/plg/ - powerlifting general

Welcome to /plg/ - powerlifting general!
youtu.be/qv96yJYhk3M

Powerliftinggeneral.com

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/pVnYmJx8BHc
gymdirect.com.au/shop/weights-bars-dumbbells/bars/olympic-size/54-inch-chrome-olympic-shrug-bar-30mm/
gymdirect.com/shop/weights-bars-dumbbells/bars/olympic-size/54-inch-chrome-olympic-shrug-bar-30mm/
roguefitness.com/rogue-29mm-burgener-rippetoe-bar-2-0
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1akqwfO1und1UI1zvnwK9KIMeJ-r0TLjYJMxi2cTp84c/edit?usp=sharing
youtube.com/watch?v=merbDnXDvoU
discord.gg/YrDZqtk
open.spotify.com/track/52RXVx2JA6UEMRODAKaP2X
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cfn4wy-9lc3mO5ObkoBU_Bf2GUtkr42gCyZS_hzeD4I/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1A8YmCRV8hL4VFdMtuSzNAM_0wjPF4lj1HxHFEnMVers/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18nIdEHDGktGptKsWDQzowXkmHeM6XGMFj-TnGdQKLmY/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1htZVT7ltLYVBSB3Uh9PQKqARitj46IEgihbo3Uu04P0/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-Yt4THa8mZNR81aUcgDVgdqTpc3GiAKLenx3Z7id0yE/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I want a smoll husky;-;

kind of want to mess around with the slingshot again

Spoto shot round 2?

Since everyone is shitposting bench stuff what is a good 2 day bench progression I could use in C6W

I was thinking maybe hepburn or trying some RPE stuff like:

Just rough idea to replace each upper day bench with:
W1: one set of 8@ 9 drop 15% then repeat till RPE 9
W2: 8@ 9 drop 7.5% and repeat
W3: 5@ 9 drop 10% and repeat
W4: 3@9 drop 5% and repeat

I want any sort of companionship

I want both :)

cute puppers

>all 2016 and no gf
WHAT IS EVEN THE POINT

you should be glad
there is no worse feeling than her breaking up with you

I got that last year, but now I wanted to get a new one for this year so that I could break up with her REEEEEEEEEE

why get a gf if you don't love her

That's why we're gonna commit double suicide with my gf, that way none of us can break up with each other.

love isn't real the last one taught me that lol

The day was fun, now the day is done.
I'm happy to have shared some of it with you.

Gniight /plg/

only for wymmin, i can feel love. and i still love her even though she completely shattered my heart.

Right, but I mean wtf I hate women now?!

friendship with Leeman ended.

youtu.be/pVnYmJx8BHc

I hope you never wake up you humongous faggot

fact: duffin makes the worst videos

>Straps
>Dl bar
>sumo
>tng
>no lock out

still strong I guess but jeez

he pulled it for more conventional if you actually watched

yeah I know just memeing with the >sumo

not even tng, he literally does not stop the bar even once.

Favorite boapost yet

>love isn't real
objectively incorrect

>super liked by a trap on tinder

Just do a 2 day DUP, ex:
Day 1 Spoto press 5x4, tng 1x4+, start at ~70%
Day 2 4x2, 1x2+, start at ~80%
Add 2.5kg/week to each, reset when stalled and push the + sets when the weights are lighter. Add in some closegrip and dB bench throughout the week and done.

Sounds pretty interesting lad

Would you test your 1rm once stalled?

>objectively incorrect
Only in that there is no objective definition of love, but that's hardly an argument

a-at least you got liked

Wake up /plg/

Wake up u cunts

Are there any good 3-day routines out there?

We all do user.

I'm getting absolutely SICK and TIRED OF THE IMPOSTORS

Mfw lith is so irrelevant that he needs a trip for people to notice him

Fuck you bully. My reddit friends would never tall to me like this. This place is toxic, you all need to see psychologists. Just because I happen to be a pedophile does not give you the right to talk down to me. Sexual identities are inherent and cannot be changed, it is not my fault and nor should I be discriminated against for it.

has anyone here run the 2x or 3x a week deadlift templates from 28 free programs (int or adv)? good/bad/what would you change?

Just do sheiko

I did the 2x a week for a bit and found the opposite stance stuff to be pretty pointless. Training opposite stance is probably pretty good but not with the same frequency as primary stance.

Running 1x int though at the moment and it's great.

>Lith recommending deadlift training

I didn't recommend shit, I was just sharing my own experiences

did, made some gains on the 3 day but I want more frequency

the new 4 days have a little too much meme shit (chains) for me

Can anyone recommend a good training bar for home gym for a dyel? Something that doesnt go over $300

gymdirect.com.au/shop/weights-bars-dumbbells/bars/olympic-size/54-inch-chrome-olympic-shrug-bar-30mm/

149$

I'm not AU to clarify

gymdirect.com/shop/weights-bars-dumbbells/bars/olympic-size/54-inch-chrome-olympic-shrug-bar-30mm/

kill yourself fat bitch

roguefitness.com/rogue-29mm-burgener-rippetoe-bar-2-0

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1akqwfO1und1UI1zvnwK9KIMeJ-r0TLjYJMxi2cTp84c/edit?usp=sharing

Only if you wanted to. If you can push int day far enough you'll set rep prs that you can guess your max from, otherwise just reset and add 2.5/5kgs to the starting weight.

