Does Veeky Forums believe in an afterlife? For this life to exist, other lives must be able to exist right?

Does Veeky Forums believe in an afterlife? For this life to exist, other lives must be able to exist right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=F01nU0Z95LA
youtube.com/watch?v=9pDjdkCucE8
youtube.com/watch?v=8VFHRhENrrU
youtube.com/watch?v=UCmUHY6QsWA
youtube.com/watch?v=gx5i1J4qQXo
youtube.com/watch?v=HAhbt4CUNZU
youtube.com/watch?v=gYXlvtwaODw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I am terrified that only oblivion awaits. An afterlife just doesn't make sense to me. If Nirvana awaits, us, what's the point of living?

Do animals have an afterlife too?

Do insects?

I have no recollection of a "before life", as in, a time from before I was born, so why should there be an after life too?

What the fuck does one do in the after life all day? Would an eternity of Nirvana get boring? Would eternal existence drive us crazy?

If we don't have to work and everything is given to us, are we just eternal pets to superior spiritual beings?

If there's an afterlife, and gods, why isn't that shit common knowledge with unquestionable certainty and evidence, that they exist?

The afterlife just doesn't make sense to me, but I am so fucking afraid of eternal nothingness. I would ALMOST prefer hell, because at least I exist and I'm still me. Being in a state of eternal thoughtlessness sometimes keeps me up at night.

I just hope I can talk to interesting people in hell

There will be no time to talk.

the particles that make up your brain don't disappear, also they are in constant flux even while you are alive so you may not even be the same entity you were 5 minutes ago

>Does Veeky Forums believe in an afterlife?
There's no real reason to believe that one exists, at least not yet. Maybe someday in the future there'll be one.

>For this life to exist, other lives must be able to exist right?
How does this follow?

"believe"? You're all bitches to Maya and don't realize how radical your phenomenology can change based on "material" factors. Imagine a multitude who bow down to demonic puppets and angelic puppets. And yet they are mere puppets and one can make them melt with a stare.

"I will reincarnate" = "I hope that devas and ashuras will put on human masks and parrot human values!"

Of course you could be in a cyberpunk hell corporate solitary cell. Forced to live a million lifetimes of sorrow and slaughter before you cry and love "Mitsuda-Thyssen-Carlos", the tripartite god of the eponymous corporation..

>If there's an afterlife, and gods, why isn't that shit common knowledge with unquestionable certainty and evidence, that they exist?

Jews redefined "God" to mean "raping, pillaging, terrorist lynch mob." That didn't change what God is - it just turned mortals into arrogant know-nothing savages who like to stroke their egos over how well they follow a terrorist handbook.

I'm God.

youtube.com/watch?v=F01nU0Z95LA

>I just hope I can talk to interesting people in hell

Hell is consciousness eternal in a void without any sensory input whatsoever - you can't talk to anyone.

Itt: cringe.

Nobody knows for sure, as nobody has actually come back from the dead to talk about it.

>If there's an afterlife, and gods, why isn't that shit common knowledge with unquestionable certainty and evidence, that they exist?

So, as you can see, for God to be common knowledge - the Jews (and other Abrahamics) have to be recognized as frauds - since their egos will never allow this, they'll just all keep going to hell and/or having their souls destroyed indefinitely for high treason against Pharaoh.

youtube.com/watch?v=9pDjdkCucE8

how do I avoid hell

No, but it's a bonus if there is.

Afterlife presupposes a soul entity that is different from the body and somehow survives death.

We can't know if afterlife exist, but we can make good claim on whether or not the soul exist. Far as we know, every "evidence of soul" has been debunked as a physical/body functions by science.

>how do I avoid hell

Avoiding hell is easy enough unless you're an Abrahamic in which case the risk is extremely increased since Moses worship is high treason against mankind, God and King, getting into heaven is harder than simply avoiding hell - but standard rules:

Don't murder/assault, don't rape, don't lie/defraud/manipulate/sophisticate, don't steal, don't cheat (adultery), don't vandalize, don't disrespect teachers/superiors (as a general rule - sometimes teachers/superiors are simply wrong).

youtube.com/watch?v=8VFHRhENrrU

the only way to get rid of that fear is to release your ego. Realize that everything is one, and you have no reason to be afraid of losing "your" existence.

as humans, we are capable of pondering things like the afterlife, but with that comes fear of losing ourselves and what we know.

you did not choose this body, or how and where you were brought up. why do you need to defend this shell so carefully? just because you have grown to love yourself enough to enjoy it now doesn't mean that love could last forever, and this body and mind you've curated will become boring themselves. Use it as if you may get a chance at a fresh slate in an existence you don't get to choose, but the soul gains experience from this life. There is no need to worry.

>Being in a state of eternal thoughtlessness sometimes keeps me up at night.
This shit right here terrifies me. Sometimes I wish I could simply believe.

Ohh. This guy is still here...

