QTDDTOT

Previous thread:

Why can I eat 1000 and not feel that hungry

When I started cutting I felt light headed and weak on 1800

Why the fuck won't my traps grow? I do farmer walks, overhead presses, incline bench, shrugs, deads...everything I can think of. Everything else grows but I still have this weird ass pencil neck thing going on.

Your body has gotten used to it. Plain and simple.

Cause you aren't used to eating 1800 everyday.

Stop thinking of calories in a day and think of them over a week. If you eat 1000 in a day you will just end up eating more subconsciously the next to make up for it. Now you are eating at a real deficit over a long period of time.

Eat 2100, do some solid 60 minute cardio 3 times a week and you will be better off.

How do I into NANOMACHINES mode?

Shrugs are a meme. You probably aren't activating them very much during deads, bench, or farmers. Make sure during deads you are putting strain on them.

Are disjointed cardio sessions beneficial? Like if I want 30 minutes of cardio can I do 15 minutes in the morning and 15 minutes in the evening? What would be the best type of cardio to do this?

when do I deload? is it best to fail 3x like SL says, or deload once I can't lift at a certain weight?

Admitedly DYEL
Used to do SL with some added exercises

Because of a major change of schedules, now I can work out basically every day if I want to.

I have been doing:

Arms (yeah, one who arm day) + stretching and shit like that.
Cardio + abs
deadlifts + legs
Cardio + abs
Back + chest
cardio + abs
Legs + Deadlift
rest 1 day
Start again

Cardio is always light (40 min tops, no HIIT)

Am I overworking the legs?
I want jooocy legs and ass.

How important are macros while cutting? Do I need to watch my carbs etc., or can I just count calories? Does timing matter (eg, eating carbs right before my workout)?
In case it matters I'm ~20%bf now, goal is 12-14%

Youre overthinking it man. Do whatever you enjoy the most. As long as youre heartrate is constantly high youre good.

I hurted my right wrist two weeks ago, i still cant lift weight with this hand, should I have to stop any workout or can I still do squats deadlifts and left hand dumbell exercices?

If you fail out in the first set, you're certainly lifting too much. If you fail out on like the last two reps of the last set, try that weight again next session.
I personally offer myself two session attempts at a new weight. if I fail two sessions in a row, I probably need to deload.
This criteria might be a little softer on something like OHP, though, where the muscle group is smaller and may take more time than squats, DL, or bench to progress to a new weight

General cutting diet guidelines:

Keep calories low and protein high. This means you need to cut back on fat, carbs, or both. You have things like keto, where fat is high and carbs are zero, and you have no fat diets where carbs are high. Or you can moderately cut back on both. You need carbs to lift at 100% your ability (and thus retain your muscle as you lose weight) so I don't recommend cutting off carbs everyday.

It doesn't really matter. You can get away with not doing fancy things like carb cycling to get to 12 percent.

I am 5'8" and 144lbs. I started at 134lbs two months ago, but have since focused on eating 3400 calories a day and am putting on weight. I still look lean and am progressing nicely on my lifts, but I want to have a specific, measurable goal to work towards. I know I have a ways to go, but at what point do I begin to cut? Is it a specific weight for my height?

Deadlifts definitely use your wrist so I wouldn't do that

Squats might be okay. Left hand dumbbell exercises should be fine.

Really you wanna rest it. Don't push it you want it to heal. Take as much time as it needs and then some

It's up to you. If you feel too fat (or not lean enough) then you can cut. Don't focus on weight, focus on how much body fat you're willing to tolerate.

Bummer, I was hoping for something specific so I could write it down and work towards it. 160lbs was what I was originally thinking.

Then go to 160 lbs and see how you feel

I had a goal of 190 lbs (I'm 5'10). Got to 185 and got over it so I started cutting

rate my routine?

PPLX

push -
flat bench 3x5
flat bench 2x8 at lower weight
ohp 3x5
ohp 2x8 at lower weight
close grip bp 3x8
dips 3x8

pull -
deadlifts 3x5
chin ups 3x8
rows 3x5
rows 2x8 at lower weight
pull ups 3x8

legs -
low bar squats 3x5
low bar squats 2x8 at lower weight
leg curl 3x8
leg press 3x8

What quantity of food do I have to eat if I get an injury while bulking?