Wow, never thought I'd need to bump a plg thread.

I did 100 strict barbell curls yesterday and my left bicep is tight and knotted up.

I'm worried it will tear T_T

Do I foam roll it or what?

running this routine would most likely kill me

thanks for the spreadsheet though, i might break it out later

I wonder how much he could pull in a full power competition, with a non-bendaroo bar and without straps.
youtube.com/watch?v=merbDnXDvoU

Planning out my training for the next year. Should I hop onto Sheiko or the linearly perodised 12 week program I've planned togheter with block periodisation, and running Jacked & Tan 2.0 after for 12 more weeks?

I just recently read a rant about the western/eastern training methodologies, and how eastern ones are more scientific and sustainable long term, where as western ones are heavyily built on its bodybuilding roots compared to eastern weightlifting. And lifters like Lilliebridge etc. only really make great progress in spite of their programming due to heavy AAS use. (I just happen to be slightly enhanced at the moment, so I'm afraid that I'll make great progress on either program, but with more of an injury risk on my own LP due to pushing harder. And ultimately that the gains will be from the gear, instead of my own genioualy crafted masterpiece of a program /hyperbole. Setting myself up for worse long term progression)

They're fairly similar in the sense that both of the options are 4 day full body, Squat/dead x2, bench x3 and OHP x1 weekly. But a fair bit of emphasis on accessories and movement variations for the LP/Block one. Basically just different training ideologies and loading differences.

I've only got ~320 wilks since I just recently started getting into powerlifting, having focused more on "aesthetics" and bullshit earlier, and I need to gain weight an musclemass to get competitive in any manner. But maybe both programs would work in that regard? After all it's really just down to diet and recovery right, since there's already loads of volume in Sheiko, w the more targeted accessories for weak points?

God damn I'm autistic, almost came to a conclusion on my own as I was writing this lol

minimum height for block pulls? gym has no blocks so gotta stack the big bumper plates

Join the discord
discord.gg/YrDZqtk

hes got something wrong with his elbow which hinders his mixed if i remember right, i think his best pull even on a bendy bar is in the 700s

westside is based on eastern methods

do more reading

who dis

Merry Christmas, fAmiliA.

open.spotify.com/track/52RXVx2JA6UEMRODAKaP2X

merry christmas to you too mayne

>Putting powerlifter in your facebook bio

I SERIOUSLY hope none of you do this

>putting anything at all in your facebook bio

>having a facebook
Then again I'm a schizophrenic who doesn't like having his photo taken

>start to stall on madcow
>stop madcow
>start just going for 1 rep PRs + some pump sets on big tree
>feel happy
when I run out of PRs I will restart madcow. Feels good.

That makes 3 of us.
Stop shilling it though please, I don't want everyone to steal my meme.

Unless you have a great knowledge about dogs - don't get a husky.

How do I educate myself on smol huskys

how do u train biceps and shit
I can do 10 chinups with 130kg total weight (110 body + plaet) or 100kgx5 ohp but I look dyel. Muscles just look small.

I don't think I have any right to educate someone who overhead press 100kg how to train biceps.
I just do cheat curls and they don't do shit really, I think I need to do some strict curls two or so times a week.

Microplates and eating a fuckton is a fast track to 100kg ohp tbqh.
Or be Fil, I wonder how much Fil could ohp if he set his mind to it.

Maybe that can be my goal for 2017. I can just never find time or the effort to OHP though, always tire from bench, which I do 4-5x a week.

How often do you OHP and how does your progression look? I wouldn't mind a body weight OHP desu.

Merry xmas everyone! ヽ(*・ω・)ノ

>doing madcow ever

Don't waste your time lmao

Merry xmas faceguy!

Sheiko brings crazy results, but it's exhausting due to ridiculously high volume, and some people don't find it very fun due to not working with higher %s more frequently (though this is good as injury prevention)

Your own program is unlikely to bring as many results as Sheiko, but it will be more fun since you're running something you made yourself.

I'd just say do your own program and have fun with it. Once you're ready for the more serious, less flashy, more tiring training of Sheiko, the programs are still gonna be there available for you.

Also yeah I remember back when I was 16 and was doing p90x with 12 kg dumbbells I probably had the biggest biceps in my life. It was just,
>do biceps for a minute
>do pushups for a minute
>do biceps for a minute
>do pushups for a minute
x6 or something.
I guess I should do it again inbetween squat sets or something.

I memed myself into trying something I read off T-Nation, where you do 100 strict curls with an empty bar with no rests.

