How long did it take you to reach 1/2/3/4? Can a 6'5" twig reach it in a year?

How long did it take you to reach 1/2/3/4? Can a 6'5" twig reach it in a year?

Maybe.

depends on where you're starting from

Never worked out ever? not done any sports?
Never gonna make it in a year without roids

Absolutely. Talented people can do it in 3-4 months, lot of people make it in 6, 12 months is definitely doable dude.

The biggest problems are a consistency(getting hurt, vacations, etc,)
And b imbalances(I attained 2pl8 bench after 3 months, but after 6 months I'm still not at 3pl8squat)

You will do it m8, I believe in you

try loading up your musculoskeletal meaning after every squat workout put on 20kg more on the bar than you can squat and just support it for around 10s or even do some quarter inch dips with it. rest around 30s and then do it again.

most of the time i've seen that leg power is not the issue but the ability to support such loads is because the body is not used to it. musculoskeletal adaptation happens very slowly compared to muscle gain so it's best to train it in advance.

Thanks user, I believe in you too

I mean I broke my arm, did cross country for a bit, and never lifted weights. I waited 5 months after surgery to start lifting. 1 year and like 3 months later. 5'11 173

Bench: 190 x1
Ohp: 105 x4
Deadlift: 365 x3
Squat: 245 x4

Are these ok or am I a bitch?

starting from 6'2 135 lbs it took me 2.5 years

Do you want honest opinion or confirmation?
Remember, all that matters is progress, it doesn't matter where you started or where you are, it's about where you wanna be and what you do for that.

What's the big deal with 1/2/3/4? Is that honestly how people measure making it in the gym? I'm 6'5 and the only thing I really had trouble with when I first started was getting my deadlift to 4pl8s but besides that.. Every thing else was pretty easy to achieve...Just keep grinding man.. the more you work the faster results will come.

Guess I'm asking cause inside I already know it's pretty shitty progress but maybe it's just me being hard on myself.
Thanks I'll try to stay consistent and keep working at it

Insecure people find their self-worth by comparing themselves to others. 1/2/3/4 are easily comparable numbers, and, while not unreasonably difficult to achieve, distinguish somewhat experienced lifters from total novices. On a board like this, you will inevitably have a lot of comparisons, partly because many here need to feed their superiority complex by condescending others that are seemingly worse off than them.

Not him - I honestly don't get it. If you train for aesthetics/hobbyist how much you lift shouldn't be that big of a concern to you. If you are a powerlifter, you have competitions and stuff. Bragging about your gym total is meh to be honest.

Well, I understand why the people here do it, namely insecurity and need for validation. Whether it's healthy to live your life with by looking arbitrary numbers and vacuous comparisons is another question.
Working towards 1/2/3/ and demeaning everyone that has not reached that goal yet are two entirely different things, but some people have not come to this realization yet. Its mostly younger people who started lifting recently, it will fade away soon enough

>Younger people
I guess it's really a generation thing. The current crop of lifters can't see the forest for the trees lol.

>How long did it take you to reach 1/2/3/4?

I hit 1/2/3/4 when I was 16, at around 6'1" 200 lbs (maybe high-teens, low-20s body fat). I had started playing with weights and resistance training at 11 or 12, then started on a strength program for football in a year or two later.

>Can a 6'5" twig reach it in a year?

Could, but depends on where you're starting from. You really need to hit the big lifts at least 1x per week, and eat a ton of food.

>6'5
>Reaching 1/2/3/4 in a year

Big macs and pasta EVERY DAY

Please take the first months easy and do light sets with lots of reps to just get confident with form and have your body commit the movements to muscle memory.
Doing 4-6 weeks of 10 sets of 10 will allow for muscle growth and this will support your nervous system. This will also allow for less deloading in the long run and prevent injuries. Be eat at an extreme caloric surplus of 1000 to 2000 of your standard intake to feed muscle growth.
Best of luck to you!

Those are great starting numbers. But its like the other guy said its not about where you start

>6'5"

you'll ruin your back and shoulders even trying

Thanks user

any lanklets have tips on form adjustments specific to being a lanklet? I feel like i can never deadlift or squat correctly no matter how much i try to tweak

user don't know who you are but keep up the good work. Those are numbers I once used to hit and through progression have improved. You can too

I think I'll give that a try. I've been doing something like that, push press for 3 in excess of my work weight after my work sets.

6'7" lanklet with 1600 total

narrower squat stance than you think, sumo deads, narrower bench grip than you think

>2000 kcal surplus
do you want to make a pig out of him? 500 kcal everyday is TOP, enough to make him fat

just remember that a lanklet will propably have his basic TDEE a thousand higher than average joe

Post body or leave

They're just good beginner goals that any healthy adult male can achieve within a year. You'll be stronger than most people in your gym (assuming you lift in a normie gym), but won't be REALLY strong.

natty?

It takes about a week if you go to school, they can even teach you to count to ten if you believe in yourself.

This made me wish I had a polar bear buddy.

super natty, sitting around 275 right now

pretty sure it was hoping to get up there and eat everyone

Looking joocy, good on you
I hope to get close to that in a 1y or so

Don't listen to these manlets...

1/2/3/4 isn't achievable in 1 year, probably not even 2. But stick to your routine and you will look sick as fuark eventually, moreso than our vertically challenged friends could even dream of. Just focus on form, more than anyone tells you to, and getting the full ROM with every rep.

t. 6'5"

What's going on with that chest lad

what is 1/2/3/4?

sorry I'm a complete noob.

weird mix of what im assuming is puberty gyno and shit insertions

135/225/315/405

the press/bench/squat/diddly

what a stupid obsession this place has with numbers, routines and weights... Assuming you are training for aesthetics, what difference would it make as long as you are getting the results you desire?
I'll tell you what. Ego massage. Hivemind. Meme. You heard anonymous posters talking about this parameter and now you feel as though you should reach it?
Stupidity. Never gonna make it.

>doesn't lift: the post

>Assuming you are training for aesthetics

DING DING DING

Most people want to be big AND strong

also lift milestones are a cool thing to progress to, gives you an objective sense of accomplishment rather than subjective aesthetics

are those reps? wtf?!

>Can a 6'5" twig reach it in a year?
Depends on where your starting point is

I'm a 5'9 manlet and reached 1/2/3 in my first year but still havent got the 4pl8 deadlift.

No. Ever heard of 1RM?

Been lifting for 20 months and I just hit it. I might have been able to make it sooner, I live a pretty stressful life, but within a year? No way.

pic is the only RM i've heard about

1.90 here
I started skinnyfat, 28 years old, with absolutely no sport background, sedentary job and after recovering from a near fatal car crash (which included a fractured hip)

Took me 2.5 years

Consistency is key, never stop and don't worry about how fast you get there. The path is way more important than "there"

Cute polo bear.