Well since it's Christmas, let's put memes aside for a moment

Well since it's Christmas, let's put memes aside for a moment.

Is having a gf actually worth it if you're not looking to get married and have kids just yet? So many guys on here with >tfw no gf and coming from someone who's had one that didn't end well, I wanna know what you lads think.

Getting Veeky Forums, becoming more intelligent and working on your career while banging sluts occasionally on the side has worked for me. But sometimes I desire more, and I get some decent opportunities at a gf but then I realize that will take away lots of time I could otherwise spend on myself.

Yes it's worth it. Having emotional support/stability is important for humans. Having someone to travel/mess around with is also cool.

Depends. Sometimes it can be worth it, sometimes it won't. Having gf can be awesome, but it can annoying as fuck too.

>being so beta you need emotional support from a girl, who's already a beta herself
You can always get support from a good circle of friends.

A friend hugging you isn't nearly the same as your dear gf.
A-At least that's what I think.

Depends on the girl and depends on your goals. Honestly relationships are complicated, and its not like you go from 0 to gf and thats it.

So, yes and no.

my gf cooks me food and encourages me to be a better person :)

>cooks
Gaylord.

how are you even this fucking normal?

no its not. been in multiple long term relationships. its retarded an wastes time.

It's not hard when you put in an ounce of effort to try to be interested in other people. I'm still pretty autistic by normie standards.

I had a girlfriend, she definitely pushed me to be the best version of myself and I was ready to marry her. Unfortunately she ended things and now I have been spiraling to the worst version of myself. I guess it really is just what you make it. I personally would give up everything to have her back and if I cant have her back I don't really know what to do.

If I can't have kids and have 0 interest in marriage, should I stop with the gf stuff and try to just get my dick wet from here on out?

Pretty much this, having a gf is great if you already got your shit together. Otherwise even a good gf will lead you to become dependent on her.

Gfs are an agent of change, for better or worse.

Personally i have no interest in kids and im enjoying being single and fucking a cute girl on the side when opportunity arises. But take what.i say with a grain of salt, i was 3 years in a relationship that felt like mental and emotional Gulag while now i have all the freedom in the world to hit the gym as long as i want, play vidya as long as i want, hang out all i want. Basically i have the freedom to do what i want when i want however and whoever. I'm the healthiest I've ever been and bogging down to be with someone would just slow me down.

Dunno dude, i just had sex with my gf, then she blew me after because i was still hard, so i came twice.
Then we snuggled under a comfy blanket and spent the whole afternoon in bed.

felt kinda good.

Depends on the gf.

If she's a good one? Yes, absolutely.

If she's not? Fuck that shit. Bang her if you want but don't catch feelings.

There are 3 billion girls out there and people talk about there being some prototypical "gf" that they'll all behave like. Truth is there all different and any particular one may or may not be a good gf for you. Hell, a top class, wife material gf for me may be the cunt from hell for you OP, it all depends on the person and how they work for you.

Basically, don't close yourself off from one of the best things in life simply because one of them didn't work out for you. That's pretty stupid and weak. But at the same time also realise that not every girl will be a winner and you'll probably go through a few before you find one that suits you. Of course it depends on your luck how quickly that happens and if your luck sucks, or if you're just a particularly hard person to get along with, you might end up with aong list of shitty gf's. But it's worth trying IMO. Always keep in mind that the problem may be with you though, you could be a particularly shitty bf that lots of girls don't want to put their best efforts into either. In the end you need to judge if the chances of finding the right girl for you is worth the potential hard times along the way. No one on here can really do that for you though, way too many variables.

I'd say the first 6 months to a year are worth it while everything is new and fun, then it matures into being comfortable and feeling like you genuinely "know" and "have" that person which is great too, but then you get too comfortable and stuck in the same old routine and the little annoying shit she does really starts getting to you and you resent each others flaws and get bored with the same pussy and the same restaurants and the same shit on Netflix
Chicks say they want a guy with ambition but they try to make sure you never really get too far ahead out of fear that you will leave them for this years model
tldr date for a solid year and then start distancing yourself while you find a new one
and don't cheat and stick the next guy with her newfounded trust issues just say it's not working for you anymore

It's cool until she cheats on you

>tfw projecting this much

Depends on the girl.
There's a lot of good shit that comes with having a partner you can trust.
She will pay half the rent. She can help you when you need help. You can split cooking. When in social situations you will always have emotional support and feel more confident - which can get even more girls interested in you.
HOWEVER
Is right.
The emotional rollercoaster is ridiculous. Having a long term gf will make you more depressed and stressed out than being happy.
You can forget regular sex life cause women get bored of having the same partner- doesn't matter how always horny they are at the start.
She won't give a single fuck about you. Never think of you. That's how women are. You are now her /acesory/.
Also you can no longer be activly on the "hunt" which takes a lot of fun out of life.

>while banging sluts occasionally
If you actually, non-ironically think about this subject in real life in those exact words then you should not waste womens' time with your bullshit, since you obviously treat them like objects and not like fellow human beings. Having a 'girlfriend' is supposed to be a prelude to a permanent relationship (i.e. MARRIAGE), not just a convenient way to get sex. If you seriously, non-ironically are only interested in getting your dick wet then do the rest of the world a favor and just pay prostitutes for sex and forget about dating and forget about 'normal' women, they're not for you.

