I need to drop 50 seconds off my run time by the 28th

I heard breathing techniques increase lung capacity thats my biggest problem my lungs

Im leaving for boot camp soon need help ASAP

I should also mention im sick right now a lot of back up in my nasal passage and throat, and yes i smoke but my lung capacity was shitty before then and i feel its getting better just not in the time frame i need.

bump

You need to reduce weight so you are faster, just like a performance car
Here's a few tips:

Get circumcised
Donate blood
Cut your toe and finger nails
Wear compression gear
Shave your hair and go bald (also aerodynamic)
Donate a kidney (why do you need 2 anyway)
Remove a wisdom tooth
Don't eat before the run, just take the first sip of the day

You're welcome kiddo

i actually did this 2 years ago and almost made the Olympics

You're gonna have to stop smoking during boot camp. Might as well stop now. It's going to fucking suck, but you will regain some lung capacity.

Use a neti-pot for your backed up sinuses. It will clear it up in a week.

As for run time, the way we fixed peoples' run time when I was in the military was pretty simple.

>Go to an olympic track
>jog the straights at a quicker pace than you normally go
>walk the corners
>Do this for 2 miles
Eventually:
>jog straights quicker than you normally go
>jog corners
Before your rest day:
>sprint the straights
>walk the corners

This is easy as fuck, and it works quickly.
Make sure you're also studying proper running form or you will fuck your joints up. Warm up before hand to reduce injury. Stretch afterward to prevent tightness.

Good luck at boot camp. Seriously, stop smoking now or it's just going to make it that much harder for you.

Problem is im on a liquid only diet to cut off the last 5lbs before the 28th which is when my IST at HQ is and ciggerettes are the only thing keeping me sane. Will that jogging/walking help me shave 50 seconds off in 5 days because i need a quick solution to the issue.

You can :
- Read the book "Let Every Breath" by vladimir vassiliev.
- Search about the wim hof method
- Search about the pranayama.

>5 days from IST
Holy fuck, no, nothing will lol.
The good news is you're going to have some very motivating individuals making sure you pass your fitness standards by the end of boot camp.

Also, if smoking is honestly the "only thing" keeping you sane, then you are going to have a hard time dealing with all the bull shit in the first month of boot camp. Maybe you should spend the next 5 days learning to not be such a bitch.

not the fag fucking retard OP but i wanted to thank you for your post.

You're fucking RDC's or Drill Sergeants or whatever the fuck will run you down til you get it off your time. Trust me retard, they'll make sure you're ready. It's their job.

no problem

They wont send me to boot if i dont meet the IST standards and i need to leave in january, so this is my big day ive ran a 13:42 mile and a half but that was a really good day i need to run a 13:30 and im running a 14:10.

>my biggest problem my lungs
>im sick right now
>yes i smoke
>on a liquid only diet
>28th which is when my IST at HQ

Push yourself, fucker. Eat a bunch of carbs the night before and hydrate like crazy for a few days prior. Eat something filling in the morning if your run is in the afternoon. You're gonna feel great on the day of the run. Amp yourself up with some pre-workout and just hustle like you want the fucking job. If you know you're going slow, you better fucking sprint that last lap. Throw up while you run if you need to, but don't accept getting under 13:30. You've got one run to do this, so do it as hard as you can, and rest later.

That liquid diet is probably what's slowing you down, btw. You're losing muscle mass and don't have the energy to sustain yourself for the full run.

The fuck. You did 13:43, so you can do 13:30 don't be such a lil bitch and push yourself… also
>liquid diet
Wtf please explain

I know this diets killing me but the problem is my recruiters and MEPS lied to me saying i met weight requirements for my heigh im 190 right now i need to be 187, ive said to myself its probably just mental but i know when i really push my lungs feel like exploding.

Ill refer to what i said about but recruiters and MEPS lied to me saying i met weight requirements for my heigh im 190 right now i need to be 187
and im having these "Ensure" nutrition shakes that are crammed with vitamins and stuff to sustain me through the day.

Yeah, that's because you're not in great shape. You can definitely do 13:30, you just have to be able to push yourself past the point where you think your lungs will explode
protip: they won't

Funny thing is i took advice from an idiot who got out of the Corps a few months ago and worked on only upper body to get that ready he said running would be easy and i havent ran since i played football in highschool and weighed 135, so now here i am 1 month before heading out to San Diego and im realizing its not as easy as he put it to be.

Where does it say you need to be 187? I'm checking the charts right now and I only see 192 for 70" and 186 for 69"

Ay, fuck it. You're pretty much at the level you're going to be at for the run. The best thing you can do is prepare for the test by hydrating, eating right, and keeping your muscles from tightening up. Keep running, but take a rest day on the 27th.

Dont know the GnySgt that contacted me told me something about contract weight or something since i signed for infantry i dont know what the hell that means.

Come the night before i plan on loading with carbs to give myself the energy.

I'd get some more information on that. Sometimes your superiors are talking out of their asses, or actually just have incorrect information. Either way, hes not your superior yet so I'd call up the people conducting the test and say you want to be clear on the requirements. Show up anyway even if you don't think you'll make the weight. Chances are if you're a pound or two off, they'll just say you're at the cutoff point anyway.

I dont really have all that much time left theweight im worried about but at the same time im more worried about the run, i want this more than anyone else and im being told its mental its metal its mental, but at the same time i feel my leaving my runs to the last minute(compared to how long ive been in pool) was a terrible over sight. Will running friday, sunday, and monday really help me or should i just work on getting rest and then giving it everything i got on wednesday.

Running on those days is going to keep you from getting soft over those 4 days. Push yourself on friday, then run light for sunday and monday. Resting on Tuesday will be enough

It will help. It's not going to drastically decrease your time, but it will help, and not running during that time might slow you down a bit.

Give it everything you've got on Wednesday. Seriously, think of it this way: It's just one run. If you honestly push yourself to succeed no matter how shitty you feel, then you will be leaving for boot camp when you want to.

btw, all of my fastest runs were during the test. Something about that test just makes you want to push yourself. I also like to find someone I know is faster than me and try to keep up with them.

Thanks for the advice i got work in a few hours i need some sleep Ill follow your advice. I need to get there in january so ill do everything i can.

no problem. Good luck, man. Looking back, the military was the worst fun I've ever had. Fucking awesome, and enjoy it.