Which is the more effective push-up; Regular, incline, or decline?

Good/10 , I'd move Dead to leg day and replace leg press with front squat though
Maybe even add upright Row if you want traps and extra delt

I hope you're kidding. Decline pushup of course. Not only are you levering your body in a way so that you have to effectively press more weight, you're also in a position when you cannot use the lower part of the sternal head of the pec major as effectively and have to rely more on the clavicular head and your anterior delts, which are both weaker.

doing low bar squats and deads on the same day kills me
so I just figured it would be easier to move deads to pull day

once my mobility gets better I'll definitely start doing front squats though instead of leg presses

and yeah upright rows sound p good

Why no arms and why chin and pullups on the same day

I ate at maintenance and lost some strength after just 2 weeks of resting, so I guess you could try eating at the same surplus.

I just figured all the rows/chins would be decent enough for my biceps and the dips/close grip bp would hit the triceps

Yeah it doesn't really matter when you do them as long as you do, I was just going with the logic that it's lower body so leg day
Careful with upright rows, easy to get form wrong and shoulder injury but great if done right

Do curls for biceps. Honestly

what's the verdict on a protein high diet and kidney stress? Have a history of renal failure in the family and want to be on the safe side.

yeah that sounds like a good idea

Got knee straps for christmas as I had been complaining about my shitty market knee sleeves I have been using for squats

I have shitty knee caps that sometimes dislocate and thats why I have been using the knee sleeves

Should I start using the straps regularly or is it considered cheating? I heard they might help you lift more weight but I want to get stronger, not just increase the numbers

my squat 5RM is 165kg

Are there any significant difference between Creapure and other ordinary micronized creatine monohydrates?

Will muscle insertions in my chest tighten up as i keep progressing? I've been lifting 5 months or so and my pecs have developed kind of like pic related. where one side seems like its crawling down my chest

Nope.

literally does not matter

get a mid-tier mono (too cheap and it might be cut) and stop falling for the supp jew

>go to parents home for holidays
>local small gym closed most of the time
>even when its open its too cold and has no heating
>moms cooking bureks and baklavas
g-guess im getting fat then
any other exercise to do at home besides plank and push ups so I feel like im doing something even though im not?

Is stretching needed or a waste of time? I don't see anyone else doing it. Like one guy inside the locker and one guy in the gym does it

I want to add Bicep Curls to Phraks Greyskull LP.

Should I add them to the day with OHPs/Chinups or the day with BPs/Rows?

Should I take creatine everyday or just on workout days?

Will eating these macros while bulking make me gain fat instead of muscle?

300/50/200
C/F/P

is 8x5 bench too much volume for le texas method? i need more

yes

every day

Stretching before working out means you've got a neglected problem that's causing problems and you gotta take your ass to a physiotherapist.

Stretching after working out helps maintain proper mobility, if you're slowly loosing it (can't touch your knees with your forehead while standing, can't touch you hands behind your back etc.)

Weight? Give me your weight I will give you gud macros baka

How much are you lifting
?
I know just the thought of cardio makes me want to vomit after i do deadlifts or squats. are you doing squats and deads same day? maybe you should try to lift heavier

can i do 5x5 for bench-press 3 times a weak
Monday Wednesday Friday i usually start off
with a new weight every weak for 1 set of 5 reps and 4 sets of 4 and on Wednesday im strong enough to do five reps five sets and on Friday i do the same thing is this going to cause over trainng because im currently still at baby-weights 190 lbs 5 reps should i keep doing this i have went of from 175X5 to 190 X 5 in a little over a couple of weals

Try it and find out. If you feel you need it then probably not.

it doesn't really matter. personally, I'd pair them up with OHP/chin days and maybe pair hammer curls with bench/row days.
but I'd probably end up forgetting them or neglecting them anyways because curls bore the snot out of me

Rackpulls + cheat yates rows + cheat shrugs

Needing something like blenderbottle for my Whey+milk, any good brands/products specifically?