Try amphetamines. Back when I was working 80+ hour weeks as a paralegal, I used to swallow shitloads of Adderall every day. After a psychotic break, I believed in god wholeheartedly for about a year. Now, having been through all that, I no longer give a shit about existence or the lack thereof.

>Ohh. This guy is still here...

Still your god, just like I was 4000 years ago and will be 4000 years from now.

youtube.com/watch?v=UCmUHY6QsWA

Did you drop the tripcode so that you could get through to the people who filtered you?

>Ohh. This guy is still here...

What am I supposed to say? As long as the lie is maintained that the Jewish book is the "word of God" this planet is poisoned.

The assertion of the Jewish book is "I will serve neither the King nor the gods, but I will serve myself in the name of the King and God."

That's what Jesus means:

> You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot.

youtube.com/watch?v=gx5i1J4qQXo

So, what's something that would surprise me to learn about an omnipotent deity, such as yourself?

Yes. Whether you maintain your individual consciousness or identity I don't know.

ITT: 15 year olds do philosophy

someone essplain why god would make us mortal if he had an afterlife planned for us?
couldn't god just create everything and let us die and be dead forever?

Mental illness is some scary shit, yo.

>So, what's something that would surprise me to learn about an omnipotent deity, such as yourself?

I'm not omnipotent, I'm just a mortal.

youtube.com/watch?v=HAhbt4CUNZU

>Mental illness is some scary shit, yo.

I'm not mentally ill - I'm giving you the accurate truth based on empirical observation - some of which I have given you. I live on a planet where talking burning bushes are vigorously discussed with the utmost seriousness, but super-3-space omnipresent superhuman beings are considered crazy talk - what can I say?

>How does this follow?
Eat my ass bitch

a seed grows into a plant and so on

>why did god do x
its a mystery bro

>i live on a planet where this guy did x
Are you justifying your claims just because others did something?

Pathetic pseud. Go be a brainlet in /x/, kid.

Maybe your idea of what 'afterlife' entails is wrong. If you are looking for continuity of consciousness, then my guess is you're not going to find it. But if you adjust your idea of afterlife to one in which the choices you made and the actions you took to enact those choices will continue to shape the world after you part from the sensory world, then you might have a better outlook.

This. I mean if there's something after death, cool, I'm all on board with that.

But what if there isn't?

Then you won't be around to worry about it. Simple as that. If you view your life as a possession to be lost you will be disappointed. But if you view it as a temporary stay in a wondorous hotel, you can retire comfortably, having enjoyed your time, when you reach check out time.

who else terrified by reincarnation

i want there to be nothing when i die, that's my one consolation in this pointless existence

We have to come from somewhere right?

If I have to choose annhilation or reincarnation, I'm definitely choosing to be destroyed.

see

Generally speaking, you've got the right mindset to be a Buddhist.

People think the Buddha taught about how life is awesome and we should love it, but it's actually the opposite. You should strive to cease the cycle of rebirth, and annihilate your clinging to this world.

enlightenment is hard to achieve, i dont have what it takes. if there is reincarnation im doomed to perpetual rebirth. ill be a shitposting NEET for all eternity

Buddhism teaches that every being can achieve it. You can always work to earn merit so that the next life you experience is more conducive to achieving enlightenment.

you're only a budhhist because you're too weak to be a daoist

shaktist masterrace

You clearly haven't heard about my nigga Er.

i'd like to have an actual discussion about this. i got into a near death experience once, the modern science hypothesis is that the brain releases certain chemicals in certain dosages when under duress, when nearing death conditions, or when faced with great mechanical shock or otherwise. however maybe that's not the case, or the full story. maybe there's something beyond, a god, a presence, behind our 3d reality that just happens to manifest in this way in our universe. and even if it isn't, is it wrong to interpret this biological processes as concepts like death, god, after life and so on, after all we don't have to mean everything literally.

what do you think about this, i personally would like to believe to believe there's a god, and i think there's a kind of god, but i'm slowly losing grip on my faith

eh, who's to say. we're all looking at it from the pov of an alive human bean. maybe the afterlife is different for everyone, maybe it's a personal heaven or hell for each and everyone, or maybe it's like a multiplayer game. who knows? but i'd like to keep being able to learn about the world and the universe even after death

why do humans think they are so important that they live on after death?

why do we entitle ourselves to such ridiculous ideas and feel we're worth keeping around after our lives?

do ants get the same privilege? just because we have the ability to gain enough knowledge for questions of who, what, when, where, why, and how, why should that make us anymore special than the cockroach i found dead under my couch yesterday?

>Are you justifying your claims just because others did something?
>Pathetic pseud. Go be a brainlet in /x/, kid.

Whine more - your delusions won't make God less real.

God outsmarted a bunch of arrogant self-important mortals - shocking...

youtube.com/watch?v=gYXlvtwaODw

>terrified of oblivion
t. Brainlet
Why would you be afraid of not existing? No more suffering.