Bitcoin fork

can someone explain the bitcoin fork to me ? and what's the deal with bitcoin gold ? Is it a good idea to buy bitcoin and sell it before the fork ?

Bitcoin gold is a hard fork of bitcoin that changes the proof of work algorithm to the ASIC resistant Equihash. It's basically an alt-coin forked from bitcoin instead of creating one from scratch. It'll probably fail like all alt-coins. My plan is to sell the Bgold as soon as possible.

Anyone who holds BTC on a certain date will be able to receive an equal amount of bitcoin gold. if you sell your BTC before the fork you won't get any bitcoin gold so don't do that.

fork and knives, whatever. it will always go up

kek that webm

Don't sell right away. Your transactions could be duplicated on the other chain by people trying to steal your coins.

if I move all my coins on the original chain to a new wallet after the fork, then using a Bgold wallet import my old private keys, that should prevent such an attack, no?

i hate my country and white people so much. women deserve to get raped.

i cant wait till europe is overrun with islam and america become full blown mehicanos. hows that for manifest destiny?

>this is a modern woman

JUST

So basically no miners are for this and it's going to be an instant shitcoin that people will struggle to even liquidate?

Fuck off back to pol you low iq inbred

obviously

t. Iota investor

Not necessarily, Bitcoin Cash was also expected to be an instant shitcoin and most people couldn't sell it fast enough, but it was still valued as high as 0.14 before the last bull run on BTC. Bitcoin Gold can never reach that high, but it can be of some value for a short while.

Bitcoin gold is not a hard fork. Bitcoin gold has nothing to do with the main chain of the bitcoin network. All bitcoin gold is doing is trying to 'sell' it as a hardfork so there is more interest in their product. In reality bitcoin gold is a massive premine on a completely new blockchain which is literally just copying the balanaces of different bitcoin addresses to it's new chain.

Correct, only adults are for this. Miners will have to wait til they're older.

That's literally what a hard fork means you moron.

Bitcoin Gold is as much a hard fork as literally every other hard fork. There are new hard forks made every day, you just don't know about them because nobody buys or sells them.

That's the definition of a "hard fork" you retarded fuck.

What am i watching? Is that thing still alive or why does she react like that?

Hitbtc Yobit and Tradesatoshi confirmed they will list Bitcoin Gold
Cryptopia Bitrex Poloniex will not
Novaexchange Binance and Bleutrade maybe will list

She doesnt know how to use the three sea shells.

I think the best play here is to move your BTC to an exchange which may or may not list the BTG, but probably will, like Binance, but which also has a BTC/USDT pair.

That way you can "get the fork" and then sell your BTC right away, watch as BTC dips hard, and then if you get the BTG later from the exchange good for you. If you don't, all you have to do is buy back in your BTC lower and you'll have made up the difference. For example, if BTG somehow magically got as high as 0.1 BTC (it won't), then you just have to buy back in BTC 10% lower, which is completely reasonable considering how much it should dip after the fork.

what wallet you guys planning on using when dumping bitcoin gold

If these guys 'hardfork' then premine for themselves before they release to the public is it really something you want to be a part of?
Good exchanges don't list. Shit exchanges do, wow fancy that.

See That's my plan.

And that's what every hard fork does.

wouldnt it be smarter to separate your BTG, dump only BTG, keep your BTC, then buy more BTC with dumped BTG?

No....it wouldn't be.
How new are you to this, be honest?

You won't be able to get your BTC on the exchange in time to sell, first of all. So good luck with that. This is the only time where a stop loss might be a good idea.

And second of all, if BTC dips 10% and BTG turns out to only be worth $300 each, which is totally reasonable, then you've lost $300 for every BTC you own by not just selling your BTC to begin with. Your plan makes no sense.

How do you? What is she eating???