Pro Tip when doing shrugs only do one side at a time, leave your other hand empty. Way better range of motion. Ipso facto, get more gains.

With family duties and general Christmas stuff I will not have time to work out at home. What do? Will 3 days out of my schedule make a difference in the grand scheme of things?

Behind the neck OHP. Start with the bar, go slow 4 max rep sets. I wouldn't do it on the same day as regular OHP. Up the weight by 5 when you can do 50 reps in 4 sets.

How does one into morning workouts?

170 at 5"11 (Male)

On icf 5x5 you're supposed to row 3 times a week, but I wanna do chinups instead of rows on workout B, is it fine to alternate weighted chins with rows on this program? I find that deadlifts fatigue my lower back and I can't really row at my strongest, only time I feel rows really work my back is when i'm fresh and recovered on Monday. Thanks

Promise
You'll survive, yes
Set an alarm

Hey, the gym is shut down on me. Anyone have a good full body calisthenics program just for the day?

Promixx*

how quickly could I get to 2 plate and 3 plate in squat, deadlift and bp? right now squat 60kg deadlift 70kg bp 30kg just starting out, bought power rack for 700€ so I figure I could do 2 lifting sessions per day 6 days a week. I'm not on gear but since I'm starting out only lifting 3 weeks it's unlikely this will become overtraining.

Assume my diet and sleeping pattern are top notch.

Depends on your dedication. I'd say 3 years.

>3 years

How do I not have constipation for fuck's sake?
I eat lots of fiber, vegetables, fruits, drink around a galon of water a day, eat lots of seeds (flax, chia) so why the hell am I having constipation problems, can it be because I eat too much flour? (pasta and bread are pretty much staples for me)

3400 cal/day? How much of a surplus is that, and why so high? I am 5'9" 145lbs, and I'm currently eating 2400cal/day on my bulk.

Fatty here, I started eating healthy for two weeks now, why the fuck am I breaking out. This doesnt happen even when I was eating poorly.

How do my routine looks for putting on size/mass.
A
Bench 3x8
Squat 3x8
Diddly 3x8 or 3x5 can decide
Cable rows 3x8

B
DB curls 3x8
Tricep extension 3x8
Ohp 3x8

ABXABXX

Routine goals are to add size/mass quickly. Rate? Also how many reps and sets for Diddly. I see ss and sl say 1x5. Why just one set.

>constipation
"...
Indications that one is in an unhealthy slow oxidation state include sluggish adrenal and thyroid activity, constipation, gut dysbiosis and leaky gut syndrome, depression, difficulty digesting fats and vertigo, while those in a less-than-optimal state of fast oxidation often experience high blood pressure, a tendency to have diarrhea, anxiety and excessive perspiration. A slow oxidizer has decreased activity of the thyroid and adrenal glands. The hormone levels of these endocrine glands may be indicated by low levels on blood or salivary tests but it is not unusual to see ratios in hair analysis decline months to years before measurable declining levels are detectable via blood or saliva.
..."
weston a price foundation
I guess you might be eating too little fats

>eating healthy
you have probably not
eating healthy means nothing
you probably still torture your body
if you want specific answer give specific details

MYQ:
is there any way to fix lower body asymmetry?
like in abs and stuff
does anyone knows how to fix that?

I am typically eating two eggs, 2 cups of mixed greens, 1 piece of wheat bread for breakfast

Half a grapefruit for a snack

I go to subway (kek) and get a chicken breast sandwich on multigrain flatbread with all veggies, no condiments, no added salt or pepper

For dinner typically either a skinless chicken breast or salmon, 2 cups of frozen veggies, with 1/4 cup of brown rice.

With variations of course, and I thrown in a protein shake post workout if I dont hit the mark.

For about two-two and a half weeks now.

is lamb good meat?

I just noticed a sale for lamb for 8euro/kg which is much less then the 10 euro/kg I pay for chicken

Hit 180kg deadlift today for 2 reps, is that good? Only been deadlifting for 4 months, started at 60kg and am natty (260lb though)

yeah your diet sounds good, keep doing it. I dont know what your macros are but I suppose you have calculated your daily calory needs and are keeping track of your calories in...