..and NO, I'm not a woman, nor am I gay, nor am I a 'cuck' or 'beta' or any of that bullshit, nor am I a 'white knight'. This is just the way the world IS and you need to realize that.

Well in my relationship i was getting bored of the sex, granted she was getting fat and so was I but every time i started to run, get in shape or anything out of the ordinary she pressed the "you're cheating on me" button because somewhere she read that me getting in shape, trying to better myself was because i was meeting someone new.

Yeah we split rent but she couldn't cook to save her life or change a tire, shit like that fell on me and i cooked healthy but she'd eat ice cream and snacks before bed. Every day felt like i was walking on egg shells because the fatter she got the more insecure she got and the more i compromised to ease her paranoia to the point i was slightly isolated from my friends. Again mental and emotional Gulag, i was sacrificing too much of my happiness for her and at the end i had to really put myself first, i wasn't happy and my happiness comes first.

Now i can run 3 miles, i can lift heavier than even in my youth, my muscles feel great, my aim for ottermode is coming along nicely, i reconnected with old friends. My life is quiet and peaceful

I can't do that. I no longer care for human warmth and intimacy, after I fuck someone I just want to be on my way and do the things I usually do; I used to be different, now I'm like this and I don't know why. It doesn't bother me in truth, but I don't want to get in a relationship with someone if I can't give them the emotional closeness they want

Autism: the post.

Not once did I say I want a gf just to get my dick wet. Just because I see girls on the side occasionally doesn't mean I see them as objects either. I already mentioned that sometimes I want something a little more than just physical. Take your projecting for the sake of being a white knight faggot someplace else.

I'll hopefully be getting my own place in a couple years. Maybe that would be a good time to have a gf but for now it's just inconvenient, especially when it comes to sex.

1. You're not the OP
2. Your bait is old, busted, and so Last Thursday that I barely even made note of it
3. You have failed to anger me; please kill yourself immediately
4. Bored now! Going to find threads that are actually entertaining

Gf helped me turn my life around. She's my closest friend and my most trusted person. Without her I would be a mess

Bro if you need a disclaimer telling people you're not gay, you probably shouldn't post

help me Veeky Forums
i don't want a gf, but i want a gf
i don't like kissing whatsoever, sex doesn't seem that interesting to me (i'm happy enough with pleasing myself), and i really don't want to deal with someone making decisions that make no sense to me or someone who ends up being very nasty (like some of the relationships you read about on here)
i think it might be nice to have someone who really likes you though (who isn't family), i haven't had that before. but i'm scared of making a commitment because i don't want to deal with nonsense and i think i have unrealistic standards.
i've got about 50 likes on okc and i every now and then a girl is a little extra friendly when talking to me, but i can't bring myself to do anything; i'm a little anxious, but mostly, i don't care

It depends...

I broke up with my ex and honestly I kind of regret it; not because I was in love, but because I realize that she wasn't THAT bad, especially in comparison to other girls.
>white
>smart (although dropped out of uni)
>$55k/yr job
>big tits
>big ass
>redhead
But, she had a lot of other drawbacks.

I broke up with her mainly because she never pushed me. Not that I want someone to make me aggressively change myself, but she was 1509875108% complacent in everything we did. I knew it was too easy to just keep gaining weight (gained 30lbs in a year w/ here) and live the easy life with infinite emotional support, so I had to break it off.

We'll see if I fucked up.

I'm about to hit 3 years with my girl. My pros and cons

Pros
> Steady, comfortable sex is fucking great
> Have a partner for anything (dancing, parties, traveling, trips, etc)
> Knowing you have someone actually reliable is amazing
> Cuddling can be great
> When you're first in love, it's truly nice

Cons
> Sex can get stale sometimes, but that just means you have to switch it up
> Suddenly, other girls in varying degrees of hotness are into you
> Girl can be needy and never get tired of you, leaving you little to no time for yourself
> Everything you do now has to bring into consideration your girl
> Girls can be batshit psycho and illogical
> Love can grow into complacency
> The realization that you'll never be with another woman again (assuming you don't cheat) is definitely a weird realization
> Your partner will get fat

Overall though, not bad though.

“Marry, and you will regret it; don’t marry, you will also regret it; marry or don’t marry, you will regret it either way. Laugh at the world’s foolishness, you will regret it; weep over it, you will regret that too; laugh at the world’s foolishness or weep over it, you will regret both. Believe a woman, you will regret it; believe her not, you will also regret it… Hang yourself, you will regret it; do not hang yourself, and you will regret that too; hang yourself or don’t hang yourself, you’ll regret it either way; whether you hang yourself or do not hang yourself, you will regret both. This, gentlemen, is the essence of all philosophy.”

― Soren Kierkegaard

No

You end up like this

If you know what makes a good gf and can attain one, then absolutely worth it. Intimate companionship, limitless blowjobs, and constant motivation to do things you wouldn't otherwise (trips to country side, cultural events you wouldn't go to with bros) are all benefits that improve your life. Plus, if it starts to be more trouble than it's worth you just breakup, do some self-reflection on why it didn't work out, and make the necessary adjustments for the next relationship .