I couldn't do 100 continuous reps, the pain was unbelievable and I took like 5 short rests. I had a huge pump though, and today my biceps are fucking knotted and sore.

They look smaller so who knows if that even worked.

Shut up sheiko shill

I'm doing madcow for my squat and having great results

I got injured at some point on TM and started doing OHP only. Then that 1RM pr thing, then TM again, then 1RM pr thing with handstand pushups from blocks at home.

Madcow is fun and fine you just tweak it to have smaller jumps

>not putting it on your job app

To clarify, I would go for a 1RM OHP pr, maybe back-off triples mon-wed-fri mornings, then do triples handstands from blocks in the evening until I couldn't finish a triple set, then maybe handstands from blocks the next day, depending on how I felt. Never really pushed for PRs, just fucked around with weight, e.g. some days I would do a lot of singles leading up to an old 1RM, other days I would go straight for the PR, all depending on how handstands, this and previous OHP workouts felt. Was increasing the height of the blocks when I felt capable of doing a triple from taller blocks too.

Did you start eating enough
I saw a tiny dude squat lmao4plate at the gym yesterday in wraps and immediately thought of you.

yeah I am BULKIN

>wraps
>4pl8

I'm sad that you think so low of me, user

Cmon, Madcow has less volume than Starting Strength, and focuses more on Rows than Deadlifts.

I don't see any reason at all to do madcow, besides being memed into it, when you can do early-intermediate programs with a lot more volume, that will progress faster, focus on the lifts that matter, and won't require you to deload all the time.

But maybe I'm just becoming too cynical about everything.

>smaller jumps

What % did you use?
I'm doing 12.5% at the moment and I'd be lying if I said going from 140 x 5 to 160 x5 wasn't a bit jarring

>tfw it's been a whole 2 minutes since the last time I had sex

I don't know how I'm going to survive.

Use 7% jumps on madcow instead of 12.5% as vanilla dictates and compare the volume with TM for the same 5RM.
On top of that, vanilla madcow has MORE deadlift volume, and you do deadlifts FRESH, compared to TM where you do them either after 5x5 squats or after 5rm squats. You also progress essentially every workout on madcow.

I use 7-10% when I start madcow cycle (I immediately go for a PR by the way, I don't "ease into it"), then when I feel shit getting too hard/start missing reps on the final set I keep the final set weight constant until I can do all five reps comfortably and focus on increasing the weight on the sets leading up to it. If I can't do even that I switch to 1rm-ing, low volume lets me rest and high intensity makes the weight on the next cycle of madcow feel lighter.

The furtherest I've ever gotten with a girl was when I was about 11-12(?) and I had a crush on this girl at camp who was 16-17 and she held my hand when going walking through the woods because it was dark.

I've been attracted to older girls ever since

> Sheiko

Actually like working with lower intensity and higher frequency/volume overall

Probably going to run it actually, been reading a bit more rn. Injury prevention is paramount for me really desu.

For deficit Sumo would 1.8/2.5" work, and 2.5/3.5" for blockpulls? (Width of different plates at the gym I'd stand on etc.)
You wouldn't have any idea how to find an exercise/variation guide on Sheiko? I know I saw one a year ago or so, I think by boris himself detailing in the manner variations would be performed

>compare the volume with TM for the same 5RM

TM has more volume. In madcow you're basically doing warmups and 1x5, then 1x4, then 1x5 1x8.

>vanilla madcow has MORE deadlift volume

Not at all. Madcow has what, 1x4? In TM you'd have 3x5 and 1x5 at least.

>compared to TM where you do them either after 5x5 squats or after 5rm squats

But that's how you do it in Powerlifting.

>You also progress essentially every workout on madcow

Same with TM.

trip on alex

I was hoping someone would say that. I may be a trip, but I'm not Alex.

DL from boxes' height is pic related (basically around 6-8cm below the knees)
Deficit is 10cm

There's a lot of guides and commentary on his forum. Also he has a small Q&A series on youtube that explains a lot of details about the programs, and answers some common questions.

Alex is too intelligent to lift

whats with back and biceps work in sheiko???

Don't mind me, just reposting all Sheiko programs.

Beginner
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cfn4wy-9lc3mO5ObkoBU_Bf2GUtkr42gCyZS_hzeD4I/edit?usp=sharing

Intermediate Small Load
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1A8YmCRV8hL4VFdMtuSzNAM_0wjPF4lj1HxHFEnMVers/edit?usp=sharing

Intermediate Medium Load
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18nIdEHDGktGptKsWDQzowXkmHeM6XGMFj-TnGdQKLmY/edit?usp=sharing

Intermediate Large Load
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1htZVT7ltLYVBSB3Uh9PQKqARitj46IEgihbo3Uu04P0/edit?usp=sharing

Advanced Medium Load
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-Yt4THa8mZNR81aUcgDVgdqTpc3GiAKLenx3Z7id0yE/edit?usp=sharing

Advanced Large Load

so you abandoned your retarded volume = sets definition
that's a good start, one day you might actually lift more than 2pl8