Is investing in mining rig still profitable? I see my local bestbuy offering RX 580 8gb for $289

Is investing in mining rig still profitable? I see my local bestbuy offering RX 580 8gb for $289.

>invest in mining rig with $1000
>run for months without profit, eventually make a few bucks a day
vs
>invest in BTC with $1000, or an alt coin
>make atleast a few % over the time it takes you to pay off your mining rig

and I just run my 1080 for mining whenever I'm not playing games, a good $30 a month that I then invest into coins

I be investing $5000 in 2 mining rigs like in pic and use it in Thailand cause my relative live there since electric is cheap

Just dropped 10k on 2 rigs, one with 7x 1070 and one with 6x rxvega 64 for zcash and monero respectively

Plus I got 2 old rigs with rx470/480 and one with 580s making a total of 350mh on ethhash

The vegas will make about 12k sols on monero and the 1070 are good for zcash, that's all I know

Mining is good because you get consistent profit, you actually enjoy crashes because you mine more, you calculate your gains after a year based on the current price, and then you sell your hardware to some neet gaymer for half of what it cost

I invested 30K in nvidia gpu miners, I'm still waiting to ROI but I got lucky and the recent increase in in zencash made me a lot closer to it..

At current prices/difficulty... it could be 2/3 of a year -> or even more than a year to break even from GPU mining.

if you put your money in mining rigs instead directly buying coins, you're fucking stupid

Don't let desperate bagholders like this turn you away from mining OP

The fact is, if mining stops being profitable, the coin dies because no one will validate transactions

Why are you spending that much money and not buying ASICs?

Oh right, because you're larping.

>lambo XXX1070 Conor McGregor Edition crypto-gayming rig

I cashed out like 10% of my cryptogains to build a mining rig. Using it to mine new promising coins. VERY COMFY

is it good idea to buy 3x 1080ti for one rig?

or is it better idea to go with more GPU that are less powerful

i went with 6x1060, more bang for your buck also consumes very little electricity

Asics are sold out, but I do have a preorder on the s9 from bitmain.
Chinks are charging 3.5k for their worn out asics, fuck them

Theres calculators and shit out there that'll tell you exactly what youre getting, just do the math yourself.

Also, asics can only mine BTC. I don't want to comit to a coin that can be taken over by forks, that can be gpu mined.

This way I'm sure I'l stick around

Get the gtx1070 or 1060
The 1080ti is utter shit for mining

I have an RX 470 and live with mom so free electricity

Any way to mine profitably? Particularly if I'm on Linux?

A GPU rig can change the target coin pretty easily, while an ASIC means you're dependent on the coin it was designed for.

Claymore etherium miner
Nanopool mining group
Minimum payout set to 0.05

$30/month here, watch out for dust.

thinking that its not worth it anymore to mine ETH? Its been bleeding for a while time

Can't mine XMR with those brainlet

yeah, you're totally going to profit with 20 cents / kwh

I started mining VTC not long ago when it was $0.80 now it's over $2.00 and could easily 10x so I'm holding it until I get bigger returns. Also it's ASIC resistant so I don't have to worry about the difficulty going too high for my GPU. Doesn't seem like you're getting many coins if you are minning on a gaming rig, but I easily get 30 coins a month and when you consider they could easily be worth $50 or more in the future then that's like earning $1,500 a month. Think of it like you're putting money into your IRA. Might not be worth much when you start but give it some time and that shit adds up quick.

What about free/nonfree drivers?

There's a lot of variables I'm wondering about on linux. It looks like AMD has a blockchain compute driver, but it's incompatible with gaming, so how do I work around that if I want to play CSGO from time to time?