2 weeks is not a lot of time. its like a minute for the body. You will see results but needs constancy. The time lines for changing a body are measured with months like 2-3 months is the shortest period for n adequate measurement to be made.
tl;dr: keep it on

Do one set of amrap on DL

>Squat 3X8
>DL 3X8
Yeah, no.

Don't try to reinvent the wheel, just do GSLP it has what you're looking for.

I am, counting and tracking and all that. Was just afraid, didnt know if protein shakes caused breakouts or anything. Thank you.

What is the fastest way to grow my little bitch forearms. Also how can I improve my grip strength. I can barely deadlift 275 without straps.

i've never used straps and i think it's why my forearms have gotten so big

Dips and pull ups are a meme for small striation pretty boy aesthetic muscles.
I'll just add DL to ohp bicep and tricep day
Then do bench squat and rows the next thanks tho. My routine may be weird but I've been lifting for a few years and always progressive overload, and these sl ss and other routines look like novice programs with only 3 days of lifting and meme exercises like pull ups

How in the hell do I eat less than 2000 kCal a day?

I'm not even that fat or out of shape. It seems like fucking everything is 600 calories for a meal and I just don't get enough food. A single fuckin' tortilla is 200 calories. two waffles, tiny ass eggos, are 300 calories. I've already totally cut pop out and started drinking 0 calorie crystal lite or just water. A fucking clementine is 70 calories. The only way I can down protein powder is with milk+2 scoops=400 calories. Goddammit.

Yes I've looked at the dieting wiki.

how about only eating 3 meals of 600 cal? and nothing in between?

wtf I have the same problem
my right pec goes right straight to the sternum while my left one kind of tapers up in a curve, leaving some asymmetrical space
it seems that in my case it's a thoracic cage asymmetry issue, my right side is a bit more "elevated" or forward than the left

how do i avoid loss of gains from MDMA

does loading on antioxidants and just constantly eating the whole time cut it?

yeah don't fucking eat tortillas and waffles lmao

flour products are very calorically dense with very minimal protein. don't eat them

Eat 2 meals. One chicken breast and 200g of rice

how much g is one chicken breast usually?

Question:
if I can train 3, max 4 days a week is PHUL the BEST choice for intermediate routine?
Seems like making PPL into a 4 day split is a bit of too much fucking around...

My story: started 10 months ago, trained before but never anything more than fucking around with a PT split and never going consistently for more than 2 months.
Ran out of noob gains.
Got decent results considering I started as a spoopy skellington.
5RM maxes
>54kg Press
>80kg Bench
>100kg Squat
>125kg Deadlift

I'm "ignoring" 531 because as I said I dont think I can (and can bear) to do more strength gains, I think I just need more volume and to put some muscle on

what makes you think you are an intermediate when you have never tried linear progression?

>meme exercises like pull ups
nigga those be fightin’ words

>when you have never tried linear progression
Wat
I did it for the last 10 months

To be precise SS and then GSLP for the last 2-3 months

How old is too old to make it?

Consider 'making it' being mired right and left by early 20s qts

when you cant get hard erections anymore
your officially to old to make it

I'm 6'4", 363lbs of mostly fat and 29 years old.

Using various calculators i've worked out my requirement to be 3700 calories per day. That's with lifting weights 3 times a week.

Subtracting about 20% gets me 3000 calories per day, lifting 3 times a week. Does that sound about right for someone my size to start losing weight?

how about not eating processed shitty food like tortilla and desserts?

>did deadlift and pullups yesterday
is it okay to do bench today? i would think back and arms don't affect chest, but my shoulders feel sore

Will huge compound exercises (deadlift, squat, etc) still increase test even if you're at a caloric deficit?
I've been lifting for 2 months and I have seen incredible progress and was eating like a madman. I am competing in a race soon and have been doing more HIIT and less weight lifting, so I have not been counting calories as much. I'm likely at a deficit.

You will die

Increasing the weight of your compound lifts is always the priority of any routine. The only way you gain muscle is through progressive overload. Doing the same workout with the same weights every session will gain you nothing

531 is advanced programming. You are not advanced. Intermediate programming would be things like Texas method or Madcow

Should be fine