Would red meat be appropriate for mine and my wifes diet

Would red meat be appropriate for mine and my wifes diet.

>I am trying to lose weight
>I am just focused on losing weight
>wife and I are currently doing crossfit (inb4 the maymays)
>Wife is trying to add muscle she currently weighs 110
>Says that eating red meat is not as advantageous as white meat
>I try to explain that calorie for calorie lean red meat is almost identical to white meat
>she says I am crazy

Who is in the right here?

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/fit/search/image/yrJ1GGtn9ongE_T-2mi93A/
health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/cutting-red-meat-for-a-longer-life
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

lol red meat is so much better but it costs more

it has more iron content too and your wife needs iron in her diet as she loses some every month

Yes, it's been anecdotally stated by bodybuilders and lifters of the past to be better for building muscle then fish and poultry.

It's weird but there it is.

eat both

inb4 saturated fat demonizers

na bro you need to eat MORE CARBS like basmati rice, ghee, naan (tons of extra butter), saag and don't forget the bombay potatos.

Meat is evil, cows are for worshipping not killing.

>didn't read the sticky

>Meat is evil, cows are for worshipping not killing.
I guess if you want to be a dyel fat ass

CrossFit is the maymay you dolt. Why don't you hop on the vegan wagon too? I hear that's full of white middle class 30 somethings who just woke up and realized that hs gym class was a gift and you fuckin blew it.

desuarchive.org/fit/search/image/yrJ1GGtn9ongE_T-2mi93A/

what the h*ck my man

To be fair I have lost 50 pounds with a combination of crossfit and a better diet and she has lost 20 pounds. I am not saying its the only way to work out but it has surely worked for me.

Well honestly it doesnt matter since you're already doing something you shouldnt be

Why would you not eat red meat?

Red meat is a carcinogen and is the least heart healthy meat even when lean so you'd do better to avoid it

>more carbs
>like ghee

Your marriage isn't going to last

best advice I can give you is to stop overthinking the whole thing, worry about macros and adjust diet as necessary during the action instead of planning everything out prior.

A lot of people on this board get stuck in the planning or opening stages and run into roadblocks or don't see the progress they expected even though the "math" of the diet and programming should add up. You need to just workout focusing on cardio and hypertrophy while eating at a caloric deficit. She needs to focus on cardio/hypertrophy/strength by rotating from a base of cardio and muscular endurance to hypertrophy and then hypertrophy/strength in 4 week blocks, while eating at a caloric surplus and maintaining macros/nutrition.

You will realize if you are gaining/losing weight too quickly, not burning enough calories to have the diet you are, and etc.

god damn my mother is exactly like that. father too, just less.

Eat meat. Eat red meat, eat white meat, eat fish.

Red meat is great. It has a ton of vitamins and minerals, a good amount of fat and lots of protein. I eat unprocessed (not minced meat) red meat at least once a week. It has plenty of iron, zinc and vitamin b, which are good for your testosterone, which will help you loose fat and gain muscle. Your wife also needs plenty of iron because she loses it during her period with the blood.

Unless youre allergic or a vegan cult member, red meat is suitable for any diet.

>loose fat

health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/cutting-red-meat-for-a-longer-life

I love red meat

it's fine