What does Veeky Forums collectively think about keto diet?

What does Veeky Forums collectively think about keto diet?
Can you be just as healthy without keto?

Its gay
Yes

Keto is good for dropping weight, however, you should not due it forever/long term.

Actually, I read on several websites that keto should be considered a life style change. Long term kind of thing.

Why no rice ?

Fake & gay

I think its beginning to look a lot like new years around here.

The idea is that you limit your daily card intake to sub-50g. Rice has moderate-high carbs count. So I guess that's why.

bump

Dumb mobileposter.

Keto is just a way to make calorie deficits easier.

It was created for epileptic kids to reduce the likelihood of seizures.

Does this mean I can keep eating cake and still be as healthy?

If you eat like a slice of cake a week, no problem.
If the majority of your calories come from cake, it's not healthy

What if you have a single serving of that cake every day instead?

>Dairy but not milk
Why?

Keto is bogus and difficult to maintain

unless you have a little helper called amphetamines

No, it's a meme diet. It can be a decent diet for endurance athletes (e.g. ultramarathoners or triathletes) since you learn to rely on fat instead of carbs as a fuel source for the long term (hence not hving to rely on aid stations to prevent them from hitting the wall). However, many endurance athletes have had complications related to it.

What's a good macro ratio for a non-athlete who tries to stay in shape?

>no pasta
>no rice
>no milk

litterally 2/3 of my alimentation.

Keto can be done with milk and rice
Just be prepared for lots and lots of meat, but youre probably used to that.

it's probably a fad imo.
i looked into it a little and it seemed interesting at first but then i started to notice how much shit they try to sell to you(click here to buy this book/this supplement/that supplement). that turned me off right away.
besides no way im giving up rice and milk.

I liked it when it was Atkins. No alcohol is a bigger hangup than no sweets and startches IMO.
lactose is a sugar which is haram and easy to break carb threshold with.

how is keto for strength training?

these were the results I got from going keto

as well as running 3-5 miles a day and lifting 3-4 times a week

>No bananas, apples, grapes, peaches, oranges

Yeah no, fuck you. I can easily give up bread, pasta, rice, candies, potatoes but don't touch my fruits, that shit is sacred.
Other than that, seems like a decent diet. From what I've read about it has benefits for endurance athletes because of better fat utilization but with a slightly impaired top end sprinting/cycling speed.
Dunno about strength athletes but it probably follows the same logic (lower 1RM but can do more reps at ie. 60% 1RM ? )

I'm assuming you meant can you be just as healthy with keto?

To which the answer is no, any diet which doesn't include a healthy dosing of fruits is objectively shit.

>fruits high in fructose
>ever

Might as well cut your dick off. It's a dumb shit ploy to make creating a deficit easier for morbidly obese people who believe in meme magic. Strength training is better suited to a surplus. I mean yeah, the macros are close enough. But if you're cutting you're fucking cutting. You're going for aesthetics not strength by the very nature of the concept of cutting.

>carrots
>keto

Anyways keto is a way to drop fat quicker in the short term, I'd really only recommend it for jump-starting a cut. But if you really like it and it gets you eating right then it's fine to stick with.

>still gyno
>still loose skin
>still shitskin
>still poor and messy
>now without properly pulled up pants

This is hardly progress user.

>Can you be just as healthy without keto?

Keto is almost the exact opposite of what any expert would call a healthy diet, so yes.

Taking insulin after you get diabetes from keto is a change of a life style too

Keto is retarded for anyone not morbidly obese.

If you want to lose weight just eat at a deficit and keep carbs at no more than 150g (complex carbs).

There's no reason to put yourself in a situation where you have bad breath, body odor, forced to eat fiber supplements, permanently deflated DYEL outside of the 1 day after refeed and other retarded side effects because "muh ketones"

>Taking insulin after you get diabetes from keto is a change of a life style too

Isn't a keto style diet good for diabetics? Your blood sugar is constantly stable once you stop using carbs and start using fats for fuel ( as ketones)

I wented 2 weeks on no carbs, high fat and moderate protein. Most leanest I've even been.

Just to give you an idea. I started 16%-17% 4 months earlier.

Started cutting calories as normal. Eventually once I was 12-13% I switched to keto for one month. Strictly no carbs and I dropped down to 7% bodyfat. Abs can be seen in relaxed position.

I'm going to stick it out for another month and then slowly re-introduce carbs.

I used to go hypo when I was eating carbs but checking sugar on keto and my blood sugar was constantly stable, no hypo even when I fasted or did IM fasting after waking.

Definitely, hands down a great tool for shedding the last stubborn fat around lower abs, back and obliques for me.

Also, I'm not a diabetic.

tldr LMAO

>people get most of their calories from carbs
>cut carbs
>lose weight
>wow you gotta try this amazing new method...
Normies make this shit more complicated than it is.

>Normies make this shit more complicated than it is.

Also one gram of carb pulls 4 grams of water into the body. So if you want to see a dry look at a low bodyfat, get a particular look you have to cut carbs.

ketoacidosis

>ketoacidosis

I think that is something different. Just because both words contain the prefix 'keto' doesn't mean they're the same thing.

I did it for 1.5 Month and it really helped me get over my constant need to eat since I wasn't experiencing the high-low blood sugar rollercoaster anymore its been half a year and I'm not doing keto anymore but it's still much easier to control myself around food I'd say KETO helped me tremendously not because of the few kilos I lost while on it but because it helped me break my food addiction.

-Its not more effective than a normal diet when they are equal in protein and kcals.
-Its ridiculously strict.
-You cant reach ketosis with a lot of proteins.
-Makes your breath smell due to ketones

Its good for people with alzheimers and epelepsi. Otherwise its just stupod for the vast majority of people

>stop eating sugar
>get diabetes

stupid

>ketoacidosis

nothing to do with ketosis

stupid

>epelepsi

stupid

Then it should be easy to find a few studies on the long-term effects of keto on mortality. So far the ones I've seen link animal fat consumption with increased all cause mortality.