you feel like shit, hang on there. it will get better. also train your biceps so you wont get triceps cancer.

So my gym is open for two 4 day intervals in the holidays (26-29 and 2-5), meaning i can go twice a week if i make space for at least one rest day after a workout. what's the best way to optimise this? Im almost 3 months into lifting and I was thinking of literally just doing the three major lifts for heavy (probably PR) sets of 5 on the first and last day that it's open, so on the 26th, 30th, 2nd and 5th. During all this time I'll be living with family and having big Christmas and new year lunches and dinners so i can godtier bulk. Could this work?

I have permanent elbow AIDS so it won't be anything new to me
That's def my CLutz experience too though. I figured it'd be about the same as normal.

Personal experience, just take it as a forced deload, and after a couple weeks of reconditioning at the lower weights you should start to be able to progress quickly, IE add 10 pound one week instead of 5.

As far as diet, as your general health returns to 100% your body will probably start to generally feel hungrier, and returning to previous weight/calories will feel more natural. You're also probably still dehydrated/low glycogen stores. Don't eat "whatever" to rush that process, will prob just gain a lot of fat. Especially at lower levels of training.

tldr you're body prob still isn't 100% give it a couple more weeks of progressive warm up

I finally hit a 4 plate deadlift. How long should 5 plates take? I'm 155 lbs so I'm guessing I'll hit a wall soon.

Congrats, but eat and dont stay twink

fuck you thats my work

>how long should 5 plate take
If you're natty about 2 years.

I made it

im not sure yet, switching back to straight bar next week, i feel like theyve really helped stability

barbell rows or v grip rows

ok thanks for letting me know

Who is eldritch evil?

He doesn't exist

I like neutral grip cable, starting to enjoy pendlays

Thanks a lot, man. Just got to be patient, I guess.

whats the consensus on deadlifting the day after squats or vice versa. does it have a lot of effect or not because my deadlifts genuinly go worse if i dont take a day off after my heavy squat session

need a new series to watch lads

its not 100% optimal but unless youre neet or its your job to train its hard to be in the 100% optimal bracket

24hr should be enough provided you eat and rest well enough

on top of that you have in your head its going to go worse than planned, so it does

It depends on your programming. If you're okay with your squat driving your deadlift, then keep your deadlift percentages a little bit lower and you should be fine. He'll you should be able to do both Squat and deadlift in the same day.

If you program your deadlift with higher percentages then you will need more recovery in between your Squat and deadlift sessions.

in the future please use this OP
/plg/- Powerlifting general.

>Old OP is best OP edition

Post PR's, routines, form checks, meet results, schmexy lifts, etc. No Dubs or gets allowed. Supermong and Sean pls go.

Remember OHP is not IPF approved, and long femurs are the underactive thyroid of lifting

>Vital Statistics Unit - /plg/ Census 2014
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eleKMNJv_CbQkw0MyzZvJo7gxOlhPjzEyKSJdc3Iigo/edit?usp=sharing

>ALL TIME RAW WORLD RECORDS (natty or not)
Men: powerliftingwatch.com/records/raw/world
Women: powerliftingwatch.com/records/raw/women-world

>The official pastebin
pastebin.com/99cMvaQh (embed)

>The new dropbox - Veeky Forums information repository
>now partially rebuilt
pastebin.com/RiXEg5L1 (embed)

>dropbox mirror
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B0Vyec-yHY6DYmNiMkg1dlZIelU&usp=sharing

>What is depthprivilege?
youtu.be/XpgmQmdMfe0

>How to deadlift by Mark Rippetoe