Is keto a meme...

Is keto a meme? Loosing some weight and acording to all keto diets it seems that it is a faster route if you have the discipline to stick to it.
Toughts on this?

Any diet that's end goal isn't calorie deficit is a meme

> But muh scientifically backed ketons come from fat tissue directly

Keto diets aren't memes. Every diet is just the phrase "calorie deficit" in a different package. Idk about the ketosis-enducing supplements though.

Keto isnt a meme, you will be on a clorie deficit but you dont feel like starving.
Thats the whole point.
Actually the 1300kcal on keto diet felt better than 2500kcal normal food.
Just my 2 cents.

Yeah, I have been doing keto for about 3 days and it's been a lot better than my diet for the past month. You eat tastier food at the expense of no carbs, definitebly worth it.

Whoever what I am asking is that if keto, aside from calorie in calorie out, actually makes you loose fat faster since you deplete glucouse in blood.

I honestly did 8t while eating 1500 cal went from 240 to close to 200 in about 60 days.I know the initial weight loss was from water but I saw my man tits and love handles shrink no other diet did that but its def not a long term solution

Why do you say it's not long term?

Weight loss "science" is so full of bought-and-paid scientists misconstruing evidence that its actually pretty hard to tell what works and what doesn't without actually trying it yourself.

I suppose it actually wouldnt be bad long term but idiots start eating bacon and cheese and package things that have high fat which is usually high in sodium.After I lost a bunch of weight I stayed on it for a year I actually was pre diabetic before and after I was far away from being pre diabetic.When I did it I got my fats from coconut,avacado,nuts,salmon,grass fed meat no packed shit or high sodium meat

>3 days
>Has any insight to how good something is.

Tried it for 2 months. It's a diet; if you stick to it you will lose weight. Better off just realising that natural fats are great as an appetite suppressant and include more of those into your diet while eating at a deficit.

Yeah, that's exactly what I thought, I've been doing a lot of research but as it turns out there's a lot of mis-information floating around about every possible subjected related to bodyweight and muscle.

That's why I ask Veeky Forums so I can have some real experiences to know if I want to keep with it.

I also read on the medical side, as in desease related, if you over-keto you can cause seriouse damage or loose them gainz because of sickness or said damage.

Didn't say I had any insight into it, just stated that I feel full and the food that I eat is better than regular diet I followed. Then asked whether the info I read on keto is true

You'll find recovering from workouts to be harder. I felt as though they took a lot out of me as a whole. Not even being retarded; I work out fasted now in the mornings and still feel like I have more energy than when I did keto.

Keto was a great mood regulator; and the amount of energy I had was quite consistent throughout the day. However, doing anything that required more exertion was difficult and my strength wasn't at full capacity. Bear in mind also that keto was designed to treat the hyper-obese for quick results; it isn't a diet that's easy to sustain muscle synthesis and regular, high intensity workouts.

tl;dr if you're fatass, do it. if not, be a responsible adult and stop looking for fad diets to get a quick fix.

I am kind of a fatass, looking at 25% BF. I've have been droping a lot of fat since I did a 1k cal and lost about 3% BF in a month. Then upped to TDEE-500 and I have noticed pants are starting to feel loose.

Would keto be my best bet or should I stick to where I was before?

Stick to what you were doing before; at the end of the day it will be the more sustainable choice. Plus bulking on keto is hard. You're making a life long change, not just a couple of months. Need to get that into your head. The expense is also a bit frustrating; not only that but the increased prep time and limited food choices.You've done well so far, don't try to 'mix it up' and potentially fail at that, then use that as an excuse to put it all back on again.

Can you tell I've gone through the exact same thing? Be smart. Don't complicate things. It's simple, just a constant effort.

If you're holding a lot of mass, it's good.

But low carb is easier if most of that mass is fat. Your first time in ketosis, you'll probably have issues controlling the cravings you're going to get initially, and going back after refeeds.

Thanks bro, just wanted to get the best bang for a buck since I am already going to be cutting up on food. I think I will be going back to the old diet just getting high protein intake and balancing fat and carbs to keep calories low aswell.

I like it a lot, first month got me 15 lbs of weight loss. But a little anecdote: after the first month I let up a bit (mistake), and I cheated by having sips of milk throughout the day (really adds up jesus) and some cheese quesadillas I gained 3 pounds over the course of 5 days and it was upsetting. Then when I readjusted and got back into keto foods, boom, the 3 pounds (+ an extra half pound) were gone by morning. This leads me to believe the 3 lbs was just water weight retained by carbs. So yeah the scale goes down faster on a keto diet but not all of that speedy loss is fat. But the speed is encouraging, and makes you want to stick it out.

My favorite part about the diet is how it makes the taste buds more sensitive and suddenly food tastes much better. Suddenly fruits that used to be meh now taste like the nectar of gods. Then again you could probably achieve this affect by just cutting out sugar/processed foods.

Aren't you supposed to get more sodium on keto anyway, since a problem with the diet is electrolyte deficiencies?

>bulking
>on keto

I dare you, I fucking dare you, to make progress without carbs once you leave noob gains

Cannot be done

Keto is retarded and very unhealthy (salt)

However, less carbs should be consumed when cutting. You can even eat no carbs when cutting. Just don't follow keto protocol and eat a shitload of fat and salt, simply eat mostly protein when you cut and mostly carbs when you bulk

>Loosing some weight
Fucking retard.

>if you have the discipline to stick to it.

The whole point of keto is that you don't need discipline. You just eat fatty foods.

But legitimate keto does end with a caloric deficit.

I weigh about 190lbs, I intend on doing a keto diet in January, eating at maintenance for 180lbs. Will keto actually drop the weight or is it just a meme?

Yes if you do it properly. You will end up lowering your caloric intake anyway though, so its not magic. Just changes the way your body processes and satiates.

For 10lbs though, might just be water weight.

I had hoped it would be roughly 10lbs of fat, it's weight that I don't need to be carrying. 10lbs was just a goal to see if it worked.

keto benefits pre-diabetics, insulin sensitive, hyperinsulemic and metabolic syndrome types of people most

not a meme, I've lost 12kg going low carb and keto

keto is not beneficial long-term, though, and once you reach 10% body fat you should maintain that as long as you can and then slowly exit ketosis watching for insulin spikes. probably should remain fairly low-carb regardless of keto or not because it promotes overall health and longevity

what is superstarch?

r/ketogains
leangains etc.

>salt is unhealthy

KY

>No carbs and processed sugar
>Average diet is 90% carbs and sugar
Wonder how?

Do you need to use the pee sticks or something to meassure?. Also what happens if I just go full carbs bulk after a couple months of keto?

Any diet that's end goal is only a caloric deficit is a meme, as you can see everywhere in the world.
You've got to include metabolic rate changes and adaption.